the flashing lights (shubman...

By annkyy4you

"life would've been nice if i had an ass like yours." "excuse me?!" "what? i just complimented you, ishan." "... More

prologue (character introduction)
rush hours
happy hearts
hugs and care
what a night it was
doomed beginnings
playful proposals

first glances

514 44 23
By annkyy4you

•°•

the july sun hits hard. 12 in the afternoon, the sun shining at its peak, providing the street vendors and passerby the ultimate discomfort. but ofc, it wouldn't come off as a problem for someone in the comfort of their room with A/C full blasted on. with the clock ticking 12:30, finally a sleeping beauty woke up from their sleep. he stretched his pumped up veiny arms,his equally chiseled abs providing us with the information that he slept without a shirt on. *whistles* such a sight to behold.

meet shubman gill, the very much talented and the most loved cricketer of the generation. self doubts and overthinking? not his kind of thing. simping and flirting with homies? probably. although intimidating at first glance, he's a goof ball when you get to know him. sounds pretty great? well, he is a pretty great deal. but this package, being the straightforward dude he is, has often landed himself in trouble during times. and certainly the most careless out of all. oh well, but he's hot. that makes up for everything.

shubman's pov

i opened my eyes and immediately closed it as the sun rays shone bright inside the room despite having big ass thin white curtains.
"oh maybe that's why."

making my bed, i started abiding by my morning routine that includes a 1 hour long shower with a banger playlist. the best part of the day. what? i have quite attachments with my bathroom.

i checked the time. half past 2.
shit, i missed the morning practice.

i go on to see that virat bhaiya and my manager, kavya has called me several times. shit, i'm doomed. but they'll forgive me anyways.

i checked myself out in the mirror.

"not too bad for a 30 year old."

"cut it mayank." i said rolling my eyes.

"cut what uncle ji? perhaps those white hair on your head?"

"no maybe try cutting on those calories from your late night brownie cravings. must've been the reason why you couldn't run yesterday." i said in a high pitched voice.

i receive a glare from mayank, my roommate as well as my teammate. i hear the door shutting with a loud thud, indicating he has left.

A call chided in. i groan at the i'd.
it's my manager. i get prepared to hear a earful but all i got was silence on the other line. that's even more worse.

"hiii???"

"shubman gill"

i nervously laughed.

"yo kavya, what's up?"

"you're seriously asking me that? after NOT picking up my calls for the 68th time?"

"you should've called 1 more time."

"SERIOUSLY SHUBMAN? can you stop with your jokes? i swear you're not funny."

"ouch. that hurts."

"as it should."

kavya, my manager. though being 5 years older than me but we vibe. maybe cause i have an elder sister.

"so tell me. why did you call?"

"first of all toh you missed your morning practice, A.G.A.I.N
and secondly, there's something i need you to know which was discussed today in the morning."

"what?"

"there's going to be a reality show in the fields."

"what?"

"matlab, it's a show sponsored by netflix. it'll revolve around the lives of the players. a host will be present with you all, on and off the fields."

"ooo invasion of privacy much?"

"offo, it's not like that."

kavya then went on to explain me the storyline of the show and how it's going to take place. hmm, interesting.

"okay i got it. but this host, is she cute or not?"

"it's a he, shubman."

"ah boomer"

"but i heard he's cute."

"is he? well good for me."

oh yeah, did i forgot to tell you that i'm a proud bi? kavya is the only soul who knows this little secret of mine. probably because she sees right through me and more probably because we both kind of swing that way. so a sense of comfort is there when we're both together.

"so how's everything with her?"

"same old same old. i'm thinking of getting engaged to her."

"woah, what's up with you dropping bombs each time you open your mouth. i mean it's a pretty big deal. getting engaged, getting settled in. i don't know it doesn't give me the thrill."

"life's certainly a ride shubman. but, for the ride to keep going, you'll need gas and for that you gotta stop at the gas station. that gas station for me is my girl. constantly providing me with enough fuel and encouragement to get going in my toughest times. it'll be disrespectful if i didn't honor her presence in my life."

"but, you love her and she loves you. you both know your each other's impact in one's life. life is going just the way you guys like it so why is that tag needed? the concept of marriage has never been clear to me. i honestly don't get it why people do it."

she lets out a small chuckle.

"you may not get it now shubman. but when you meet your "the one", you'll then certainly know what i'm talking about here. you'll get it then don't worry."

