Hear the Dance

By shieshiena30

What if Bada Lee has to teach a deaf girl how to dance? Bada Lee is contracted for private lessons one day an... More

Sypnosis
HTD# 1
HTD# 2
HTD# 3
HTD#4
HTD#5
HTD#6
HTD#7
HTD#8
HTD#9
HTD#10
HTD#11
HTD#12
HTD#13
HTD#14
HTD#15
HTD# 17
Once upon a time...
HTD# 18
HTD# 19
HTD# 20

HTD#16

162 11 1
By shieshiena30

Note: Please forgive any typographic error up ahead! I'm writing this on my lagging phone that's why.

~~~

A few blocks away from the Jung Residence, the local events hall is being decorated with balloons and a tarpaulin similar to the flyer being spread across the city for the competition being held today. The coordinators and organizers run round and about the events hall as they set up the technical booth, the decorations, the stereos and other things needed for the event.

Some things had to be hanged, taped on the wall or a complete wall had to be installed, the stereo and mixer was being perfectly checked so no technical issues would occur during the event. Everyone were on their toes as this competition was the first ever to be held by their community and it had to be perfect.

A loud alarm resounded in a cozy but empty room. Its loud ringing was being masked away by the repetitive music being played through a grand piano while a ballerina danced her routine with a pain in her heart and an equally painful ringing in her ears.

Hopefully, she can escape. Mauve prayed in her mind.

Mauve has been making sure to not raise any suspicion from Helene about her planned escape later this evening an hour before the actual start of the competition. All her efforts appears to be wasted to none now as it seems like Helene has a plan of her own too by exhausting the life out of her.

Her grandmother had her woken up at 4AM for ballet lessons as always. She thought there would be no practices today as she has been thrown to her room to ground her.

At the first part of being grounded and locked in her room she was really mad and disheartened, but then realized that she had more chances to escape by then as she was grounded.

Her chances are now down to a couple percent though with how Helene is trying to keep her in the dance studio dancing to her goddamn routines. Thankfully she let Mauve have breakfast today to help fuel her up.

"Again! One more time!"

Helene instructed over the loud piano being played by her butler. Her words are as repetitive as all of the routines that she has tirelessly told Mauve to perform.

Mauve was already breathless by the end of what Helene's considers as warm up routine for Mauve. Let's be real though, no warm up lasts for 3 long hours! She feels like she had already performed a thousand fouette's just for this morning.

After a short break, literally just 15 minutes, they went on and proceeded with their afternoon session of lessons. Mauve cursed how the time seems to be slowing down during the lessons. She'd glare at the clock above the piano. If that clock had a face it would have a mocking look at it by now.

By the time their lessons ended Mauve was feeling like she had been beaten all day. Her legs were numb and she could barely walk. In entirety, Mauve feels so worn out to the point that she where she feels like her body isn't even cooperating to move anymore despite her will to get up and leave the dance studio.

This physical exhaustion can't stop her from her plan though and that is to escape so she can join the competition which is set to start an hour from now. Its already 6PM and the event will start at 7PM so she has to move quickly.

With a shaky leg, Mauve tried to quickly make her way to the bathroom to wash off all the sticky sweat off of her body. Once she finished her warm bath, she felt slightly relieved and she started to feel like she has control of her body again. She's got no time to lose just to recover though because when she looked at her pink wall clock hanging on her bed room wall it tells that she only have 40 minutes left to prepare and reach the event hall.

She slips into the outfit she had been saving just for the competition. It was folded neatly in her cabinet so she changed pretty fast. Then her hair, she already looks fine with her hair down, her gentle waves freely moving with her but she decided to tie it into a classic ponytail. She was thinking twice on makeup but she has to leave now or else she will be really late! So instead she just grabs a bag and stuffs her make up kit in it, her phone and wallet and then off she goes to climb off her window.

