Conqueror of Daylight

By Slogus

Meet teenagers Jim Lake and Y/N L/N. Two great kids here in his small town called Arcadia. Although every da... More

Prologue: Becoming
Prologue 1.5: Becoming (PT. 2)
Chapter 1: For The Glory Of...?
Chapter 2: Sudden Thought
Chapter 3: Bular
Chapter 4: Heartstone Trollmarket
Chapter 5: No More Lies
Chapter 6: A Lot To Take In
Chapter 7: Trollhunter Hunter?
Chapter 8: Y/N vs Jim
Chapter 9: Jim vs Draal
Chapter 10: For Jim's Sake
Chapter 11: Gnome Your Enemy
Chapter 12: Gnome Alone
Chapter 13: Happy Gnome
Chapter 14: Waka Chaka!
Chapter 15: Breaking & Rescuing
Chapter 16: Die Tomorrow?
Chapter 17: Win Lose or Draal
Chapter 18: Win Lose or Nomura
Chapter 19: Take Control
Chapter 20: To Catch a Changeling
Chapter 21: Y/N the Trollsitter
Chapter 22: Jim's Bittersweet Sixteen
Chapter 23: A Stalker
Chapter 24: Crispy!
Chapter 25: Recipe For Disaster
Chapter 26: Claire & Present Danger
Chapter 27: Battle of The Bridges: Bular's Bane
Chapter 28: Claire, Welcome to Trollmarket
Chapter 29: Morgana's Reward
Chapter 30: Mudslinging
Chapter 31: Roaming Fees May Apply
Chapter 32: A Fate That's Worse Than Death
Chapter 33: The Shattered King
Chapter 34: Airheads
Chapter 35: Where Is My Mind?
Chapter 36: Life Of The Party
Chapter 37: It's About Time
Chapter 38: For AAARRRGGHH!!!

Chapter 39: Angor Management

1.7K 80 43
By Slogus

Strickler snores lightly, slumped uncomfortably in a dining chair, bathed in morning light filtering through the windows. The sharp edge of the Sword of Daylight slides under his chin, jerking his head upright, before swiftly being swapped for a sock, dangled by Y/N in full armor, blade resting at his back.

Strickler: "Ugh! What is this?"

He scoots the chair back, looking up at Y/N, who leans in with an unamused expression.

Jim: "Wakey, wakey. We survived the night with no sign of Angor Rot. Congratulations."

Standing straight, Jim crosses his arms, observing.

Y/N: "I thought I'd bring you some breakfast."

Y/N tosses the sock at Strickler's face, who turns away and scoffs.

Strickler: "I don't eat socks, and I don't appreciate being tied up."

Jim circles to the chair's back, his sword at his side.

Strickler: "I asked you to protect me, not torture me."

With a swift cut, Jim frees Strickler's wrists.

Jim: "And we said we'd keep you safe, not comfortable."

Jim hisses as Strickler massages his wrists, both gazing out the window at the sunlight, signaling their reprieve from Angor Rot. They all stretch, feeling the relief of safety.

Strickler: "Well, sun is up."

He remarks as Jim and Y/N deactivate their armor, letting it dissolve into blue and red puffs of magic.

Strickler: "We'll have until sundown to get me as far away as possible."

Y/N: "Yeah, right."

Skeptically, Y/N watches Jim approach his walkie-talkie.

Jim: "Let me call the team."

He speaks into the device with urgency.

Jim: "Trollhunter & Dusk to Warhammer, you copy?"

Strickler, arms crossed, can't help but comment with a hint of sarcasm. "Oh goodie, The Puberty Patrol is on the case. I feel so safe."

Strickler, stepping closer with evident sarcasm, prompts a sharp glare from Y/N. Jim raises an arm, silencing him as Toby's voice emerges from the walkie-talkie.

Toby (from the walkie-talkie): "This is Warhammer. What's up?"

Strickler snatches the device, intent on speaking, but Jim regains control with a look of irritation.

Strickler: "Do you really think your friends can handle that killer? They're just going to be in the way!"

Jim retrieves the walkie-talkie, his expression twisted in frustration.

Strickler: "Let's not forget, Y/N, you destroyed Angor's soul. He's coming for revenge."

Toby's voice interrupts the tension, seeking a response.

Toby (from the walkie-talkie): "Jim? Y/N? You there?"

Jim: "Yeah, Tobes, round up the team. We need to track down that last Triumbric stone."

Strickler nods at Jim, signaling approval of his directive.

Toby (from the walkie-talkie): "The one stolen by the Gumm-Gumms?"

Jim: "Exactly. Head to Trollmarket. I'll catch up later. Over and out."

Jim sets the walkie-talkie down, visibly uneasy about deceiving his friends.

Strickler: "You've made a smart decision, at last."

He comments, reaching for an empty coffee pot. Jim, sighing, fetches a box of cereal from above the fridge.

Jim: "For the record, Angor Rot is the one who destroyed his own soul."

Y/N, filled with a blend of anger and determination, asserts confidently.

Y/N: "Let Angor come after me if he wants."

Strickler, with a touch of concern, advises.

Strickler: "Don't rush into death, Young Atlas."

Jim carefully places the cereal box in Strickler's hands, their eyes locked with unease and necessity. Then, Draal enters, towering over them; his deep voice rumbles with skepticism.

Draal: "Why trust this Changeling when all he does is betray you?"

Strickler, nonchalantly continuing his breakfast, ignored Draal's question while Jim rummaged through the pantry, his sigh heavy with reluctance.

Jim: "Because, sadly, we need him. Is this all the canned food we have?"

Draal's lips curled into a menacing smile, dark humor in his tone.

Draal: "Need more food? Maybe we should chop him into pieces and can him right now!"

