Just a Spider Surviving Gotham

By Wolf_Writter_

Peter didn't want to jump universes to save his home, but he was the only one able to handle the jump to prot... More

Chapter 2

Chapter 1

55 5 1
By Wolf_Writter_

   The war had just begun. Peter was being dragged through the air by a spaceship harboring the aliens and Dr.Strange. He talked to Mr. Stark as they continued their ascend into space. Soon losing the ability to breath Peter pulls his mask off then falls soon after. Then, not a few moments later he is being caught mid air by a metal suit resembling the one he was wearing moments ago, although the colors were slightly different. The suit smelled sorta like a new car in his opinion though he didn't get to think about it too much before Mr. Start ordered F.R.I.D.A.Y. to 'send him home'. Like Peter was going down that easy. He webbed the ship and pulled himself back on finding an entrance and Mr. Stark inside. They got Dr. Strange back and ran into the Guardians. After being head at gun point, they determined they were on the same side and made their game plan, deciding working together would be best.

Making it to Titan, Dr. Strange pulled Peter to the side. "Dr. Strange what up?" He asks as he glances back at the others talking about what's to happen next. "What happened next, just know we will get you back as soon as it's over and Thanos is defeated" Strange gave Peter a small pat on the shoulder and walked away. Peter stared at the spot he had been in for a moment, eyebrows knitted together in confusion and turned back to Dr.Strange again. "um, sir. What exactly do you mean by that?" though his words didn't matter as Thanos appeared from the mist. Without getting his answers the team makes their move. Matis taking over his thoughts, they work on the gauntlet. However, just as he is about to get it off Quill offsets the plan which causes Matis to lose her hold and Thanos was free again. The fight after doesn't last long as Thanos took the stone and was off once more. Dr. Strange moved quickly after that rushing to Peter pushing a green stone, the time stone, into his chest. Everything slows down as the stone seems to meld into him and disappears into his chest with a green glow surrounding him. A moment later everything returns to how it was. "what happened, what was that! '' Peter rushed out, out of breath, as he felt his chest a few times and looked up at Dr. Strange. "We don't have time. I created a realistic time stone to ward him off to be able to give someone the stone that could handle its power without dying instantly. Just remember what I said "Dr. Strange said as he started moving his hands creating his magic rings and touched Peter's head. He instantly felt pain as his body started to turn to ash. He felt sick as he looked down at his hands "I don't feel so good." Peter looked up at Stark and stumbled a bit "You're all right" Tony said as reassuringly as he could. "I- I don't know what's happening..I don't know....." Peter fell forward, not able to hold his own weight anymore. Tony caught him and held him close as he started to disappear. "I don't wanna go, sir. Please...Please, I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go." Peter had started to let the tears fall from his eyes as he hugged his mentor. The both fell to the ground and Peter accepted that he wasn't going to be there for much longer as he stared at the orange sky of Titan to Mr. Stark. "Im Sorry'' It was all he could say as his throat closed up and he felt his body being ripped apart. He felt lucky that his healing ability kept him there a bit longer so he could say his sorta goodbye to Tony.

Everything hurt as he slowly came to. He could feel his body piercing itself together ash by ash. It felt like they were being sewed on bit by bit with a red hot needle. He laid there for a while not able to move and couldn't open his eyes. After his healing factor was finished fixing him up and the pain subsided to a dull ache, he cracked open his crusted over eyes from the tears he shed before he awoke here. It was nighttime, however no stars peeked through the gray and smoky haze. He felt the concrete below him and the chilly air the breeze brought with it as it attacked his left side. He blinked a couple of times and swallowed trying to urge himself to get up and access his surroundings. He tried to tune in on the sounds around him. He heard mummers of voices near him but his mind wasn't quite there yet so he couldn't make out what was being said. They must have seen him though because they stopped talking and he felt the vibration of footsteps coming his way. This sent his senses into a frenzy which gave him a sorta jump start as he sat up abruptly feeling himself up and down as memories from Titan flooded his brain. He felt and heard his heartbeat in his ears as his breath was quickening by the second. He started hyperventilating as he felt a pair of hands grab his arms prying them from his now crumpled shirt. Shirt, that meant he wasn't in his suit. He relaxed a bit at that and was finally able to get a good breath in and forced himself to calm down to not reveal him being spiderman by using his strength to shove said person away without thinking. The voices came clearer now as he glanced around accessing his situation. His senses are still alert but not blaring anymore. He looked at the person kneeling in front of him holding his arms in between them. He wore a domino mask and was in a black suit, a blue strip in a sorta bird shape going across his upper chest. "hey, you with us?" the guy asked. He saw something move behind him and glanced to see a guy wearing a leather jacket and a red helmet. He looked back to the guy in front of him and jumped to his feet, yanking his arms back to himself. He didn't get free instantly but ripped back again using more of his super strength this time. He stumbled back as he did so and the other forward. He continued backing up though "WAIT! KID! THE LEDGE!" The man in black rushed to him and reached a hand out grabbing for his arm again but missed as Peter sidestepped him. His senses warned him of the ledge he was nearing and so he darted his eyes around for a way out without using his webs or other spider abilities. It looked like he was on a rooftop that he would guess to be around a hundred feet up. all the buildings surrounding it were either too high or too far for a normal person and he was soon cornered on the edge of the roof by the two strangers.

