"Destiny" Act One ll ZNathan...

By SapphireUnicorn4Life

Act one of ZNathan Animations' Eternal Conflict story. This is based on the remaster episode, so it will be d... More

Nathan's POV:

Teufel's POV:

52 0 0
By SapphireUnicorn4Life

          I'm no good at missions. Teufel sighed and stretched her arms.

          Just a few hours ago, Nathan, Daemon and herself had returned from a mission. Daemon had been close to death, and Nathan had been immobile. Tefuel had to drag them both into her portals and back into their base. Daemon was currently healing and Nathan was resting.

          She had been no help at all, just a spare in case the mission went wrong. It had gone perfectly planned.

          She sighed. She'd watched Daemon get pummeled and suffer, and she couldn't have done anything. And then Nathan had to seal Leo, the warrior that Daemon had been fighting, which had resulted in Nathan's immobility.

          Teufel did a few spins with her scythe, and quietly took in the details.

          Void-black with dark purple and magenta gradients and little purple glowing orbs embedded in the blade, her scythe reminded her how graceful she was. Only the most graceful fighters fought with a scythe or dagger. They could move easily and adapt to their environment without much trouble.

          Teufel didn't notice someone entering the room, until they tapped her on the shoulder. Teufel jumped and out of surprise and alarm, teleported a safe distance away from the newcomer, readying her scythe. Only when she realized it was Daemon did she lower her weapon, but it still didn't calm her.

          "What are you doing out of the infirmary?" She demanded, as Daemon slowly turned around to face her.

          Daemon smiled sheepishly. "I woke up. Pain prevents you from getting back to sleep, and I figured it would be a good idea to stretch my muscles so that they're not so tight. So far, they've been doing me good. The pain is pretty much gone." His smile faded when he caught Teufel's eye. "Uh...pardon my words?"

          Teufel shook her head. She lowered her stance and called her weapon away. Both of them walked over to a stand in the domed-case room. The ceiling was made up of clear windows rimmed with gold, and then surrounded by marble. The same went for the floors, and the walls were embellished in elaborate marble and gold. A truly magnificent place.

          Teufel jumped onto the marble ledge in the corner of the room and settled in while Daemon stood beside her, but didn't climb onto the ledge.

          "You know, you weren't useless back there." Daemon started.

          "How do you know? I didn't do a thing!" Tefuel looked outraged. She hadn't done a thing to help, and all she did was watch. Teufel felt like screaming.

          You are not a baby, Teufel, she reminded herself. She was dragged out of her thoughts when Daemon continued.

           "But you were there. We could have had someone else come to take your place in case anything had happened, but we chose you, because we know you're capable of fighting and backing up people. You're an amazing fighter. Remember, I'm always going to be the... you know, bait. No one else." Daemon said as he walked back and forth between two windows a few feet away from Teufel.

          Teufel watched him with wide eyes. "But..."

          Daemon laughed, saying "No buts. It's true. Out of all the warriors here, I have the wisdom, but I don't have the manpower to fight anyone. I only stand a chance against Derek because we used to know each other. Even you're stronger than me. In this war, the only way to win the war is to fight with strength. Wisdom, nowadays, doesn't do us much good."

          Teufel, who had listened to this lengthy speech with great attention, interrupted. "Daemon, out of all of us, you're the smartest! We need you to perform battle plans. You have experience!"

          Daemon shook his head and smiled as he tested out his swords and powers.

          Just then, Nathan walked in, looking disgruntled. "You're already up? Man. C'mon, we've got another mission. It came quite fast. One of Chaos's warriors is on the move. We're enabling a search and kill."

          Both Teufel and Daemon turned, rattled by the sudden appearance of Nathan.

          Teufel nodded, regaining her posture, and tried not to look surprised. In reality, she quite expected there would be a search and kill mission. After sealing the strongest warrior of the opposing side, of course they would want to get him back. Without Leo, the Dark Warriors had a huge disadvantage in the conflict.

         "Let's go." Teufel jumped off the ledge. "We'll catch him."

—————————————————————————————————

         Tefuel looked around at the landscape. Snowy and cool. She thought she saw something in the trees, but when she blinked, they were gone.

        Her alert senses rising, she scanned the area.

        Daemon gestured Nathan and Teufel over, and he discussed the plan.

        "It appears that Vlad is near. We'll take him on." Daemon snapped his fingers and a cube of light flashed into view. The trio watched as the cyber turned blood-red a second later. And glowed. "And if I'm correct, he's probably after us t—"

        Daemon narrowly avoided a glade thrown at him, Alerting Teufel into a defensive stance. Her scythe glowed with power.

        Beside her, Nathan shifted too and both of them readied themselves.

       Meanwhile, the attacker landed himself onto the frozen exterior of the lake, smiling like a maniac, for which he was. The glade appeared back into his hand.

       "Already trying to track me down? I'm quite surprised." Vlad rolled his neck.