Y/N, leaning against the kitchen island, interjected firmly, highlighting the constraints of their predicament.

Y/N: "Did you forget the binding spell, Draal? If we hurt him, we hurt Barbara."

Strickler flicked a piece of cereal at Draal's face, smirking provocatively, as Draal growled, his frustration evident yet contained, reminded by Y/N's words.

Draal, skepticism still evident in his voice, posed a challenging question.

Draal: "Say you do get him out of town. What's stopping Angor Rot from finding him?"

Jim, who was organizing the supplies, responded with uncertainty.

Jim: "I don't know. We disguise him," he suggests.

Draal scoffed at the idea, his dismissal sharp.

Draal: "Disguise? Angor is a cunning and ruthless assassin. You think a hat and mustache will fool him?"

Jim: "Then I guess we fight him." He says as he opens the fridge door, "Far and far away from here."

Draal: "I do not like this plan. He could strike at any moment, and he would have the tactical advantage!"

Jim, frustrated, slams the fridge door.

Jim: "I don't know, okay! I don't have all the answers!"

Sensing the escalating tension, Y/N offered a bold proposition, his voice cutting through the uncertainty.

Y/N: "I say we face him head-on. He can't control me without the Shadow Staff. We have an advantage. With Jim and me both, we could take him."

Draal looks to Y/N, then back to Jim.

Draal: "I question if you two understand what you are getting into!"

Jim let out a sigh, "Sorry. I know it's not a well-thought-out plan, but we have to leave." As he spoke, his phone began to ring, diverting his attention.

The ringtone blared, "I am Gun Robot. I am Gun Robot." Jim retrieved the phone from his backpack, checking the caller ID as Draal helped himself to the backpack.

Jim whispered, "Shh! It's mom," and faked a yawn while answering the call. Draal rummaged through the small backpack, finding some wrapped snacks, as Strickler entered the scene unnoticed.

Jim spoke into the phone, "Hey, Mom. Uh, how are you? I just got up. What? Oh, yeah, Y/N is still sleeping." Y/N shot Jim a "really" look while Barbara had her phone against her ear at the hospital amidst the chaos.

Barbara explained, "Sorry I didn't come home, kiddo. It's been crazy here at the hospital. It looks like my night shift is turning into a weekend shift."

In the background, Strickler approached Draal and commented on his metal arm with a smirk, "Nice arm. Did you get that at the toy store?" He poked fun at it, tapping the metal. Draal, annoyed, turned and roared at Strickler, who merely covered his face, maintaining his grin.

Y/N glanced at Draal and Strickler, waving his hand for silence.

Y/N: "Shh!"

Returning the phone to his ear, Jim continued the conversation. "You're gonna be gone all weekend? Oh, sucks, Mom."

Jim faced Y/N and Strickler, noticing their growing excitement as they all seemed to catch the same thought.

Barbara, speaking from the hospital, reassured him.

Barbara (Through The Phone): "I know, but you guys can take care of yourselves. Just hunker down in the house. Stay safe."

Jim: "Sure, sure, we can hold down the fort."

Barbara, appreciative, responded from the other end of the line.

Barbara: "You guys are my little lifesavers."

Jim, half-joking, replied.

Jim: "I'll add it to my resume. Okay. Bye, mom. Yeah, yeah, I'll tell him. I love you too."

Jim: "Mom said she loves you, Y/N."

Y/N: "I'll text her later."

Jim noticed Strickler's growing anticipation.

Strickler: "She'll be out of the house all weekend?"

Jim confirmed, sensing the implications.

Jim: "Yeah, the house'll be empty."

Draal, with a hint of frustration, admitted his confusion.

Draal: "Fine. I have rocks for brains. Would someone tell me what's so obvious?"

Jim began to unpack his backpack while Y/N shared their plan. "We're going to hold down the fort."

Strickler: "We survived one night. He's not going to survive the next."

Draal finally understood and brightened with realization.

Draal: "Right. We fight here. Take back the tactical advantage. An ambush! Yes, I like it."

He moved closer to Strickler, who gave a satisfied smile. Meanwhile, Jim noted a practical concern.

Jim: "But we're going to need supplies."

Y/N: "And we'll need a solid plan to ensure we're not just surviving... But winning this time."

A Bit Later

Jim is busily preparing something. Suddenly, his view is obstructed as Strickler, with Y/N's help, pushes a bookcase across the room and then turns to Jim.

Strickler: "Keep that out of his line of sight."

Together, they then push the couch sideways to block another window.

Strickler: "Then, we'll drive him into the garage. Do you have the pulley?"

Jim: "Uh-huh, it's in the basement. I'll get it."

Jim dusted off his hands and headed to the basement. Y/N remained upstairs with Strickler, watching Jim descend. A brief silence fell, filled only by distant sounds from the basement.

Strickler, breaking the quiet, asked Y/N with a hint of sarcasm, "So, Young Atlas, how does it feel to be the champion of our creator?"

Y/N, raising an eyebrow at Strickler's tone, remained silent.

Strickler continued, "You know that the Eldritch Queen created changelings, right?"

Y/N rolled his eyes and replied tersely, "Yeah. I know."

Strickler, probing further, asked, "Really? Who told you? Was it that blue blob, Blinkous? Or whatever you call him?"

Y/N, looking unamused, shook his head.

Y/N: "No. I've seen it. I have visions."

Strickler, intrigued, pressed on, "Really? What have you seen?"

Y/N, growing uncomfortable with the direction of the conversation, responded curtly, "None of your business."

Strickler, with a slight nod, remarked, "Ah! So you've seen things you didn't want to see."

Y/N stayed quiet, offering no reply. After a moment, Strickler shook his head slightly and proceeded downstairs, leaving Y/N to his thoughts.

