Red

By Bi_Barbie

Sadie love has always craved chaos and danger. However, she's stuck in a mundane, sensible reality thanks to... More

Sadie Love
Spencer Mayn

Dancing Diner

0 0 0
By Bi_Barbie

Staring blankly at the many books in front of me as I lay on my stomach in my satin pjs, my mind too clustered, studying seemed nearly impossible. I couldn't stop staring at the piece of paper with Spencer's number on it. Thoughts twirled around my head left and right as I fought myself on what to do. Do I call her? No. Definitely not. I don't want to come off too eager...I should definitely just ignore it. I cannot afford any drama. What if this is my sign? My time to take a leap and do something with risks.
      I know it's probably going to end up a mistake but I can't miss the opportunity. Somebody is finally interested in me! After much consideration I began to type the number into my phone. This is a bad idea.

Unknown phone number: Hey :)

A smiler face? Really Sadie? I should just delete it before she replies. My heart stopped for a moment when my phone lit up with a notification.

Spencer: who is this?

Unknown phone number: it's Sadie. From English?

Spencer: oh Blondie? I thought you hated me ;)

Blondie: I don't hate you...

Spencer: good 😘 have you made up your mind about next Friday?

Blondie: I'm still thinking

Spencer: guess I'll just have to persuade you x

Blondie: good luck with that

Spencer: see you tomorrow Blondie ;)

Blondie: byeeee

I exhaled harshly as if I'd been holding my breath the entire time. I found myself making up scenarios based on what she could've meant by persuading me...It's probably not what I'm thinking. She said she wanted to be friends. Just friends.
        A knock on my bedroom door snapped me out of my endless thought train. "Come in!" My mum appeared from behind the door with a soft smile. "How's studying?" She asked with a polite tone. I smiled to try and hide the fact I haven't done any studying since being home "it's alright...Mum?"  She came and sat at the end of my bed and turned her head slightly indicating for me to carry on. "I met a new friend today, her names Spencer" she gasped and clapped her hands with joy "that's amazing!" I giggled lightly at her reaction. "Well she's invited me to a little get together next Friday...And I was wondering if maybe I could go?"
        The smile fell from her face and was replaced with a more serious look "you know your father will not approve darling" I rolled my eyes. Although I shouldn't be surprised. "Not even for an hour?" She put her hand on my knee "I'm sorry Sadie, it's for your own good. He just wants to keep you safe and make sure you've got a good future" I started playing with my fingers, the way I always did when I was either nervous or upset. In this case, I was upset. Once again I was denied a chance to do something that's purely just for fun. "Okay" I muttered followed by a fake smile so my mum didn't see I was upset by her answer. "Alright dear, get some rest" she patted my knee lovingly before exiting my room.
       Laying my head down, I couldn't stop replaying my interactions with Spencer. There's so many things I want to know about her, my curiosity was aching to be satisfied. Who is she? What's the scar on her face from? What's her story? Spencer was written all over my mind. I looked at my clock and saw it was 12 am. Yeah I should probably get some sleep.
       Tossing and turning for what seemed like hours I opened my eyes. 1:30 am? Are you kidding me? With a groan I turned my back to my clock and proceeded to try to sleep. Again. More tossing, more turning, 2 am. This is pointless. Accepting defeat I switched my phone on and tried to entertain myself in hopes of me drifting off naturally. Like a pull, a force, my finger found itself floating over Spencer's name. Another bad idea...Why not?

Blondie: hey, you awake?

...

I knew it was a silly idea. Just as I closed my eyes again, my phone buzzed.

Spencer: I am, can't sleep?

Blondie: nope. How come you're up?

Spencer: I can't sleep myself, I wanna know why you messaged me with your sleep troubles

Blondie: I don't know...

Spencer: were you thinking about me blondie? ;)

Blondie: no...A little bit but not like that!

Spencer: calm down pretty, I was only messing with you haha

Spencer: I was thinking about you too

Blondie: why?

Spencer: because you're beautiful

Blondie: I'm not but thank you

[INCOMING CALL]

My whole body froze as the phone rang. I pressed answer with a shaking finger, my heart racing

"Hey"

"You don't think you're beautiful?"

"I ugh...No I guess not"

"Surely you must get hit on all the time!"

"Nope. Never"

"Then none of us have any hope"

"How come you called?"

"Just felt like it, you bored?"

"Of you or just in general"

"You wound me" she laughed "but seriously are you bored?"

"Kind of? Why?"

"Wanna go somewhere with me!"

"What? Now?"

"Yes now! Let's go somewhere!"

"Go somewhere at nearly 3 in the morning with someone I've just met? I don't think so"

"I promise I'm not a murderer"

"Yeah I know but I don't think it's a good idea"

"Okay, okay sorry. Can't blame me for trying"

"Another time?"