         Teufel, her stance still in place, thought, he can't seriously be this calm. He's about to take on three warriors! The odds are against him! But Teufel knew in her heart that something was wrong.

         Then she looked behind her and stiffened, and Nathan did so too.

         Two or three Spawn of Evil had emerged from the trees behind them and were standing idly, but Teufel knew what they were capable of. Destroying villages after villages, the SOE could be very organized. She knew they could be trouble for those who didn't have any powers to defend themselves.

        Teufel's scythe unlocked as the Spawns neared. Then all hell broke loose.

        Teufel leapt into battle without a second thought, going for the Spawns. She knew Daemon was already taking care of Vlad.

        A quick swing with her scythe sent the Spawn backtracking to avoid her attack, and then charged at her with full speed. Teufel teleported just as the Spawn reached her, and she appeared once more and cut down Spawn.

       Teufel took a deep breath and glanced at Nathan, who had just taken down one too.

       Teufel felt the air rustle behind her and she dodged, narrowly missing knife-sharp claws. She twisted her torso to stab her scythe into the Spawn's body, killing it.

       Nathan appeared next to her gasping. "You good? He asked.

       Teufel nodded, and slid her gaze to Daemon. In horror.

       Daemon, injured, got thrown onto the icy lake. He got up slowly.

       It all happened in slow motion. Vlad's glade glowed with energy as it readied to pierce Daemon, and Daemon yelled, "Run!"

       Teufel reacted and grabbed Nathan by the arm, and the scene flashed away just as Vlad threw the glade.

—————————————————————————————————

Tefuel watched Nathan nervously, as she added logs to the fire. Nathan was looking somewhere into space without a trace of emotion. It was heartbreaking to see her partner suffer.

Teufel's mind drifted back to Daemon almost unwillingly. He was dead. Just a few hours ago he had narrowly escaped death, but now true death had arrived.

Teufel watched as Nathan nodded off due to exhaustion, and she decided to collect more logs for the fire. She walked slightly further into the woods to find better logs. As she picked up some dry looking wood, she heard a crunch.

Teufel turned around, dropping the wood and pulling out her scythe, slashing at the Spawn of Evil, and spun it in a full circle before bringing it down to pierce another one from head to toe, cutting it in half.

Teufel spun gracefully and smoothly, dodging the attacks from the Spawns. She leapt behind a tree and pulled a maneuver to bring down another Spawn.

More space. I need more area for myself so I can cover more ground. With my scythe, I can't move around as much.

Teufel slashed at the Spawns and backed off. She saw a clearing of trees out, not too far away. Teufel knew this was her chance.

She knew that she'd have a bigger chance of winning the fight if she had more space to fight. Teufel sheathed her scythe and ran for the clearing. Then she realized it wasn't a clearing. A cliff, it was, but it would do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 4.6K 31
Orphaned at a very early age, a young man goes through self-discovery as he uncovers his demonic past and faces a heavenly challenge. After discoveri...
78.5K 6.4K 146
Admin แ€†แ€ฎแ€€ แ€แ€ฝแ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€•แ€ผแ€ฏแ€แ€ปแ€€แ€บแ€™แ€›แ€žแ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€ซแ€˜แ€ฐแ€ธ free แ€แ€„แ€บแ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€กแ€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธ แ€แ€„แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€ซแ€ทแ€™แ€šแ€บ admin แ€แ€ฝแ€ฑ แ€œแ€ฌแ€•แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€›แ€„แ€บ แ€–แ€ปแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€ซแ€™แ€šแ€บแ‹ Start date -21โ€ข4โ€ข2024(Sunday) End date-
40.2K 3.5K 12
ุงู„ุฃุฏุนุฌ" ู‚ู€ุงุน ุงู„ุธู„ุงู… " ุชู†ู€ุชุธู€ูุฑูƒู… ู„ู€ูŠุงู„ู€ูŠ ู‚ุงุณูŠู‡ ูˆุนูŠู€ููˆู† ู„ุงุชู†ู€ู‘ุงู… ูˆุฃูŠู€ุงู… ุณูˆุฏุงูˆูŠู‡ ูู€ู’ูŠ ุฃุนู€ู…ุงู‚ ู‚ู€ู€ุงุน ุงู„ุถู„ุงู… ู‡ู€ูŠุง ูŠู€ุง ุฑููู€ุงู‚ ุงู†ู€ุชู€ู‘ุฒุนูˆ ุซู€ููˆุจ ุงู„ู†ุฌุงุฉ ู„...
37.3K 2.1K 20
โœฉโ™ฌ โ‚Šหš.๐ŸŽงโ‹†โ˜พโ‹†โบโ‚Šโœง โœฉโ™ฌ โ‚Šหš.๐ŸŽงโ‹†โ˜พโ‹†โบโ‚Šโœง โœฉ "Fight me, mismatched hair!" "Huh?! Who the hell are you calling mismatched, dumbass?!" "Shut up, Sumika and fight me...