Mha x Modern Reader

By yetscar

My body hits the pavement. I throw up on the ground and roll over. My ears are ringing and my muscles feel li... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 2

3.7K 94 40
By yetscar

I wake up the next morning with hair tangled everywhere. I yawn and get up slowly, the sun shining through the nurse's room. Damn, my breath stinks. I look up and eyes meet mine. Multiple ones. All with very original looks. There's seven of them. All in the school uniforms that have 'UA' embroidered on.

One of them speaks loudly and abruptly while the rest stare, "Who the hell are you?"

I reply to the loud blonde boy, "I could ask you the same." I look at the rest of them.

"We go here. I've never seen you before," he replies in a matter-of-fact tone.

"What do you mean you go here?"

"To UA obviously."

More memories rush through my brain of who these characters are. This is Katsuki Bakugo if I'm not mistaken. I look to the others again. Izuku Midoriya, Shoto Todoroki, Mina Ashido, Kirishima Eijiro and Tsuyu Asui. Right, 'UA' is the school. They're all looking at me with confused expressions.

I hum at the Bakugo guy's answer. Silence covering the room.

"So why are you here?" the Todoroki boy asks, taking a step towards the bed curiously.

"Hit my head. Why are you here?" I vaguely reply.

"To find recovery girl. Have you seen her..." Todoroki trails off, not knowing my name.

"Y/n. And I have not seen her. I just woke up. You all saw me wake up just now."

Todoroki takes a step back. The whole group seems to not know what to say to me. Like they've never met someone like me before. That makes sense though, as I'm from a different universe, literally.

Before the group continues to question me more, recovery girl walks in. She looks at the group of kids, then she sees that I'm awake, "Y/n you're awake."

I feel myself tense up at my name, even though she shows no malice.

"Great," recovery girl continues, "The principal and a few teachers want to see you. Talk about your situation."

I grunt, I don't want to talk about my situation. I want to go back to my life on Earth, my Earth. It's cool being in a show but this all feels very unfamiliar. Still I manage to an 'Okay' escape my lips.

I get out of the bed, still in the gym uniform. The students stare at me with curiosity and confusion. Only once me and recovery girl leave do they remember they were there to talk to recovery girl. They decide to leave it for now and head to class, gossiping about the mystery girl, y/n.

I walk down the clean hallways with recovery girl. If I didn't have someone guiding me I'd be lost in this building in two seconds. We reach a wooden door that has a gold plaque on it. The words, 'Conference Room' engraved on it. Recovery girl knocks on it.

"Come in," we hear on the other side. Recovery girl opens the door, afterwards leaving the room.

I walk in the room hesitantly. The room has a huge table down the center, adults lined up on each side. Adults with weirding lookin' outfits on. I recognize a couple of them from the show. All Might, Midnight, a mouse who I think is the principal, and a few others. Except that Aizawa is nowhere to be seen. Then I remember he's probably teaching classes.

"Have a seat y/n," the mouse points to the empty seat at the front of the table.

I sit down.

"I'll be brief about why you're here y/n," Nezu pauses. "One of our teachers here at UA, Midnight, saw you drop from a portal in the sky. We're not accusing you of any wrongdoing, but it is illegal to use quirks in public. We've tried to find your file in the police system and came up empty. We just want to know who you are and why you're here."

Hearing those words from Nezu causes me to burst into tears. The reality of my situation finally starts to sink in when someone else sums it up for me. I'm here alone. I'm sixteen and have nowhere to go. I'm homeless, I don't know anyone here. Plus there's superpowers here like in a comic book. My sobs fill the room.

The teachers sit there awkward at the unexpected outburst. All Might quickly rushes to my side and rubs my back.

All Might looks back at Nezu, both have panicked expressions. I continue to cry. A few minutes go by of All Might rubbing my back and my cries weaken. I wipe the tears from my face. All Might returns to his seat once he sees I'm fine.

"I'm sorry," the teachers listen to me carefully. "I'm not used to crying like that." I laugh a bit through wiping my tears. "I don't know how I got here, this isn't my world. I was at my High School walking down the halls and all of a sudden, I'm on the middle of the street in a foreign place.

"Actually not even foreign since this was a TV show I used to watch back where I'm from." I lose control of myself, all the mixed up emotions I've been feeling since I arrived here are pouring out.

Nezu studies me carefully as I'm saying all this. Trying to decipher if I'm lying, but to his terror he finds I'm not. The other teachers unsure of what to think.

"Right, um, we need to discuss this with each other for a minute. Wait outside and we'll call you back in," Nezu finishes.

"Sounds good," I couldn't wait to leave that room. I rush out and close the door behind me. That felt good releasing all those emotions, but I wonder if I should've.

I wait outside for about ten minutes in the empty hallway. Finally the door opens, "You can come back in y/n," All Might's voice booms.

I walk back into the room. All Might sits back down. I sit back down on the chair I was sitting on before.

Nezu clears his throat, "We've come to a decision that Midnight will take you in for the time being. She'll be your temporary guardian until you're eighteen or you're able to return to your world."