"Yeah"

"You should probably try get some sleep"

"You're probably right"

"Goodnight blondie"

"Night"

And with that the call was over. A sigh left my mouth as I turned to my side. Finally tiredness took over and dreams began to flow into my resting head.

Running. Breathless, sweat, fear. What did she want from me? "You can't run from me! I'm faster, I'm stronger and I'm smarter!" Her words pierced through me with a shock of terror while my tired feet carried me as fast as humanly possible away from the blood painted woman through the dark, eerie forest. Overcome with exhaustion, my legs could no longer hold me and I met with the wet mud. Panic set in pushing my body to fight. My breathing became heavy as I struggled to get myself back up. Turning onto my stomach, I attempted to lift myself off the slippery ground. "Found you" before I could react, I was being flipped over. "No! No! Please!" I pleaded with every bit of strength I had left but I knew. I knew from the chilling, merciless look in her hungry eyes that I was going to die. Her tongue glazed her lips causing the blood to smudge over them making a light red gloss. "I like the sound of you begging" her cold, strong hand forced my head to the side causing me to scream in fear. I started trying to fight my way out of her crushing grip but it was useless. "You're mine Sadie love and if you won't be mine, I'll make sure you can't be anybody's" within seconds I felt the sharpest pressure on my neck and as my blood drained away, so did my hopes of surviving. My screams became more and more faint, everything was more like a dream than something I was actually experiencing, the pain was less intense, I began to feel peace as my body accepted death. "Now you will always be mine and only mine"

no no no "no!" I shot up so I was sitting in a pure panic, looking around frantically. My heavy breathing started to calm down as I scanned my surroundings finding my neatly organised book stand, the cream wardrobe with no clothes hanging out, my spotless cream carpet and my dressing table. I closed my eyes inhaling slowly and letting out a relieved sigh. It was just a nightmare...The most realistic nightmare I've ever had. it was like I was feeling everything that was happening. The terror, the weakness in my legs, the pain...The life draining from my body. I glanced at my clock and groaned at the sight, guess I'm getting ready for college.

I walked over to my wardrobe and shoved a grey hoodie and black leggings on. I felt like being comfortable and my lack of sleep made me too tired to even bother trying so I put my hair in a bun and made my way downstairs.

"good morning" I greeted my mum with a tired smile as I entered the kitchen. "morning dear, you look exhausted, did you sleep well?" I opened my mouth about to respond but I was cut off by a buzz coming from my mum's phone. Her eyebrows pulled together as her face turned into frown "oh honey, no busses are running today, you're going to have to walk today" this is just what I needed. My luck is just terrible today. "Has dad left already?" I asked noticing his absence "yes, work called and asked him to go in early, it was some sort of emergency" my mouth turned into an 'O' shape. "Guess I'll head out then" I walked over to my mum and gave her a light kiss on the cheek before leaving the house.

On my walk to college, I felt a buzz in my pocket. I pulled out my phone to see a message from spencer. My heat jumped slightly with glee before even reading the text. Calming down from my excitement I focused my attention onto what she had said.

Spencer: Hey blondie

Blondie: Hey :)

Spencer: you okay?

Blondie: nope. busses aren't running so I'm walking to college

Spencer: well we can't have that. Where are you? I'll give you a ride

My heart did another flip at her offer. I sent the location of the shop I had stopped outside and decided to sit on the green bench just in front of the building. While I waited anxiously for Spencer to get here, I decided to message Tara.

Ady <3 : you'll never guess what's happening rn

Tara :) : WHAT!?!?

Ady <3 : I'm about to get a lift off Spencer!

Tara :) : NO WAY! How did this happen? You better tell me everything that happens :)))

Ady <3 : nothing's going to happen haha

A beep snatched me out of concentration on my phone causing my head to look up and see a black Mercedes. The window rolled down and Spencer's face appeared "Somebody need a ride?" she said in a playful manner, a smirk painted on her stunning, pale face. I skipped over to her car and sat down while my heart pounded so loud I fear she would hear it. The car began to move and I broke the silence "Thank you for picking me up" throwing a nervous smile at Spencer. She briefly looked at me before returning her eyes to the road "no problem, you look cute today" those words caused a blush to colour my cheeks and I reverted my eyes to the window while my brain tried to come up with something else to say. The piercing silence lingered, my hands found themselves anxiously playing with each other, in the corner of my eye I saw Spencer glance over again. "Don't be nervous, you're safe with me" her soft tone calmed me down slightly. I looked back out the window, my eyebrows furrowed "we just went passed the college, what are you doing?" I turned to look at the side of her face and of course she was smirking once again. "Don't worry your pretty head" my eyes rolled and I started panicking. "We cannot skip, we'll get into trouble! My parents will literally kill me!" Spencer laughed lightly and placed her hand on my thigh, butterflies fluttered in my stomach. "calm down, I promise they won't know and we're gonna have some fun" I leaned back into my seat and covered my face with my hands followed by a groan. I brought my hands to my thighs and sighed, calming down. "Fine, where are we even going" I keep saying I want to break free from this picture perfect image that has been drilled into me and this is just a small step. I deserve this. I deserve to feel like a normal 19 year old and have some fun. "You'll see blondie" although there was a smile on her face, her eyes still seemed so deep. There seemed to be no way of reading them, like they're an endless cave and all her emotions had been thrown in.

