The Elden Slime (OC x Elden R...

Av D4V1D-01

Joshua was your average dude until he got hit by a truck and died, before dying though he was able to come ac... Mer

Arise Ye Slime

69 4 3
Av D4V1D-01

This individual's story began like any other... he was walking along minding his own business as he turned a street, this young man was named Joshua.

Joshua: "Oh it's a lovely day to walk down the road and if I ever stop singing I will explode-" 

Suddenly a truck appears out of nowhere at a fast speed and proceeds to slam into the guy breaking the sound barrier and killing him instantly as his body went flying... some say when the body landed it also exploded. 

He wakes up later in a black void with a pink eyed man in front of him

Joshua: "...where am...what happened?.."

Steve: "Suuuup, first of all Hi I'm Steve, second there's been a mistake"

Joshua: "Mistake?"

Steve: "See that truck was suppose to hit someone else but along the way it accidently hit you instead and now you've died, I've plucked your soul before it could move on to make you an offer"

Joshua: "Offer? also I'm dead?!"

Steve: "Not fully dead yet but yes, now don't worry I shall make sure our Truck is reprimanded for this error but as compensation I will give you 2 choices. First choice is you move on to whatever afterlife awaited you and rest in peace and all that crap, second choice is I send you to a new world! with a new body in a world where stuff from fantasy exists there."

Joshua: "Sounds like a bad anime plot...so are you god or something?"

Steve laughs loudly

Steve: "Ohhh if he heard that hehe, I'm not THE god but I suppose to some I'd be A god, anyways what do you pick? I'm on the clock here buddy"

Joshua: "Well... I would like a chance to live a more exiting life this time... if I pick the reborn option can I keep my memories and choose what I'm reborn as?"

Steve: "Hmm...you know what I'm feeling nice today so sure! as long as I'm cool with what you pick"

Joshua: "Have you seen that one anime with that dude who's reincarnated as a slime-"

Steve: "Say no more, you shall be reborn as a Slime with the potential to become OP depending on what you do and consume down the line, I'll thrown in my own bonus tweak as well I'll bet you'll like"

Joshua: "Can I be a mint colored Slime too?"

Steve: "Sounds good, now have fun! I might check in on you down the line, tootles!" 

Joshua felt a tingling sensation as he blacked out and was sent away

*Scene shift*

After some time Joshua regains consciousness and see's...nothing

Joshua: "..I can't see...why can't I-oh wait..."

He tries to move and feels a...new feeling as he tries to move his new gelatinous body around

Joshua: "So that wasn't a dream... I died and am now a Slime...cool"

(Looks kinda like this but a Mint Colored Slime ^)

He moves a bit more and hops around a bit as he gets use to his new body

Joshua: "Ok so...how do I see now?"

??????: "I can assist with that"

He hears a familiar sounding voice in his head 

Joshua: "Who are you?"

??????: "Hello, I am your personal version of what you'd remember as Great Sage, in my case though i was modeled after an AI from a video game you played in your past life, you may call me Cortana"

Joshua: "Cortana? Oh sweet! that must be the tweak Steve mentioned, I knew you sounded familiar!" 

Cortana: "Pleasure to meet you Joshua, I will now be here to assist you in any way I can"

Joshua: "Ok so...how can I see?"

Cortana: "I am now helping you learn how to use your new body to take in light from around you to see the world in a similar way to what eyes do"

[Light sensory skill]

Joshua feels a tingle sensation from Cortana's work as he soon is able to finally see around him, he appears to be in a dark room of sorts.

Joshua: "Woah... it's like I'm one of those 360 degree camera's...I can see all around me"

Cortana: "Of course, your Slime form is not limited by only two eyes like humans normally are, it might take a bit to get use to but you will get used to it"

Joshua: "So do I have the Rimuru package?"

Cortana: "To an extent, I will act as your great sage and your new Slime self possess the Gluttony skill Rimuru had as well, you do not have his exact full capabilities but you still have the classic slime stuff and can still consume to adapt and get stronger as you copy forms and abilities of others and absorb more energy."

Joshua: "So I'm still the package of a Slime that can slowly but surely eat and grow more OP... sweeeet" 

He then starts moving away as he leaves to see where he is, he seems to be in a damp cave somewhere as he moves around. Joshua also absorbs some water into his stomach which can act like a inventory he can put things in it turns out, so he can either store something or properly eat it. 

