I Found You

By Courtney98xo

This story is based on the BBC show Peaky Blinders, we start off in the year 1921 and so forth, up until 1934... More

Actors and Actresses
Part 1. The First Time Meeting You.
Part 2. Moving, Moving Where?.
Part 3. We Meet Again.
Part 4. An Unexpected Invitation.
Part 5. A Problem Shared, Is A Problem Halfed.
Part 6. Billy Kimber.
Part 7. Killing Someone.
Part 8. The Races.
Part 9. The Lee Family.
Part 10. Our First Kiss.
Part 11. First Job Of The Company.
Part 12. Questions Spinning and My Head Killing.

Part 13. I Found You And You Found Me.

30 3 0
By Courtney98xo

As the last police officer left, dragging Mr Bryne's body along with him, out the door. Myself and Tommy stood there in silence, for a moment. The only sound that could be heard was our raggered breaths. Tommy, then cleared his throat and turned to look at me. "Come on, I'll walk you home". He said softly, as he sniffled and cleared his throat again, as he went behind the bar to retrieve my coat and my bag. I was still in shock, from the events that just occurred, right in front of me that right now, I was just complying with everything little thing, that he said for I didn't want to make him angry and end up exactly like, Mr Bryne.

I gently took my bag off him and I accepted his help, when he helped me to put on my coat and gently put it onto my shoulders. I took pleasure into nuzzling down into its warm fibres, for the shock I was going through, had me shivering like a leaf and I needed to warm up, before I collapsed onto the ground. We slowly made our way out of the pub and down the dark lit streets, the gas lit street lights creating a metaphoric glow of what looked like fire, as though myself and Tommy, were walking into the depths of hell together, for the sins we had just committed a moment ago.

Tommy, then lit a cigarette and passed it to me, as we walked down the pavement together. I stopped and looked at him confused for a moment, for he knows I don't smoke. "For the shock". He softly said, as he held it out further for me to take. "No, I'm fine thank you". I stammered. Tommy, then titled his head slightly and shrugged his shoulders, before placing the lit cigarette, into his mouth and carried on walking ahead of me. He was walking a little too fast, for my short legs that when I tried to keep up with him, I would trip up every few steps of the way.

We walked in silence the rest of the way to my house door. I stopped and turned so my back was facing it, only Tommy couldn't look at me, he just kept his head down and continued to smoke his cigarette. "Thank you". I softly said to him. Then, he took one last draw of his cigarette and looked up at me. "I'm sorry". Was all he replied with, which was good enough for me, considering what he had just put me through, back there. He then, walked away in the other direction, than his own front door, leaving me standing at mine, whilst my gaze followed his frame, stride down the street before I snapped out of it and opened my front door glad to get into the warmth.

That night, I tossed and turned I couldn't sleep, I was dreaming that Tommy got really angry with me for shooting at the two men and that he had lost his patience with me, as he pointed his own gun at me and then BANG!. That's when I jolted up right in bed, panting heavily the sweat forming on my brow. I looked over at the window, to see the sunlight peaking through the gap, I had left in the curtains. I then looked over at my bedside table and picked up the alarm clock to see that it read eight - thirty. I gently placed the alarm clock back down on my bedside table and pulled the covers from over me, swinging my legs around so that they were now dangling over the edge of the bed.

I rubbed my eyes and stretched my arms up towards the ceiling, before puling myself up out of bed, slipping on my slippers and grabbing my dressing gown to keep me warm. I then, turned back to my bed and made it, once that was done, I then, went downstairs to go to the netty and get something to eat. Once again, I was due at work for the millionth time. So, I got myself ready and presentable for that, after I had eaten breakfast. The boys were already at work, I hardly see them much now, as much as I used too, but we are needing every penny that we can get, at the moment and we all have to do our bit.

I got to work and stopped dead in my tracks at the pub doors, for there was a sound, a sound that was like birds singing a sweet melody together, in the summer time. It was a woman singing. It couldn't be one of the regulars I thought, as they haven't been in for ages. So with curiously getting the better of me I walked in to the pub cautiously taking in my surroundings. All the men were sat in silence, facing away from the door, their eyes fixated on the sweet singing that when I turned in the direction of where it was coming from, I was faced with a beautiful slim, tall, elegant woman. She had short blonde hair that went up to her shoulders, high cheekbones and piercing blue eyes and a voice of an angel.

