(1) Memento Mori (D.Salvatore)

Bởi Danitherealestbebe

After a car accident takes the lives of his parents, Artemis has to face the consequences of being Elena's yo... Xem Thêm

Artemis Gilbert
Prologue

Powers, Abilities, Belongings and Weaknesses

136 9 1
Bởi Danitherealestbebe

Powers

Note: When using his telepathic abilities, Artemis' irises glow a dark magenta color. When using his telekinetic abilities, his irises glow a bright magenta color. His powers are reliant on movement and focus, which means his opponents can stop him from using his powers by disrupting his concentration or restricting his movement.

Enhanced Strength: As a doppelganger-psychic hybrid, whilst not as strong as vampires, Artemis is noticeably much stronger than supernatural hunters, immortals and humans. Artemis can toss an average-sized, fully grown human across a room with some effort. His other feats include single-handedly lifting grown men high off the ground by the throat and snapping their necks, cutting off a person's head with his bare hands, and ripping out internal organs such as hearts with some effort. His strength is also slightly more powerful than werewolves and evolved werewolves in human form.

Enhanced Durability: As a doppelganger-psychic hybrid, Artemis can take a greater amount of physical damage than a normal human. Even after being shot with multiple bullets, Artemis has been seen to continue fighting, as long as he is not shot in the heart, or the head.

Accelerated Healing Factor: As a doppelganger-psychic hybrid, Artemis possesses the ability to recover tissue from any form of physical damage to his body in a matter of minutes, but still feel the pain of a wound before it heals. Artemis can snap his bones back into place after being broken and has been seen to fully recover from gunshots and stab wounds.

Psychic Visions: His visions show him events of the past or events in the near future, usually of a violent nature. Artemis describes them as feeling like electroshock therapy without the satisfying afterburn. His visions trigger spontaneously at random and only seem to occur when he physically touches an object or person. 

ESP (Sixth Sense): Artemis possesses an extrasensory ability similiar to spider-man's sense. His brain intakes and responds to stimuli at an accelerated rate, acting as a precognitive ability to sense potential and immediate danger, a kind of 'sixth sense'. This awareness thus implies some kind of intelligence. capable of parsing Artemis' surroundings, identifying and critically evaluating a threat at a subconscious level, thus alerting Artemis of dangers he cannot readily notice.

Telepathy: Artemis can read minds, communicate telepathically, and experience memories and thoughts of others. He can also sense the minds and emotions of others of those around him. Artemis can scan people's brain to find any information he needs, including memories. He can also telepathically communicate with others (namely Damon, Bonnie, Elena and Stefan) and even influence non-sentiments, such as animals.

- Telepathic Resistance: Artemis can resist the effects of compulsion and any other form of mental invasion and according to Bonnie, his mind has one of the strongest natural shields she has ever seen.

- Telepathic Links: Artemis has the ability to develop a mental link with any person which remains a connection to that individual.

- Telepathic Illusions: Artemis has the ability to project powerful realistic mental and sensory illusions through telepathic means, able to simulate invisibility for himself and other people, as well as being able to appear as a completely different person to multiple people.

- Telepathic Blasts: Artemis can produce blasts of psionic force which can induce pain or knock out a person. Stefan suffered great mental pain from his psionic blast, whereas Bonnie only showed some level of pain or discomfort when trying to enter Artemis' mind.

- Mental Detection: Artemis has the ability to sense where nearby individuals are.

- Mind Control: Artemis has the ability to manipulate the minds of others to get them to do what he wants them to do. He can control multiple people's minds at the same time. He does not like using this ability to make people do what he wants them to do all the time. 

- Artemis' mind control distort the victim's iris coloration, causing them to shine a dark pinkish color. His mind control also allows him to control other people's actions.

- Dream Manipulation: Artemis can use his telepathy to enter and control dreams and the subconscious. He can produce and modify dreams, bestow nightmares or lucid dreaming. Other effects of this ability is the distortion of reality and trapping people in their dreams.

Memory Manipulation: Artemis has displayed the ability to peruse into the deepest depths of another's mind and manipulate the memories of other individuals. He once threatened Stefan by telling him that he could make him believe he was a six-year-old girl. He can also erase, restore, or even implant false memories into a person's mind.

- Amnesia Inducement: Artemis has the ability to cause loss of particular memories and amnesia in another person of group of people.

Pathokinesis: Artemis possesses the ability to sense the emotions of others and alter them according to his will. With it, Artemis can resolve a tense situation peacefully or, make people coexist more easily. Artemis can also enlighten someone's mood; he describes it as a subtle ability, and is very useful in resolving conflicts. Artemis can also manipulate the level of intensity that people feel emotions, as shown when he calmed Jeremy so much that he fell asleep. He can also sense hostility and use it to his advantage.