Copying what Rimuru did in the anime he saw once, Joshua is able to get down using [Water Blade] and [Water propulsion] as he tests those out, while moving to look for a way out of the cave he comes across a few zombie looking guys as well but is able to take them out with a few of his pressurized water blades along the way. 

Joshua comes across someone wearing a knight looking armor as well but before he can try to do anything they see him and immanently attack him, Joshua responds by removing their head with a water blade and then getting an idea. 

Joshua: "I suppose I should try consuming stuff now"

He then uses his predator skill to consume the body of the warrior 

Cortana: "Analyzing... Tarnished form gained that you can now use mimic to become, stored armor and weapons in stomach as well"

[Can now use Grace]

Joshua: "Tarnished?... that sounds familiar... wait is this Elden Ring?... SON OF A-"

*opening song*

He rants for a bit before calming down

Joshua: "I never played this game back when I was human... well this may suck... on the bright side though, I am a Slime"

He keeps moving and passes by a golden tree through some doors and takes what seems to be an elevator until he finally finds a door that exits outside where the sun is shining. He see's someone standing outside so before he exits Joshua uses mimic to take his newly acquired human or "Tarnished" form as he enters outside to greet the man.

(Similar to what his human form looks like, he has mint colored hair and turquoise eyes and looks androgynous ^)

Joshua walks over to the man who greets him, the man wore a white mask.

White Mask man: "Oh Yes... Tarnished are we?"

Joshua: "...yep, just your average Tarnished I guess"

White Mask: "Come to the lands between for the Elden Ring hmm? of course you have, no shame in it"

Joshua: "I would like that elden ring ngl"

White Mask: "Unfortunately for you however, you are... maidenless" 

Joshua felt like someone just stabbed him in the heart with that one, even back before he was a slime he was "Maidenless" one could say

White Mask: "Without Guidance, without the strength of runes, without an invitation to the roundable hold... you are fated to die it seems, in obscurity" 

Joshua: "Nah, I'm literally built different, I'm gonna become Elden Lord just you wait!"

The White masked man chuckles 

White Mask: "Well I'd certainly like to see you try"

Joshua walks over to the nearby Grace sight which he remembers act like the "bonfires" of this world as it lights one up and sits by it

Joshua: "Hey Cortana? can I even die?"

Cortana: "Answer: yes you can still die but to do so someone would have to destroy every last cell of yours since being a slime you can regenerate damage easily, if you were to die though you can respawn at the nearest grace site."

Joshua: "Well I'm in no rush to test what it feels like to respawn so I'd rather just try to not die in the first place... so what now?"

Cortana: "Now whatever you do is up to you, travel the lands and seek the elden ring if you wish, I'd recommend using Gluttony's Predator ability to consume more enemies to grow stronger and find new abilities as well since this is a dangerous land."

Joshua: "Alright then... I'll do some grinding I guess"

*time skip*

Joshua spend about an hour killing and consuming some fodder monsters and enemies but nothing that gave him anything of note yet, he found a grace site nearby some kind of stone structure that he was resting at as night had fallen. 

Joshua: "Man this is boring... i need to do more if I wanna progress quicker"

That's when Joshua see's a faint glow as someone materialized next to him and walks closer to his grace site. They wore a cloak and seemed to be female which was confirmed once she spoke.

??????: "Greetings strange Traveler from beyond the fog... I am Melina"

She walks closer and kneels down as she removes her hood showing her face

Melina: "I offer you an Accord" 

Joshua: "An Accord?"

Melina: "Have you heard of the Finger Maidens?"

Joshua holds in a laugh

Melina: "...did something amuse you?"

Joshua: "S-Sorry, random thought I had, please continue" 

Melina: "...They serve the two fingers, offering guide and aid to the Tarnished, but you I'm afraid are-"

Joshua: "-Yes I'm maidenless I know, someone already told me that"

Joshua makes a small pout face as Melina almost cracks a smile at his childlike response 

Melina: "I can play the role of Maiden, turning runes into strength to aid you in your search for the Elden ring. you need only take me with you... to the foot of the Erdtree"

Joshua: "...hmm... sounds great!"

