The Demon Summoner | Persona...

Por NessWasHere

Starts in Persona 3, will be going all the way to Persona 5. Set in a slight alternate dimension of Persona w... Más

BEFORE WE BEGIN (Important)
PROLOGUE | PERSONA 3
KUZUNOHA | PERSONA 3 | PART 1
THE PARTY (As of June 08, Monday, 2009)
Entrance to the Whispering Woods & The First Choice | PERSONA 3 | PART 3
THE RAGING DRAGON UNION | PERSONA 3 | PART 4
The Playful Fairy | PERSONA 3 | PART 5

Vs. Doppelgänger | PERSONA 3 | PART 2

442 20 10
Por NessWasHere

(Don't click the video until the right moment c:<)

I navigated the familiar terrain of the Fairy World, my senses keen and alert to any signs of danger.

The gun feels comfortable in my hand. I pull the slide back and chamber a round, already prepared for any danger.

As I approached the frozen waterfall, I caught sight of Jack Frost, his round eyes twinkling mischievously as he regarded me with surprise. "Well, well, well, if it isn't the he-human who came back for more punishment, ho!" he exclaimed, his voice tinged with amusement.

With my weapon at the ready and Pyro Jack's summoning COMP within easy reach, I squared my shoulders and met Jack Frost's gaze head-on.

"I'm not here to play games," I replied, my voice steady despite the nerves that gnawed at my insides. "I'm here for Fuuka. Tell me where she is, and maybe I'll consider letting you live."

Jack Frost's laughter rang out through the forest, echoing off the icy walls of the waterfall. "Oh, you HEE-HEE-humans and your threats. ho!" he chortled, his expression gleeful. "You think you can intimidate me? I've been around he-ho much longer than you, ho! Besides, I already told you last time you were here, jack-ass! ...I MEAN, HO!" Jack Frost exclaimed, his voice laced with irritation. "You hee-mans never listen, always charging in here like you own the place, ho! Well,  I'll hee show-ho you who's boss! WHAT PART OF THE ENCHANTED GROVE DO YOU NOT UNDER-HEE-STAND?!"

"Nice try, snowflake," I retorted, my voice dripping with sarcasm as I took aim with my gun. "But I'm not here to play games. Tell me where Fuuka is, or things are going to get a lot colder for you."

Jack Frost started laughing again which echoed through the frosty air.

I wasted no time in taking action. With steady hands, I raised my gun and aimed carefully at the mischievous creature before me. In rapid succession, I squeezed the trigger five times, each shot ringing out like thunder in the silent forest.

Jack Frost's laughter abruptly cut off as the bullets struck him, causing him to stagger backward with a cry of pain. He clutched at his chest, his round wide with shock as he realized the gravity of the situation.

"Hee-ho! Stop, stop!" he pleaded, his voice trembling with fear and disbelief. "I surrender, hee-ho! Please, have mercy! A weird human-looking demon is being held captive at the Enchanted Grove by Mister Loki, AS I SAID! Why the heck do human tools hurt so much?! Ahhh, this hee-hurts, ho!"

"Alright, Jack Frost, you're coming with me," I declared, my voice firm as I locked eyes with the demon. "But I need your cooperation. Will you join me?"

Jack Frost's eyes widened in disbelief, his expression changing between shock and amusement. "Hee-ho, THE FUCK? You want me to join you after shooting me-he-ho five times? You humans are bizarre!" he exclaimed, his voice a mixture of incredulity and resignation. "But hey, I'm a fair guy. I'll join you if you give me a Life Bead."

I paused, taken aback by his request. "A Life Bead? What the hell is that?" I muttered, my confusion evident.

"Hee-ho! It's almost like this is your first time in the Expanse or something!" Jack Frost chuckled,  "A Life Bead is an item that restores HP to a single ally. Trust me, it'll come in he-handy when you least expect it, ho! I'll need it!"

"I hate to break it to you, Jack Frost, but I don't have any Life Beads," I admitted, "In fact, I don't have any items at all."

Jack Frost's expression shifted from amusement to mild annoyance, his round eyes narrowing in disappointment. "Hee-hee! Well, isn't that just peachy, ho?" he remarked sarcastically, his tone dripping with sarcasm. "Jeez, you humans are more useless than I thought!"