"Hell no," I immediately reject the idea.

Nezu sweat drops, "What do you mean?"

"I'm not letting anyone here be my 'guardian'. I'm sixteen and I can take care of myself."

The teachers all look at each other, having a conversation with facial expressions.

Nezu speaks up again, "Well if you don't want a guardian then how about you live in the UA dorms for now. Does that sound better?"

"Way better," I finish.

"Okay then it's settled. You'll stay in the UA dorms for now. How about..." Nezu looks around to each of the staff. He makes eye contact with All Might, "All Might you bring her to the dorms."

Nezu turns back to me, "I'm sure some of the teachers can let you borrow some spare clothes. I guess you'll also need to finish your education so we can enroll you here for now in the general studies department." He turns to All Might, "I'm pretty sure class 1A has a couple spare dorms in their building."

All Might nods and gets out of his seat.

"Wait," I pause, "How am I going to get money? I don't want to borrow from you. I need to get a job."

Nezu clasps his hands together and rests his head on them, "You could probably find a part-time job at a fast food place or something. You'll have to look into that. For now the school will provide you with a student Visa card. That will have 90,000 yen on it."

"What? Are you crazy? That's so much!"

Nezu looks at me confused, "Where are you from again?"

"America."

"That would be around $600 in American money."

"Oh, nevermind then."

He offers me a strained smile, "I was planning on giving you the Visa later but I guess I'll give you it now." He pulls out from his pocket the Visa. I walk over to him and he hands it to me. "Buy all the necessities you'll need."

"Whose money is this?" I ask.

"The government technically," Nezu answers. "They gave money to the school, given your situation."

I look at him shocked, "The government knows about me?"

"Yes," Nezu looks back to All Might.

All Might speaks, "I'll show you to the dorms now y/n."

As I leave the room following All Might, Nezu adds in, "Don't lose the Visa Card!"

I follow All Might through the large halls. My head hurts just walking through the halls. It's so easy to get lost in them. All Might slows down his pace to walk beside me as we pass classrooms.

All Might starts some small talk, "So y/n, did you like this show?"

"Oh- I remember liking it. It's been a few years since I watched it so it's all kinda blurry."

He nods in response, "This all must feel very crazy to you. It does to me and I'm not the one in a different world," he jokes.

I sadly chuckle a bit, "It is crazy."

Awkward silence fills the air around us.

We eventually make it out of the building. All Might holds the door open for me. I stare at the courtyard. The dorm buildings off on the sides. All Might leads me to the one I'll be staying at 1A.

We walk in the building together, We enter the common area. No one is here since school's still in progress.

All Might attempts to make small talk again, "I heard you're immune to quirks. That's cool."

I look up at him as we enter the elevator, "Who told you that?"

"Recovery girl. She said her quirk didn't work on you." He presses the button to the 4th floor. He continues, "Y'know I've never heard of someone being immune to quirks. I guess Aizawa has a quirk that temporarily removes someone's quirk and Eri has a quirk that rewinds people so their quirk doesn't exist." He turns to me, "But I've never heard of someone who's just immune to quirks."

"Well I don't know what to tell you. I'm otherworldly," I joke.

He laughs. His laugh is so loud that it shocks me.

The elevator dings, we've reached the fourth floor. We walk into the hallway.

All might continues, "So you'll be here on the right wing since all the girls' dorms are on the right wing." He hands me a key card. "This is the key to your room." Also he reaches into his pocket, "I thought you might like this." He hands me a brand new wallet.

I take it and put my Visa card and key card in, "Thank you. I don't know what I would've done without this."

"You're welcome," He smiles at me. "The students should be back here around when school ends at 3:10 pm. One of them can accompany you to go shopping."

"Okay," I press the key card to the dorm, "Who's this dorm beside again?"

"Mina Ashido is her name, Uraraka is two dorms down. They're both nice girls, I'm sure you'll get along."

I swing open the door to the room, seeing they provided a bed and a desk.

I step back out of the dorm, seeing All Might walking away.

I call out to him, "Thank you All Might!"

He turns and looks back at me, "You're welcome."

I go back into my dorm. I guess I'll be waiting until the class gets back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 492 17
ᴵᶻᵘᵏᵘ ᴹⁱᵈᵒʳⁱʸᵃˣ ᶠ! ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ ╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- ╰┈➤ ❝ If your dreams don't scare you there too small. ❞ ♡˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚🍒:; ↳ ❝ ¡ Stop moving ya head ! ❞ ╔═══...
66.4K 1.7K 116
Y/n L/n,a girl with a powerful quirk, was dreaming to go into UA, living with her mother : Sana L/n, and her older brother Siji L/n. She had a very h...
739 4 37
in which a girl with a deadly quirk likes to take pictures of her classmates for her instagram page. [ON HIATUS] [under editing, so don't be surpri...
3.5K 106 14
Bnha x reader x Tokyo Revengers °| DISCONTINUED |° Cover Image by me TW: There will be mention of blood, death, suicidal thoughts and toxicity. So pl...