"Woah kid calm down. We aren't going to hurt you. Just take a step forward, we don't want you to fall." They both had their hands out while taking slow steps like they were trying to comfort a stray animal. The guy in the red helmet has yet to say anything in this whole thing other than a couple cuss words when he missed at grabbing peter. "Who are you? What's going on?" Peter's voice was horse and it hurt talking. This led to him coughing roughly. The two guys took this as their opportunity and moved in quickly. The guy with the red helmet grabbed his arm and swung him around till he was in between the two guys. His coughing stopped soon after as he glanced back and forth between the two. "We are Nightwing and Red Hood. You know the good guys of Gotham, the bats." The one who claimed to be Nightwing exclaimed like Peter was meant to know what that meant. "Who?" He started to back up again but he was stopped in his tracks by the hair on his neck warning him of an attack from behind. He quickly ducked just as a metal pole swung where his head would have been. This was soon followed by the others moving in now a third. He wore a red and green costume and swung the staff around. "Woah, Robin stop!" Nightwing shouted. "What? you guys, we are getting our asses kicked by joker down there you were supposed to be down there 30 minutes ago. If you don't want the kid to jump, knock him out and we will bring him to the hospital later." Robin said back. Peter started for an escape route again spotting a fire escape on a nearby building. He could pull it off as parkour if he jumped. "There is no way we are doing that right Red?" Nightwing said, turning his gaze to Red Hood. "don't call me that and I mean I'm getting tired of this cat and mouse chase. I was honestly considering it myself." Red Hood stated. They all started bickering after that and Peter took that as his chance. Running and jumping to the fire escape. He heard all three of them yell at him as he jumped but he sprinted down the staircase. He didn't hear anyone follow so he assumed they went back to fighting whoever the joker was.