I gritted my teeth, determined not to let his taunts get to me. "Look, I may not have any Life Beads, but I can offer you something else," I offered, trying to salvage the negotiation. "How about this: I'll help you out whenever you need it. You scratch my back, I scratch yours. Deal?"

Jack Frost considered my offer for a moment, his expression thoughtful as he weighed his options. "Hee-ho! Alright, I suppose that'll have to do," he conceded begrudgingly, his tone still tinged with irritation. "But don't think I won't hold you to your word, human!"

I quickly accessed my COMP, navigating to the registration interface. With practiced efficiency, I entered Jack Frost's name and details, ensuring that he was properly registered as one of my summoned demons.

"Alright, Jack Frost, you're officially on the team," I announced, "Let's make this partnership count."

With a swift motion, I summoned Pyro Jack, the demon appearing before me in a burst of flames. As he materialized, he glanced around the area, his gaze settling on Jack Frost with a hint of recognition.

"Well, well, if it isn't the little snowflake himself," Pyro Jack remarked with a smirk, "I never thought I'd see you in this neck of the woods. Sike just kidding, this is the Fairy World, of course you'd be here. Just got recruited by the he-human, huh, ho? Small world, eh?"

Jack Frost, still nursing his wounds from our previous encounter, nodded weakly. "Hee-hee, yeah... Small world indeed, ho," he replied, his voice tinged with a mixture of pain and amusement. "The human... he-he-ho shot me, five times, ho..."

Pyro Jack's eyes widened in surprise. "Whoa, you took five bullets and you're still standing? Impressive!" he exclaimed, glowing with admiration, he turns towards me. "Looks like you didn't shoot your foot, kid, nice! And you recruited a demon too... they grow up so fast!"

[Pyro Jack casts Diarama.]

Moderately restores 1 ally's HP.

The gunshot wounds slowly mend themselves.

"There you go, all patched up!" Pyro Jack declared proudly, "Now you owe me one, buddy!"

I turned my attention to Jack Frost, "Alright, Frosty, you're patched up now," I said, my voice firm and resolute. "Now, where's that fake Natsuki or Doppelgänger or whatever the hell she is? We've got unfinished business."

Jack Frost scratched his icy head, contemplating for a moment before responding. "Hmm, well, she's probably sleeping," he replied, his voice filled with a mischievous twinkle. "Mindless pummeling can get really tiring, you know? Give he-her-ho a couple of hours, and she'll be up and about, ready to cause more trouble, ho, ho, ho!"

I furrowed my brow, "Why wait for her to wake up? Why not just jump her while she's asleep?" I suggested, my tone laced with a hint of impatience.

Jack Frost's round  eyes widened in surprise at my suggestion. "That's monstrous!" he exclaimed, his voice tinged with disbelief. "But, uh, sure. I guess we could do that."

Peering around a dense cluster of trees, Jack Frost pointed towards a secluded grove where the Doppelgänger lay sleeping. She no longer resembled Natsuki Moriyama, her features twisted and contorted into a grotesque parody of humanity.

"Since you're new to combat, I'm going to explain how to properly engage them, it's the least I can do for a new friend, ho! Hee-ho! The idea is to gain the upper hand by catching 'em off guard!" Jack Frost exclaimed, his tiny arms gesturing emphatically. "If you strike first, you're more likely to land a critical hit or even knock 'em out before they can even make a move! It's all about seizing the initiative and keeping your enemies on their hee-toes, ho!"

But before Jack Frost could finish his explanation, I acted on instinct, drawing my P226 and unleashing a barrage of bullets into the unsuspecting Doppelgänger. The sudden eruption of gunfire shattered the quiet serenity of the forest, startling Jack Frost into stunned silence.

"THE HE-HO HELL YOU GOING AROUND SHOOTING RANDOMLY FOR?!" exclaimed Jack Frost.

"Why the hell would I give the Doppelgänger a chance to react?" I grunted, my voice edged with frustration as I turned to face Jack Frost.

