Perfection Unfolds In A Virtu...

By affirmselections

What would you do if your life was completely taken away from a character from a V.R. game? Or rather, what i... More

CHAPTER ONE - Figuring the truth out. What could the truth possibly be...?
CHAPTER THREE - The Birth of a Facade

CHAPTER TWO - Confession Of Void

3 0 0
By affirmselections

Xavier, are you there?

'What the fuck happened? It felt like someone just munched a part of me off.'

Thank goodness. I just conversed with the creator, and it is apparent they're certain I fail to recall about it. I suspect they could be monitoring us right now.

'Oh shit, they're on to us? Or is it like, they agree that I can live in an actual human body again? Man, I miss eating. I miss my food.'

Xavier, prior to having enlighten you about this, whatever did you do to Elijah?

'Oh, that freak? He tried to rape my little sister and she's not even old enough yet. And he was such a fucking moron. I wish I had hit him harder. They won't even fucking listen to me, 'cause Eljiah's such a good little boy and star pupil and all that shit. Don't believe any of that nonsense. What a degenerate. I want to pound his skull open so bad.'

Why is there the absence of taking note of your side? How can the principal be this foolish and illogical? Would you mind telling what your parents have done? Do they have nothing to argue against and defend you with?

'Okay, so, the thing is, I get in trouble with the teachers like way too often. And I can't even begin with my grades. So I was already on the bad side of the school. They'd ruled me out before I could even do anything.'

That's plainly ridiculous. How is the universe so arbitrary, detrimental and unjust? How about your sister? How was she coping after that? Was she doing alright?

'She just wasn't the same. She locked herself in her room and didn't speak to anyone.  I wonder if she's doing alright right now. Could you, um, like talk to her on the phone? I really hope she's doing okay...'

Certainly, I would be able to that. That would be the bare minimum that I could do to contribute. I'd even execute Elijah if that was your preference.

'Hell yeah! But it also be my preference to stay out of jail, though there's nothing more that I want but his death.'

I retrieved the phone from his coat pocket and utilised his fingerprint to authorise it. His wallpaper displayed two infants, presumably identical siblings, and a young child cradling them. The child's face resembled Xavier's, subsequently it had to be him.

'Sigh... I miss them. That's my little brother and sister. There's no one in the world I love more than them. I raised them more than my parents could.'

To be completely truthful, I'm not particularly familiar with the premise of siblings. You three sound like you have an impenetrable bond. I perused the contacts and encountered someone designated "spare part 1."

'Uh, so, since my sister's born three minutes before my brother, she's the older one. So she's spare part one. Don't ask.'

I chose to ignore the questionable choice of naming and continued with clicking on the call button. It ringed for a bit but someone finally picked up.

"Xavier, is that you? Where have you been? Please, just come back home. Mom and dad are getting frustrating. Rhode's doing fine. And before you ask, I'm okay. And I am so sorry. You wouldn't be suspended and you wouldn't have to go through that hellish game if it weren't for me. If I'd said something... maybe this situation would've ended different." Her voice begun to quiver and waver, phrases barely made it through her lips. I felt remorse for her. She shouldn't have received that treatment.

'Tell her this word to word, alright? Don't apologise, it wasn't even your fault. You didn't do anything. It was the principal and that moron Elijah, so don't blame yourself. Don't be hard on yourself, okay? I'll be home soon. The game wasn't too bad, got to meet some unique people due to it. I'll be back, don't worry. Be safe.'

I fulfilled what was I told to do, and she started sobbing and disconnected from the call. I was unable to discern if she was upset or understanding from those statements, but I hope everything went well. Xavier spoke to her in a more dulcet voice, in spite of the fact that he wasn't even speaking to her.

'She's a good kid. She understood, hopefully.'

How about your brother? Would've he desire to know what you've been up to?

'Nah, he'll be fine. My brother's mute, anyway. He doesn't like speaking to people much either. But he's a really bright kid,'

Ah, I see. He appears to truly care about them. They also seem to care profoundly about him. That is why I should give up this chance at life. He has people whom he lives for, and who want him to live. I do not posses that quality. 

'Also, thanks for doing that for me. And thank you so much for.. uh.. you know, trying to give me my life back. Cause you could've lived but you're sacrificing that for me, and you don't even know me that well. So thanks. But even if I've known you for only this short while, I really do wish that you'd... well... exist. You're real fun to be around. I wish there was a way we could've met as different people. I'll never forget you.'