Why if I were a man, I would truly be captivated my her beauty and take my chances. I stood staring at her, mouth open like a codfish, only to be brought out of my thoughts by Harry coming over to me and begin talking. "That's Grace, you two will be work partners, so be nice!". He whispered in my ear. "What ya talkin' bout Harry, I'm always nice me man!". I chuckled to him, as I followed him behind the bar. I came back out from out the back, as I had put my hat, coat and bag away. Just then, I laid my eyes upon Tommy, who just like me moment ago, was also staring at this woman, open mouthed and eyes wide. I started to feel angry bubble up inside me and I wasn't sure why, for me and Tommy weren't an item or anything, so he could do how he pleased.

Hours passed and I finally knew a lot more about Grace, other than she was a lovely singer. I found out she's Irish, moved over here for a better life, has no family, no husband or children, but is indeed a right nosey cow and likes to know everyone's business. So much in fact that, I did like her to begin with, but now I'm not so sure, for she asks loads of questions as though, she was working undercover for the police or something. So for the rest of the night, I decided I wasn't going to talk to her as much, for as awful as that sounded, I didn't want her finding out that I had killed someone, killed three people in fact, incase it just slips out of my mouth, without me thinking. 

We were cleaning glasses in silence, when Harry comes over to the other side of the bar, where the customers usually would stand. "My brother in Digbeth just said the police are coming down from Deritend, in numbers, asking for a Thomas Shelby by name". He said to me. "What's this about?". Grace asked. "Nowt that concerns you!". I snapped slightly, she then scoffed and walked away to the other end of the bar. Just then, we heard the side door open and in walks Tommy. "Shit!". Harry said, before moving away. "What do the police want with Tommy?". Grace came back and asked me again. "I thought I already told you, its got nowt to do with you, you've arnaly been here five minutes and your already sticking ya nose in and I'll have you know it's Thomas or Mr Shelby to you, it's Tommy to his friends and family!". I snapped, as I walked around the other side of the bar, away from her to go and speak to Tommy, to warn him about what's about to happen, but he beat me to it and walked up to the snug door and opened it and nodded his head for me to enter.

Once we were both inside, I shushed him to be quiet, as I peered through the hatch to make sure no one was listening, before I closed it. "I'm going to have to lay low for a while". He said to me. "Why?". I asked. "I lost my bargaining power, this copper, it's just me and him now, when I get back, I'm going to tell you somethings". "What things?". I asked, but got no response from him, so I decided to change the subject. "Harry said the police are already in Digbeth". I told him. "Yeah". He replied. "You took a risk coming in here, why?". Just then, I never got an answer, as suddenly, Tommy's youngest brother Finn came barging in. "The police are in the lane Tommy!". He said.

I had to think fast, for I couldn't see him get banged up or worse killed. "Come with me". I told him, as I took hold of his arm and dragged him out of the snug with me. I looked over to Grace who had a devilish grip upon her face. "And what are you looking at!". I snapped at her. "Nothing, just looks like I'm not the only one who calls him Tommy, particularly when we're intimate!". "Fuck you!". I snapped, as we walked out of the pub. "Well that wasn't very nice, was it!". Tommy said, as we walked down the dim lit street. "So what, she's a nosey cow anyway, asking a tone of questions all the time and she wouldn't shut up all night". I replied. "Maybe she was just trying to be friendly Rosie!". He snapped slightly. Silence occurred for a brief moment, until I spoke again.

"So you and Grace then". I said. "Oh it's nothing really, just strictly business, I needed another right hand to help, incase...". I didn't let him finish. "Incase I chicken out you mean!". I snapped slightly. "I didn't say that". He replied. "How long 'as this been gannin on for then?". I asked him. Tommy sighed, "The night you shot at those two fuckers in the pub, when I left you at your house, I walked round to hers".

"Great, so how long have you known her for exactly!". I asked, trying my best to hide the shakinesses, of sadness in my voice. "A while, she went back to Ireland, to sort some things out with her family and she only arrived back not long ago". He told me. "So you fuck her for business, is that it!". I snapped. Tommy simply just scoffed and reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a cigarette and lit it and took a drag, before he pulled back and let me strom off ahead of him, to walk the rest of the way to my house. I unlocked the door with my key and opened the door, to a pitch black ebyss luckily for me, that means that my dad and brother where still at work, as I would hate to think, what they thought, of me bringing a man to the house.

