[VOLUME 1] N.E.X.U.S. : Incep...

Ubiquitunox

In an unexpected turn of events, Dresden Hawthorne, an ordinary high school student, is thrust into an extrao... Еще

Chapter 1: The Encounter In The Darkening Twilight
Chapter 2: The Showdown In The Tavern
Chapter 4 : The Night's Trial: Friendship and Struggle Beneath The Stars
Chapter 5: Trials of Valor: Courage, Friendship, and Sacrifice
Chapter 6: Path to The Warriorhood
Chapter 7: The Mastery's Path - Training and Bonds
Chapter 8: Friendship Under the Sunset Sky
Chapter 9: The Bond in Sword Training
Chapter 10: Twilight of the 'Beast' Sword
Chapter 11: Four Sword Masters and the Wrath of the Sacred Blade

Chapter 3: The Girl of Suffering

4 0 0
Ubiquitunox

The tense night, engulfed in raging flames of anger, reached its climax. Yet, suddenly, the prevailing atmosphere shifted as a voice, soft yet resolute, resonated through the stillness of the night.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah.... you rude knights. Have you not learned proper manners when addressing a lady or a girl, even if she's a warrior?" a knight clad in armor retorted from the back corner of the bar.

"Shut up, we are not dealing with you," replied some of them.

"Well, perhaps, but you are causing trouble for my friend, and I cannot let that slide," the man declared.

"Hyperion? Is that you?" Val exclaimed with a hint of surprise.

"Oh, hi Val. Long time no see, just like you, I've only returned recently, last night actually. It's fortunate to meet you again. And it's also fortunate that I can teach these folks a lesson," Hyperion replied.

Without hesitation, he leaped onto one of the still-standing tables, poised himself, drew his sword from its scabbard, and prepared to attack them.

"Are you willing to correct your behavior and promise not to be rude again, especially to this lady?" he asked, his gaze piercing.

"Who are you? We'll never submit to anyone, including arrogant warriors like you," one of them from the front retorted.

"Very well, if that's what you want," he said curtly.

He took three small steps back, approaching the edge of the table, then leaped forward, and in a flash of light, he slashed the abdomen of ten among the group with his sharp sword, piercing through their armor and causing them severe injuries.

"Damn, who's this strong knight guy daring to mess with us?" one of them exclaimed upon seeing their comrades injured.

"Come on, are you going to retract your words now? Or does anyone else want to fight me again?" Hyperion challenged.

"Stop," Val cried out, "please stop."

"Val, calm down, don't worry, people like them need to be taught a lesson," Hyperion replied.

"No, you're wrong. I accidentally shot their clan leader with an arrow earlier today, and I have to face them to be accountable for what I've done. You know we must reap what we sow, we can't blame others for what we do," Val said softly.

"But they've gone too far, Val. How many times will you be insulted and oppressed by them?" Hyperion asked.

Unnoticed, one of them immediately lunged and stabbed Hyperion who was debating with Val, and the stab hit his chest. He fell to the floor, bleeding profusely.

"Hyperion!" Val yelled, "please, hang in, stay with me, open your eyes..., please," she cried out desperately, then stood up and faced them.

What she did next surprised me greatly. She stood, her face still bowed and tears streaming down, walked towards them with steps full of anger, then shouted, "Listen, you demons, I know I'm at fault, but you're the ones who started it. You've always been disrupting my life and hurting my friends. What do you really want? You don't like me, face me! You don't need to pick a fight with someone I care about, you rotten eggs! I'm sick of saying this, but you're just losers. If you want to hurt me, do it now, and don't bother my friends in the future." She raised her head and stared deep into their eyes with tears of frustration flooding her face.

"Val, don't..." Hyperion groaned as he tried to keep himself conscious.

She wiped her tears, looked back at us behind her with a smile, then turned back to the clan and said, "Do it! I'm ready to face you. Whatever the consequences, I accept. Face ME, now."

Time stood still for me at that moment. I felt so desperate when I found that my words had changed the fate of a girl. I was too transfixed and speechless, only able to watch this scene, as if in slow motion.

However, when one of them raised his sword, suddenly a loud voice of a man from outside the bar broke the tension.

"You rude warriors! I'm ashamed of you, and I don't think you're knights I can be proud of. After hurting others without reason, and showing no respect to a woman, you are filthy in my sight. Didn't you take an oath the first time you served? " the middle-aged man with scars on his forehead said with great anger. Time flowed back into me and filled my body, demanding my full attention.

"Step back, all of you, return to your headquarters, and take your injured friend with you, never come back to this place, or you'll never imagine the punishment I'll give you, understand? And, apologize, now!" he shouted with a thunderous voice.

"Roger, executing commander," they immediately retreated and carried their injured friend out of the bar, albeit with angry and vengeful faces.

"We apologize," they who were still conscious said with a displeased tone then left the bar.

