a beautiful soul

By varbariz

Mia it's the typical queen B at Liberty High, hanging out with the jocks seemed pretty normal for her, but th... More

Disclaimer/playlist
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16-Better
17-Magic
18-Old me
19-Hard
20-You
21-Tragedy
22-about to go down
23-Is she home?
24-The talk
25-thank you Mia Jensen
Mia's second tape
26-still not over!
28-craving
29-break up?
30-Justin back
31-I'm sorry
32-clubhouse
33-Jeff Atkins
34-tapes are out
35-will you fix it?
37-try something new
38-drop It
39-can you hate me now?

36-the clubhouse

135 5 2
By varbariz

Don't leave me

Clay had always been, since the age of nine, the most important person to Mia, so when she came back home and was met with a no-speaking Clay towards her, her world shook. He was mad, she knew and Mia even gave him every right to be so. However he would never understand why she did what she did, he never had too.

"C, can we talk, On?" the boy in front of her just walked faster out of the kitchen area to the living room, still not speaking with his sister Clay grabbed his car keys and started to walk out of the house "Clay, just stop this. You are being a complete child" she shouted. The brunette stoped by the side of the car, slowly turning around to look at her.

"Look, I'm sorry I wasn't here, but I needed to leave" she tried to explain but Clay was making no effort in understanding her side.

"Whatever Mia, that's what you always do. I don't even know why I get surprised anymore" he said as he crossed his arms over his chest. Mia frowned at his comment, both understanding whre it was coming from.

"What are you talking about?" she asked, but the boy shruggered, not wanting to discuss that "You leave everytime things get messy and complicated"she even wanted to protest, she opened her mouths a couple of times to do so but no words came out "You leave when situation get hard, but that's not family does. We stand by each other's sides".

But could he blame her, when Mia can't even feel at home anymore, the past memories showing up in her mind to remind herself her true colors, her true blood line.

"You don't understand Clay, and thankfully that you don't, but don't come at me for the way I deal with family problems when my blood one were never picture perfect" the boy still couldn't look at her the same way, shaking his head at her words he said "I might not know what that feels, but I know you have to stop blaming others for the way you act" and before she could even say anything Clay left, getting into his car and driving away.

 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Who was Mia Jensen? Was she the girl that did something awful or the one that was horrified by the awful thing she did?

Who was the real Mia?

She asked herself, hazel eyes focused on the rear mirror, searching for the answer, but then a shine of another pair of eyes showed up behind her "Boo" she watched the burnette in the back of the car mouthing.

"You're gonna be late if you just keep on staying here and not actually leave to school" Hannah made a point, Mia rolled her eyes at the ghost of her collegue before turning to her"You are the one that should leave" she spoke, Hannah pretended to be offended by the  blonde.

"You know, you should be nicer to a dead girl, you kinda of own it to me" Mia's eyes widened at the burnette's words "Own it to you?" she repeated, making sure she heard it right "Yeah, after everything you did to me, while I was alive and in high school" Hannah clarified , a chuckel left Mia's lips not believing the other girl words.

"Oh you gotta be kidding me, Hannah you tried so hard to make people like you, there are just some friendships that are not meant to happen. Ours was one of them" the blond said arriving school parking lot.

With a final look at her Hannah commented "Then why do you keep seeing me?" but when Mia turned to see her, she was already gone.

Where was her head? It was obvious that none of it was real, Hannah wasn't there, much less giving her all that speech, they weren't real friends, were they?

But it didn't matter now what was going on in her head, the moment her feet landed on the school floor, in that hell, everything would come down to trying to avoid the looks and constant comments.With her school bag resting on her shoulder, Mia walked down the high school hallway. Head raised upwards, as if nothing could knock her down.

An arm rests above her shoulders, and for the quickest  second she even thought it was Monty's, but for a second, because the moment the breath became closer to her ear she realized it wasn't "Hey Mia" she hears him say, the instant urge to vomit comes up all over her "What do you want Bryce? I thought you were mad at me" she said, tying to slid away from him, but failed having him pressing them together "Come on Mia, you know I could never stay mad at you" she fake smiles at his words, making her more disguested then ever.

"And about that, just forget it. I was pissed and you were confused, mistakes happen" she stoped walking closer to the lockers, in hopes that Montgomery would be around and spot them "I was never confused Bryce, I know exactly what you did, and you will pay for it" the blond boy smacked her against the lockers letting the supressed anger take over him "We're not enemis Mia, but mind your fucking business" he thearthed, but Mia never backed away, she looked him in the eyes, the corner of her lips smirking "It became my fucking business when you raped my friends" the words coming out of her mouth before she could rethink them.

"Wow, wow, wow" Monty comes in between them "What is happening here?" Bryce's eyes wildened, knowing his best friend the way he did, he knew better than to land a finger on Mia. The girl on the other hand, besides holding her arm in pain, due to Bryce hard grip on her she kept on smikring at him.