Later

You're in the living room, watching Draal sharpen his axe on the staircase. Jim and Strickler are working together nearby, placing ropes in strategic positions.

Jim: "Okay, that's the last one. Now, all we do is wait."

With a hint of camaraderie in his tone, Strickler turns to Jim. "You know, I'm surprised how well we work together."

As Strickler speaks, the rope dangles slightly around his neck. Jim gives it a slight tug, adding tension to the moment.

Jim: "You know, we're still gonna take you down after all this is over."

You can't help but laugh with Draal; the irony is not lost on either of you.

Y/N: "Don't get too comfortable, change-thing."

Strickler seems unfazed, hinting at more strategic talks.

Strickler: "...Perhaps, if we get through this, I could talk to my constituents about the Eye of Gunmar. I assume you're still interested in finding the last Triumbric stone?"

Jim's interest is piqued, his eyes narrowing.

Jim: "You know where it is?"

Strickler speaks of connections and possibilities. "Personally, no. But my ilk are wide and numerous. Where there's a will, there's a way."

The conversation turns serious. Jim questions Strickler's motives while you stand ready to back Jim up. "Why would you help us kill Gunmar?"

Strickler chuckles, revealing his self-serving nature.

Strickler: "Let's just say I'm always seeking my best interests."

Jim responds with a sarcastic quip, not fooled by Strickler's facade.

Jim: "Oh, what a shocker."

Then, a shiver runs down your spine, a warning tingling through you.

Y/N: "We're being watched!"

Stickler looks at Y/N, raising an eyebrow.

Strickler: "You having another one of those visions again?"

Y/N: "No—I feel it."

As Draal inspects his axe, he spots something reflected on its surface. His relaxed demeanor changes to alarm.

Draal gasps. "What is that?"

He points toward the staircase using his metal arm.

Strickler recognizes the object immediately. "It's his eye!"

Jim, hopeful yet tense, asks about the identity of the eye.

Jim: "Gunmar's eye?"

But you know better and correct him quickly.

Y/N: "No! It's Angor's! He's been watching us! Get it!"

You spring into action alongside Draal, who lunges forward but misses as the eye rolls tantalizingly out of reach on the floor. He looks down at his empty hand in disbelief.

Strickler points frantically, trying to direct the chaotic pursuit.

Strickler: "After it! There, there!"

Jim's voice is sharp and urgent as he joins the fray.

Jim: "Catch it before it escapes!"

You're right on Jim's heels, darting toward the elusive target. Draal, muttering under his breath, is frustrated.

Draal: "Gunmar's eye, Angor's eye. Enough of these eyes!"

The sentiment resonates with you as the eye skitters across the table, narrowly avoiding capture by Draal and Strickler's flailing hands. It makes a beeline for the sink, seeking the open drain.

In a coordinated move, Jim places a glass under the eye right as it's about to fall into the sink. You quickly slide a plate on top to seal its fate, trapping it securely under the glass. Jim examines the captured eye, his expression troubled.

Jim: "How long has he been watching us?"

Before the question can hang in the air too long, the doorknob rattling grips everyone's attention. The imminent threat is clear, and the room tenses in preparation.

Sensing the critical moment, you assert the plan.

Y/N: "Positions, everyone! We end this tonight!"

The door continues to rattle, a persistent attempt from the outside. Draal strategically retreats to the basement, leaving the door slightly ajar, ready to spring an ambush immediately.

Strickler seizes a crossbow and positions himself behind the living room table, bristling with spears aimed at the entrance.

Jim takes cover behind a closet, pondering the fate of the captured eye. Deciding its fate swiftly, he stows it in his bag and then clutches his amulet, whispering a sacred oath.

Jim: "For the glory of Merlin, Daylight is mine to command."

His armor materializes, encasing him in protective steel, ready for the impending battle.

You take your stand at the front line, directly in front of the door, and the resolve is evident in your stance.

Y/N: "For the glory of Morgana, Daylight is mine to conquer."

Your armor clads you in an instant, and your blade extends, aiming at the door as if challenging the unseen adversary on the other side.

Strickler, peeking from his makeshift shelter, eyes you with disbelief and a hint of concern.

Strickler: "Young Atlas, are you mad?! Get in position!"

You don't waver. Your focus is laser-sharp on the door, and your hand grips the blade's handle with a steady, unyielding strength. You are fully prepared to confront whatever danger lies beyond.

The door finally swings open, but instead of the feared assassin, it's Barbara, surprisingly returning home early.

Barbara: "Hey, kiddos, are you home? Wanda messed up my schedule again. I guess I have the day off after all—Holy champignon! Y/N, what are you doing?!"

She steps in, oblivious to the house's fortified state. You don't answer her; instead, your attention snaps to the imminent danger she's unknowingly walked into.

Y/N: "Watch out!"

You dash towards her, your voice laced with urgency. Just as she hangs her bag on the stand, it triggers the axe trap you set earlier. You pull her away with only seconds to spare, narrowly avoiding the swinging axe. Jim emerges from his hiding place; concern etched on his face as he approaches Barbara.

Barbara, bewildered and shaken, stammers out her confusion.

Barbara: "Whoa! Holy—" Barbara gasps. "Why is there an axe in the door?"

Strickler, abandoning his cover, rushes over.

Strickler: "Barbara! Are you all right?"

You assist Barbara to her feet with Jim, ensuring she's unharmed.

Barbara notices the armored figures of her children, her mind racing to piece together the scene.

Barbara: "Whoa! Holy— How—? What is—?"

Jim, caught off guard and unable to fabricate a convincing lie, merely laughs nervously, with you offering a helpless shrug. Barbara's gaze then shifts to Strickler, her confusion deepening.

Barbara: "Walt? Why are you here? And why are you holding a crossbow?"

