The Lonely Warrior Queen

Por LavenderHamsa

It all started when Princess Catheline married the dangerously attractive and recently crowned King of Anthre... Más

{Chapter 1}
{Chapter 2}
{Chapter 3}
{Chapter 4}
{Chapter 5}
{Chapter 6}
{Chapter 7}
{Chapter 8}
{Chapter 9}
{Chapter 10}
{Chapter 11}
{Chapter 12}
{Chapter 13}
{Chapter 14}
{Chapter 15}
{Chapter 16}
{Chapter 17}
{Chapter 18}
{Chapter 19}
{Chapter 20}
{Chapter 21}
{Chapter 22}
{Chapter 23}
{Chapter 24}
{Chapter 25}
{Chapter 26}
{Chapter 27}
{Chapter 28}
{Chapter 29}
{Chapter 30}
{Chapter 31}
{Chapter 32}
{Chapter 33}
{Chapter 34}
{Chapter 35}
{Chapter 36}
{Chapter 37}
{Chapter 38}
{Chapter 39}
{Chapter 40}
{Chapter 41}
{Chapter 42}
{Chapter 43}
{Chapter 44}
{Chapter 45}
{Chapter 46}
{Chapter 47}
{Chapter 48}
{Chapter 49}
{Chapter 50}
{Chapter 51}
{Chapter 52}
{Chapter 53}
{Chapter 54}
{Chapter 55}
{Chapter 56}
{Chapter 57}
{Chapter 58}
{Chapter 59}
{Chapter 60}
{Chapter 61}
{Chapter 62}
{Chapter 63}
{Chapter 64}
{Chapter 65}
{Chapter 66}
{Chapter 67}
{Chapter 68}
{Chapter 69}
{Chapter 70}
{Chapter 71}
{Chapter 72}
{Chapter 73}
{Chapter 74}
{Chapter 75}
{Chapter 76}
{Chapter 77}
{Chapter 78}
{Chapter 79}
{Chapter 80}
{Chapter 81}
{Chapter 82}
{Chapter 83}
{Chapter 84}
{Chapter 85}
{Chapter 86}
{Chapter 87}
{Chapter 88}
{Chapter 89}
{Chapter 90}
{Chapter 91}
{Chapter 92}
{Chapter 93}
{Chapter 94}
{Chapter 95}
{Chapter 96}
{Chapter 97}
{Chapter 98}
{Chapter 99}
{Chapter 100}
{Chapter 101}
{Chapter 102}
{Chapter 103}
{Chapter 104}
{Chapter 105}
{Chapter 106}
{Chapter 107}
{Chapter 108}
{Chapter 109}
{Chapter 110}
{Chapter 111}
{Chapter 112}
{Chapter 113}
{Chapter 114}
{Chapter 115}
{Chapter 116}
{Epilogue I}
{Epilogue II}
ו My Review •×
!NEW STORY!
×Swords and Schemes×

{Chapter 117}

1.6K 68 2
Por LavenderHamsa

Catheline's POV:

"Xander is returning soon. We have to make preparations for welcoming them, niece."

I smiled at King Julian, Xander's uncle. Nearly six months had passed since we heard that Xander had won. When I received his first letters in months, I teared up.

'My precious wife. How are you? How is our child? I'm assuming that he or she is safe in your arms right now. Wait for me to get to you two.'

I looked at Xavien, who was resting in his cradle beside me. My child had a soft toy clutched in his arm and he rested on his stomach. He looked up at me and his dark blue eyes twinkled with joy.

"He looks like Xander when he was born," my uncle-by-law fawned. "And just like his father, he loves his mother's company the most."

"That's because he hadn't seen his father yet," I laughed and caressed my child's cheek. His lips curled upward in a big smile.

We heard a knock on our door. It turned out to be Drake Sierre, Julian's son. Both of them were here to welcome Devin. I wished that my father was here but understood that he wouldn't make it.

'Peliasse here needs me, daughter. I hope you and Xavien are fine.'

He had sent many letters through my hawk and I could still sense that he was angry at me. Well, I was more displeased at him forcing Xander into making that contract.

'Whatever I did, I did it to protect you, Catheline. If I had to do it again, I would without hesitation. Because I know you better than anyone, child.'

After having Xavien, I began understanding his thoughts and actions. I would've done the same to protect my child.

"Hello, Xavien," Drake gushed while pinching his cheek lightly. He looked at me. "I need to talk to my father."

"Is it something about the armies?" I asked, creasing my eyebrows.

"I would've let you know if that was the case," he smiled and looked at his after. The man sighed before getting to his feet and bidding farewell to my child and me.

After they left, I watched the door for some time before glancing at Xavien. It was about time he spoke his first word. A few nights ago, he was mumbling something gibberish that sounded sensible. I'd been trying to make him say 'mama' but he wouldn't budge.