Peter took in the city around him as he exited the alley the fire escape ended in. His senses were buzzing even more than they had when he was fighting the crazy crew on the roof. He decided finding a place to gather his thoughts would be more beneficial than staying near the building he was on, in case they came back for him. Peter looked up as a bus stop across the street and jogged across the road being careful of the oncoming cars. The bus stop had plastic half walls around it and a roof to block rain. Lucky for him it wasn't raining yet. He saw a small plastic holder with maps sitting inside. He snatched one and sat on the bench waiting for the next bus. He opened the map and searched for something like a public library to go to. There he could possibly be able to contact Mr. Stark or even May. After looking across the map he finally spotted a library 'Gotham City Public Library' and it seemed to be on the next bus stop. He heard the bus pulling up and jumped up and walked to the door as it slid open. He started to walk up when the bus driver held out his hand waiting for something to be placed inside and stared at Peter. "Um, sorry. How much for the bus ride?" Peter reached into his pocket pulling out his wallet that was luckley still in there. "You need a bus pass kid, I don't accept cash" The driver frowned and pulled his hand away. "Oh. Um okay where do I get one?" He asked, putting his wallet back into his pocket. " There are machines everywhere with tickets, now get off my bus" The bus driver gave a wave of his hand to dismiss Peter. To that Peter turned, thanking him for telling him where to get the pass and hopped off. There didn't seem to be any other buses headed this way for a while so started his walk, map in hand. He was about an hour into his walk and nearing the halfway point when he heard someone scream a couple alleys down. He saw some people get visibly tense and start walking across the street or turn around to avoid the area. He gave a sorta disappointed look and tucked the map into his pocket. Jogging over he peaked around the corner. There was a man in ragged clothes holding a woman, who looked to be a street worker, by her hair and had a knife up to her throat. "Give me all you have Bitch, you whores get good more for using your body so you gotta have something so fork it over or else!" The guy pushed the knife closer to her as he spoke causing a small trickle of blood to form around the blade and drip down her neck. She let out a struggled sob. "I'm serious I haven't got anything tonight. I just started for the night, no takers!" She told him. Peter reached into his pockets hoping for his mask to be in there. He already knew his suit was under his clothes. It was hard not to feel the tight metallic fabric hug his skin. He came out with his mask as he glanced around for praying eyes he hurried it on and jumped into the alley with the armed man facing away from him. The lady however gave him away as she went wide eyed looking at him. This brought the guys attention to him dropping the girl and turning towards peter. "This isn't any of your business freak. What the hell are you wearing pajamas?" The man spoke, bringing the knife up ready to attack him. "Hey now we don't need to be violent do we?" Peter brought his hands up as he said this. The man just had a sinister smile and lunged at him. He jumped over the man and gave him a small push on the back and watched him fall face first as Peter landed facing him. "See someone always gets hurt when we play with knives" He put his hands on his hips and shook his head. "You son of a..." He ran at Peter with more anger, swinging wildly as Peter dodged each swing. Peter brought his hand to his mouth and mimicked yawning while dodging another attack. "Man, this is boring. I think I'm going to go ahead and end it here" Peter said, shooting a web at the man, webbing him to the dumpster behind him. The man became livid, thrashing around and screaming cuss words at peter. "The names spiderman" he told him before turning to the woman who was shaking on the ground staring at him. "Get away from me!" She yelled. Peter signed and gave a short "stay safe" before he shot a web to the top of the building and made his way up. He saw her typing on her phone before bringing it to her ear. He soon heard sirens in the distance headed toward her direction. He didn't think much of it till he also saw a couple shadowed figures traveling by rooftop headed that way as well. He stayed low as he didn't want to be caught. He soon made it to his destination, the library. He ducked behind the building taking off any visible spiderman gear and made his way to the door. The air inside the building smelled like old books and wood. He took in a deep breath and let it out as he continued up to a desk. A red headed woman came out of a door behind the desk and greeted him at the counter. "Hi-"She stopped for a moment, staring at him, her eyes widened a bit before she continued "how may I help you?" She asked him. He noticed a clock on the wall behind her that read 10:39. "Hi, when do you guys close?" He spoke softly, rubbing his hands together a bit. She gave him a long up and down once over before answering. "We close in 20 minutes but will be opening at 8am till 9pm tomorrow." He frowned a bit disappointed that his call for help had to wait until morning but gave her a quick nod. "Alright, Thank you!" He told her before turning and exiting the building.