"Nothing, we were just joking" Bryce said looking in between the two, however it was clear to Monty that was not the case, his eyes switched in between Bryce, with pure anger and dispite and Mia, with worry and concerned "That didn't look like a joke to me Bryce"he said steping closer to the boy. Putting his arms in the air, almost looking like he was redeeming  himself "It's all good Monty" he said, the burnette looked again in between the two "You better really hope it is man" he said "If I see you toucing Mia again man-" but he was cut of by Bryce that told him it wouldn't happen.

"What the fuck was that?" Monty asked, arm around her waist, the liberty high most flattered couple walked on the oposite direction than before "I don't know, he came with his stupid convo" she shaked her head, not wanting to talk any longer about that "Nevermind, you showed up and protected me, that's all it matters"she said, getting on her tip toes to kiss the boy in front of her.

"I will always be there for you. You and me always" he said pulling her close to him.

By the time of lunch, Mia had told her boyfriend Montgomery to go ahead and she would end up meeting him, but before she needed to put her things in the locker. She ended up spotting the three boys sitting at a table outside, Montgomery, Scoot and Bryce. It was  no wonder that today's episode would pass and disappear very quickly from the mind of her boyfriend Montgomery De La Cruz, which only made her wonder again that in a more complex situation who would he choose, she is his girlfriend? Mia Jensen, or he, Bryce Walker, the best friend who gives nightmares to everyone in Liberty High.

But pushing all those thoughts aside, Mia walks to the bench where the three of them are, she grabs her boyfriend Monty's muscular back, making him turn around with the sudden contact, a smile in both their faces. Mia. "Hi" she said in a low tone looking at him, the boy grabed her waist pushing her to sit in his lap "Hey gorgeous" he greets.

"Uh uh, are we interupting something?"Bryce joked at the sight of the two kissing, Mia steped away from the kiss, not wanting to make the other uncomfortable "Sorry" Mia started taking a look around, her eyes falling on the other girl there "Hey Chloe" Mia smiled at the cheerleader her wavy blond hair fallen perfectly over her back, giving a perfectly clear vision of her face.

"Hi Mia" she said grabbing her things "Me and Chloe were just making plans for her to come to Italy this summer, right babe?" Bryce announced looking back at his girlfriend that was turning to leave "Yeah, maybe. I have to ask my mom first. I'll catch up with you later" she said before leaving. Mia and Monty shared a look, knowing they were gonna talk about that later.

"Seriously? Who says 'maybe' to a free vacation?" Montgomery comments while chewing his food, Mia laughed lowly, hiding her face on the boys neck.

"Jesus, chew your fucking food" Bryce cursed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The end of the day came flying, Mia said her goodbeys to her friends, not including Zach nor Jess, they were nowhere to be seen today. She had cheer practice but that ended ealier due to not have one of the cheerleaders with them. However, Mia being the great cheer caption she was she stayed later to organize and clean the field. She also started to work on some new choreography for them to do in some approaching games.

She was just now getting back to her locker, getting her belongins that she left in there ealier that day, when a starnge message appears on the screen of her phone. The sound of the notification popping in got her attention, she quickly placed on the ground the purple water bottle to take a look at her phone. 

Brother C 

-Are you still at school?

She read, why would Clay ask her that, she wondered. Specially since they were on such bad terms. She answered right away, worried of why would he be texting her.

Mia

-Yeah, but I am about to leave

Not even a minute later a new message form Clay popped up, she closed her locker as she unlocked her phone with face ID.

Brother C

-I'm picking you up, give me five minutes.

To say that she was worried and confused was an understantement. Mia quickly grabbed all her stuff from the ground and walked outside of her high school. Most hallways pretty much all dark, being the only light the one from the moonlight that appeared from the top windows on the big walls. As soon as she walked down the last stair, Clay's car showed up, he lookd impacient like he had somewhere else to be.

"Clay what is going on?" she asked steping inside the car. Clay looked back at Mia nodding his head "I found the clubhouse" he said.

Mia couldn't belive what she just heard, how was that possible. She blinked once to many times looking at her brother, her mouth opened and closed a couple more before she swallowed dry "How? When?" she asked. 

Clay grabbed his phone and unlocked it, passing it then to her. Mia carefully read the messages coming from Justin, asking for help. It hurted her more than she wanted to admit, he asked for Clay's help and not hers. Had they lost their bond, their connection?

"We are getting him first" Clay spoke, driving as fast as he could to the bus station where Justin Foley was.

There he was, sat on the green metal bench, backpack on his back as he waited for CClay, only for Clay Mia reminded herself. So when the burnette brother stoped the car and rolled the window down Justin face was met with Mia's. She looked sad to see him in such a lost place, the difference between then was that Mia was always better at prettending to be fine, just like she was doing now.

"Thanks for coming" the dirty blond said, his eyes on Clay being he was the one he texted, then they fell on Mia, that looked at him like she couldn't reconize who he was anymore. Before Mia could even say some sarcastic or mean comment Clay spoke "I found the Clubhouse" immediatly Justin steped inside the vehicle, on the back seats.

Unknows to the three and others more, two liberty high studenst were in that exact moment burning Liberty high field with the word Rapist on the ground.