Melina: "Then It's settled, summon me by grace to turn runes into strength"

[Melina is now your "Maiden"]

Joshua: "HA! TAKE THAT YOU WHITE MASKED LOSER! WHO'S MAIDENLESS NOW?!"

"........."

Joshua almost blushes a bit

Joshua: "Sorry, just got caught up in the moment"

Melina: "It's alright Tarnished"

Melina seems amused if anything 

Joshua: "Since we're working together now just call me Joshua"

Melina: "Very well Joshua"

Joshua: "Well... if your my Maiden now then there's something you should know about me, I am no normal Tarnished... I am a Slime"

He turns back into his smaller slime form as Melina looks at him with a curious but not very surprised gaze 

Melina: "Yes I am aware, I did not know what exactly you were but I saw you from afar and observed you when you would turn into this to consume your foes... so your a Slime as you called it? Yet you can assume another form?"

Joshua: "Yep, I'm actually a Slime but I can mimic the forms of those I've consumed before"

Melina: "Fascinating, that does seem like a very unique ability you possess, should be of great help in your quest for the Elden ring... Ahh another matter I almost forgot, I bequeath to you this ring"

She holds out a ring to Joshua as he extends a little slime tendril to take the ring and "eat it" into his slime body

Melina: "Use it to traverse great distances, it will summon a spectral steed named Torrent" 

[Can now summon Torrent, Torrent is your faithful steed]

Melina: "Torrent has chosen you... Treat him with respect"

Joshua: "I promise, I'm sure he will be a grand steed... so about that thing you mentioned you could do to help me earlier?"

Melina: "Shall I turn your runes into strength?"

Joshua: "Yes please"

Melina: "Let me hand rest upon you then for but a moment, share them with me"

Still in his Slime form Joshua moves closer as Melina gently rests a hand on him, Joshua feels energized as she takes the runes of the previous foes he's slain and helps make him even stronger with them.

Melina: "Your thoughts, your ambitions, the principles you will follow"

Cortana: "Many of your traits and skills have gotten stronger, while consuming more foes is one way to become more powerful you can also use Melina now to more effectively use the runes you gain to farther help improve things such as your strength and Arcane reserves and and etc"

After a bit Melina lets him go

Joshua: "Thanks, I feel pumped! I'm gonna continue my quest now I guess... so I'll see you next I stop by a grace sight?"

Melina: "I will be there for you Tar-Joshua, let the grace guide you"

Melina stands up and vanishes as Joshua tries Summoning Torrent as he jumps and hops onto the back of Torrent once he appears.

Joshua: "So your Torrent huh? nice to meet you, I'll be needing you a lot in the coming days so lets work together" 

Torrent makes a horse sound in acknowledgment as they ride off, it's a funny sight to see a small mint colored Slime riding on the back of the steed. 

*time skip*

Using Torrents assistance Joshua takes down a tree sentinel and after dealing with a few more fodder foes he rides over to a church area and dismisses torrent as he activates a grace site there. 

????: "May I have a word?"

Joshua see's a blue skinned woman with dark blue hair and four arms it seemed, she wears a white witch looking hat and has a spectral face next to hers as well. 

Joshua turns back into his human form and walks over to the mysterious woman

Renna: "A Pleasure to meet thee unique Tarnished, I am the witch Renna"

Joshua: (In his head) "My gosh... she's beautiful... do I like blueish women now? Oh shoot say something you fool!"

Joshua: "I'm Joshua! I'm a Slime!"

Cortana: "Very smooth Joshua"

Joshua: (in his head again) "Was that Sarcasm Cortana?"

Renna doesn't seem phased and nods

Renna: "I've heard recent tale of a Tarnished hurtling about atop a spectral steed, I've heard this Tarnished was also able to become a strange gelatinous creature of some sort to consume his foes as well. Upon looking into the matter and seeing you shift forms for myself, the talk I surmise is of thee"

Joshua: "Well... that is me yes, I'm the Slime Tarnished who can summon Torrent"

Renna: "Ah as I had hoped, I was entrusted this for thee by Torrents former master"

She hands Joshua a bell as he takes it and looks it over before turning his hand into slime temporarily to store and "eat" the bell before his hand turns back to normal. 