The Doppelgänger, now shunned awake by the bullets, groaned in pain, her form writhing as she struggled to regain her bearings.

Jack Frost blinked, momentarily taken aback by my audacity. "Hee-hee! I suppose you've got a point there, ho," he conceded, his voice tinged with a mixture of surprise and admiration. "But uh, maybe next time, give ol' Jack Frost a chance to finish explaining before you go off he-half-cocked, hee-ho!"

The Doppelgänger groaned in pain as she struggled to push herself up, her voice laced with indignation. "Did you just shoot me while I was sleeping?! That's so rude!"

I narrowed my eyes, my grip tightening on my weapon as I met her gaze head-on. "I missed the part where that's my problem," I retorted.

Pyro Jack interjected, "Hey, kid, just a heads up, some demons can be resistant to physical attacks, like bullets. And with some of 'em, shooting 'em can be like tickling 'em with a feather. They might be immune, or even reflect the bullets back at you."

I nodded, acknowledging his warning. "This one doesn't seem to be immune," I remarked, glancing at the wounded Doppelgänger.

"No shit!" she snapped, wincing from the pain of her injuries.

"Ain't you a tough customer..." mutters Pyro Jack.

[Doppelgänger Casts: Mazionga]

deals medium Electricity damage to all enemies.

Before I could respond, the Doppelgänger unleashed a powerful electric spell, striking us with a surge of electrical energy. The shock reverberated through my body, causing me to stagger backward as sparks danced across my skin. Pyro Jack and Jack Frost were similarly affected, their forms flickering momentarily from the impact of the spell.

The Doppelgänger charged towards me, her blade gleaming with malevolent intent, I braced myself for the impending attack. With a swift and precise motion, she swung her sword, slicing through the air with deadly accuracy. I managed to dodge the initial strike, but the blade still grazed my side, leaving a shallow cut.

Gritting my teeth against the pain, I countered her next blow with my combat knife, intercepting her sword mid-swing with a deft parry. The clash of metal rang out in the air as our weapons collided, the force of the impact sending vibrations reverberating through my arm.

Pyro Jack nodded approvingly at my actions. "Not bad at all, kid. You move with experience," he remarked, "Normally, this would be the part where I'd explain the importance of targeting your opponent's weaknesses to gain the upper hand. But considering you seem to be a bit trigger-happy," he added with a wry grin, "we'll focus on exploiting critical hits and weaknesses instead. It's all about seizing the opportunity when your enemy lets their guard down. But in all honesty, I don't think this Doppelgänger fart-smella has any direct elemental weaknesses, but that's fine they don't seem to like the American 2nd amendment. Also gun attacks and regular physical attacks are two different things, okay!? One uses gunpowder the other doesn't so just keep that in midn!"

The Doppelgänger, however, was less than pleased with Pyro Jack's explanation. "Hey, I'm not some test dummy for you to experiment on!" she protested, her voice dripping with disdain. "I'm stronger than you think, and I won't go down without a fight!"

Pyro Jack's fiery gaze hardened as he silenced her with a stern glare. "Silence, you," he commanded, his tone leaving no room for argument.

[Pyro Jack casts: Tarunda]

decreases the physical attack power of all enemies

Pyro Jack focused his fiery energy, weakening the Doppelgänger's physical strength and reducing the potency of her attacks. With her strength diminished, she staggered slightly, her movements slowing as the effects of the spell took hold.

[Jack Frost casts unique skill: Jack Bufula]

medium Ice damage to a single target, and lowers their defense by 1 rank for 3 turns

The icy blast struck her squarely, causing frost to form on her skin and chilling her to the core. Additionally, the attack lowered her defense, leaving her more vulnerable to subsequent assaults.

"You see, human," Pyro Jack began, "since that Doppelgänger doesn't seem to have any elemental weaknesses, we have to turn the tide using debuffs! That's what we did just now with Tarunda and that Bufula Frosty can only do. Remember this lesson well when utilizing demons in the future! Nothing is stronger than buffing and debuffing in battle! It's perhaps the strongest strategy a Summoner and Demon can employ, rookie! So keep it in mind if you want to survive in the Expanse!"