"Why wouldn't you say it, Xavien?" I stood up and put on my cloak. I pulled him into my arms and draped over a woolen shawl. He giggled and waved his toy before resting his tiny head on my shoulder.

I grinned and left the sitting room. Gillian was waiting outside and smiled when he saw me. "Where are we going now, Your Grace?"

"To the gardens."

Gillian looked disapprovingly. "You can't stand the cold."

"But Xavien loves the snow," I tried to reason. When I brought him outside he witnessed his first winter, he giggled and tried to catch some snowflakes. It was fortunate that he didn't inherit my aversion to the cold.

We walked through the warm halls and soon reached the entrance to the gardens. The cold wind began blowing against my face and I sighed.

"Look at that, Xavi," I whispered, covering him with the shawl. He turned his head and looked ahead.

"I think this is his favorite season," Gillian rested his hands on the rail.

I agreed with him. From what I knew, Gillian didn't appreciate little children. But even since he became the godfather of my child, he began softening up. Often, I found him talking to Xavien in hushed tones.

"Wa," my child pointed out his tiny finger towards the gardens.

"You want to go there?" I asked, with a wide smile. I pulled the hood of my cloak over my head before climbing down the stairs.

The past few months were me spending time with him as much as possible. Even at night, I found myself waking up and checking on him. Only after seeing him sleeping peacefully did I leave his chambers.

I did not like how we had to have separate rooms. Especially one that was too far away from mine. Laura wanted me to have bed rest for at least a few months until I recovered. That didn't stop me from feeding my child in secret.

Out of nowhere, Xavien began laughing.

"What is so funny, muffin?" I cooed, stepping on the snow carefully.

"Wa! Wa!" he shouted, pointing at the blue roses.

"I'll hold him if you want me to," Gillian offered.

"It's alright," I waved a hand before reaching the summer house. I walked towards the roses and showed them to Xavien. He leaned forward and clasped one of them with a death grip.

"You already have your toy with you," I chided, attempting to make him let go. But no, he had to be stubborn. Just like me. After pulling a few petals, he finally let go. I could sense that he wanted to keep them in his mouth and snatched the petals out of his hand.

"Why are you so strong?" I grunted, trying to open his fist.

"Like mother, like son," Gillian commented with a grin. "Laura told me that infants may look innocent, but they aren't. They can hold onto something fiercely."

"My baby is still innocent," I told him while remembering Xavien holding my little finger with a death grip. I wanted to stay with him like that but at the same time, I had some important work.

"Your Grace!"

I turned to find Karra and Lucy sprinting towards us. When they reached us, they began talking with Xavien in high-pitched voices. I could say that they've grown to care and be overprotective of him.

"Stop it," I laughed, kissing the top of his head. He looked confused about what was going on.

"Let's go inside, Your Grace," Lucy said, her smile too wide. Was something going on?

"Yes, yes!" Karra agreed and held my arm. "Both of you must be cold."

"I am here too, you know?" Gillian crossed his arms with red cheeks.

The girls held him by each arm and began dragging him into the castle, while he protested. I laughed at their silly antics and followed them.
.................................................................

"You look so happy, Merline." 

The woman looked up and started blushing. We were resting on the floor with Xavien playing with his toys on the woolen carpets made for him. He rolled from his back and flung his toy in front of him. When he wasn't able to reach it, his face turned small and I knew what followed after.

Even if I knew I was spoiling him, I also knew that he wouldn't remain a child for long. So I handed him the toy and he resumed chuckling.

"Nothing like that, Your Grace," she smiled, but it didn't meet her eyes.

Xavien rolled a bit too close to the fireplace so I pulled him back. "Your face is as red as your hair. Are you feeling unwell?"

She stopped sewing and kept the ring aside. "I'm just...happy that I'll see Marwin soon."

"Really?" I smirked. "Are you sure you aren't waiting for anyone else?"

Her eyes went wide. "No!" she cleared her throat and her voice came out in a whisper. "Not at all. I mean..."

"Hm?" I rested my hands on my lap. "Don't think that I haven't noticed you blushing at the letters you received. Those aren't from your brother, are they?"

Her face reddened before she accepted defeat. "Alright. But you must... never mind, he would make it known for everyone."

"So, a daring one?" I grinned.

"He promised to win the approval of my brother," she sighed, moving her legs. "Why are men so stubborn?"

"That they are," I laughed, leaning against the couch. "But who is this man? Perhaps I should have a word with him."

"He said...the King already gave his approval for our union," she fumbled with her fingers.

I paused. "That's wonderful!" the words came out. So Xander knew of this and didn't tell me? "What's his name?"

Merline hesitated for a while before sighing. "Nathaniel."

My mind stopped working for a moment. I looked at Xavien blankly and he looked back, upside down and clueless.

"What?" I asked, afraid that I misheard. "That's wonderful, Merline! I'm just...stunned."

