Love In The Fast Lane

By grandprixwriter

Lily has no interest and hates everything related to racing, too bad her best friend Sydney loves nothing mor... More

-meet the characters-
chapter 1: men that drive around in circles
chapter 3: meet my boyfriend danny
chapter 4: cotopaxi and leclerc
chapter 5: jealous?
chapter 6: the underwater welder
chapter 7: just friends...right?
chapter 8: lies have short legs
chapter 9: friends that occasionally kiss
chapter 10: kiss kiss kiss
chapter 11: waking up early can change your life
chapter 12: what happens on a yacht stays on a yacht?!
chapter 13: the girl in the pics...
chapter 14: missing you...
chapter 15: the melbourne grand prix
chapter 16: sarà perché ti amo
chapter 17: under the ibizan sun
chapter 18: truth or dare
chapter 19: birthday girl
chapter 20: he could be a formula 1 driver
chapter 21: our last day in ibiza
chapter 22: ushuaia
chapter 23: trouble in paradise?
chapter 24: a danny a day keeps bad news away
chapter 25: my girl on a hot lap

chapter 2: qualifying in monaco

1.1K 14 0
By grandprixwriter

The week has been going smoothly at the gallery, I had my first big sale of the month which I went out to celebrate with Syd and Ollie at our favorite Bar, I love living in Nice, you have the beach, tourists, and Monaco just around the corner, it's beautiful and although I miss my family sometimes, moving here was the best decision I've ever made after what happened... 

The main reason why I left home so suddenly when I was 20 was because my uncle died, his death came unexpectedly and changed my life, he was my role model, he wasn't like an uncle to me, he was more of a dad to me... My father died when I was 12 so my uncle was the only father figure I had since then.. I couldn't bear to see anything that reminded me of him when he died so I moved with Sydney to Nice...

---

Tomorrow is qualifying for the Monaco Grand Prix, Sydney wouldn't shut up about it which is how I know. My day was really great and as I was closing the gallery I didn't think anything could ruin this day, that was until I saw a text from Ollie in our group chat:

I felt terrible for Ollie, an accident involving a family member is no fun, I started to feel sick to my stomach thinking of my dad and uncle... I hope her mum is going to be alright...

As I made my way back home I received a message from Syd who left work at noon today.

She really does know me well...

I put away my phone as I arrive at my car, I stare at the sunset and think for a minute... I've known Sydney forever and know how important this is for her... if you don't know her you can't understand how strongly she loves Formula 1, her whole life is surrounded by it, literally...

I take out my phone again before I start typing again...

I smile at my phone knowing how happy she is at this very moment. As soon as I got home she jumped at me yelling and thanked me the entire evening. We had dinner and surprisingly her food was actually kinda good, usually, I'm the one who cooks, well more like "the one who orders take out" but tonight was beautiful, I love seeing my friends happy.

---

Of course, Syd was the first one awake on quali day running around the apartment like a maniac getting ready, "Have you seen my straightener?", she yells into my room, "If I say yes will you stop yelling at me?", I yawn at her, "What are you still doing in bed come on! We gotta go!", she scolds me and drags the blanket away from me, "You Monster" I run after her laughing.

We arrived at the track on time even though the drive was absolute chaos, who would've thought there would be a lot of traffic today, certainly not me since I was ready to go way too late, thank god we made it in time or Syd would have killed me.

We scan our paddock passes and Sydney, already with a smile on her face, strolls along the street, "This is so exciting I can't believe we're here!!" she twirls around and I can't help but laugh, "Come on I'll get your first pic at a Grand Prix", I take out my camera and she poses for me happily.

"Come on we have to go to the garages! I can't believe I'm saying that ah", Sydney excitedly yells as we make our way to the pit lane.

There are reporters, mechanics, and people everywhere, not a big fan of the masses but Sydney's already in the middle of it, I'm having real trouble keeping up with her, she's like a little kid on Christmas morning running down to get presents.

She stops in front of a garage with the number 16 in front of it, "I can't believe I'm standing here", she's speechless, "It's just a garage is it not?" I ask her, she turns at me with a shocked expression, "I'm ashamed to have you here with me" She laughs and I take out my phone, "Smile for Charles Le Clerk", I'm French, I obviously know how to pronounce the name but Sydney's reaction was more than worth it, "LECLERC!"

While looking around the pits we spot a few drivers, they're better looking than I thought, I get why Syd's a fan of the "sport". While Sydney's swooning over the empty Ferrari Garage I take a few pictures around the pit lane, when I take a few steps backward I bump into someone, "Oh my god I'm so sorry!", I turn around at the blonde woman I just ran into, "Don't worry, it gets busy around here, happens to everyone", with that she walks off. I go back to Sydney who's still roaming around the garage, "Soooo see any hot ones yet?", Sydney asks smirking at me, "Oh definitely, I saw a really great burger before entering the paddock", I reply as she rolls her eyes at me, "It's almost time, we can go to the Red Bull garage now to watch quali ahh", she drags me along the garages, as we walk past an orange garage I spot mechanics dressed completely in white in front of a vibrant orange backdrop, quickly I take a picture but the flash goes off, all heads turn at me and I awkwardly walk away.