As cliche as it is but there is literally no other way for her to escape but climbing off her window then quietly get to the gate to get her freedom. It was nearing dinner time already so she is sure the door to the backyard which is near the kitchen is not a safe option. Neither is the front door of course since the house is full of helpers. She can't risk anyone seeing her as they will most likely report to Helene in an instant.

She imitated what she saw from the movies and made a rope out of her blankets, linen, towels and curtains. It was still a few foot off the ground but she's sure the fall won't be dangerous plus there's a bush just below her landing area so there's something to catch her if she falls.

She ties her DIY rope to her bed post and let the rest of it out of the window. Mauve breathes out sharply and tells herself, its now or never!

At first she literally didn't know how she'd climb out, which way to face or where to position her hands and feet but she just thought to herself she can't waste time anymore she has to get down fast before anyone could see the rope! With her adrenaline rushing through her Mauve finally made her descent while whispering a prayer under her breath.

Please don't let me fall, please don't let me fall.

She thankfully did not fall and she was indeed able to get down safely. She did acquire a little scratch on her exposed elbow but it wasn't even slightly painful. Mauve wished no one heard anything though, cause she was pretty sure she landed with a thud.

As soon as Mauve got to her feet and was just brushing off some leaves that was clinging to her, she felt the presence of someone right behind her. Her heart skipped a beat in utter panic. If this is Helene she is surely going to be locked up until she is aged!

"Mauve?"

Mauve turned around to confirm if it was indeed Helene behind her just as the person behind her called her name.

It was Bada!

She was wearing a black ensemble of street wear with accents of red. Overall she looked cool but she was also obviously profusely sweating.

What Mauve didn't know was Bada also planned to get her out of her house like it was a grand heist. Hyein was outside the residence's gate waiting as the get away driver while Bada is the one moving to get her.

Bada also climbed up the concrete walls of the gate and she was about to make her way to the first second floor window she sees hoping that Helene won't see her, cause she honestly don't know where Mauve's room is.

"What are you doing?"

Bada asked while she's still in shock after seeing Mauve fall down from her DIY rope. She didn't really realized it was Mauve because the sun had already set and there was no lamp in this part of the house. The only light was from inside the house seeping through the windows.

Mauve was stupefied to see Bada in front of her too, she has a ton of question in her head right now but she pushes all her thoughts aside as she remembered that they need have to leave now, before anyone sees them and they both get into trouble with Helene. Plus they're literally going to be late for the competition!

So she quickly acts on her feet, grabs Bada by the arm and runs to the walls. Bada seems to have absorbed what's going on cause as soon as they were in front of that wall she immediately helps Mauve to climb up by letting her step onto her hands that were clasped together which gave her the ability to boost Mauve upward making it easier for the kid to climb beyond it.

"Bada-nim?"

A man's voice stops Bada from climbing up the wall. It was Mr. Jung, she's sure of that. She straightens up and faces the man who looks like he just arrived home from work, a briefcase still in his hand.

"Good evening Mr. Jung"

She greets him, she honestly doesn't know what to say to him but she just blurts out the truth for him to know.

"Sir Mauve and I have decided to attend the competition. Yes, I am getting Mauve out of here with the intention of you not knowing about it but just so you know Mauve had worked hard for this competition and just like her I am not planning on wasting all of those effort..!"

She swore she stuttered the whole time but who cares! Before she could even finish her whole mantra, she feels a hand on her shoulder. His grip was comforting and reassuring, then the moment of fear for being caught was sealed with a nod.

A voice coming from inside pulled them both back to the present situation. Pretty sure it was Helene's voice that they're hearing and it was enough to strike fear for Bada.

"Make sure you both bleed the stage with your dance. Go, I'll hold off Helene."

Mr. Jung told her with resolve in his eyes. He had permitted them to be in this competition long before Helene came and that decision didn't change. Just like the both of them, he doesn't wish for all of their efforts to be wasted either.

With his permission given Bada quickly climbed off the wall swiftly as if she's been doing it for a long time now. While Mr. Jung walks inside the house, whispering a prayer for Bada and Mauve.