I took a deep breath to steady myself. Gripping my weapon tightly, I focused on the Doppelgänger before me, determination burning in my eyes.

"Time to show what I'm made of," I muttered under my breath.

[ (Name) uses physical skill: Triple Down] 

Light pierce (gun) damage to one enemy (3 hits)

I focus my energy and channel it into the gun in my hand. Then, with a resolute determination, I pull the trigger, unleashing a barrage of bullets in rapid succession.

The bullets fly through the air with deadly precision, striking the Doppelgänger with pinpoint accuracy. Each shot hits its mark, sending her reeling backward with each impact.

The Doppelgänger proves to be more resilient than anticipated. Despite the onslaught of attacks, she refuses to stay down.

"Woah, you can already use physical skills. You must've fought a lot, despite being such a squirt!" Pyro Jack exclaims, genuine surprise coloring his words.

[The Doppelgänger casts: Fog Breath]

Decreases agility by two levels. (All Foes)

Despite the praise, there's no time to bask in the momentary victory. A dense mist obscures our vision and making it difficult to discern her movements. A heavy weight settling over my limbs as if dragging me down..! My movements become sluggish, each step feeling like wading through molasses as I struggle to maintain my footing.

The Doppelgänger's sword slashes through the air with terrifying speed, aimed directly at me. In a desperate attempt to evade the attack, I muster what little strength I have left, trying to sidestep the blow.

But despite my best efforts, it's as if my body refuses to respond properly. My movements are sluggish.

The blade connects with my side, slicing through flesh and bone with a sickening crunch.

I grit my teeth against the torment, cursing my own weakness as I stumble backward, blood staining the ground beneath me.

As I clutch my wounded side, I can't help but feel a sense of frustration and helplessness wash over me. I knew I should have been able to dodge that attack, but in my current state, it feels like an impossible feat.

"Hey, kid, don't let it get to you!" Pyro Jack's voice breaks through the haze of pain and frustration, his fiery form glowing brightly beside me. "This kind of stuff happens all the time in battles against demons. You can't afford to lose your confidence now!"

"Right!" I reply with determination, though the pain in my side suggests otherwise.

"Alright, kid, here's the plan," Pyro Jack declares, "I'll focus on getting your agility back up so you can move like the wind again. Meanwhile, Jack Frost will concentrate on lowering that Doppelgänger's defenses. We'll outnumber her three to one, so let's make it count!"

With a swift motion, Pyro Jack hands me a life bead, urging me to drink it. "This should heal up that nasty wound," he adds.

[Name uses item: Life Bead]

I feel the wound on my body miraculously begin to close. It's like some sort of divine intervention, replenishing my strength and resolve in an instant.

Before I can even turn my head to thank Pyro Jack, his urgent voice cuts through the air, snapping me back to attention. "Don't take your eyes off the enemy, kid," he warns, his tone firm and commanding. "This Doppelgänger's a tough cookie, not someone you typically face in your first battle. But we've got no choice. Tamaki couldn't have prepared you for a higher-tier fight like this. Taking your eyes off an enemy like this is bad business, kid," 

His voice is seasoned with the knowledge gained from countless battles. 

"They could launch a projectile your way or strike the moment you lower your guard even a little bit. In a fight like this, focus is everything."

His demeanor exudes confidence and familiarity with combat, hinting at a wealth of experience accumulated over time. It's clear that Pyro Jack (at least this one) is not just any ordinary demon; he's a seasoned fighter.

"This isn't some game, kid," he asserts, his tone grave and earnest. "When you're in the Expanse, you're fighting for your life. Every move you make, every decision you take, could mean the difference between survival and death. You're on the right track, (Name), keep fighting like you mean to kill."

[Pyro Jack casts : Masukukaja]

Increases agility by one level. (All Allies)

As Pyro Jack channels his magic, a surge of energy courses through me, invigorating my weary limbs and sharpening my senses. It's as if a weight has been lifted from my shoulders, and I feel a renewed sense of vitality coursing through my veins. I can feel the speed returning to my movements, my reactions becoming sharper and more precise with each passing moment.

But I still don't feel as fast as normal. 