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barbra quickly wheeled herself back into the comms room and threw on the headset. "Hey Wing, what did you say that guy you saw on the roof looked like?" She called over the shared coms. "Um? Brown semi curly hair, brown eyes, he was shorter than me and Red but definitely taller than Robin-""-Hey!" Robin interrupted Nightwing. There were a couple chuckles before Nightwing continued. "He had on a darker gray thin zip-up jacket. Why? Did you find anything on him?" He asked her. "Well, he sorta just left the library." She answered shortly before hearing him and Red Hood both yell "And you let him leave!" at the same time. "Well what exactly do you want me to do, kidnap him?" She questioned them "Well the way he was moving and the fact that he pulled out of Nightwings grip with no effort makes me think he isn't completely normal, besides before he came to he was talking in his sleep. He was repeating sorry over and over and talked about some sort of stone and time. Then he started screaming like he was being burned. It was creepy as hell man. It just doesn't settle right with me, something is wrong with the situation." Red Hood spoke. Everyone was a bit quiet after taking in his words. "Okay, okay, well I told him when we open tomorrow and I think he plans on coming here when we open. Maybe we can send signal to spy on him?" Barbra suggested. "What kid are you talking about.?" Batman butted in with a gruff monotone voice startling the rest. "Bats! Glad to see you made it back. Was Joker any trouble on the way to Arkham?" Nightwing asked him. "Nightwing." Batman warned. "I would also like to know who we are talking about." Spoiler throws in. "Some kid me and Red Hood found unconscious on a roof when we were headed to the joker fight. When he woke up he had a panic attack and ran from us. dodging everything we had. He even dodged Robin when he went to use his staff, we don't know how he knew he was there. It was crazy." Nightwing spoke up. "Hm... I'll send Signal on his trail first thing in the morning. Also keep an eye out for that possible meta in red pajamas that lady reported, you know my rules." Batman spoke once more. That was the end of the mystery kid for the night as patrol went as normal.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter made his way back to the roof tops for the night not really trusting the ground with how his senses were sending his mind into a slight headache. He settles on the roof of the library. Up there he re put on his mask and powered up the suit. "Karen, you there?" He asked with a somewhat pleading tone. He wanted some sort of comfort and really wanted to get a hold of someone. "p-e-et-er" a staticy and broken AI voice came through his communicator. "Karen!? Can you give me a suit diagnostic?" He asked her, sitting up a bit. there was more static before she spoke again "coms...none...satellite connections....unavaliable...connect to-to-to wifi source." she finally got out. Peter signed and let his head fall back against the raised ledge behind him. Peter felt his pockets noticing his phone was nowhere to be found and instead pulled out everything he did have to make a plan for the morning. He pulled out his wallet that had a whopping $20 in it that May had given him for his field trip, his school ID, and a couple of business cards that had no use. He also pulled out his now crumpled up map and a small piece of paper. 'I don't remember putting this in my pocket?' he thought to himself, opening the paper.

Parker - 'I'm sorry for forcing you into this situation. I didn't think it would harm you when you were transferred into this universe. I was mistaken and for that I apologize. This note will be the last contact we will have with you until we are able to stop this war. The time stone is in your care. Don't let yourself fall into the wrong hands, it would be nearly impossible to remove the stone from you without my magic; however, I'm saying that for Starks' concerns.' -Doctor Stephan Strange