"whatever. also, did you just compare sara with a freaking "gas station"? lmaooo, this is what happens when a car enthusiast falls in love ig."

"shut up you bitchless moron."

"i won't be soon. my guts are telling me i'mma get laid soon."

"yeah, probably after you turn 60."

"aab what do i do? nobody matches my standards. i'm a prince after all."

"you'll get your princess or maybe a prince soon don't worry."

"thanks yarrr."

"achaa, i'm hanging up now. go to the afternoon practice, i'll meet you there."

"k. bye"

i made my way to grab a quick brunch before heading to the fields.

°°°°°°

as if god fast forwarded his watch, time began to pass quickly and very soon  came the time when both the parties would meet for the first time. a bonding session with the host. tomorrow would mark the first day of the show.

with great anticipation and excitement in his heart, ishan arrived at the venue where it would take place. he was profoundly impacted by the place, more like a palace. upon his arrival, he joined his crew.

ishan's pov

my heartbeat was going 120km/hr. to say i was just nervous wouldn't really justify the way i'm feeling right now.
it was anxiety along with excitement and also fear of messing everything up.
i haven't been this stressed about something since a long time. i wasn't even this much stressed during my final exams.

enough to my current state of turmoil, i felt somebody sitting next to me.

"hey"

i turned to see ananya siting.

"hi ananya."

she gave me a sweet smile.

"here, take this drink."

"ah thank you very much."

"stressed much?"

"is it evident that much?"

"no but anyone would be able to guess so. it's a big opportunity ofc."

"yeah. i don't know ananya. i thought i would be able to keep my cool. i have been practicing so much and mentally preparing myself for this very thing. now that the time is here, i feel like i'm lacking in so many things. there are people who could do this with so much ease, better than me. it's my first ever gig. i don't know why the selectors picked me. can i really do this?

"ugh keep your mouth shut ishan. she's your senior. she has better things to handle instead of your dilemma. " i thought to myself but much to my surprise, she patted my shoulder and reassured me.

"ishan, i know how this feels. the adrenaline rush, heartbeats loud enough for the whole world to hear, constant overthinking. i have been through this phase. i wasn't really this ananya that you see now yk. i once was a very timid, shy, afraid of been judged person who would prefer to stay in the shadows of someone than come out of the dark. but soon i realized this behavior of mine wasn't really going to get me anywhere. so i did what was the best for me."

"what did you do?"

with a small smile, she began.

"i gave myself a chance. i visualized a life where i wasn't shy nor afraid. i liked that life. slow but steadly, i managed to get up. and now, i am doing my first ever show and you're also in it. isn't it amazing? it's a first for both of us."

taking a deep breath, she looked at me.

"you seem like a good kid. we all saw the potential in you. that is why you're here. and i'm sure you'll stand up to our expectations. you'll do great. just give yourself a chance. trust me, it's gonna be worth it. and hey, are you doubting my judging skills?"

"no no, absolutely not. thank you for the ted talk ananya. it means a lot. hope we could be good friends in the future."

"why future? we'll be good friends beginning now."

"yesssss ma'am."

°°°°°°
the director, producer, story writer, host and everyone associated with the show was present at the venue, eagerly waiting for the members to arrive.
upon the arrival of ict, the atmosphere once serene, turned into a lively place filled with the ever talented stars of the country.

the anchor took over the stage.

"ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the grand celebration of our new show,

"Smiles and Sixes ft. ICT!!!"

a loud applause and cheers filled the hall.

"cricket. such a dear sport to our country. and the players, the dearest.
making our country shine with pride in the highest of pavilions. their struggles, sacrifices met with upmost results and thus how they became the ICT they are now. with round of applause, i would like to invite our very best Indian Cricket Team on the stage and provide them with a small token of love and respect from our side!"

the ict graced the stage.
everyone was felicitated for their achievements on the fields.

"well, there's a saying that goes,
"a good host leads a show to success."

the anchor whispered onto the mic
"i lied. i made it up just now."

everyone laughed at his act.

"well, i'm entirely not wrong. a good show is surely because of a good host, making it fun and intriguing for the viewers to see. well, enough said, let's welcome the ultimate host of our show,"

                 "ISHANN KISHANNN"

ishan stepped onto the stage. his stage fear cripping up but ananya's ted talk already settled in his mind. so he let go of the negatives and starts focusing in the positives. cheers and applause surrounding the place. a gentle smile crept on his face.

"thank you everyone. i am ishan kishan and i'm going to be the host for this year's hottest show, "Smiles and Sixes ft. ICT."