Never did I imagine Nathaniel liking someone. In my mind, I thought all he wanted was to serve Xander forever without having dreams of a family. I was very happy for him. For both of them.

"You...don't approve?" Merline asked hesitantly.

"Of course I do," I smiled, reaching out for her hand. "It's just that the thought never struck my head. How long is this going on for?"

"Mara chased him when she saw him at the Sunster residence," she revealed. "And even since that, he wouldn't leave me alone."

After Merline was done with her story, I began laughing. He was afraid of a small dog after taking care of a wolf?

"Besides, we both have an interest in pottery," She added, a wide smile on her face.

That was delightful. I assumed as soon as the armies returned, we had a few weddings to deal with.
.................................................................

It became a habit for my mind to wake me up in the middle of the night. I stared at the ceiling, remembering the dream I had a few moments ago. It was about Xander.

More than a year had passed since I saw him.

I knew that in a few weeks, I'll be seeing him again. And I awaited his arrival fervently. I was so excited to introduce Xavien to him. But at the same time, I was so afraid of seeing him. I sensed nothing wrong with his letters surely, he had changed.

I looked at my trembling hands and sat up. What was this feeling in the pit of my stomach? After looking out the window, I saw the sky was still dark. Well, this was my time to check on Xavien.

I pushed off the blankets and grabbed my cloak. I had done the same for the past few months. I could remember the path to my child's room. It was so unfair that they didn't want me to listen to his cries.

"You've been drained of your energy for the last few months, Your Grace. We will take care of Prince Xavien and inform you if anything is amiss," Laura told me when I complained.

I pulled the hood closer and noticed something...different. The halls, which were cold at night, seemed warmer. Maybe they lit up the flares too brightly.

Just as I took a sharp turn, I saw two figures in the dark. Had I possessed a weapon, I would've thrown it at them.

"You said that you'll marry me as soon I came back!"

"I never said that Leon---"

"Karra?"

The girl jumped before turning to me. "Your Grace!? You almost gave me a stroke!"

I moved forward and looked at the other person. Instead, he beat me to do it. "It's lovely to see you again, Your Grace!" he bowed.

"Leon?" my mind was numb from shock. "But...what are you..."

"Please forgive me for hiding it from you," Karra held my hand. "But they wanted us to keep it as a surprise---"

"What surprise?"

"As awful as it sounds, I had to agree! It's an order from the King."

I stilled and gathered my words together. But then realized that I had to pay for them since I realized what was going on. After taking a deep breath, I pushed Karra gently to the side and ran ahead.

After all this time, this is how he decides to meet!?

I ran towards the halls before pausing, wondering where he might be. Only one place came to mind and I decided to go there. On my way, I thought I saw a few people I recognized but nothing else was on my mind except one person. 

When I reached the doors, I saw Laura and Gillian standing outside. I knew he was in there. When they saw me, they greeted me with a bow and a happy smile. I came to a halt at the door and held the handle with trembling fingers.

I envisioned greeting him in several different places. But this place...no, I did not think of this.

After taking in a deep breath, I pushed the door open. The warmth and light from the fireplace were spreading through my nerves. At once, I found his back turned to me, as he played with our child.

"You're so persistent, aren't you?" his deep voice sounded amused.

Judging by his attire, he had just arrived. Melted snow rested on his shoulders. My steps faltered and when I finally found my voice to call him.

"Xander?"

The man stopped and turned around. He looked...the same as he did the last time I saw him. His dark brown hair seemed to have grown in length, grazing the top of his shoulders. I paused, not knowing what step to take next.

"Catheline..." his voice and eyes softened.

I missed the way he called me.

He got to his feet and only a second later, I ran towards him. He wrapped his arms around mine and I felt warmth even the fires couldn't give.

"I missed you..." he whispered, his hands running through my hair. "Is it just me or do you look more beautiful than last time?"

Tears started streaming out of my eyes as I tried to keep quiet for Xavien's sake. He looked wide awake and waved his legs when he saw me.

"You evil bastard," I murmured. "I will kill you if this is what you mean by surprises."

He laughed softly before embracing me tighter. "Well, I'm not going anywhere to give you these surprises again."

"Xander..."

"How I missed you calling me, wife," he swayed slightly. "I'm not leaving you or our son, Catheline."

I didn't know where to start. I had many things to share and so did he, but for now...I just wanted to stay in his arms for hours.
____________________________________

Author's note:

They are finally reunited 😭

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

8.7K 1K 29
||WATTY 2021 SHORTLIST|| Ex-Princess-Bride wants to marry her beloved Dragon, but when a curse threatens their happily ever after, they are left raci...
14.1K 1K 82
"This bounty is mine, Xander," He said. It was the first time I ever heard his name. Xander smirked, "Kill me first, then take her." He proposed arr...
320K 25.5K 35
A new system of marriage for the prince has been made in the kingdom Taraxac: The Dandelion System. When Karlina Dearcage makes a deal with the manip...