"Oh you're here. I've been looking all over the house for Loviel have you seen her?"

Helene didn't even bothered to greet him, well its not like he demands to be greeted by his in law. He needs to distract her though because he will not let Helene ruin Mauve's big day.

Bada runs to the waiting black mini van which was just a meter away. She sees a worried Mauve come out from the van though. 

Bada meets her half way and pulls her back to the van.

"Mauve's dad just arrived did he saw you?"

Hyein immediately asked while the two settled on the back seat.

"Yes but he did gave us the permission to go and he said he'll distract Helene."

Bada replies as soon as she closes the door.

"That's great! We should go now because you two have 10 minutes left on the clock! You haven't even registered yet!"

Hyein drove her van like her life depended on the gas pedal but the traffic was something they can't control of course, and so with 5 minutes left on the clock Bada knew they can't just sit down there and wait for the traffic to magically disappear. So she grabs Mauve by the hand and slides open the car door.

"Hyein we'll take it from here! thank you!"

Bada tells Hyein before jumping off the vehicle with Mauve following her closely.

"Take care you two! I'll see you there!"

Hyein bids them from her car window as the two was already running on their way to the venue. Her eyed darted to their hands clasped together in a tight hold. She smirks and thinks to herself, sisterly love my ass.

Bada and Mauve ran so fast through the bustling traffic, through the crowded pavements full of people and little food stalls which meant they're getting near the venue, they ran through the a couple of doors that led to the inside of the auditorium. They were breathless the moment they reached the stand by area for all performers behind the stage. 

A staff greets them and asked a couple of questions like are they contestants? did they registered already? Bada cuts her off with a very direct response after a sharp exhale.

"No we haven't but we can register now if you can help us with it." 

The staff immediately started to look for the registration paper and a pen then handed it to Bada so they could register. Mauve peeks inside the space they were supposed to enter before they were met by the staff. The space was a tad bit narrow thankfully it was not cramped. There were chairs lined up with the contestants sitting in order of presentor. 

Right after confirming their registration the two went inside the area. Bada walked in front of Mauve looking for their chairs.

"There's our seat."

Bada tells herself as soon as she spots their number plastered on the chairs. She invites Mauve to sit down and they both took a deep breath as they recovered. Here they are. Finally. They thought to themselves.

There were only 10 presentors for the competition and Bada and Mauve is the last act for the event. Seems like a lot of presentors but the moment the competition started all of the presentation seems to be moving fast.

It was enough for Mauve to went into a stage fear and anxiety frenzy. This is her first time dancing in front of a huge number of people! This is her first time in a competition!

Her mind is filled with a lot of worry and what if's. What if she forgets the steps? Oh my gosh the steps! She hadn't been able to practice properly this past few days with Helene causing a lot of drama in her life!

What if she indeed forget the steps? She can't embarass herself in front of the crowd— especially not Bada! Mauve looks over to the source of her worry, sitting their silently and was already looking back at her too.

Bada knows that look in Mauve's eyes. She should know it pretty well. Its the same look she had when she first climbed up on stage to dance in front of her schoolmates. The same look when she attended her first dance competition too. She knows it all too well and she understands why Mauve is feeling it, she can't blame the girl for it, she's worried for all the tiniest reasons.

"Mauve, you want to practice?"

Bada asked as she stood up and offered her hand to Mauve, which the girl took. Now they're standing a bit closer in front of each other. With this distance Mauve feared Bada would feel the fast beating of her heart, without knowing that Bada understands her all so well. 

To actually help Mauve calm down, even though she knows she'll grow more weary as the time closes in, Bada holds her cold hands and starts to guide this shivering hand into the familiar movement of their dance while she also hums the song that Mauve can not hear. The dance they both made, the dance that is proof of the bond they made between the two of them. Two complete strangers that were able to meet with their common love for dance and now here they are, hands clasped together blanketed in cold anxiety.  