The note fizzled into the same ash Peter had when he 'died'. Peter felt a ping in his heart at the note. 'A different universe...' He felt a tear roll down his cheek before he quickly wiped it away. But they continued falling. His throat closed up once more as he cried, heaving in as much air as he could. He could feel the panic attack as it formed, not able to stop it like he had on the roof with the masked crew, or the 'Bats' as they said. He gripped his shirt covering chest with one hand hard enough his nails cut through both the shirt and his palm. His other hand gripped his hair and he laid on the ground relishing in the fact he was alone in a different universe with no way of getting food, fresh water, or shelter. Of course as he is in his moment of despair he hears a loud crash of thunder as the sky becomes even darker. This made him cry even harder. After his attack came down he laid in the puddle forming beneath him as he shivered. He couldn't even turn on his thermal setting in his suit due to Karen not being online. He stared into the sky and waited for morning to come. He fell asleep a couple hours later as the rain died down.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter slowly woke to the sun rise shining in his face. He sat up wiping his face a bit. His eyes burned from his moment of grief the night prier. His clothes were soaking wet but luckily his suit had barely allowed the water in so underneath he was only a bit damp. He rang out his clothes the best he could before heading down and trying the library doors. they didn't open but rattled a bit 'locked' he thought. He put his hands up and put his head to the window looking into the clock he saw yesterday 7:55 it read. "Um... excuse me." He heard a voice from behind him which startled him. He whipped around being a guy in a yellow suit with a black bat pattern on the chest. Sorta like.."Are you trying to break in? They open in 5 minutes dude just wait" The guy motioned for the hours sign on the door 'Oh, that would have been helpful yesterday' he thought and looked back at the guy. "Oh! sorry, no I was just trying to see the time on the clock. I don't have a phone so I wasn't sure if I should wait around or look for a bite to eat" He gave a nervous smile to the guy. "Oh, sorry for assuming most people try breaking into places around Gotham, you know?" he rubbed the back of his neck before looking Peter over before tapping his ear and saying something into it. Peter listened in and confirmed his suspicions on him also being a part of this Bat group that he ran into last night. "I think I found him," He whispered. A couple familiar voices were heard through the comms "At the library?" "Ask his name Signal.". No normal person would be able to hear his conversation so Peter tried to act like he was just waiting on the library to open while the guy in yellow started talking again. "Sooooo, what's your name? I don't think I've seen you around these parts before." He said trying his best but wasn't very good at sounding like he wasn't being told what to do. Peter thought for a moment not sure if he should give his real name. "Um, Peter," He replied. He wasn't as confident out of suit so lying didn't come too easy. Not to mention a different universe meant possibly no Peter Parker. "Peter huh, got a last name?" He asked him. "I do" was all peter replied with. If it was true he didn't exist here then if they researched a peter parker and come up with nothing, then that would raise even more suspicion. "Can I know it?" Signal seemed to be a bit nervous now thinking peter might be catching on. "Um, well you know. Stranger danger! anyway gotta go have to go um.. study!" He gave a little smile before turning around hearing the door unlock, and pushed the door open seeing the same red head as yesterday. "Morning!" He said to her cheerfully. "Oh, um morning." she answered looking out at Signal. "So I'm guessing you want a library account right? I need a form of ID, a mailing address and a first and last name. A middle name would be helpful too!" She said happily wheeling back to the desk. Peter paused noticing a small ear bud in her ear. "Um, I think i'll pass on the account for now, just trying to find my way home. Gotta email my..dad.. to come pick me up. My phone was stolen and I don't have any money." he gave her a half smile. The ear bud could mean nothing but the way she looked at Signal then started asking his name and address, set his spidey senses off. "hm.. alright, the computers are around there." She gestured in their direction. "The guest login is taped to the bottom of the screen." She started typing something on her computer as he thanked her. Once he was around the corner he listened into the ear bud she was wearing. "-nks Oracle. you tried." Peter signed. 'Just great, I just can't seem to steer clear of these guys' he made his way to the computers anyway and logged in with the guest account. He began with the simple things such as looking up his name, Stark industries, Tony Stark, Avengers, Spiderman, Iron man, Captain America, but nothing came up for any of it. He signed, putting his head into his hands before starting again. If he was stuck here he needed to start getting living situations in order. He searched for homeless shelters and soup kitchens and took his map out. He grabbed a pen from a small black pen holder next to the computer and started circling places and adding the times and dates they were open. After that he researched schools. If he wanted to keep up with his studies he needed to get enrolled. not only that but he needed a solid lab to make web fluid. When he checked last night before reading the note he only had about 30% left. That was barely half a patrol's worth. He normally kept multiple capsules in his suit but when he came to this universe he didn't have any capsules on him, just what was in his shooters. He found a private school by the name 'Gotham Academy' .This was the only school that had the advanced chem class that had the equipment he needed to make his web fluid. He may not be home but he just couldn't help helping people. He would need to take an entrance exam to be able to apply for a scholarship. The next testing session was this weekend, Sunday at 2 pm and will be held at the library. He checked the calendar on the computer, it read September 23rd. Tuesday 11:15 a.m. He was surprised by how long it had been already but pushed it aside with a sigh. He needed documents to get into school and to get a job. So he began hacking into a hospital in Queens to add himself to the database, the same way Ned taught him, with May and Ben as his parents. He wasn't sure why he decided on making them his parents instead of his real parents but it felt more right that way. Maybe because he knew them better than he ever did his mom and dad, he was raised by may and he felt he had a purpose with uncle ben. Without either of them, he would never be who he is today.