The rest of the journey was filled with small talk and listening to the radio. "we are here!" Spencer said excitedly, we pulled up next to a café with a neon pink sign that read 'Dancing Diner'. She turned to me with a grin "are you ready?" her excitement rubbed off on me and I couldn't help but nod with a big smile. We made our way into the retro diner and my eyes widened as I took in my surroundings. The floor had a black and white checkered pattern like a chess board, each pink painted wall had neon signs, one shaped like a coffee cup, one shaped like music notes and the other had an inspirational quote. The booths had black leather seats with pink glittered tables. In the corner there was a jukebox. "This place is amazing!" Spencer smiled and raised her eyebrows "I told you we were going to have fun"

She guided me over to a booth with one hand placed lightly on my lower back and it sent a chill down my spine. We sat down and I picked up a menu to see what I wanted. However, it was snatched from my hands. "We don't need this, I know exactly wat we're going to have!" I sat back and rolled my eyes playfully. Before I could continue to talk, a young, brunette waitress in a knee length yellow tea dress with a white apron approached the table with a notepad and pen at the ready. "Hello Spencer didn't expect to see you so soon" it was hard to ignore the worried tone in the last part of her sentence, I brushed it off, I'm probably overthinking...I do that a lot. I even ignored the way her eyes switched from Spencer to me with concern. Spencer didn't seem phased which calmed my thoughts down. I'm just being paranoid, the fact I'm skipping college with a really attractive girl is messing with my brain. "Hey Kelly, can we have the blood cherry milkshake with a side of loaded fries?" Kelly began writing the order down and sighed "of course, coming right up" she gave us a fake smile and walked away. My eyebrows pulled together as I tried to make sense of her manner, Spencer seemed to notice because I felt her cold hand on top of my own. "She's always like that, don't think the woman likes her job very much" her reassuring words calmed down my anxiety and I decided to let the weird encounter slide.

The waitress who was acting weird came back to the table with our order. "Enjoy" we thanked her and once again she walked away. I took a sip of the red milkshake that had whipped cream and a cherry on top. "You didn't order yourself anything?" due to the concentration on the waitress, I didn't even click in that she had only ordered for me. There was a tiny speck of panic in her eyes for a split second, if you blinked you could easily miss it. "I wasn't hungry" her confident demeanour showed again as she adjusted her position so she was leaned back with one arm resting on the back of the bench. "So why did you decide to bring me here if you're not hungry?" she looked around and gestured to the diner "I had a feeling you'd like it plus I know the staff so we get free stuff" thinking nothing of it, I grabbed a chip and started eating.

Spencer looked over to the waitress that served us and she signalled her over with a serious expression on her face. "I'll be back in a minute" without letting me respond, she left the table and disappeared round a corner with the waitress. I was left with an unsettled, confused feeling as I had no idea what was going on. Whatever it was, it was none of my business...I couldn't stop the worry that was settling into my mind.

It had been about ten minutes before she remerged from the corner and sat back down. "What was that about?" I attempted a calm, unbothered tone in my voice and it must have worked because she replied back with a smile and quietly said "nothing" but I wasn't satisfied with her answer. "It didn't look like nothing" the mood changed when Spencer slammed her hand on the table causing a loud bang that made everyone in the diner look over at us. "Can you just drop it! I said it was nothing!" taken back by her outburst I reverted my eyes to my lap and I started playing with my fingers again. A look of guilt washed over her face "look I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell" her tone was soft and filled with regret. "It's fine, can we go back now? Think I'm done now" I avoided eye contact as my words came out timid. "Yeah, yeah of course"

The car ride back to college was silent. Deadly silent. Heavy emotions filled the air and made it nearly unbearable to breathe in. We pulled up outside the college but neither of us moved from our place like we were frozen in place. The silence was broke by a sigh "I am sorry" I looked at her and saw she was sincere. "It's okay, shall we go in?" she smiled at me and placed her hand on my thigh again "you go. I've got some things to do" and with that I left the car while exchanging quick 'goodbyes' and I made my way to the college.

I caught sight of Tara exiting a classroom and her eyes widened, smiling ear to ear. She ran over to me and embraced me with a tight hug. "Where have you been and tell me everything!" while walking to the cafeteria, linked, I told her everything and tried to unravel all the weird stuff that happened with Spencer.

Thanks so much for reading

sophie x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.1M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
425K 23.7K 17
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
1.8M 114K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
52.8M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...