"Don't you guys get it, it has to be the Clubhouse" Clay says, after just telling the two about what he saw. Affirming the house right next to school to be the clubhouse.

"Right" Justin comments looking out the window, Mia looked back at the boy after noticing his low and tired voice "I mean, yeah, it can be." the blonde girl said, aggreding with his brother.

"Are you high?" Clay asked, looking for a moment to the back of the car, where Justin was. The boy in question immediately looked away from the window to look at the two "No, Jesus" he said annoyed.

"Look, we can't bring that shit home again" Mia kept on looking back at Justin, his undereyes marked with huge drk circles "I'm not. I'm just tired" Justin responded defensive.

"So, where were you this last 48 hours?" Mia asked, moving in her seat to get a better look at him"I saw my mom" the boy answered but never looked at Mia in the  eyes, he most time looked out the window "Your mom?" Clay repeated "I thought you didn't know where she moved" the burnette spoke.

"Well, turns out I lie sometimes" Mia unable to hold the chuckel and sigh in her throat let it escape "No surpise" she said in a low tone.

"So you went home?" Clay asked ignoring Mia's comment, if they had something to discuss they were gonna have to do it in private just the two of them"No, I saw my mom" his answer made Mia fall in a silence thinking about his words. 

"She gave some cash" Justin started, opening the backpack to grab the money, he moved to the middle seat of the back of the car "Here, it's for both of you. Consider it rent" he said, this time looking at Mia with the money in his hands. He pushed it towards her but she shaked her head not accepting the money "Till I find something permanent".

"Keep it J. We don't pay rent anyway so" she joked, trying her best to crack a smile for Justin, which was succedes but only a smile one.

"If you had all that money, why would you call me?" Thanksully that Clay asked that question because Mia was dying to know the answer, and why Clay. Not that she had anything against the bond the two boys created, in reality she loved it but why didn't he call her.

"You said you needed me" Mia looked back at her brother Clay, he looked straight foward the road, looking at the back Justin looked once again out the window "I'm just- I'm done doing fucked up things".

"Yeah" Mia started "Me too" she said, pressing her head against the window. Clay looked at the two for a moment only taking the eyes of the road then "I might need you two to do one or two more fucked up things

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The truth is that having him at home again made the house the Jensen family lived in a home, a dream was always to have him around as close as she could, and this was the only way for that to happen. Upon entering the room whose walls are gray, the details of the most minimalist small things are light purples and golds, right in the center of the room she was already sitting there on the bed. There was no escaping her, Hannah preyed on Mia, she was there at all times. She was there at all times, she repeated that thought. Hannah was always there to help Mia, but the blonde cheerleader was the complete opposite when the brunette really needed help, she left her alone.

"He came back" The burnette spoke lowly, Mia noded herhead walking closer to the bed after closing the door behind her "Eventually, you have to stop running, I guess" once again Mia noded her head, sitting besides the burnette.

She bites her lower lip, part of her swollen lip is already visible from so many bites. She doesn't know exactly what to say, where to start. It would be a flat apology now, after the wrong done to apologize, Mia should be ashamed of herself and her poor actions.

"You have always been there for me" she started looking at the ground, too ashamned to look up "And I was bart, that cared more about popularity than a friend." she didn't know how far her speech was gonna last or even where she was going with it "And I know you said you forgive me, but I don't forgive myself Hannah. Justin is my other broken half, without him I don't know me, I won't fail on him like I did with you" Hannah tryed to step in and say something but Mia's speech wasn't over.

"And I'm really lost, I don't know half of the time what I am doing or why I am doing those things. It's like I don't controll my body and thoughts anymore, and that really scares me, that's why I need you to help me one more time. I need you to guide me, till we make things right, till we make justice."

When the tear finaly feel a hand grabed her chin, pushing her head high. Hannah smiled seeing now how broken Mia actually was, the person she pretended to be so untouchable was actually scared of her own self.

But when the pretty blonde opened her eyes, hoping that when she opened them everything would be a big nightmare and she could finally wake up from all that, blue eyes wiped the tears that fell on her rosy cheeks.A weak smile is present on his lips, Justin maintains physical contact with Mia, as he knows how much he means to her. As soon as she sees him there, she doesn't waste another second in opening her arms and hugging him tightly, they both need that hug. A simple contact that for many was nothing more than a hug, something completely normal and dispensable for many, for Mia and Justin it was a moment that complemented them, overshadowing everything around them to feel each other's pain, like no one else understood.

"I'm so glad you are back" she whispered "Please don't ever leave us, leave me" he too let a tear fall, shaking his head promising her he wouldn't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 86.9K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
34.6K 612 78
Cora Cameron, cousin of Sarah Cameron. Sarah and Cora have been close since birth. However, Sarah loved the kook life And Cora hated it, but she sti...
25.5K 986 17
Нацу Драгнил и Лисанна Штраус очень любят друг друга. Но однажды такси, в которой ехала девушка, попадает в аварию и Лисанна погибает. Парень во всем...