I then, walked over to the fire and lit it, leaving Tommy standing at the front door still, the only sound that could be heard, throughout the whole entire room, was the scratch of the match against the box. "It's not much of a place, but it's home". I turned around and said to him, as I placed the burnt out match onto the little coffee table. "It's alright and judging from off the first time, I step foot into your home, I would say it was very homely". He replied, as he shut the front door behind him. I didn't reply and walked into the kitchen, as I picked up the kettle from off the stove. "Do ya want a cuppa tea?". I asked him. "Tea, no". He replied, as he followed me into the kitchen and lent up against the frame.

"Errr we 'ave rum". I said, as I went into one of the kitchen cupboards on the bottom and pulled out the bottle and held it up, for him to see. "Actually, tea it is". He said. I chuckled and placed the bottle back into the cupboard. "Make ya mind up will ya". I chuckled again, as I walked back over to the stove, to light it so that the water will boil the kettle. "Are ya trying to impress me or summit?". I asked him, as I turned around to look at him and place both hands on one of the kitchen dining chairs. "Yes and do you have a biscuit?". He asked rather forwardly. "Now ya pushing it". I laughed, making him do the same. "But yes, to answer your question, we have bourbons or custard creams, take your pick". I laughed once again, at the thought of Tommy Shelby, thee Tommy Shelby, Birmingham's most notorious gangster, was asking me for tea and a biscuit.

"Can't we have both, push the boat out?". He asked again, rather froward. I just smiled and shook my head, as I reached up into the biscuit cupboard, as I stood onto my tiptoes and got the tin out, that was full of biscuits. Only to hear Tommy laughing to himself, only to suddenly stop, when I turned and put the tin on the table. "What's so funny?". I asked, as I placed my hands on my hips. "Is there anywhere you can reach". He chuckled. "Well, it's not my fault, that they don't make things accessible, to us small folk is it". I chuckled back.

Just then, the kettle began to whistle indicating that it was ready to be used. Tommy, then walked around to join me in front of the stove. "Where do you keep your cups?". He asked. I just smiled and shook my head at him and placed my hands back on my hips, as I rolled my eyes at him. "Left cupboard, top shelf". I replied. He then, opened the cupboard and reached in and grabbed two China cups for us, as he handed them to me. "I could have gotten them ya nar". I told him, as I placed them down onto the table. "How exactly, you can't even reach the biscuit tin that was on the bottom shelf of that cupboard". He sniggered, as he nodded over into the direction, of where the biscuits were kept.

"I would just climb on the kitchen bench of course". I told him. "Oh really and what happens should you fall and hurt yourself when no one else was home?". He replied. "Well then, it would be my dumb fault then wouldn't it". I said, as I continued making the tea. Suddenly, silence ascended between us, as I walked out to the backdoor, to retrieve the milk from off the back step, as the autumn air helped to keep it cold. I closed the back door, behind me and walked back over and put the milk onto the table. The only sound that could be heard, was the clicking of my heels, on the wooden floor boards and then ticking of the mantel piece clock. I could feel his gaze never leaving my moving frame, but the embarrassment, of me turning bright red, made it unbearable, for me to look at him, so I  just kept my eye contact to a minimum.

Tommy broke the silence first. "People look different at home?". He said. I looked up at him puzzled, as I stirred the milk into the cups. "In what way?". I asked. "Off guard". He said. I gulped and blinked a few times, worried by what he meant, by that and was my dream from this morning, about to come true. "S-should I be on my guard". I stuttered slightly. "No, I'm a man who drinks tea". He replied. We then stopped talking and just smiled at each other for a moment. Suddenly, the sound of rain lashing against the window pain, took me out of my thoughts and I walked over to the kitchen window and pulled back the net curtain to inspect.

"When the trouble dies down, I'll go". Tommy said. I was then, taken back by his comment, as I slowly let go of the net curtain, letting it drop back into place, before turning around to look at him. "When will it die down do ya think?". I asked him. "Late, I'd say". He said. I looked away from him for a moment, as I realised what he was trying to insinuate. "So not until the morning then?". I asked him, possibly knowing full well, what the answer is going to be. "Yes I'd say I'll be here till morning". He replied. "Well then, ya can't stay down 'ere then for me dad and our Jimmy will 'ave ya guts for garters if they see ya lying down 'ere on the sofa". I told him.