- Sleep Inducement: Artemis has the ability to induce sleep or feelings of tiredness in individuals, aiding in calming or subduing them.

Telekinesis: Artemis has the ability to levitate, move and otherwise manipulate objects with the power of his mind, ranging from doors to people, and even cars. Sheila once stated that Artemis' powers have no limits. In a fit of rage and frustration, Artemis inadvertently blasted air and dirt away from himself while screaming. He can sustain multiple telekinetic feats at once.

- Telekinetic Push/Pull: Artemis can use his telekinesis to pull objects towards him or to push objects away from him, such as yanking a book off of a shelf or sliding a cup across a table.

- Telekinetic Maneuver: Artemis can use his telekinesis to alter an object's directional course, e.g. changing what number a dice lands on or deflect an opponent attack.

- Object Manipulation: Artemis can use his telekinesis to alter an object's inner workings, notably unlocking a window or a door.

- Telekinetic Compression: Artemis can use his telekinesis to crush beer and soda cans after use.

- Telekinetic Immobilization: Artemis can use his telekinesis to keep objects and beings from moving. However, this application seems to be based solely on concentration and force, as it is possible for Artemis to not be able to hold his victims for very long.

- Telekinetic Healing: Artemis has displayed great degrees of precision with his telekinesis, such as when he used it to heal telekinetically repairing a body on a molecular level.

Mana Manipulation: Artemis can project energy blasts, streams, waves and bolts of his own mana force, allowing him to strike, push, pull or blow away his targets, potentially exerting enough force to destroy them. Mana manifests in any shape or form, outlining his telekinetic spheres of influence, as the energy is visible in a magenta/pinkish color. 

When his energy hits a target, Artemis can use his telekinesis to inflict further damage. Significant emotional turmoil can both amplify his powers and cause Artemis to lose control over them. Theses blasts are powerful enough to send an adult humanoid several feet into a nearby wall with a single projectile. Artemis can also enhance his punches by igniting his hands with mana.

- Mana Constructs: Artemis has the ability to create mana constructs, such as crushing weights, blades, tendrils, throwing discs, and whips as offensive attacks; bolases, arms and lassoes to grab or throw people or objects; chains to tether himself to others; cuffs, tapes, shackles, walls, and cages to restrain others; and cushions, slides, stepping stones, ramps, and platforms as forms of transport or to allow a safe fall. However, there is a limit to what types of constructs he is capable of creating.

- Mana Shields: Artemis can generate shields or barriers of mana to block, contain and impede targets. He can also project such fields as a means of offense, releasing them as waves of concussive force able to damage solid concrete. He is able to create multiple fields for individual people, all the while inacting various other feats at the same time.

- Siphoning: Artemis has the ability to absorb mana and magic in many forms, from any source, such as other living and magical things/beings around him.

Astral Projection: Artemis has the ability to project his consciousness out his body and into the Astral dimension, where a psychic's powers are able to affect the real world.

Bioluminescence: Sometimes, depending on the lighting, Artemis' skin can emit an aura of iridescent pink light. It can be explain as a sheen of light that covers his body.

Abilities

Master Marksman: Artemis became skilled in and blasting his bolts of mana in combat and is able to aim at lethal spots, such as the heart and head, demonstrating great aiming capabilities.

High-Level Intelligence: Artemis will possess extensive knowledge of supernatural mythology.

Culinary Arts: Artemis is an excellent, skilled culinary artist, taught by Miranda how to handle kitchen utensils and make complicated meals.

Belongings

Chloe: Chloe is Artemis' pet ginger cat. Chloe was given to Artemis by Miranda, when he was thirteen to keep him company, after he had broken his leg.

Weaknesses

Distractions: Preventing Artemis from concentrating or giving full attention to his powers, may render them ineffective, or may result in an unwanted effect.

Restraints: Restraining Artemis' hands will mean that he cannot focus his psychic abilities.

Instability: When scared, confused or angered, his telekinesis destroys things around him in a random pattern.

Emotional State: According to Artemis, one of the cardinal rules of his powers is that disposition affects execution; this implies that using his powers correctly demands a certain frame of mind.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

2.5K 123 4
August Addam's body lies in a comatose state in Damon Salvatore's bed. The vampire watches over him and takes care of his body. Damon has to hang on...
17.4M 545K 37
"It's like he's a different breed of werewolf. Something... beyond us." • • • Adrienne Gage has spent her entire life being shunned and punished for...
603K 9.4K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
181K 8.2K 79
Stiles lost his parents young, luckily for him he was able to join his aunt, uncle and cousins and become part of a new family. Sadly, nothing in Sti...