I can sense the effects of the spell taking hold, not just on myself, but on Pyro Jack and Jack Frost as well.

[Jack Frost casts unique skill: Jack Bufula]

medium Ice damage to a single target, and lowers their defense by 1 rank for 3 turns

Each frosty blast chips away at the Doppelgänger's defenses, further weakening her resolve and leaving her vulnerable to our attacks.

"Traitor!" she hisses, her voice dripping with venom as she lunges towards him with her blade raised.

Jack Frost recoils in surprise, his round eyes widening with alarm. "Hee, to the, ho! What the he-hell do you want from me, ho?" he exclaims, frantically dodging her attacks. "I'm just a frosty little demon here, recruited by a Dee-hee-mon Summoner with a gun, ho! I can't de-he-al with this shit, ho!"

[Doppelgänger casts: Power Charge]

User's next physical attack power more than doubles.

With a menacing grin, the Doppelgänger channels her energy, the air crackles with dark energy as she readies herself for the impending strike.

The Doppelgänger's blade slashes through the air with a vicious swiftness, aimed directly at Jack Frost. The attack catches him off guard, the enhanced power behind it sending him hurtling backward with a pained yelp.

Jack Frost tumbles to the ground, "Hee-ho! That... that real-hee stings!" he exclaims, struggling to rise to his feet as he nurses his wounds.

"If we keep this up, we're all gonna end up as minced meat!" Pyro Jack exclaims, urgency coloring his voice. "Sure, the Kuzunoha agency offers dental and health benefits, but that's not worth squat when you're dead!" 

[Pyro Jack casts : Masukukaja]

Increases agility by one level. (All Allies)

As the magical energy envelops us, I sense a surge of agility returning, like a weight being lifted from my limbs. I don't feel as sluggish.

At this rate, the Doppelgänger will just keep slowing down our movements and attacking, unless we can slow them down or trick them, we won't be able to land a solid hit. 

...I need a plan.

...

I recall I was able to spit my blood into her eyes to disorientate her, as proven in our last encounter. She can be blinded.

Okay, I think I got it.

I lean close to both Pyro Jack and Jack Frost. I whisper my plan to Jack Frost and Pyro Jack, keeping the details hidden from the Doppelgänger.

"Alright, listen up," I murmur, my voice barely audible. "I'm going to engage directly with the Doppelgänger. Follow my lead, and when the moment is right, unleash your spells. Trust me on this."

I whisper something else to them.

Jack Frost nods eagerly,  "Hee-ho! I'm ready to give it a shot!" he exclaims, his voice tinged with excitement.

Pyro Jack, however, seems more reserved, his gaze fixed on mine as he considers the plan. "Interesting," he muses thoughtfully. " it's not what I would've thought of doing, but hell it might just work. Okay, squirt, let's give it a try."

I can't help but raise an eyebrow at Pyro Jack's lack of his signature "hee-ho." "Why aren't you saying 'hee-ho' anymore?" I inquire, curiosity piqued.

"REALLY? NOW?! Well, kid, that was mostly for introductions and for the fun of it," he explains with a grin. "Unlike Snowflake here though. But after spending a couple of years in the human world, I've adapted a bit, I'm not like other Pyro Jack's! Still, doesn't change the fact that it's cold as hell there!"

[Jack Frost casts: Tarukaja on (Name)]

Increases physical attack power by one level. (One Ally)

I feel a surge of power coursing through my veins. I slowly approach the Doppelgänger, my grip tightens on the gun in one hand and the combat knife in the other.

"Oh? You're approaching me?" the Doppelgänger remarks, her tone dripping with mockery.

"Naturally," I retort, my voice steady despite the adrenaline coursing through my veins. "I need to conserve ammo when I talk to this Loki douchebag."

The Doppelgänger's lips curl into a sinister smile as she responds, "Demons are destined to rule the human world. Armageddon will always come."

I furrow my brow in confusion, uncertain of the true meaning behind her words. "I don't know what the hell you're talking about," I reply sharply, my gaze locked with hers as I prepare for the inevitable clash, "but uh, screw you."

"You're right, you're just a human. What the hell can you do?" she sneers, her voice laced with arrogance.