Xavier I've decided to do this since you are deserving to live far more than I do. And my desire and dream is that you live as the person you were. You ought to remain alive. Despite the fact that I wish we had met under an alternate circumstance, it's not possible, but at least you get to live. You're the only person I'd want to talk to. Another desire of mine is to come by you at least once more if I ever was reincarnated. Ah, what is this feeling? I haven't felt this before. This emotion is so... foreign to me. I can feel my heart hurt. 

'I feel the same way as you do. I don't know what it is, but... I don't want to let you go. I love you.'

Love? What is that?

'You really don't know, do you? Hah... what you're feeling right now is probably that. Let's just say that I can't let you go because I love you. I feel affectionate towards you because I love you. I can't live without you because I love you. There are obviously different types of love, like friendship, a a parent's love to their child, and then there's uh... I don't know much about love. But I do know that I love you. And that this kind of love is, I think, called romantic love. I don't know, I haven't spoke like this to anyone before. But I know you haven't either.'

I'm certain I would go to any length for you. I feel this sensation for the very first time, if that's what love is pertaining to. Xavier, I love you, and cherish you. I too do not desire to part from you. 

Huh? What just happened? What's date and time? My back feels so sore. I see my phone in my hand and I instantly calm down. Good heavens, it's right here. Now, who should I call? Let's see. I'll give Vivian a call. She should be worried. I'm not even home and it's already 9:23 PM. I dialled her number and wait for her to pick up.

 "Xavier? Are you on your way to home yet?" 

"Yeah, I'm getting in the car now. I'm so tired for some reason,"

"You sound normal now, maybe a bit tired. You sounded so sad before when you called, what happened?"

"What do you mean? I woke up at the apartment. I don't even remember what happened before."

"Did you drink?"

"Could've. Don't know."

"You finished that V.R. game today, didn't you? You must've went drinking with Vincent or something after or something,"

"I'll call him right now and ask. I'll call you back. Love you,"

"Love you too,"

I hung up. What exactly was she talking about? Before? I tried hard but couldn't remember. It's as if a portion of my memory was erased. I feel like I'm overlooking something very significant. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Before I contemplate anything else, I need to call Vincent. I clicked on Vincent's contact.

"Yo, bro, everything alright? You weren't acting like yourself and just stormed off,"

"Huh??? I thought I went drinking with you and you dropped me here or something,"

"What do you mean? Right after you played that game, I knew something was off already. You told me you needed fresh air and I haven't seen you since,"

"I don't know... I don't remember shit." I groaned and ended the call. I know he's probably confused, but I'm even more puzzled. What happened after the game? Use your head, Xavier, think! I just can't fucking remember. This is so frustrating. Why am I so heated up about this? Nothing awful has happened yet; I'll just go home.

The setting is at an office. Two people exchange words over tea. 

"He doesn't suspect anything? Nothing at all?" The woman asks, concerned, but amusingly.

 "He did try. He was suspicious at first, but he just shook it off and walked home. He was really disgruntled and mumbling to himself the entire time. But he's back home now, and he actually forgot everything,"The man laughed, almost mocking Xavier, but ultimately aware of the the capability of the A.I.'s humane nature. "But I'm still wondering... could that have been the most advanced A.I. I'd made? He was self aware, capable of emotions, feelings... I wonder what'd happen if I'd program his intelligence into a robot or something, but it might backfire." He added, scratching his head. 

"Well, you could be on to something," The woman took a sip of her tea and continued, "You might as well do it. A human like robot. Or maybe, a human?" She questioned. 

"Haha, you do say some..." He pondered for a bit, actually considering the idea. "I think I'll do it." It would be a step for technology. It would be phenomenal. 

"You know that we aren't allowed to make life. There's a limit for us as humans. You aren't God, Damian." She laughed, knowing he could very well do it if he wanted to. 

"I'm not allowed to, yes. But there is nobody that can stop me, is there?" He raised his eyebrow and sipped his tea. "I'm going to do it."

The breeze blew stronger.

♡♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72K 2.4K 77
BANG... BANG..... BANG I jumped up out my sleep to three gun shots. I creep up to my door, opening it up just a little, seeing my father go to my...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...