Mauve did actually calmed down as she focuses on the movement that Bada is leading her on doing. Little by little she starts to remember the vibrations of their song then eventually Bada wasn't leading Mauve anymore because now they were moving in sync. From only moving their hands, the two releases themselves from their tight hold and moved their whole body as their body skillfully remembered the whole choreography without mistake. They ended their mini practice with a smile painted on their lips, Mauve is thankful she still remembers the whole thing but she's more thankful that Bada is here to help her get rid of her fears.

All of her nerves came to cold life again and sent her the jitters when a staff came to approach them and as what she read from the staff's lips their being called to prepare because their the next to perform. Mauve quickly looks around to confirm if they're really the next one to perform and based on the fewer number of contestants loitering around their area it seems that everyone did already finished their performance and they're next up on that stage. Mauve's shaky gaze went back to Bada in an attempt to calm herself down and there was Bada again already looking at her with a distinct gentleness written all over her expression.

"Let's go?"

Bada, for the second time, extends her hand to Mauve which the girl immediately hold onto without much thought. Bada observed how Mauves little steps, as they walked to the opening that lead to the stage, were paired with either a nervous gulp or a couple of nervous exhales. Bada can't think of any other way she could comfort Mauve, because its only natural to fell nervous in this kind of things. In fact she's also nervous but she's just not showing it so Mauve would not feel more scared to the point of possibly backing out. 

Listening to the current presentor's music it seems that they're about to finish their performance and now Bada is also getting more nervous too but she has to calm down because when she looked at Mauve, she looks like she's about to just break down and cry right then and there. 

Bada cusses under her breath as she decides to use what little sign language she knows to talk to Mauve to calm her down and motivate her. To tell her that everything will be alright. She blocks Mauve's view of the stage and filled her vision with her image.

Mauve. Don't be scared. Everything will be alright. Just know that I'm proud of you already for being here. Don't think too much and just feel the vibrations in your body, just listen to your body, hear the dance.

Bada was sure she messed up that last part but its already too late to repeat all that now because she just heard the Host call up both their name.

Just feel the music, hear the dance!

Those were Bada's last attempt to motivate Mauve. She probably messed it up again but she didn't care anymore, she just hope it helped Mauve because its showtime.

"Let's go."

Bada reached for Mauve's hand so they could to the center stage together but the latter tugged her back. Bada looks over to Mauve whose unnerving feeling is showing through her doe eyes.

"Thank you."

Mauve said. With the voice that she hasn't used around anyone else other than Helene and to her father.

"Hey what are you guys still doing here?! C'mon to the center let's go!"

A staff intervened their moment and pulled them both to the stage. If it wasn't for the staff Bada wouldn't have recovered. Mauve speaking is not the top priority right now though, it's this. This moment, in the stage in front of a crowd with the lights off and their heart beating loudly.

Mauve whispers to herself, it's now or never.

🌊🌊🌊

Competition scene will be on the next chapter! I honestly got mental blocked on what to write here so I kept on revising it which made took a long time to do this update. So sorry you guys T^T

See you on the next one!

-Shiena🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.6K 2.9K 32
“❝Ιͺ ɒᴏᴛ α΄€α΄…α΄…Ιͺᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ α΄€ ʟᴏᴏꜱΙͺΙ΄Ι’ Ι’α΄€α΄α΄‡βžβ€› π‘±π’π’Šπ’π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒂𝒓 𝑲𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒏 π’”π’‰π’π’˜, 𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒕 οΏ½...
5.3K 145 7
She fought it hard, then harder, but it was like boiling the ocean. Taking a step forward led to her taking a couple of steps back. There's just no e...
24.4K 690 24
Β°β€’Β° in where a group of great dancers and choreographers come to the tv show Street Woman Fighter 2, the group Angel's surprised the entire cast with...
18.6K 692 50
Luna Oakley just moved to South Korea with her boyfriend of two years. On the first few days of being there, she goes to a small friend gathering of...