Strickler, now the focus of her growing alarm, awkwardly attempts to hide the crossbow behind his back, though it's visible.

Strickler: "Me? Uh, yes. You see, there's a school project I gave the boys, and uh..."

His explanation falters, trailing off into silence. The tension escalates as he accidentally discharges the crossbow, sending a bolt flying into a ceiling light. Shattering glass fills the room, and you all collectively groan at the ensuing chaos.

Suddenly, Draal bursts into the room, full of intent, mistaking the situation for a confrontation with Angor Rot.

Draal: "Die, Angor!"

Jim leaps to intercept him, panic clear in his voice.

Jim: "No, Draal! Get back!"

Draal's roar fills the room, matched only by Barbara's scream of terror. Realization dawns on Draal's face, and he lowers his axe, looking sheepishly at Barbara, who continues to scream at the sight of him.

Draal: "Um, hello. Sorry."

He attempts a friendly smile, but Barbara, still in shock, frantically searches her bag. You and Jim try to calm the escalating situation.

Jim: "No, no, no! Mom! Mom, it's okay!"

Y/N: "Relax, Barbara, he's—"

Before you can finish, Barbara pulls out a small spray bottle and unleashes a torrent on you, Jim, and Draal.

Draal cries out in surprise while Jim shouts, "My eyes!" you can't help but exclaim in discomfort.

In the ensuing chaos, blinded and disoriented, you and Jim bump into each other, causing clattering noises. Draal, meanwhile, staggers backward, hands over his face, and inadvertently triggers a series of traps.

A swinging spanner first hits him; then, a hammer sends him crashing onto his back right under a bookshelf.

Jim, squinting through the sting, rushes to Draal's side while Barbara's screams continue to pierce the air. You manage to clear your eyes and join Jim to check on Draal.

Jim: "It's okay, Mom! He's a friend!"

Barbara's screams taper into heavy breathing, still edged with fear. Now, at Barbara's side, Strickler observes the scene with concern and resignation.

Strickler: "He was a friend. Now, he's out cold."

Strickler's remark hangs in the air as you notice Barbara's distress. She clutches at her hair, her breaths coming in sharp pants, and with a final scream, she collapses into unconsciousness.

Beside her, you and Jim clutch your amulets, your faces etched with concern. Jim's eyes, wide with alarm, follow his mother's descent to the floor, a silent acknowledgment that the situation has spiraled out of control.

In the tense silence, Strickler approaches, his expression somber. Jim's gaze hardens as he meets Strickler's eyes.

Strickler: "And, so is she."

Your response is a disbelieving scoff, the situation's absurdity mingling with the rising concern for Barbara's well-being.

Later

Barbara's hands shake as she holds a glass of water and sits on a box. Across from her, Jim and Y/N sit, watching her with furrowed brows, while Strickler stands with a pitcher of water.

Barbara groans, a sound of discomfort and confusion mingling together.

Strickler, trying to be helpful, asks, "More water, Barbara?"

Without a word, she hands him the empty glass and almost snatches the pitcher from his grip. She drinks eagerly, desperate to quench more than just her physical thirst. Jim and Y/N watch her, exchanging glances that convey concern and bewilderment, wondering when to break the heavy silence.

Barbara pauses, setting the pitcher down with a heavy sigh, water dripping from her chin.

Barbara: "So, let me get this straight. There are good and bad trolls... and somehow, you two are...?"

Strickler, seizing the moment to explain, interjects with a hint of drama.

Strickler: "If I may. There is a vast world beneath our feet, Barbara. And your boys have stirred up a heap of trouble."

Jim reacts with frustration and disbelief, pointing accusingly at Strickler.

Jim: "Dude!"

Before Jim can continue, Barbara, overwhelmed by the information, holds her forehead, struggling to articulate her thoughts.

Barbara: "This is all so, uh..."

Words fail her, and she trails off, the enormity of the revelation silencing her.

Strickler, sensing the need for family privacy, offers a retreat.

Strickler: "I'll give you three a moment."

Y/N, letting out a sigh, remains seated. The situation's absurdity and gravity mix in the air, leaving everyone to ponder the chaotic turn of events.

Barbara's eyes are wide with disbelief and concern as she tries to process the revelation.

Barbara: "I can't believe this is what you've been doing. All those late nights, getting arrested, you in the hospital. Why are you guys these... Troll fighters?"

With a soft tone, Jim offers a minor correction to alleviate the tension. "Uh, Trollhunters."

Barbara stammers, "Y-You boys should be worried about high school and girls, not this-- I mean, can't you just ask someone else to do it?"

Y/N, attempting to explain the complexity of their situation, interjects gently.

Y/N: "Barbara, it's... it's a permanent position?"

Jim, clasping his hands together, speaks urgently, trying to make his mother understand without overwhelming her.

Jim: "They need me, Mom. They need us! I-I know it's hard to believe, but we're sorta, like their protectors."

Barbara absorbs this, her maternal instinct kicking in with a poignant question.

Barbara: "But who's going to protect you?"

Y/N averts his gaze, the weight of her words sinking in.

Can Jim and Y/N protect each other?

Barbara continues, her voice softening.

Barbara: "Y/N, I promised your grandfather I'd protect you. How would he feel if he found out what you were doing?"

Y/N, with a steady voice, reveals a deeper layer of their destiny.

Y/N: "He already knew, Barbara."

Barbara, shocked, can barely whisper.

Barbara: "What?"

Jim adds to the unfolding narrative.

Jim: "We don't know how, but he did. We're still trying to figure everything out."

Y/N, glancing at Jim, shares a moment of silent understanding.

Y/N: "Even between Jim and me, our roles aren't the same, no matter how hard we're trying to force them to be."

Barbara, her confusion growing, tries to interject.

Barbara: "What do you-? I don't understand."

