Angel

By CharleyFullick

After a fairly traumatic summer, Abby Sinclair is back at school for a normal year with her friends. Normal h... More

Cast
Stefan

The Night of tbe Comet

21 4 0
By CharleyFullick

Abby walked into school, walking towards Matt as soon as she saw him.

"Hey. I heard about Vicki. Is she okay?" Abby asked him, placing a comforting hand on his arm. Matt smiled back, visibly relaxing.

"She'll be fine, thanks Abs." Matt shut his locker as they both leaned against the wall. "Hey, I never got to see you at the party last night. The new guy said you just took off. He looked pretty worried."

"Oh, yeah. I guess I just wasn't feeling very good." Abby lied.

"Ah, okay." Matt nodded, his eyes drifting from her to Elena outside. "Hey, there's Elena. Come on." They walked outside where their friend was walking towards them.

"Hey, how's Vicki?" Elena asked, adjusting the strap on her bag.

"They're keeping her overnight to make sure there's no infection, but she should be able to come home tomorrow." Matt told her.

"That's good news." Elena smiled.

"Yeah." Matt smiled back.

"Did you get in touch with your mom?" Elena asked, frowning at Abby's frantic hand gestures.

"Called and left a message." Matt sighed. His mother didn't exactly have the award for best maternal qualities. It's why Matt was always at Abby's house when his mum was in town. "She's in Virginia Beach with her boyfriend, so...we'll see how long it takes her to come rushing home."

"Vicki's just lucky that she's okay." Abby spoke up.

"I know. And there's talk of some missing campers." Matt said.

"Did she happen to mention what kind of animal it was that attacked her?" Abby asked him, praying he didn't say mountain lion (she was getting bored of that).

"She said it was a vampire." Abby and Elena stopped in their tracks.

"What?" Elena tried to process the information that had just been given to her. Although, there is no real way to react when someone says they were attacked by a bloodsucking dead person.

"Yeah, she wakes up last night and mutters 'vampire' and then passes out."

"Ok, that is weird." Elena nodded.

"I think she was drunk." Matt shrugged. "So what's up with you and the new guy?"

"Matt, the last thing I want to do is hurt you." Elena told him gently, avoiding his blue eyes that always made him look like he was about to cry.

"You know, I'm...I'm actually gonna go back to the hospital. I want to be there when she wakes up, get the real story about last night." Matt walked away, Elena giving Abby a guilty look.

"Awkward." The redhead sang as she and her friend walked into school.

~~~
Abby was at her locker when Stefan appeared, startled.

"Oh my god!" She tried to catch her breath. "Stefan, you scared me."

"Sorry." Stefan gave her a small smile. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, why do you ask?" She smiled at him as they began to walk down the hallway.

"Well, last night, something happened to you. Do you not remember?"

"Oh, that." Abby scoffed. "That was nothing. Just a little, uh, headache."

"Headache?" Stefan grabbed her wrist, stopping her from moving so that he could look her in the eyes. "Abby, it was like you were in some sort of trance. There was blood pouring out of your eyes. That's not normal."

"Well, I doubt it'll happen again." Abby pulled her wrist from his grasp. "I'm fine, Stefan. Just leave it alone." Stefan looked in concern as the redhead made her way to class.

~~~
The girls were at the Mystic Grill, talking. Abby was mindlessly doodling on Bonnie's hands.

"Well, I was talking to Grams, and she said the comet is a sign of impending doom." Abby looked up slightly, giving her friend an intrigued look. "The last time it passed through Mystic Falls, there was lots of death. So much blood and carnage, it created a bed of paranormal activity."

"Yeah, and then you poured Grams another shot and she told you about the aliens." Caroline rolled her eyes before turning to Elena with an excited look. "So then what?"

"So then nothing." Elena shrugged.

"You and Stefan talked all night?" Caroline looked at her in disbelief. "There was no sloppy first kiss or touchy feely of any kind?"

"Nope. We didn't go there." Elena shook her head.

"Not even a handshake?" Caroline's frustration made Abby jump, but oddly enough she didn't look up from her art. It was like she was in a trance. "I mean, Elena, we are your friends. Ok? You are supposed to share the smut."

"We just talked for hours." The brunette insisted.

"Ok, what is with the blockage?" Caroline slammed her hands down on the table. "Just jump his bones already! Ok, it's easy. Boy likes girl, girl likes boy, sex!"

