That Day (English Version)

By WhiteDwarfs4

One shot story More

That Day (English version)

109 10 0
By WhiteDwarfs4

Blue sky, white cloud, gentle breeze across your cheek...
When you breath you can smell the flowers...

Sean Lacroix

I am a professional street wall art painter.

Today is a special day for me.
It's my birthday....

❝ It's sunny today.
That's why I'll paint.
What color should I paint. Green? ❞

And also me and my husband, Leon Raver' three years wedding anniversary.

We first met at the summer.

That one summer day, I intended to draw on the building wall next to the skating rink early in the morning.

❝ Imm...I have to delete the old painting from last month. It'll take one day...
And then, I have to repaint the wall. It'll take another day...
Wait for it to dry and the next day I can start to draw ❞

That's where it started... a boy named Leon Raver with a skateboard in his hand came to me, who was removing paintings from the wall alone.

❝ You know ... I love summer ❞

That's the first thing Leo said to me. I remembered it clearly. I thought he was a strange boy. But when I know more about him, he really is a sweet boy.
Because later then Leo told me that he actually loves the summer because it allowed him to met me. Like I told you, he is sweet. Isn't it?
I know.... I know, it is a little bit cheesy but bare with me. won't you?

Simply, just like that, at the summer we met, we developed a small, peaceful love within a week of painting on a wall.

A love story that started simple, and in the middle also, we simply went through...

Full of love,

full of understanding,

full of trust, and...

full of truth.

❝ You know ... I also love winter ❞

At the winter in front of the fireplace, Leo said that words, as he looked up from my bosom, as a memory of our first night.

After three year of our happy relationship as lover, I want him to love the rain also.

So, I tried my best to propose him on his birthday and in the midst of a lovely light rain.

I said...

❝ Leo...will you marry me? ❞

Leo was smiling and happy because of me getting down on my kneel and asking for his hand in marriage.

But he was pretended to be thought about and then said ...

❝ Imm... if you can arrange for the wedding to be held on your birthday in two months, I will say... YES ❞

That is why that day is my birthday and also our wedding anniversary.

In the present day, Sean is still painting the green paint and smiles as he thinks back to the past...

" pitter-patter...
pitter-patter...
pitter-patter..."

At that time, in a quiet environment, the sound of raindrops falling on the leaves began to emerge.

❝ NO! today is not supposed to rain.
It has never been time for rain.
Please...not again... NO! ❞

Sean doesn't know what to do anymore...

The rain that came suddenly and unexpectedly was getting heavier and heavier.

❝ I don't have an umbrella. I.. I.. didn't bring an umbrella to protect you..Leo❞

❝ You are going to be scared by the sounds of rain and thunder ❞

Sean take off his jacket and then...

❝ here, wrap my jacket around you. Is it enough..my love ❞

No! the rain is so heavy that the little cloth i have is not enough to cover you from the rain.

The paint on the wall dissolves with water.

❝ NO! ... It must not happen ...
It must not rain ... please ... don't ...❞

His long leg accidentally kick the green painting bucket with an anxiety.

The painting bucket is rolled and rolled on the ground and poured out all the green paint.

Instead of a rolling painting bucket, in his head...

He began to imagine again...

On that day, the car, he was driving was tagged "Just Married". Then, suddenly turn and roll over while avoiding a wrong lane big truck in the midst of uninvited rain.

The car on the road rolled two or three times, and then the car flipped over and stopped.

The painting bucket he was watching collided with the wall of tomb and stopped rolling.

The green liquid poured onto the ground near tomb...

❝ Just like that... yes... just like that day ❞

Sean is mumbling.

I squeeze my dizzy head. I forced myself out of the flipped-over car and then I pulled Leo out onto the street.

It was still raining ... heavily.
As if Sean was not crying. Tears are floated in the rain.

Leo's white pretty hands are full with the scratches of shattered glass.

❝ leo, my love, you are in pain and hurting... I know... I know... but hold your strength for a moment, my love.
Do you know that the rescue will come soon? Please...Leo...please ❞

Sean, who didn't see his wounds and didn't feel his pain, was heartbroken when he saw Leo's blood flowing in the rain.

I grabbed Leo's hand and placed it against my cheek. I never said goodbye to him. I remember what I told him...

❝ Leo, be strong my love, please.. don't sleep... look at me... I'm here with you ❞

Even though I didn't say goodbye... He left me. When his hand fell from my cheek... I felt my heart was shutter piece by piece.

In the present time, the rain doesn't allow me to show you how much my pain is great again. All my tears go into the rain and disappear again.

Sean, who had been strong for someone, was now on his knees on the ground, beating his chest. Screaming and crying all his heart out.

The ring he wore on his left ring finger was similar to the ring hanging from the chain around his neck.

Their wedding rings.

That day is special...
Sean's birthday...
Their wedding anniversary...
And the day Leo left his side forever...

The tomb that is covered with my red jacket...
The tomb with the green paint is dripping because of the rain...
The tombstone is engraved with meaningful words...

LEON RAVER (1996-2024)
A DEAR HUSBAND
" I Was Here"

As a joke, Leo once told me that he likes simple, and doesn't like long quotes on his tombstone.

❝ A DEAR HUSBAND is my title as your husband. And that's where my body will be, so I WAS HERE .. that's it .. short .. simple .. done ❞

❝ Ahh!! Leo..I miss you...I miss you so much..sob...sob... ❞

❝ Don't let it rain. Please don't let it rain today anyway..I'm sorry..I'm sorry ❞

That Day,
the last thing Leo said before his hand fell off from my cheek was ..

❝ You Know.. I really hate the rain.. ❞

The man who is covering the green tombstone with his arms to protect it from the rain, I don't think he can paint the tombstone again in that special day next year.

" The day you stop breathing
It was the day my world went dark. "

_LYNDA CHELDELIN FELL _

THE END
White Dwarfs (Hana K.K)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

857 157 10
သူရဲ့​ချော​မောမှု​တွေကို ကန့်သတ်ပေးထားရင်​ကောင်းမယ် သူ့ရဲ့အပြုံး​တွေလည်း ဆင်​ခြေ​ပေးရင်​ကောင်းမယ်ကျေးဇူးပြုပြီး အ​ပြောအဆိုအသုံးအနှုန်း​တွေဆင်​ခြေ​ပေး...
99.5K 2.8K 31
This is a story about a girl named Y/n & his brothers always overprotect her from everything her parents always have business trips so Y/n & her brot...
99.4K 317 23
fetish ဖြစ်တာတွေ ချက်ဖြစ်ခဲ့တဲ့ roleplay တွေ တကယ်ဖြစ်ဖူးခဲ့တာလေးတွေ တချို့က ကိ စိတ်ကူးယဉ်တာဖြစ်သလို တချို့က ကိ တကယ်လုပ်ချင်တာ တချို့က ကိဖြစ်ခဲ့တာလ...