Y/N, sensing the urgency of the moment, promises more revelations.

Y/N: "We can and will explain everything soon, Barbara. But for now, we need you-!"

Suddenly, a chilling sensation interrupts Y/N, which is more intense than before. His skin crawls with goosebumps, his eyes darting around the room.

Jim, noticing Y/N's alarm, questions.

Jim: "What's wrong?"

Y/N, with a sense of foreboding, states firmly.

Y/N: "He's here."

As they process this, Strickler steps forward, his hand on Barbara's shoulder, his face etched with concern.

Strickler: "Barbara, you do have to leave. It's-"

Before he can finish, the sound of clanking cans from downstairs cuts through the tension, Strickler's worry mirroring the group's as they try to piece together the imminent threat.

The basement's ropes ignite in purple flames, and upstairs, can detonate into puffs of gray and purple, sending everyone diving for cover.

Jim: "The basement!"

Barbara, eyes wide with uncertainty, probes for clarity.

Barbara: "What's in the basement?"

The room is full of anticipation as the boys each exchange a glance with one another.

Strickler, catching his breath, reveals:

Strickler: "Draal was supposed to guard it."

Just then, the basement door groans open, and a black orb rolls out, emitting Angor Rot's eerie chants.

The house plunges into darkness as the orb releases bursts of purple electricity. Barbara, unable to hold back her fear, whispers:

Barbara: "What happened to the lights?"

Before anyone can respond, the house is alive with purple energy, ricocheting off the walls to the rhythm of Angor Rot's chants.

Now in the living room, Jim handles a flashlight, and Y/N stands ready, fists raised, while Strickler and Barbara crouch behind the coffee table, braced for what's next.

Barbara lets out a scream, panic edging her voice.

Jim: "Mom, stay close."

Barbara, her voice trembling, replies:

Barbara: "But I can't see you!"

A shadow crosses the flashlight beam, causing Jim and Y/N to yelp in surprise as Angor continues his destructive path.

When the flashlight is blasted from Jim's grasp, Y/N's patience snaps.

Y/N: "That's enough of this. For the glory of Morgana, daylight is mine to conquer!"

Jim, not to be outdone, calls forth his power:

Jim: "For the Glory of Merlin, Daylight is mine to command."

Their armors materialize, emitting a faint glow in the dim room, drawing Barbara's awestruck gaze from behind the table.

Barbara, in a calm tone of shock, murmurs:

Barbara: "Boys... you're glowing! H-How are you glowing?"

Jim, attempting to ease the tension, explains:

Jim: "It's armor, Mom."

Y/N: "It's a part of the job."

In the dimly lit room, Y/N and Jim, both clad in gleaming armor, ready their swords for the inevitable confrontation with Angor Rot. The silence is thick with pressure but no fear. Barbara, from behind the table, watches anxiously, whimpering.

Y/N: "Barbara, keep down!"

Strickler advises, "Stick to the plan. You two handle Angor!"

With his eerie agility, Angor Rot crawls along the ceiling, a silent predator. Suddenly, he lunges towards Jim, who, unable to fight effectively without his sword, struggles to dodge the attacks.

Y/N, recognizing Jim's predicament, steps in, sword clashing against Angor's knife.

Angor Rot taunts, his voice cold, "You did not run, brave hunters. But bravery can lead to a quick demise."

Jim: "Take her to safety! Now!" He instructs Strickler with a steely gaze.

Strickler, seizing Barbara's hand, dashes towards the basement.

Barber: "No! Not without them!" She yelled, her protests filling the air

But Strickler, focused on her safety, pulls her away, leaving Jim and Y/N to face their foe.

Angor Rot.

Jim begins to run up to Angor Rot, taking Angor's attention.

Taking the opportunity, Y/N swings his sword to land precise strategic strikes; however, these strikes aren't fast enough to damage Angor.

Angor Rot unleashes a powerful blast, targeting Y/N, who deftly avoids the attack. Jim, not far behind, aids in deflecting the blows, his efforts secondary to the intense and yet one-sided duel between Y/N and Angor.

Y/N, agile and determined, counters Angor's every move. Fueled by rage and revenge, Angor concentrates his fury on Y/N, trying to overpower him. Jim intervenes when he can, disrupting Angor's attacks and creating openings for Y/N to exploit.

In a moment of strategic prowess, Y/N disarms Angor, his blade twirling with Angor's knife and sending it flying elsewhere. Y/N, undeterred, continues to engage Angor, forcing him to react defensively.

Jim tries to sneak behind Angor with a triumphant and downward swing, but Angor sticks his hand out, the blade appearing in his hands, activating Jim's curse, rendering him powerless. Jim, seizing the moment, rushes to retrieve the crossbow equipped with the Lodestone.

Meanwhile, Y/N skillfully dodges and weaves, keeping Angor occupied and off-balance.

Jim fires the Lodestone-tipped arrow at Angor Rot. In a moment of both reflexes and skill, The Trollhunters Slayer catches the arrow who catches it, momentarily distracted by his disdain for the Trollhunters' tactics.

Angor Rot: "You have to be faster than that."

However, he soon realizes his mistake as the Lodestone's magnetic force activates, causing a whirlwind of metallic objects to fly toward him, engulfing him in a storm of clattering kitchenware and sharp implements.

Amidst the metallic onslaught, a refrigerator is propelled toward Angor, striking him with a heavy thud. While Angor is momentarily down, Y/N and Jim prepare for the next phase of their battle.

Emerging from the debris, Angor fixes his vengeful gaze on Y/N, his voice seething with contempt.

Angor Rot: "You think you can stop me with booby traps?"

Y/N, standing resilient, responds not with words but with a readiness to continue the fight. Jim, by his side, readies his mini twin blades. Both of them are set to face Angor's wrath, with Y/N leading the charge, embodying the role of Angor's true adversary.

