His Stories // The Storyteller

dwale_onetaraxia tarafından

story /ˈstɔːr.i/ plural: stories noun 1. An account of imaginary or real people and events told for entertain... Daha Fazla

ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪsᴛ
ᴛᴀɪʏᴏ
𝟎
ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ʜᴜɴᴛᴇʀ sᴍᴏᴋᴇʀ

ᴀᴋᴀɢᴀᴍɪ ɴᴏ sʜᴀɴᴋs

7 2 0
dwale_onetaraxia tarafından

"To hell with the consequences"

IT was a night when he had no training and Taiyo was sitting in the crow's nest next to little Shanks, who was doing the night watch.

It was a beautiful sky, illuminated by stars and with just a few very thin clouds. The ocean was calm and there were no islands or ships in sight.

The red-haired boy was leaning against the mast on the port side while the raven teen occupied the starboard side.

They were sitting still and saying nothing.

It wasn't necessary: there was so much peace that they could just let their thoughts wander and the time would pass.

"Hey, Shanks-ya..." the golden-eyed one began, clenching his hand into a fist.

This was a good time to try out his other ability.

Heliokinesis.

"Yes?"

"Do you want to hear a story?", he opened his palm and a large number of small glowing balls floated out to provide more light around him.

They were tiny suns.

And Shanks remembered the whispers he had heard at his house in West Blue.

Whispers he had heard all over the Blues and even on the Grand Line.

It was a warning to anyone who encountered the Storyteller.

With wide eyes he turned to look at the boy and he turned as the tiny glowing orbs surrounded them.

Never in his life had he been so scared and intrigued at the same time.

Shanks stared at the boy occupying the crow's nest with him. No words came out of his mouth.

The little suns around him floated still.

He didn't know what to say.

Should he let him tell a story?

The warning said so.

Should he confirm his identity first?

After all, he couldn't be sure- Hmph, who was he kidding?

Of course, he was the Storyteller . No one else could make those little sun balls with a wave of his hand.

"I don't know what they have said about me, but know that things are always exaggerated and twisted throughout history", the young man spoke with a smile. "Right now I just want to tell a story to pass the time. Do you want to hear it?"

"O-Okay..." Shanks let out a stutter.

"Well, which one would be good...? This is the first story I tell, you know?"

Shanks could only gape at him in shock.

"The f-first...?"

"Yes. The Narrator goes from sea to sea and from time to time and not necessarily in any particular order. This is the first place I'm in and this is the first story I've told", Taiyo responded with a shrug, as if he wasn't giving the boy shocking information. "Now, let's see..."

The older man smiled and pressed the tips of his fingers under his chin. His dark eyes closed as he made the decision.

"There is a boy who lives in a small town. The town is quite surrounded by a peaceful ocean. But it is still an ocean, whose power should not be underestimated. The boy has big dreams, bigger than himself. He wants to be a pirate, the greatest of all. The townspeople aren't sure where those dreams went to his head, the boy's grandfather is a sailor after all, and no matter how much they try to convince him otherwise, the boy's head won't turn".

The little orange and reddish suns danced around him as Taiyo continued his story.

It was perfect.

He was lazy enough not to change the course of history, but when the events told actually happened, people were able to recognize them for what they were.

"Maybe part of the impossibility of the task is that they don't understand why the child wants to be a pirate. Is it the treasure? Maybe. Is it the fights? No. Is it the adventure? Partially. Are you defying the law and rules? Near."

The teenager smiled widely.

"Above all, the boy wants to trust his nakamas, with whom he shares adventures and freedom. Because the best pirate of the seas is the one who has the most freedom, not the one who is strongest or the one who has conquered the most. The freest pirate... No, the freest person on the seas is something to really pursue. But the villagers don't understand that. They are inhabitants of the earth. They are happy with their life in their small community. They have everything they want. But the Free Child wants more. He wants to see everything there is. He wants to pursue dreams instead of being bound and chained by rules and responsibilities."

Below on the deck, Roger and Rayleigh watched the light show as the Storyteller's voice reached them.

They were fascinated by the story he was telling.

"Sounds like such a little boy...", Rayleigh hummed." I wonder if we will ever find it in these seas..."

"Maybe you can, Ray, but we both know I don't have much time. A story like that is far, far away in the future", Roger chuckled. "But I can see him pursuing the legacy he plans to leave behind".

"One day, a group of pirates dock at the town's small fishing boat port, led by Singular Captain. The Free Child is excited, he wants to go with them to the seas. His exact dream is not yet fully formed, but he knows who wants freedom. That's why the Free Child listens to the stories the pirates tell and applauds them when they show their skills. A year is how long the pirates stay around the waters of the town, visiting it regularly. A year in which the Free Child has time to strengthen his resolve. A year in which Singular Captain denies the Free Child's request to join his crew. The Free Child is too young to understand the dangers of the sea. 'First he needs to grow up', that's what Singular Captain thinks."

Taiyo turned to the red-haired future Yonko.

"So, it is time for the pirates to leave the city. The Free Child has had time to reflect on everything he has learned during the year and so he declares his dream to Singular Captain. He will become the greatest of the pirates. And he tells him He will show how strong he is. He will be freer than anyone. And Singular Captain smiles. It is a promise. A promise that will shake the world as time goes by. And Singular Captain does not doubt the Free Child's words for a second. 'Become great and we'll meet again', is what Singular Captain says before the ship departs. The Free Child cries as the sails disappear behind the horizon but he knows that's not the end. No, it's just a little pause before the beginning of his own adventure."

The little suns, bright as fireflies, gathered in the Storyteller's palms and he closed them. When his hands opened again, the lights had gone out. The tall teen looked at the redhead behind him and smiled slightly as he watched him fall asleep.

"Good night, Akagami no Shanks. Become a great captain too".

...

Free Child: Luffy.

Singular Captain: Shanks.

~~~

Beware, dear town, of the Storyteller bold,

With eyes of gold, his tales are told.

He sails the seas, a wanderer free,

Bringing stories of past and destiny.

"Do you want to hear a story?" he'll ask with grace,

A question to ponder in any place.

But heed this warning, never decline,

For his tales hold truth, both yours and mine.

In his words lie power, they shape and they mould,

Changing fates with stories untold.

Each tale he spins, a thread in time,

Weaving futures, both dark and sublime.

So gather 'round, let his words ring clear,

For the Storyteller brings truths to hear.

In small-town whispers, let his legend be,

But beware his tales, for they hold the key.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

4.7M 253K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
28.8M 914K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
307K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
11.4M 296K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...