It took longer than it should have with the older systems the library seemed to have but eventually succeeded. Then, with a few quick button clicks he sent a form to his newly created email address and printed it out. He thought his plan was going well, up until his parker luck hit and he realized the printer is not located by the computer but instead behind the desk. Where Barbra, the one in cahoots with the bats chasing him around, sat. He panicked, hitting cancel as quick as he could trying to stop it from printing but it was too late. He sprang up peaking around the corner and watched as she picked it up, her eyes widened as she scanned the documents before she looked over to where he stood. He began walking up to the desk rubbing the back of his head. "Um, sorry I didn't realize it would be printed up here" He nervously chuckled. She gave him a reassuring smile and shook her head. "No Problem! What are these for? Weren't you finding a way home?" She pressed on. "oh well, my dad said he wanted me to stay here for a while so he sent me some of my documents so I could attend school." He replied hoping it would satisfy her. "Oh, I see" her smile dropped a bit but handed him his papers. "Thank you." He told her before walking back, stopping around the corner and listening in again. "You're a god Oracle!" he heard a cheerful voice come through. "Well I mean he kinda gave it away himself. I did get it in the camera shot though so I can take a screenshot later and send it to Tim to research." she answered him. He panicked a bit at that and rushed to the computer. He needed to hack the camera system and delete any footage that had his records in it. He began erasing all his digital footstep leading to the documents and started on the camera feed. Once he deleted the segment with his documents shown he once again cleaned up any traces of him being in the system. After that whole fiasco was over he began looking up more info on the Bat crew and the other villains that seemed to be around Gotham before exiting the library right before 3 hit.

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unbeknownst to Peter however is that Barbara was always prepared and any feed on the cameras were sent to a document on her phone. Erasing it from the library's systems didn't erase it from her personal document. Later that day, soon after Peter left, Barbra sent the photo of the documents to Tim, she also noted the fact that the libraries systems lacked the footage she was going to send to them and explained that they were lucky that she was smart and thought ahead for situations like this that may come. Tim made quick work of the info and made a document of everything he found, which wasn't much to his disappointment. After his research they went out on patrol and that's where he dumped all his findings to the group. "So you're telling me. After all that. All we have is his full name and his legal documents" Red Hood stated, annoyed and somewhat angry. "Hey I also said he put his name in for this weekend's scholarship exams. If you haven't forgotten that's where we all go to school" Red Robin stated matter of factly. "That means watching him will be a breeze, '' Robin said confidently. "If I may '' Oracle started in. "I have a feeling he might be a meta. I mean I know we had some suspicions but he seemed to be listening in on our conversation and was acting strange after the run in with Signal. I think he realized I was helping you guys and was able to hear what we said through the coms." Everyone went into an uproar, upset that she hadn't warned them earlier on in the batchat or through the coms. She shrugged them off. It's not like it changed the situation much.