Y/N deftly parries Angor's series of vicious attacks, the air crackling with the energy of their clashing blades. Despite the curse that limits him, Jim supports Y/N, diverting Angor's lesser blows and looking for openings to assist.

With a sinister focus, Angor unleashes a powerful thrust, aiming directly at Y/N, who narrowly avoids the strike, the miss sending Angor momentarily off balance. Y/N counters swiftly, but Angor's dark magic quickly responds, hurling Y/N against a wall with a forceful blast of energy.

With a dark chuckle, Angor Rot advances toward Y/N, who struggles against the magical bonds, pinning him to the wall. Seeing Y/N's plight, Jim tries desperately to intervene, but another magic blast repels him, knocking him to the ground and sending his blades skidding across the ground, keeping him at bay.

Jim: "No! Leave him alone!"

As Angor prepares to deliver a crippling blow to Y/N, a distraction comes unexpectedly: Strickler, in his changeling form, seizes the moment and launches an assault on Angor, his collar of removable metallic blades around his neck catching the dark sorcerer off guard as they're thrown at him.

Enraged and disoriented, Angor turns to face this new threat, allowing the teens a moment to rally. Jim charges at Angor, drawing his attention away from Y/N and allowing Strickler to strike again.

As Jim and Strickler navigate the chaos, Y/N rushes towards the staircase with Strickler and Jim behind him, their focus on Angor Rot's every move. However, before Jim can ascend far, Angor's hand shoots out, grabbing his ankle and yanking him down with a fierce tug.

Jim groans as he hits the stairs hard. Angor hovers over him, breathing heavily, his grip iron-tight on Jim's armor.

Strickler reaches the top of the stairs and whirls around, his eyes widening at Jim struggling against Angor. With a determined yell, Strickler launches himself, crashing onto a bookcase and forcing Angor to release Jim, sending the dark troll tumbling back.

Jim quickly scrambles up, bolstered by Strickler's aid, as they attempt to regain the upper hand. But Angor, undeterred and fueled by rage, emerges from under the furniture, throwing Strickler aside and bringing a fist to his face.

Y/N stands firm at the top of the steps, catching Angor's attention.

Y/N: "Hey! You hunt Trollhunters? Hunt me! Or did you forget that I destroyed your soul?"

Y/N's taunt hangs in the air, a challenge thrown directly at Angor. Meanwhile, Jim, seizing the moment of distraction, moves stealthily, preparing to strike.

Angor, consumed by fury, throws Strickler aside and dashes upstairs, his anger leaving a trail of destruction.

On the upper floor, Angor bursts into the first room he sees, only to find it empty except for a fire-breathing contraption that suddenly activates and belches flames toward him. Angor narrowly dodges the fire, his annoyance noticeable as he destroys the device with a powerful kick.

His eyes then fixate on Jim's room, a growl rumbling in his throat. The space is eerily quiet, the soft glow of the Stasis Trap stones the only light.

Unaware of the lurking dangers, Angor advances, dagger in hand. His mind is focused on finding Y/N and Jim and concluding their deadly game. His eyes flicker to the window, then scan the room.

Under his breath, Angor Rot mutters, "Nowhere to run now, Hunters."

He readies himself, not realizing Y/N is also there, hidden in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to strike and leverage his unique connection with Angor to turn the tide of the battle.

Y/N, from his strategic position, watches as Jim springs from concealment, darting towards the open window. With a triumphant laugh, Angor Rot charges after him, thinking he has the upper hand.

He chuckles, anticipating victory; he advances, and the Stasis Trap, previously unnoticed, activates.

Beams of yellow light burst from the stones, ensnaring Angor Rot as he raises his dagger, freezing him in place.

Jim cautiously approaches from his spot near the desk, observing the immobilized Angor with a mix of satisfaction and wariness. Y/N steps from behind the door as Strickler soon appears by their side, back in his usual form, his finger poised near the light switch.

Angor, caught in the trap, pants heavily, his eyes tracking Jim's every movement, the realization of his predicament setting in.

Jim: "Fell into your own trap. Ha! Thanks for the idea." He says as he smirks—a hint of triumph in his voice.

Y/N nods at Strickler, giving the signal. Purple UV lights flood the room with a click, bathing Angor in a glow reminiscent of sunlight. Smoke rises from Angor's form as he's pinned under the harsh light.

With a grim tone, Strickler announces, "UV lightbulbs, Angor Rot. Just like the sun."

Angor Rot, now trapped and weakened by the light, can only grunt and pant, the UV rays sapping his strength, rendering him powerless and exhausted under their relentless glare. Y/N, Jim, and Strickler stand ready, knowing that this strategic advantage could be the turning point they need to overcome Angor Rot finally.

Downstairs, Barbara, armed with a shovel, storms upstairs. Draal, groaning under the weight of a bookcase, manages to push it off and regain his feet, but Barbara is already past him, focusing solely on reaching her son.

As she arrives upstairs, Barbara finds the boys, momentarily relieved, standing around the trapped Angor Rot. Without hesitation, she swings the shovel with a protective ferocity, striking Angor and sending him crashing to the floor, much to the shock of Y/N, Jim, and Strickler.

Barbara: "Get away from my boys!"

The room freezes for a moment, the tension real. Jim, realizing the danger, urges her, "Mom, no! Get out of here!" He attempts to steer her away, but a sudden purple blast from Angor, who's recovering, disrupts the moment, narrowly missing them and exploding a light fixture instead, sending everyone reeling back.

Barbara screams again, her fear and confusion escalating as Angor, now on his feet, targets another light, inching menacingly toward Strickler and her.

When she turns to Strickler, her shock deepens upon seeing his proper troll form.