Cortana: "Analyzing... you now have the power of the spirit calling bell, you can eventually find other types of spirits you can summon"

[Can now summon Wolf Spirits to aid you]

Renna: "Tis a bell for calling forth spirits, summon them with it, from ash unreturned to the erdtree. The Spirits will obey thine command but briefly as they recall battles past, now it is thine to do with as thou wishest"

Joshua: "Well thank you, much appreciated" 

Renna: "Forgive mine intrusion Tarnished, I doubt we shall again meet but all the same learn well the lands in between"

Joshua: "Do you think we could meet again?.. like if I wanted to visit or something?"

Renna: "Perhaps our paths may cross again... that is dependent on you, ...How long will it be I wonder? Before the Tarnished tire of obeisance to the Two Fingers?"

Joshua: "Wait what do you mean by that-"

Before he can finish Renna vanishes

Joshua: "...mysterious... well anyways"

*Time Skip with Chibi Joshua riding on Torrent*

Joshua traveled a bit more exploring the land

Cortana: "Don't forget you can follow the grace to know where to go next on your path to the Elden ring"

Joshua: "Yeah I know, I wanna look around and see if I can find any goodies though"

Joshua walks into a cave and comes into an underground lake, before he can look around a huge reptile creature rushes over and spits hot fire and magma from it's mouth as Joshua turns into a slime to quickly move and bounce away before turning back into his human form with his sword in hand at the ready.

Joshua: "Oh? you don't seem like fodder"

*THE MAGMA WYRM MAKAR*

Joshua: "First Boss? or Mini Boss? well in any case your going down you disfigured Dragon!" 

*Mini Boss music*

Joshua summons Torrent and rides around as the Wyrm tries to swing at him with it's huge sword but misses, the wyrm then leaps and blasts more plasma from it's mouth but Joshua avoids it before jumping off Torrent onto the Wyrm's back as he starts slashing into it with the sword making it roar with pain.

The Wyrm flips around trying to crush Joshua on the ground but Joshua turns into slime to move off it leaping away before turning back into his human form as he lands on Torrent. The Wyrm roars and charges at him but Torrent keeps them away as Joshua rides to the side of the Wyrm and slashes it, Joshua procceds to do some hit an run for a bit as he keeps riding past the monster and slashing it without it being able to catch him.

The Wyrm has enough and leaps into the air as it spins while spitting hot fire in every direction it can in the cave, Joshua rides Torrent as they leap around avoiding the magma while getting some distance.

Joshua: "Guess it's a good of a time as any to try this"

Joshua takes out the spirit summoning bell and rings it as 3 spirit wolves are summoned to his side, The Wyrm lands back on the ground and roars at them all.

Joshua: "Sick em boys!"

The Wolves growl and bark as they charge into battle and leap onto the Wyrm as they start biting and tearing at it, The Wyrm roars and does another spin to shake one wolf off before destroying one with a point blank blast of magma. Joshua rides in and leaps onto it's back once again delivering more slashes before the Wyrm uses it's wing to smack Joshua off it.

The Wyrm then runs in circle around Joshua and the remaining two wolf spirits spitting hot magma and trapping them in a ring of Magma to limit their movements, Joshua de-summons Torrent because of this and gets ready as the Wyrm charges them once again. 

Joshua jumps and one of his wolves also jump and use their body to boost Joshua over the head of the Wyrm as the monster crunches it's jaws on the wolf spirit destroying it leaving only one spirit lift for this fight. Joshua stabs the draconic beast in the eye blinding it's left eye as it thrashes in pain and tries to swing Joshua off but this time he holds on tight like a bull rider.

Joshua slashes it more before it can finally use it's tail to slap him off it's head, the Wyrm goes to slice Joshua in two with it's huge sword and Joshua barley rolls out of the way as his left arm still gets hit and sliced clean off.

Joshua: "Argh... well good thing I'm a slime now, otherwise that would have hurt like the dickens"

The Wyrm also breathes lots of magma on the severed arm reducing it to nothing.

Joshua: "Jerk... guess that confirms I don't have the same fire proof stuff Rimuru had... or maybe I do but that's Magma so it's different? questions for later"

The Wyrm charges him again as Joshua does a classic Dark Souls rolling maneuver to roll out of the impact, Joshua then focuses and pulls a Piccolo as he regenerates his missing arm back.

The Wyrm goes to attack him but before it can the last spirit wolf leaps onto it's face and tears into it blinding it's second eyes as now the creature can't see, it roars and shakes the wolf off before blasting magma in random directions one of which hits the wolf destroying it. Joshua locks in and gets ready to finish this.