After that awkward moment we headed to the Red Bull Garage and watched Qualifying, Sydney couldn't stand still, this was all she ever wanted to see and it made me happy to see her happy.

 After qualifying we got a cab to a nearby restaurant to finally eat something affordable. Out of nowhere, Sydney screams and the cab driver almost crashes, "I'm sorry!", she squeals at the driver, I look at my best friend confused, she looks like she just won the freaking lottery and I swear I see her eyes getting teary! With shaking arms, she types something in her phone and after a few seconds smiles like a freaking maniac at her phone before passing it over to me, I'm surprised she doesn't drop her phone because of how much she's shaking, "What the heck is going on Syd? You almost made our driver crash!", "I can't believe this is real!", she nods at her phone smiling, as I look down I finally see the reason she almost killed us:

"Oh my god", is all I can say, "You're seeing what I'm seeing right?? Charles Leclerc is flirting with me??", she almost shouts at me, "I mean I wouldn't call this flirting but he replied to your story! that's pretty sick!", I correct her but she just rolls her eyes at me and takes back her phone, "He winked at me!", she points at his message, "I can't even comprehend what you like about that guy, I mean he's not too bad looking but driving cars around in circles for a living? Come on", "Oh shut up Lily!", we both laugh as our Driver looks at us as if we're completely insane, which we suddenly turned out to be later that night...

---

"No no no, I don't want to", Syd cries at me, "You dragged me to your race and now you're going out with me, that's how it works, one hand washes the other", I explain to the girl laying on the couch, "aghhhh I hate you", she says while I pull her up and she goes to change, "No you love my Syd", she flips me off before disappearing into her closet.

As we arrive at our favorite club in Nice we spot a long line but we walk straight past and hug security at the door, "Simon you're an angel", Syd says after following me inside the club, speakers are blaring loud music, and everybody dancing, now this is what I like, "Let's get some shots", I say dragging Sydney over to the bar, "Okay but just one", we both agree and decide not to get completely waster tonight.

There we were, dancing in the middle of the dancefloor screaming along to Maria Maria as we were having the time of our lives

instagram.com

Money Money Money by Abba starts playing and while we are screaming along to the lyrics when a young blonde woman joins us to scream along, she looks familiar and as the song ends I put one-on-one together, "Have we met?", the woman asks me, "I knew I saw you before! Today at the race right?", the woman excitedly nods, "Oh yes! We ran into each other, hi I'm Heidi!", she hugs us both and after we've introduced ourselves we go to a more quiet area of the club with some drinks and talk about our day at the paddock.

"Okay so who's your favorite driver?", Heidi asks Sydney and I laugh at the question, "Oh you're neeeeever gonna guess it", I tell Heidi and all of us laugh, "How can I not love him he's amazing?", Syd tries to defend herself as a security guard approaches us, "Sorry ladies, this area of the club is closed today so you're gonna have to leave", "Oh no worries we were about to leave either way", Heidi explains disappointed but understanding as they leave the area and she leads the girls out of the club onto the street, "It was really nice seeing you again Heidi", I tell her as I hug her goodbye, "I knew you guys were the coolest people in there when I saw you were jumping around to Abba", Heidi tells us and we laugh as she looks around before bringing her attention back to us, "Who says the night has to stop here, wanna come to my apartment for some more drinks and conversations about Charles Leclerc?", she suddenly offers. Sydney and I look at each other, "I mean we have work tomorrow", Syd says, "But at the same time we might not see Heidi again sooo...", they all smile at each other before jumping around and calling a Cab

-Author's Note-

Hmmm.... Heidi... why does that name sound so familiar to me.... hmm, I wonder what'll happen when they get to Heidi's Apartment... NEXT CHAPTER UP ALREADY! Keep your engines running ;)

word count: 1906

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 7.1K 48
Lando's best friend, Alya Ricciardi, is a YouTuber and influencer with many fans all over the world. When she realizes that just traveling the world...
16.5K 257 31
What was supposed to be a healing journey from the stress of her last relationship turns into a new type of stress as Lexi gets entangled with her be...
469K 6.9K 65
Years after the death of Hervé Leclerc, his family faces a new challenge when they discover that there is one more sister, outside the marriage of th...
108K 2.1K 38
A year ago, their paths crossed unexpectedly and whilst timing and circumstances were completely against them, Lando and Baylee couldn't deny the con...