Barbara: "Walt?"

Jim, his anxiety spiking, watches as Angor, with renewed malice, advances with the dagger drawn. In a protective move, Strickler positions himself before Barbara, ready to shield her.

In a heart-stopping moment, Angor raises the dagger, but Strickler reacts swiftly, seizing Angor's wrist and halting the attack.

Angor grunts, struggling against Strickler's grip, as Jim rushes to his mother's side, pulling her away from the imminent danger.

"Get out of here!" as he leads Barbara from the room, "What about Y?N?" She asks while Jim entirely drags her out, leaving Y/N and Strickler to contend with Angor's menacing laughter.

Angor Rot, seizing an opportunity, slashes at Strickler's neck, causing him to cry out in pain. This injury, linked by their shared bond, also affects Barbara, who collapses in agony outside the room.

Despite his pain, Strickler quips, "Well, that didn't go as planned," while Jim, kneeling beside Barbara, calls out in distress, "Mom!" His face etched with concern, he braces for the next move in this unexpected and treacherous battle.

As Angor Rot gears up for a decisive blow, the room's atmosphere is electric with impending danger. Suddenly, Draal crashes in, his roar shaking the foundation, and he charges at Angor, diverting the assassin's deadly intent.

Draal's timely intervention gives Y/N and Jim the opportunity they need. Y/N, quick on his feet, joins Draal in the fray, helping to corral Angor against the wall. Their combined strength overwhelms the assassin.

Jim, meanwhile, checks on Barbara, concern etched on his face.

Jim: "Mom! Are you okay?"

Supporting her, they start to navigate the stairs, with Barbara clutching her side.

Barbara: "My side hurts. Why—?"

Looking back to ensure Y/N and Draal control Angor, Jim grabs his backpack.

Jim: "Come on, I have to get you out of here."

Y/N: "I'll meet you outside, go!"

They move towards the exit, Draal and Y/N holding Angor at bay. The grunts and roars from the tussle fill the air, their struggle resonating through the house.

Draal, straining against Angor's wrath, shouts at Y/N, "Go! Make sure they get out of here!"

Y/N nods and leaves just as Angor tries to grab at him, but Draal slams his long horns against Angor, pinning him against the wall and defending Y/N.

At the doorway, Strickler looks back, his face a mask of concern and determination.

Outside, Jim helps Barbara into the car, her breath heavy with pain.

Barbara groans, the discomfort evident in her voice.

Jim turns to Strickler, now at the driver's side of the car, concern evident.

Jim: "Are you okay to drive?"

Strickler, touching his neck, nods with grim assurance.

Strickler: "Motivated enough, I can do anything."

He slips into the driver's seat, ready to whisk them away from the danger.

Y/N, after ensuring Draal has Angor under control, quickly follows the rest, assisting Barbara into the car and then hopping into the passenger seat. His eyes are on the rearview mirror, watching the house fade into the distance, his mind already racing with plans for their next move against Angor Rot.

Barbara's coughing cuts through the tense silence in the car.

Jim, worried, asserts, "We have to get to the hospital."

Strickler, struggling with his discomfort, counters, "Can't! Our wounds won't be healed by modern medicine. We need to go to Trollmarket."

With the urgency clear, Strickler shifts the car into drive, speeding away from the chaos. In the process, he accidentally sideswipes a trash can.

Barbara, wincing in pain, murmurs, "Sorry. I messed things up."

Looking back at her with a mix of guilt and resolve, Jim reassures, "No, Mom. I'm sorry. We should've told you everything. Just hang in there, and everything will be okay, alright?"

Meanwhile, Y/N remains alert, his gaze fixed on the surrounding area, prepared for any sign of Angor Rot's pursuit.

Y/N: "Get ready, he's coming!"

In the driver's seat, Strickler's driving is erratic, the car swerving and hitting obstacles like trash bins. Jim leans forward, urging Strickler, "Focus!"

Strickler grunts, "I'm trying," as Angor continues his relentless pursuit, launching blasts at the car. Y/N, ready at the passenger side window, counters the attacks with defensive maneuvers, deflecting the blasts away from the vehicle with his blade.

Jolted by the near misses, Strickler mutters, "That'll wake one up," his focus sharpening as the chase escalates.

Angor Rot launches himself from the rooftops towards the car, continuing his assault. Strickler, spotting an opening, steers the car into the woods, finds a concealed spot to hide, and shuts off the engine. The group goes silent as they scan the area for their pursuer.

Her curiosity piqued despite the pain, Barbara asks, "Where did y-you guys learn how to... fight?"

Jim, maintaining a watchful eye, deflects gently, "Shh. I'll tell you all about it once I get you safe."

Strickler, coughing and catching his breath, suggests, "Perhaps now we call your friends. I think we lost him."

Y/N, his hand still on the door, ready to defend or flee, adds, "Let's not take any chances. We stay alert until we're sure he's gone." His tone is calm but firm, his protective instincts on full display as they navigate the difficult situation.

Y/N keeps a vigilant watch, yet from the corner of his eye in the distance, Angor Rot appears poised to strike. Jim, sensing the imminent threat, urges, "Go! Go! Go!"

Strickler spurred into action, fires up the car, its engine roaring back to life.

Jim commands, "Get to the bridge now!"

Strickler, fighting to maintain control, replies, "I'm trying to!"

The car jerks into reverse, hitting the road again with a clatter of another trash bin sent flying. Angor, relentless, pursues them on foot. Jim, desperate for help, fumbles with his phone.

Jim: "Toby! Open the door to Trollmarket now! He's right behind us!"

Jim's phone slips from his grasp as they navigate the uneven road.

Y/N takes on a protective role, scanning the environment for threats, ready to act. Strickler, visibly struggling, starts to fade, his consciousness waning.