With a smirk playing on my lips, I retort confidently, "Kill you."

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkYWCnCCJL8 Play this now) 

I lunged forward, aiming a swift strike with my combat knife, but she deftly sidestepped, avoiding the blow with ease. Her sword flashed in the dim light, and before I could react, she countered with a swift slash of her own. The blade grazed my arm, leaving a shallow gash in its wake.

Her movements were fluid and precise, each strike calculated with lethal intent. Despite my efforts to keep up, she effortlessly outmaneuvered me at every turn.

Gritting my teeth against the pain, I pressed on, determined not to let her gain the upper hand. I analyzed her movements, noting the speed and precision with which she wielded her weapon. She moved with the grace of a seasoned warrior, her every motion calculated and deliberate.

She possessed an uncanny ability to anticipate my attacks. Each strike I made seemed to be met with an equal and opposite force, as if she could predict my every move before I even made it.

Frustration bubbled within me as I struggled to find a way past her defenses. Every attempt to land a blow was met with resistance, her sword deflecting my strikes with ease. It was as if I was fighting against a shadow, elusive and ever-shifting, always just out of reach.

As I launched into another series of strikes, I managed to land a solid blow against the Doppelgänger's skin. However, to my shock and dismay, the force of my attack rebounded with unexpected intensity, as if I had struck a solid wall of steel.

The impact reverberated through my body, sending a jolt of pain shooting through my arm.

Grimacing against the pain, I quickly reassessed the situation, realizing that the Doppelgänger possessed the ability to reflect physical attacks back at their source.

 It was a formidable defense, one that rendered my usual tactics of run up, and kick people, useless against her.

I couldn't help but be impressed by her skill with the one-handed sword. Her slashes were precise and calculated, executed with fluidity and grace that belied the deadly intent behind each strike. 

I noted the distinct characteristics of her fighting style. The way she held the sword, the angle of her strikes, even the rhythm of her movements.

Her technique bore resemblance to traditional sabre fighting, a style characterized by its emphasis on fluid, slashing attacks and agile footwork. She stood with her feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, and her weight centered. Her grip on the sabre was firm but relaxed, allowing for quick changes in direction. The blade was held at a slight angle, poised to deliver swift and decisive slashes.

"These Demons, they're very similar to humans. It's uncanny," I remarked, observing how seamlessly she integrated the principles of sabre combat into her movements. If it wasn't for the ugly shadowed distortion on the Natsuki lookalike's face, I'd say she was human.

I continued to engage the Doppelgänger in combat, I couldn't help but be acutely aware of the stark contrast in our weapons. While her one-handed sword afforded her considerable reach and striking power, my combat knife paled in comparison, its blade limited to close-quarters combat. Despite what Leon Kennedy would say, this sword is definitely superior compared to my knife.

Her sword danced through the air with lethal precision, effortlessly slicing through the space between us with each calculated strike. In contrast, my movements felt constrained by the shorter reach of my knife, forcing me to close the distance between us in order to land a successful attack.

And even then, no matter how many times I strike her skin, it reflects back at me. Straight on physical attacks won't work.

But that's fine, I just need to stall her.

"It's been fun, but you're starting to become a nuisance," the Doppelgänger remarked with a smirk, her voice laced with disdain.

[Doppelgänger casts: Ziodyne]

Deals heavy Electric damage to one foe

The surge of electricity struck me head-on, coursing through my body with searing intensity. The shock left me momentarily stunned, my muscles twitching involuntarily as the energy surged through me.

Gritting my teeth against the pain, I forced myself to remain focused, refusing to let the jolt of electricity derail me.

She rushes towards me, going on the offensive. I found myself on the defensive as her sword sliced through the air with lethal precision. Despite my efforts to evade her blows, I couldn't avoid them all. The razor-sharp edge of her weapon left shallow cuts on my arms and shoulders.

And then suddenly, she lunges forward. 

Feeling the blade pierce my gut, I staggered back, the searing pain radiating through my body like a fiery inferno. Despite the agony, I clenched my teeth, refusing to cry out as I locked eyes with the Doppelgänger.

With a smirk of satisfaction, she uttered, "Game over."