"Please accept my apologies for the behavior of my men. They have been bold and disrespectful to all the patrons of this tavern, especially to this young warrior and her friends. I regret not providing proper guidance to one of the clans under my authority," he said, bowing his head in remorse, "Stretcher, quickly! Take this knight and treat his stab wound."

Two individuals who appeared to be medical personnel arrived and immediately carried Hyperion on a stretcher to a tent.

The man continued, 'Kid, are you alright? Don't worry, your friend will be fine. I also apologize that my men have troubled you by picking fights with your friend, and even hurting your friend.'

"Hyperion... he's been too kind to me, why did he let himself get hurt just to protect me? And why do I always fail to protect the people I care about? Why?"Val cried out, tears streaming down her face.

At that moment, I felt overwhelmingly guilty. A new warrior, who had barely arrived that night in an unfamiliar place, had brought disaster into the lives of others, and wounded the heart of a girl.

I shed tears, and with sincerity and regret, I knelt beside her and apologized, 'Forgive me, Val. This is all my fault. If only I hadn't said anything at that moment, I'm sure the arrow you shot wouldn't have hit their clan leader, and it wouldn't have caused such a big problem. I know your intention was only to threaten them so they would release Orion. Please forgive me.'

Still shedding tears, Val replied, "No, this has nothing to do with you, with Orion, or even Hyperion. This is all my fault. I've brought many enemies into my life and caused trouble for those closest to me. I apologize for troubling you all... maybe I'm destined to not be able to be friends with anyone," she said softly.

Orion, who had been silent and despondent, also spoke up, with sadness and regret he said, "Val, never speak like that, it's not your fault. I'm too weak, so I always seek your help wherever I go. And you're always there for me, even if it means trouble for you. I hope I never cause any more trouble in your life. I apologize sincerely, Val. You're too good, and I'm just a lowly and weak warrior who always relies on you. I promise I'll stand on my own and no longer trouble you."

Val replied, "No, no, don't say that. It's me who has chosen that I... I will always be there for you all, to protect you. Let me be useful at least to those closest to me. Call me, involve me, let me fight for you, always...,"  she couldn't continue her words and just continued crying.

"All of you are people I care about, and never say that you don't deserve my help...," she gathered all her strength to continue a little, "... or maybe I shouldn't have existed at all."

I answered her, "Val, never say that. You've been too kind and we've burdened you too much. You shouldn't blame yourself for what happened. This is all my fault, and you've borne the burden..."

Orion cut in, "No Hector, it's all because of me. I'm too weak so she's always there to protect me and gets into trouble because of me."

Val stopped crying and began wiping her tears away. "You, all of you..., are the best friends I could ask for. I'm so happy to have met you all. Let's... check on Hyperion's condition," she tried to stop her sobbing.

Orion and I nodded, and Mr. Dimitri and the other patrons smiled with emotion. '"es, let's forget what happened...," I reached out my hand to Val. Val took my hand, and her hand was very cold.

She tried to gather her strength to stand up, and...

Bang! Val fell to the floor unconscious. She had exhausted all her energy because of everything that had happened.

'Val, wake up Val..., Val....' the cry echoed throughout the tavern, seeping into every corner with its despair. The tense atmosphere turned to panic, and prayers for Val to wake up filled the room.

Mr. Dimitri hurriedly ran to the medical tent where Hyperion was being treated, and called for assistance. Several attendants came and tried to lay her flat, elevate her legs, provide artificial respiration, and remove any equipment that might obstruct her breathing.

That night, the atmosphere felt so suffocating and empty, woven into the humid and dark air. Amidst the darkness enveloping and the sounds of owls that sounded like lamentations, my heart felt a piercing sadness, as if the world itself shared in the suffering that Val was experiencing. That night, it was a night I would never forget, because I had caused a girl to be hurt, a beautiful and cheerful girl named Valkyrie.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer:

This story is purely a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual persons, places, institutions, or events in the real world is purely coincidental. The author has endeavored to present information related to scientific applications and facts as accurately as possible, yet it cannot be avoided that certain modifications have been intentionally made for the sake of the storyline.

It is important to note that scenes in this story are not recommended to be imitated without professional supervision as they may pose risks to oneself or others. Interpretation of this work is the responsibility of the individual reader, not the author.

Therefore, it is advised for teenagers to seek guidance from parents or caregivers when reading this story.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

229K 9.7K 34
When an Alien ship came to anchor just outside Earth's atmosphere and contacted humans for the first time, the whole planet was in an uproar. People...
Exile: The Book of Ever James Cormier

Научная фантастика

81.9K 5.6K 30
Centuries after the Fall, the United States has been wiped away. The crumbling remains of the great American empire are home now only to savage, lawl...
Dark paradise Malak Tak

Фэнтези

1K 357 10
In a world where the line between humans and supernatural beings is blurred, a young werewolf named Nyx goes on a thrilling adventure of love, betray...
259K 12.7K 62
Abandoned and left to die, a human girl must fight to survive on an alien planet filled with monsters that want to kill her. That is until she meets...