The Wyrm jumps and spins again as it blasts in random directions with Joshua running under it, once the monster lands Joshua stabs into it's exposed chest as the beast roars louder than before, Joshua's sword snaps and breaks off as he takes out his shield and leaps onto the Wyrms head one more time before he rapidly bashes it's head in with the shield.

Joshua takes out a small dagger and stabs right into the creatures brain once he see's the venerable spot exposed as the Wyrm gives one final roar before collapsing to the ground and dies. Joshua then turns into his Slime form and uses Gluttony as he covers all of it to consume the Wyrm's body as nothing of it remains.

*Mini Boss Music ends*

Cortana: "Analyzing..."

[Can now use the Magma Wyrm Makar's form with Mimic]

[You now have the Magma breath skill]

[Now owner of the Magma Wyrm's Scalesword which has been stored in your stomach]

Joshua: "Ooo I got to try this!"

He aims at the wall of the cave and charges up a shot as he blasts a ball of magma from his Slime body that impacts the wall burning at it.

Joshua: "Sweet! this will definitely be fun to toy with... oh also to use responsibly... maybe"

He then leaves the cave and once back outside he turns back into his human form and tests out using the Magma Breath move in his Tarnished form as he spits some magma from his mouth onto the floor.

Joshua: "Sweet... OH WAIT! that thing had wings right? can I fly now?!"

He focuses remembering something Rimuru did in the anime and forms only the wings of the creature on his back.

Joshua: "Sweeet! I look so cool!"

He tries to flap them and fly... but just lands on his face

Joshua: "Hey! what gives?"

Cortana: "Answer: that wyrm is not a true dragon as it's wings were not ever capable of being able to fly hence why it was most likely in that cave." 

Joshua: "Really? Well that's a let down... I'll eventually have to find something that flies that I can use the wings of to fly for real then"

He gets rid of the useless wings and summons Torrent as he rides off, after some traveling back he arrives at another Grace site and sits to rest by it as Melina appears beside him.

Joshua: "Hey Melina? Why exactly do you help me? what do you seek?"

Melina: "Me? I'm searching for my purpose, given to me by my mother from inside the Erdtree long ago... for the reason that I yet live, burned and bodiless" 

Joshua: "...Sounds like a lot happened... I won't press you for more though"

Melina: "There is something for which I must apologize, I've acted as the finger maiden yet I can offer no guidance. I am no Maiden... my purpose... was long ago lost"

Joshua scoots a bit close to her

Joshua: "You could make a new purpose?" 

Melina: "New Purpose?" 

Joshua: "Yeah! No matter what happens it's never to late to find purpose, I'm a firm believer in that fate doesn't control us but we make our own destinies instead. Maybe we can make you a new purpose if you lost your old one?"

Melina: "...I never thought I'd hear a Tarnished speak of fate like it can be defied like that... maybe believe one of them is fated to get to the Elden Ring so they can become the next Elden Lord"

Joshua: "Oh I'm gonna do that, but not cause someone else said I would. I'm gonna get to the end of this cause it's what I want to do! Fate doesn't control me"

Melina thinks and does seem to smile a bit

Melina: "You are quite a peculiar Tarnished Joshua... in spirit and not just in body"

Joshua: "Thanks I think, so... how about it? I could help you make something on this journey?" 

Melina: "I will... think about it... for now you should rest yes?"

Joshua: "Ah right... haven't actually slept in awhile"

Cortana: "With your Slime body you technically don't need sleep anymore but you can still enter a sort of sleep mode that helps replenish energy and refresh your mind." 

Melina: "Then please feel free too, If it helps I'll stand watch while you try to rest"

Joshua: "Ok... thanks Melina... your the best"

Joshua turns back into his round Slime self as he has Cortana help him enter sleep mode until morning. Once he's asleep Melina picks up the Slime Joshua and rests him on her lap as she keeps watch over him for the night until she also rests for a bit.

The Journey had just gotten started, meanwhile in a farther part of the land... something woke up that was an anomaly like Joshua was to this world. 

????: "What is this... I thought I died? the force feels... different here... interesting" 

*To be continued*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Outro song*

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

11K 215 6
I do not own God of war or Danmachi.
247K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
879K 40.9K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...