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter followed his map as he looked for the soup kitchen that's open every night from 5-7pm. It was located in a place called Park Row. He walked for a while when he saw a sign that read 'Park Row' that was crossed out with graffiti and Crime Ally was written over it. He frowned but made his way into the dimly lit town as the sun started to set, making the sky an orange tinged gray. He eventually found the soup kitchen after narrowly avoiding being mugged twice. He saw a line forming outside the building and took his place in it. He hadn't realized how hungry he really was till he started thinking about food. His stomach turned uncomfortably and he gagged slightly at the emptiness. His turn soon came as he dished up a large portion of goulash and a few bread sticks. in the styrofoam container they gave him. He decided eating in the farthest corner away from everyone was his best option but the place soon became filled and he was shoulder to shoulder with two guys whose faces had painted stains on them, it almost looked clownish but he shrugged it off. Peter finished his meal in a record time of 5 minutes. The digital clock on the wall near the back read 6:37pm. He didn't want to stick around too long so he quickly tossed his container in the recycling bin and thanked the staff standing near the door handing out containers and left. When he stepped out the night was much chillier then the night prier. He shivered as he began walking his way back out of Park Row. Normally with a place this crime ridden he would suit up and patrol, however, with his suit not working the best and his web fluid being so low he decided to hang low for the time being. He also didn't want to stay in a homeless shelter since he'd be taking a bed from someone in need. He was perfectly fine sleeping on rooftops, he thought it to be peaceful really. Though the cold wasn't something he handled well. He made his way to the roof of a very large building before sitting on the ledge looking out. He sat, feeling the most at ease since he's been here. He wanted to home badly, but if he did right now then it may end his world, so here he'd stay till he was brought back and told everything was alright, Thanos was defeated, everyone was safe, and he was a major piece in the plan. At least that helped put his mind at ease. It's not really like he did anything, he was just the host chosen to wait out the war with the stone. He didn't have the idea, the power, or the trust in himself to do this. The only reason he was here was because with his powers his body was able to harness the power enough for it not to kill him. So really it was Dr. Strange who should be praised for saving the universe. Peter felt his spidey senses go off as he heard someone sneaking behind him. They were really good at it, but nothing beats his sixth sense. Peter grinned at his thought, proud that he was able to sense it. Just before they reached him he spoke. "Why are you guys chasing me around? It's not like I've done anything to you." He asked, still looking out to the now dark city. The person froze in their tracks and he heard a sign. "How the hell did you know I was there" The voice sounded defeated as they ended up joining him on the edge. "You're blocking the wind" "You know, you're the only person to ever be able to detect us like that." Nightwing stated as he placed his hands behind him leaning back looking at the same view as Peter. "Oh yeah?" He questioned. "Yeah, We've been keeping an eye on you, we had a feeling you're meta. Looking at the things you've done we are almost positive." he said now looking at the tense and slightly panicked sixteen year old next to him. Analyzing his reaction. "What's a meta?" He tried to sound as unaffected as possible. He read about metas when he researched more about Batman and the Justice League. "Sorry kid, you're not squeezing your way outta this one Barbra already gave us your records and told us you were listening in on our conversation" Nightwing said as he stood once more. "Come one the others are waiting, we have questions and you're giving answers" He said reaching for Peter. Peter stood quickly and backed away. He didn't want to reveal more than they already knew so he stuck to strength and his senses when it came to avoiding Nightwing. "Come one kid," Nightwing warned him. Three others joined him and Nightwing on the roof surrounding him from every angle. He recognized Red Hood and Robin but the third he wasn't familiar with other than the pictures he saw at the library saying he was Red Robin.'Two Robins? That must be so confusing.' He thought as he looked between the four of them. "Where is the 5th?" Peter asked. He didn't want to be ambushed last second so he'd rather reveal he knew there was another and fight them all head on. they all tensed in surprise that he knew. "How did you know" a deep terrifying voice spoke through the darkness. Peter shivered at the night air and the power the voice held. Out of the shadows a dark figure emerged, Batman. Peter swallowed hard under his gaze before he straightened up. "You aren't great at hiding, I could hear your breathing." He said. They already knew about the super hearing due to Barbra so there was no point in hiding it now. Batman's scowl deepened at his response. "I don't allow metas in my city, '' he stated. Peter frowned at him "you think I want to be here? I didn't get the choice. I can't wait to go home. How do you think it feels being left on the top of a roof in pain after basically dying then waking up in a crime ridden city to be chased around from the get go. Not able to go home, having no one to turn to." Peter was getting a bit upset now. The bats seemed to be saddened by his words. not in pity but in understanding. "I'm here because I have to be." Peter had enough of feeling trapped and decided to get the fight over with. He went for who he thought he could get by, which was Nightwing. He had escaped him before he could do it again. He darted for the space between him and Robin but they both moved to block his path. He continued running though and barreled through their arms. not hard enough to break anything but as soon as he was though he went for the edge and jumped. He heard them all yelling in panic but he soon landed on a building nearby, too far for a normal person to jump but not someone like him. They all started after him in a rooftop chase. He was using his enhanced speed, which isn't much faster than a regular person unless it came to reflex and dodging but they were still hot on his heels. Peter began dodging and weaving through some of the air units and billboards a bit and started to gain ground. When he was far enough ahead he took his chance and ducked into an alleyway. The roof's had enough of a ledge that he used his spider abilities to flatten himself underneath the ledge. He waited a moment before he heard them stop above him. "Where the fuck did he go!?" He heard Red Hood call out. "How did we lose him, again?!'' Nightwing also sounded frustrated. "It's all Nightwing's fault he let him bust through us." Robin blamed Nightwing and they all started bickering again. "This is exactly the reason he got away the first time." He heard Batman scold them. they all quieted at his words and apologized. "We lost him this time but now we are 100% on him being a meta. We aren't sure of his motives but either way, this is the last time we allow him to escape." They all agreed to Batman's words and they left the rooftop soon after. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 882 21
Alan Moore was just a typical university student going about his day when a flash of lightning struck him out of nowhere; killing him on the spot. A...
799 85 42
Meet Yui, an 18 year old who has just started out on her pokemon journey. It had been a dream of hers ever since she was a small child. She not only...
649K 20.8K 30
"i'm not a superhero." "you will be." [ titans - season one. ]
33K 2.3K 42
people read the book trust me on this one