"mind you, this is my first venture guys. hope i can stand up to your expectations  and improve along the way. thank you."

°°°°°°°

ishan's pov

the function was finally done and everyone headed towards the area where a small party has been conducted for the ICT.

"you did great out there. told ya."

"all thanks to your ted talks." i said smiling at ananya.

"now, how do i start a conversation with the stars? i feel so awkward."

"chill ishan. oh who do i see approaching?"

i turned around to see a very pretty lady making her way towards me.

"hi ishan."

"helloo ma'am."

chuckling, she began.

"nice to meet you. i'm kavya. shubman's manager."

she held her hands forward and i shaked it.

"pleasure's all mine."

"hi miss..?"

"ananya. hello miss kavya."

"i was just hanging around when i thought i should atleast greet the person  who'll be with us for a long time. coming to think of it, have you met the members yet?"

"no, not yet. i'm planning to though. i just don't know how to start the conversation."

"come with me then? if you're not busy now?"

"ah that'll be great! thanks. let's go."

i turned around and ananya gave me a thumbs up before walking away towards priyam, who was very annoyingly looking at me.

cute. i thought.

with this, i walked along with kavya towards a shared couch where i could see the members engaged in some funny conversations, judging by the way they were laughing.

°°°°°
shubman's pov

jaddu bhaiya and his tales.
he makes it sound so interesting that you would believe it was true. as we were laughing at one of his tales, i see kavya coming towards us, along with a man. a very beautiful man to be precise.

"hey guys. hope i'm not disturbing anyone but there's someone i would like you all to meet."

"ofc kavya. isn't this ishan, our host?" virat bhaiya enquired.

"yes. hello everyone. i'm ishan kishan. nice to meet you all."

"have a sit ishan." rohit bhaiya said.

"oh thank you sir." that pretty boy said.

rohit bhaiya smiling warmly at him, asked him, "so ishan, you're going to be around us for a while na?"

"yes sir. i hope so."

"call me bhaiya, let's not be so formal considering the fact that we'll be together from tomorrow onwards."

everyone warmly greeted him. he has a really great smile. they engaged in warm conversations making ishan feel at ease.

"shubman."

"..shubman?"

"oi!"

i broke away from my trance and nervously scratched the back of my head.

"yeah bhaiya?"

"atleast acknowledge that someone new is here. introduce yourself."

"oh there's no need for his introduction. who wouldn't know THE shubman gill? big fan sir."

oh wow. this cutie knows my name.

with a gentle smile, i softly said and extended my hand.

"hi ishan. nice to meet you."

he gladly accepted my hand. his hands are so soft. like cotton buds except much softer.

"aren't you guys the same age?" siraj asked.

"i'm afraid, no." ishan said.

"how old are you tho?" virat bhaiya asked.

"i'm 21."

oh this cutie is much younger than me. must be great to be young.

"just when i thought shubman was getting someone his age. i am getting scared if he'll go old by staying with the oldies. hope you both can be good friends."

"oi! who tf is old heree?! the only old thing i see here is the wine." rohit bhaiya exclaimed.

"notice how i didn't say anyone's name but someone decided to react." siraj said giving a side eye to rohit.

"tujhe toh mein kal practice mein dekhta hu rukh. abhii ishan he bach gaya."

ishan laughed at their banter. such a warm smile.

i smiled looking at him smile.

"yeah, hope we can be good friends."

i softly whispered.

°•°

A/N

i literally have no clue how bts of a reality show works. so, a request to y'all that pls imagine that whatever i say about it, is right.🥰

also, someone is being a little less "sassy" around someone. don't you think?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 609 15
It's a abhiyank book with enemies to lover. I am shit with description so just read the story 🗿🤌
1.7K 147 6
The Story of 8 boys who went for a campfire in the Bloodhill Pines forest, a dense forest known for its mysterious occurrences. What fate lies in sto...
98.1K 14K 51
Tae=හබී නපුලා ,වයිෆි තලහයි හබී එක්ක ඉහි ඉහි Jk=අයියෝ මැණික ,හබී විහිළුවක් නෙ ඉතින් කරෙ Tae=ඒ උනාට වයිෆි ට දුක හිතුනනෙ Jk=දැන් සමාව ගන්න හබී මොකක්ද ක...
1.9K 133 7
Ishan is definitely gay and has a huge crush on their college cricket team opener and his best friend Shubman but Shubman is definitely straight and...