Gasping for breath, I forced a strained smile and whispered, "Not yet."

Summoning every ounce of willpower, I grabbed hold of the Doppelgänger's arm, locking her in place despite the excruciating pain coursing through me. With a defiant grin, I laughed softly to myself.

"You're crazy, aren't you?" she muttered, disbelief evident in her voice as she struggled against my grip.

Through gritted teeth, I retorted, "Maybe so. But you fell for it."

Despite the searing pain and the blood pooling around me, I maintained my hold, my determination unyielding. This was far from over.

"N-now..!" I said under pained breath.

[Jack Frost casts unique skill: Jack Bufula]

medium Ice damage to a single target, and lowers their defense by 1 rank for 3 turns

[Pyro Jack casts: Agilao]

Medium fire damage to a single target, has potential to cause burn.

With synchronized precision, they unleashed their icy and fiery attacks, creating a sudden burst of steam that engulfed us all in a shroud of mist.

Realization dawned in the Doppelgänger eyes as she recognized my strategy. "You... you let me hit you," she gasped, a mixture of shock and frustration coloring her tone.

As the steam surrounded us, the Doppelgänger's voice echoed through the mist, laced with realization and growing panic. 

"You... you clever little human," she exclaimed, her tone shifting from confident to increasingly distressed. "You used the fire and ice from your demons to create a smoke screen! When ice is subjected to heat, it absorbs energy, causing its molecular structure to break down and transition from a solid to a liquid state... And then, when it reaches its boiling point, it turns into steam... You've effectively obscured your presence in this mist!"

The Doppelgänger's frantic search continued as she moved cautiously through the swirling mist, her voice strained with frustration and desperation.

She looks to her side, and then even above.

"Where are you?!" she called out repeatedly, her tone oscillating between anger and anxiety. With each step, she scanned her surroundings, her eyes darting from shadow to shadow in search of any sign of movement

I took advantage of the chaos. Closing in silently behind the Doppelgänger, I steadied my aim, the weight of the gun reassuring in my hand.

[ (Name) uses physical skill: Double Shot] 

Deals medium Pierce damage to one foe. (2 hits)

...

CRITICAL HIT.

CRITICAL HIT.

The first bullet found its mark, striking the Doppelgänger's head with lethal accuracy. Before she could react, the second shot followed suit, a second impact ringing out as the bullet found its mark once more.

In that fleeting moment, the Doppelgänger staggered, her form faltering as the force of the bullets tore through her. And then, with a final gasp, she collapsed, defeated by the relentless onslaught.

With the Doppelgänger defeated, the adrenaline that had sustained me through the battle began to wane, leaving me feeling drained and weary. As the tension ebbed away, I found myself sinking to one knee, the weight of exhaustion bearing down on me.

...

LEVEL UP!

LEVEL UP!

LEVEL UP!

You feel yourself getting stronger...

"Good going, kid!" Pyro Jack's words of praise were abruptly cut off as he noticed the gaping wound in my stomach. "Holy crap cakes, he has a gigantic hole in his stomach! We should fix that!"

[Pyro Jack casts: Diarama]

Moderately restores 1 ally's HP.

As the healing magic washed over me, I could feel some of the pain subsiding, particularly the sharp ache of the stab wound.

"Your plan was interesting, kid. I like your innovative thinking, but you should try less of the getting hurt part. I only have one healing spell, so watch out! Or better yet, get a freaking Demon who can heal better. I'm gonna use up all of my MP at this rate keeping you up, I ain't some unlimited pool of that stuff!"

Pyro Jack's enthusiasm crackled as he spoke, his voice infused with a newfound respect. "Despite that, you seem to have the hang of things, kid. Maybe Tamaki was right to pick a high-schooler like you to explore this place. I certainly underestimated you! I mean, that Doppelgänger was a tough cookie. She was much stronger than the three of us, but that's just how it goes sometimes. But hey, did you feel that? That was you getting stronger back there! It's like leveling up in those video games you humans play. But in real life, it means you're becoming more resilient, more skilled. And it's not just you; Jack Frost and I feel it too. Every tough opponent we face makes us stronger. Plus, sometimes we even learn new tricks, and we can teach them to you despite being a freaking human. Pretty cool, huh?"