"That's a very profound theory, Care." Abby said in a monotone voice. Elena got up, making Bonnie look at her.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Caroline's right." Elena nodded. It is easy. If I sit here, long enough, I'll end up talking myself out of it instead of doing what I started the day saying what I was going to do." She walked away, causing Bonnie to look at Abby, frowning when she saw that she wasn't even looking at what she was drawing. Her eyes were staring straight ahead, her nose bleeding.

"Abs? Abby!" She shook her shoulders, causing the redhead to gasp before looking at her friend. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." She smiled before getting up. She walked away as Bonnie looked at the drawings on her hands and wrists.

"What the..."

~~~
Tyler and Abby walked into her house, where her mother was cooking. She looked up, grinning at them.

"Hey, guys!" She walked towards them as they sat down at the table. "How was school?"

"Hi, Ms Sinclair." Tyler grinned, kissing her on the cheek.

"Mom, can I talk to you in private?" Abby asked, her mother nodding as they walked to the kitchen.

"What's up?" Heather asked.

"Something's....happening to me." Abby told her, avoiding eye contact.

"What do you mean?" Heather acted clueless, but the look in her eyes said she knew something.

"Well, last night at the party, I saw something. It was like a vision. I saw two people arguing. It was about this...angel, thought to bring peace upon all beings. Then today, I didn't even realise it but I drew something on Bonnie's hands."

"Listen, we'll talk more later, okay? Let's just go have dinner." Heather rushed her daughter to the living room, texting someone on her phone.

~~~

Abby walked out of school that day, frowning as everyone around her slowly dissolved into nothingness again, just like the night of the party. A woman was rushing down a flight of stairs, a man right behind her.

"Emma!"

"What!?"

"You know you have to do it. For them."

"I know, I just...don't they need this now?"

"When the time is right, she will serve her purpose. She'll save them."

"I hope you're right."

"Trust me, I am."

~~~
Heather was in the kitchen cleaning up when she heard a noise coming from upstairs. She walked to the bottom of the staircase, looking up.

"Abby!" She called up." Abby, sweetie, is that you?" She heard nothing, causing her to rush to the kitchen and grab a knife, arming herself. She was too late as a man appeared in front of her with a wicked grin on his face. "What do you want? I won't give her to you."

"Oh, I know." He nodded, before grabbing the knife from her hand, stabbing her in the stomach. He heard the jingling of keys, making him walk to the living room and shut the door. Abby walked in, clueless to the mess in the kitchen. She opened the kitchen door, screaming loudly at her mother on the floor. She pulled out her phone to call the police, but a hand over her mouth stopped her. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Abby stepped back, sobbing as her back hit the fridge. He pulled up the knife to stab her when she pushed him back, launching him across the room. He stood up, walking towards her but a blast of light threw him at the wall, knocking him unconscious. Abby sobbed before running out, crying and limping the whole way.

~~~
Stefan set his jacket down on the couch, jumping when he heard very frantic knocks on the door. He opened it, his eyes widening at a disheveled Abby. Her hair was messed up, her face was covered in blood and tears and she was shaking frantically.

"Abby?" He looked at her in concern.

"I'm sorry, I had no where else to go." She choked out a sob.

"Come in, come in." He rushed her inside, sitting her down on the couch. "Take a breath, tell me what happened."

"Okay." Abby inhaled, breathing slowly. "I came home to talk to my mom, and then I found her in the kitchen. Someone had...stabbed her." Her voice shook slightly. "Then this man came in with a knife, and he tried to stab me but I pushed him and he hit the wall. He got up and came towards me again but then this like, blast of light knocked him at the wall unconscious, and then I ran here. And...it's like something has been burning into my back."

"Okay, okay." He ran his hand through her hair comfortingly. "How about you sleep on the couch, and we'll talk about his tomorrow. Is your mom still at home?"

"Oh my god." Abby gasped. "I just left her there. I just left her lying on the floor in her own blood."

"It's okay, you were in shock." He smiled. "I'll call the police."

~~~
Damon walked into the living room to see a redhead lying on the couch sleeping. He looked at her for a moment before grabbing the blanket, covering her with it and walking out.

~~~
Hi!

I promise Abby will be in more of the storyline, this is just to see what happens to her and how she discovers she's a supernatural creature

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 11K 32
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
1.1M 20.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
238K 8.3K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
806K 29.9K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...