Spotting an underpass, Jim, with a surge of hope, yells, "Go! Under the bridge!"

Groaning, Strickler maneuvers the car beneath the bridge, plunging into the shadowy canal below. Jim leans protectively over Barbara, ensuring her safety.

Jim: "Mom, stay with me! We're almost there!"

Alarmed by a sudden reflection in the windshield, Strickler gasps, "Y/N!"

Y/N: "I see him!"

Angor Rot appears atop the bridge, leaping onto the car's hood with a predatory grunt.

Jim exhales a frustrated sigh, "Oh, no, not again!"

Strickler pushes the accelerator to its limit and tries to shake Angor off, but the dark sorcerer clings on. In a swift move, Angor Rot reaches inside, grabs Him successfully, pulls him out of the car, and flips him upside down.

Jim: "Whoa! Whoa!"

In the skirmish, Y/N springs into action, leaning out of the car, his hand reaching for Jim. With quick thinking and deft movements, he aids Jim in breaking free from Angor's grasp.

Y/N, locked in a face-off with Angor Rot, stands on the edge of the speeding car, his focus razor-sharp. Inside, Jim and Barbara, with Jim now returned and pressed into the back seat, watch the battle unfold with bated breath.

Angor, his eyes burning with hatred and intent, advances on Y/N, who remains unflinchingly calm in the face of danger. Y/N, lacking a weapon, calls out to Jim, "I need a blade!"

Without hesitation, Jim hands Y/N one of his thigh blades, which Y/N catches deftly, readying himself for Angor's attack.

Sensing an opportunity, Angor Rot lunges forward, but Y/N, with expert timing, sidesteps and counters with a swift blade throw. The weapon whirls through the air, striking Angor and causing him to stagger back, his focus momentarily broken.

"Under the bridge!" Jim shouts to Strickler, who navigates the car under a looming bridge with a wheel jerk, throwing Angor off balance.

Angor Rot regains his footing, his eyes narrowing as he prepares another burst of dark magic. Y/N, now weaponless, braces himself, his defensive skills about to be tested to their limits.

As Angor releases the magic, Y/N leaps, dodging the blast with an agility that sends him tumbling back onto the car's roof. The vehicle swerves wildly, Strickler fighting to keep control as they barrel towards the hidden entrance to Trollmarket.

"Drive straight at the wall!" Y/N commands, his voice cutting through the chaos. Strickler accelerates, his eyes on the approaching wall, trusting in the unseen gate.

Angor, not to be deterred, leaps after the car, landing on the hood with a thud. Y/N, poised and ready, meets Angor's fury head-on, their clash a blur of motion and energy.

As they hurtle towards the wall of Trollmarket, Y/N, and Angor are locked in a fierce duel whose outcome will decide their fates and those of everyone in the car.

Strickler: "How do you know it'll open?"

Strained with urgency, Jim's voice admits, "We don't!"

As the car speeds toward the seemingly unyielding wall, Strickler's doubt grows, "It's not opening!"

Behind his shield, Jim braces for the collision, muttering desperate pleas, "Come on, Tobes! Come on, come on!"

Y/N stares at Angor Rot. The troll sends another blast of magic at Y/N, but this time, the Champion of Morgana ducks it and slashes at his legs, sending Angor Rot tumbling to the car's tail.

"Argh!" Angor Rot says as he holds onto the back of the car. Y/N, who stands over him, looks down at Angor Rot moments before they crash into the wall.

"Morgana can only have one champion," Y/N says; he slashes at Angor Rot, and the blade comes into contact with the troll's face. Angor Rot yells out in pain, hitting the ground. 

In the air, a glint hits Y/N's eyes as, ironically enough, the eye of Angor Rot is suspended in mid-air.

In a moment of reflexes and surprise, Y/N snatches the eye out of the air—an unintentional prize from his battle atop the car with the gruesome troll.

Y/N stabs his blade into the trunk as he prepares for impact.

Just as the car is about to hit the wall, Toby, having activated the entrance, races to the center of Trollmarket's gate. The vehicle crashes through the newly opened door, narrowly missing Toby, who screams.

The car tumbles down the stairs into Trollmarket, coming to a jarring stop in the bustling market's heart, drawing the troll community's astonished gazes.

As the car comes to a smoking halt, Jim emerges from the back, leaning against it for support. Y/N quickly deactivates his armor just as they crash through, the transformation allowing him a swift exit from the car.

A female troll, witnessing the dramatic entrance, gasps, clutching a static-filled TV, as whispers and murmurs spread through the crowd.

Toby, recovering from the shock, dashes down the stairs, pushing through the onlookers toward the wrecked vehicle.

Toby, breathless with concern, shouts, "Y/N, Jim!"

Jim, appearing from the other side, is carrying Barbara, his face etched with worry. Strickler, struggling with his injuries, manages to push the car door open, inadvertently sounding the horn, but he's too weak to extricate himself, which causes Y/N to help him out.

With a desperate tone, Jim calls out, "We need help! Please!"

The urgent plea echoes through Trollmarket, signaling a plea for aid as they confront the aftermath of their escape from Angor Rot.

Y/N: "Please!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.9K 2.9K 69
(originally) tales of Arcadia: Trollhunters x male reader Y/N is the older brother of jim, but also the Eternal Knight, a servant/slave to morgana. n...
1K 35 22
"𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐟𝐚𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥?..." . . . "𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐮𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐰..." . . . "𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬...𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞...
62.5K 1.6K 25
Your name is Y/N and you have a job as a reporter.You go to Arcadia Oaks high school along with your best friend Hannah. One day you come across a pu...
4.3K 329 32
"All that glitters is not gold, but all that is pure most certainly is." The Dark Ages are over. Camelot has been lost. Killahead is scattered. Those...