𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐅...

By forestfae7

❝ You are quite the character Mr. Edgeworth. I do not understand what you have done to me, or what caused the... More

| 01 |
| 02 |
| 03 |
| 04 |
| 05 |
| 06 |
| 07 |
| 08 |
| 09 |
| 10 |
| 11 |
| 12 |
| 13 |
| 14 |
| 15 |
| 16 |
| 18 |
| 19 |
| 20 |
| 21 |
| 22 |
| 23 |
| 24 |
| 25 |

| 17 |

23 2 0
By forestfae7

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ||
𝑴𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑺 𝑬𝑫𝑮𝑬𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑻𝑯

【( 17 )】

Vivienne was utterly exhausted from the night before, having to still come to work the following day.

She'd missed too many days, and it was starting to show.

Vivienne dragged herself to work, throw her bag on her chair, and succumbed to the comfiness of her chair. No matter how much makeup to put on today, the bags under her eyes knowingly wanted to make its appearance known.

So when Officer Gumshoe came to Vivienne holding a cup of coffee, it didn't surprise her, "I look that bad huh?" She took a sip of the warm, caffeinated drink that intoxicated her lungs by the smell.

"No! Not at all!" Gumshoe immediately raised his hands in protest, trying to find any way out of this situation. "Oh, I'm only kidding with you!"

"Oh my, what happened to you?" A voice was heard before a knock was sprung, in coming a concerned looking Edgeworth whose beading eyes didn't fail to notice the tiresome look plastered on the young woman's face.

Vivienne wanted to bury her face right then and there into her paperwork and never escape. She didn't have the energy, nor time, nor patience to deal with Miles today.

In fact, she was getting pretty exhausted with the constant bickering between the two.

Detective Gunshoe sent a worrisome look towards Miles, confused as to how someone could be so blunt towards such a kind and well-deserving person. Though he wanted to say something, Gumshoe didn't have the guts to speak out against Edgeworth; in fact, he'd probably make the rest of his week hell if he even attempted.

"Thanks, I really needed that," Vivienne sighed, rubbing both her eyes together as she replied sarcastically to Miles who was taken aback by the change of tone. He was always so use to this usual perky, cheerful person but today, she seemed to be the complete opposite. She was exhausted, and she looked the part.

Vivienne took a large swing of her coffee in an effort to soothe the exhaustion with caffeine, only to find herself feeling a tight pain on her tongue. "Shoot," She coughed out, holding her hand firmly against her mouth in an effort to soothe the burning sensation.

Edgeworth immediately went into action, grabbing a cup of water from the hallway outside her office and bringing it up to the maiden, without a second thought. "Open," He commanded towards the young deputy whose hand went limp, loosing sudden sensation, and well, control over it. Confused, Vivienne obeyed the five foot ten man who towered over her seated frame, her mouth parting ever so slightly.

His fingers caressed her chin lightly, forcing her to gaze up into his drooling grey eyes as the coolness of his skin warmed against her own. The sense of reality fluttering out the window as Vivienne lost herself in him. His gaze was harsh, yet there was a gentle kindness, filled with almost a silent reassurance.

The cool liquid soothed the searing pain, filling her tastebuds with numbness, but it was his invigorating touch that sent chills down her spine.

Miles was just as equally enchanted by her glowing brown orbs shining up to him, ensuring that the world isn't as cruel as he sets it out to be. He wanted to glide his hand down her hair, brushing a piece of it behind her ear; but quickly fought against it. Time seemed to stand still as they shared this intimate moment, the chaos of the buildings chatter fading into the background.

However, just as quickly as the moment came, it went as Detective Gumshoe awkwardly, and purposefully, cleared his throat. His face burning red from the tension in the room, wanting nothing more but to escape this room and never talk about this incident again.

A cough broke the spell between the two as Miles gently pulled himself from Vivienne's personal space. Bewildered and embarrassed, Vivienne expelled herself from the seat she was in, "Um thank you," She muttered under breath, feeling her cheeks flush with heat. She was sure her cheeks were bright red by now.

Miles found it entertaining how the young Deputy flustered over him, and he found himself starting to enjoy her presence. Though his heart was pounding in his chest, he managed to formulate a cocky smirk, "You should really be more careful next time," he said softly, a hint of concern tinged in his voice. Settling the cup on her desk, he gave Vivienne one last glance before trudging towards the door, not before turning around to face the woman one more time, "Do stop by my office later. I have something we need to discuss."

And with that, the young prosecutor was gone, leaving Vivienne to ponder what in the world just happened.

"What. Just. Happened?" And apparently Detective Gumshoe was thinking the same thing, "Are you guys together or something now?"

"Who? Me? And Edgeworth? No. Ha, no, never. Not going to happen. Nope."

"Right," Gumshoe sarcastically stretched out, having a feeling this wouldn't be the last he sees of the two. In fact, he was willing to bet money that the two would hit it off, at least once. He didn't see it lasting very long, knowing how cold the prosecutor can be, but perhaps this woman would be the one to change him.

Nah, Gumshoe thought, remembering the countless years of torture he's endured due to his family name. The whole bunch of them were cold, heartless prosecutors with almost little to no empathy. It's like their sense of ego was too big that they didn't have enough emotion to fill their big heads.

"Anyways, Chief wants you down to interrogate," Gumshoe stated, letting Vivienne finally settle down as the blood from her cheeks cooled down to its usual pasty skin tone. "And you didn't lead with that?"

"You looked a little busy smooching it up Mr, Edgeworth."

Vivienne was taken aback by the sudden sass in Gumshoes tone, and he noticed it immediately, "Please don't fire! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Vivienne chuckled at the detective who was too gullible for his own good, "I'm not going to fire you. I just didn't know you had that kind of fire in you Detective."

Gumshoe bellowed out a deep laugh of relief, letting Vivienne proceed to do her job at the interrogation room.

It took Ms. Autry about four hours to attempt to get every last bit of information she could get from the suspect, Will Power's. In all honestly, the man's story didn't quite add up, but it also didn't make one hundred percent sense that he is the murderer. Evidence and narratives simply weren't adding up and it was clear to Vivienne that she would have to do some further digging later on.

By the time Vivienne packed her things and set off to go home, the sun was setting and lights were beginning to turn on, but she had remembered that Miles had wanted her to come to his office later. Though she wanted nothing more than to come home, shower, and lay into the comforts of her soothing bed, she was curious as to what the prosecutor wanted. Whether it be related to the case, or something entirely different. She wasn't sure exactly what was it that happened earlier that morning, but she was much more intrigued about why it was brought. Vivienne couldn't wait to tell Samuel about this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.3K 1K 25
Game does not belong to me, only this book does. * Might contain Spoilers* Requests are open! This book will contain mature content, such as l...
2.9K 97 38
Piper Edgeworth is a fifteen-year-old girl, as well as the daughter of famous prosecutor, Miles Edgeworth. Ever since Phoenix Wright helped her fathe...
5.4K 58 32
I'm a fan of Ace Attorney and this is my first fanfic so it will most likely suck, also characters and ace attorney are not owned by me but are owned...
893 7 11
Miles and Phoenix have an argument that leads to both of them saying things they don't mean. Phoenix goes back to Miles's office after their heated a...