Tommy then, turned to look into the sitting room. "You have a grammar-phone". He asked. "Yeah it's broken though, me dad was going to look at it, but he's never got time, with working all the bloody time". I told him. "We could still dance". He said, out of the blue, taking my breath away for a moment with shock, at such a random outburst, why was he saying that to me, I thought to myself. "Ermm, o-okay why not". I said to him. Tommy then, slowly walked over to me, there were inches between us. "I know you liked to be asked properly, Rosie can I have this dance?". He asked me.

I didn't say anything other than nod my head. Tommy then slowly, placed his hands within mine and pulled me closer slightly, he bent down a little, so that our forheads touched. Upon impact I closed my eyes, not wanting to look into his bright blue orbs, frightened of what may occur next. Before I knew it, we were spinning around slowly in the living room. Just then, Tommy leant down further, as though he was going to kiss me, I pulled my head back for a moment hesitant, as we all know what kissing can lead too. "Rosie, do you trust me?". He whispered softly, our foreheads still touching.

I looked him dead in the eyes, I knew that whatever happened tonight, I just knew deep down in the pit of my stomach, Tommy wouldn't do anything to hurt me or make me feel scared, as he knew everything that I had been through, especially that night in Newcastle, when I vowed I would never go near, another man again. But when it's just the two of us, Tommy's a right old softy and not the hard matcho man, like everyone sees him as. I didn't say anything other than nod my head, when BAM! that was it, before I knew it, we were passionately kissing each other. "Not here!". I whispered out of breath, to him as I pulled him with me, upstairs to my room, for I knew my dad would crucifix us both, if he walked in on us.

And so diary, I can leave you guessing the rest.

I then, closed the pages of my diary and quickly put it back into the draw. It was a lot later in the evening now, the boys must be sleeping at the bunks at the pit, as they must have an early shift again tomorrow. The rain had stopped, so I wrapped my dressing gown, tightly around me to shield my naked body, from the bite of the night air and I went outside to the netty, for I told him I was going downstairs and that I wouldn't be long. Once I came back inside, I walked back up the stairs, a little hesitant at first, as the realisation of what had just occurred up there had just dawned on me and I feel a little embarrassed, to face him again. I then, plucked up the courage to go back up I stood in the doorway leaning up against it and crossed my arms, to see him smiling like a Cheshire cat and looking up towards the ceiling, the duvet covering his bottom half, but he left his top half exposed, so I could see everything again. His fined toned muscles and his tattooes looked evermore ravishing than they did first time round, particularly when they are soaked in sweat.

I then climbed back into bed with him and pulled the covers over me, to take the chill off. He didn't even turn to look at me. Was he thinking he's made a mistake, was he regretting what we had just done. I swallowed hard and turned to him. "Are you alright?". I asked him. "I don't hear the shovels against the wall". Was all he replied with, as he lay facing the opposite direction. I furrowed my brows together,  in confusion for a moment unsure by what he meant, as for as long as I've known him, he's never mentioned any shovels. "What shovels?". I asked him. He then turned to face me, as he pulled me down softly, so that I was now lying on the pillow and we were now at eye level with each other.

"Will you help me?". He asked. "With what?". I asked puzzled. "With everything, the whole fucking thing, fucking life, business". He began to say. "I found you and you found me, we'll help each other". He added. I didn't say anything other than nod my head. Tommy then leant in and placed a kiss upon my lips, the both of us now drowsy as we couldn't keep our eyes open. I lifted my hand up and stroked his face softly, as he sleepily kept kissing me on the lips, until he finally let go and I slid my hand down his chest and placed my hand on top of his and nuzzled my head closer to his, as we drifted off to sleep together until the morning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 844 6
do i look like the kind of woman who dies? π—Ώπ—²π˜€π˜‚π—Ώπ—Ώπ—²π—°π˜π—Άπ—Όπ—» peaky blinders: s1 tommy shelby x fem!oc time frame...
27.8K 790 41
❝And I love you; for that, I vow that my absence will plague you for the rest of your cursed days. ❞ Tommy Shelby x female!oc Peaky Blinders season t...
2M 47.1K 51
Because every girl needs their own prince charming, but some girls need their own birmingham gangster. β€’BOOK ONE COMPLETEDβ€’ β€’SEASON ONE- SEASON TWO...
374K 6K 31
This story is about the youngest member of the Shelby family, Vive. Together with her brothers she grows up under the smoke of Small Heath. Surrounde...