"Yeah, I did feel something," I replied, still catching my breath from the intense battle. "It's like a rush, but different, like I'm... more capable."

"Exactly! That's the spirit, kid. Now, let me show you a little something." Pyro Jack exclaimed, his flames intensifying as he conjured a larger blaze in his palm. "This is Agilao, a step up from the basic Agi spell. It packs more punch and can really scorch your enemies. With the COMP device you've got on your arm, you've got access to all sorts of powerful abilities normal humans can only dream of. Additionally, you can learn some stuff from Spell Cards you find, it's compatible with the device. Pretty neat, huh? Since I can't have you dying just yet, here's a little bonus for ya from yours truly," Pyro Jack chuckled.

He flicked his fiery fingers to send the knowledge of the Agilao into my mind, before handing mew two additional skill cards. I placed the cards into the comp and it consumed them, before implanting additional knowledge into my mind.

[NEW SKILL LEARNED: Agilao]

Medium fire damage to a single target, has potential to cause burn.

[NEW SKILL LEARNED: Maragi]

 Deals low Fire damage to all enemies.

[NEW SKILL LEARNED: Fire Boost]

Increases Fire damage output by 25%.

"Consider it a return on your investment. Not bad for the 5,000 yen, eh? Normally, I'd charge ya more. That's like three Wild-Duck Burger meals in the human world or whatever you kids eat these days." 

(5000 yen is like 33 dollars in American money, around 44 dollars in Canadian. in short, as a 15 year old, that's lots of money for you but in terms of like actual currency, you got a massive steal here. Pyro Jack's a bro. ...a Jack Bro.)

Inspecting the defeated Doppelgänger, I noticed a considerable sum of yen lying amidst her belongings. "Looks like she was carrying quite the pocket change," I remarked, eyeing the pile of currency. 

[Obtained: ¥50,000]

About $330 in America, or $447 in Canada. 

Pyro Jack chuckled. "Yeah, demons carry money too. Like I said before, we gotta buy stuff too. Sometimes some demons wipe their ass with it though, or just burn it, the monsters. Anyways, Yadda yadda, capitalism you already get it."

"I've never held this much money before," I comment, feeling a mixture of awe and nervousness as I stare at the bundle of yen in my hand. I gulp, suddenly feeling the weight of the responsibility that comes with it, "I'm already running low on bullets. Maybe I should come back with higher firepower next time I ever come here." I pause, considering my options, "But I have little time to waste."

I turn towards my two Demon companions. I can get used to this.

"Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, let's go. The Enchanted Grove awaits."

[(Name) vs. Natsuki Moriyama Doppelgänger.

Winner: 

(Name) ]

+3 Agility!

+3 Magic!

+2 Vitality!

+1 Strength!

(Name) (Last Name)

Age: 15

Level: 27 (since we're in June so this is roughly the level my P3 party is at this moment)

Equipment: P226 Handgun (Firearm), Military Sabre (Melee)

Skills: 

Triple Down:  Deals light pierce (gun) damage to one enemy (3 hits)

Double Shot/Twin Shot: Deals medium Pierce damage to one foe. (2 hits)

Agilao: Deals medium fire damage to a single target, has potential to cause burn.

Maragi: Deals low Fire damage to all enemies.

Fire Boost: Increases Fire damage output by 25%.

Build: Magic and Agility focus, Vitality and Strength secondary. (Ironically Strength is what determines gun damage so we're going to have to split this evenly.)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2.3K 2 40
Book 1 of the Persona Series This happened ten years ago before the Dark Hour, Makoto Yuki and Minako Arisato are still kids as they lived normally w...
3.8K 87 13
Minato Arisato arrives in Shibuya with his friends for summer vacation and isn't all that excited. However,when getting lost leads to meeting a speci...
41.5K 824 27
Minako Arisato woke up from somewhat a very long nap... She found out that she was warped two years into the future?! Something else is also off. SEE...
664 0 50
Book 2 of the Persona Series Makoto and Minako are now teenagers entering the place, where the incident happened, Iwatodai. Minako already awaken her...