Wenclair - The Monster I'm Af...

By SoleGim157

The confrontation with the Hyde, marked a before and after in Enid and Wednesday's friendship, which led them... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 3

63 1 0
By SoleGim157

POV WEDNESDAY

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
It's not warm when she's away
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And she's always gone too long
Anytime she goes away

Wonder this time where she's gone
Wonder if she's gone to stay
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And this house just ain't no home
Anytime she goes away...

The sound of knocking on the door, interrupting the melody caught her attention, surely some visitor for Enid, he thought so he reluctantly got up from her desk.

“Hey Addams!”

“She's not here, Tanaka” she said as she was about to close the entrance to her room again.

“Wait a second, don't close" the vampire requested, stopping the door with her hand.

The psychic gave in to the request as she looked questioningly at the other girl waiting for her to speak.

Hey I oughta leave young thing alone
But ain't no sunshine when she's gone

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
Only darkness every day
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And this house just ain't no home
Anytime she goes away

“Wow... I haven't heard that song since the '70s, melancholy Addams?” she commented as she caught the melody playing in the room; Wednesday simply pushed the door shut, ending the conversation.

“Wait! Please, I'm sorry!” shouted the vampire from the other side as she tapped on the door again.

“What do you want?” the brunette questioned irritated.

“I just want to talk to you" murmured the vampire.

“What do you want to talk about?” she asked suspiciously.

“I'll tell you, but first come on, let's go" she said as she headed for the stairs.

“Where do you want to go?” she asked as she quickly stopped the music and caught up with her companion.

“Just follow me, Addams”

“I don't understand why you don't just say what you want to talk about," commented the seer, who didn't get an answer until they reached the schoolyard. The vampire sat on the edge of one of the fountains whose view, despite the distance, allowed her to see the she-wolf having a picnic with a boy.

“First of all, I want to make it clear that I'm not the kind of person who gets into this kind of situation, but... I want to talk about Enid”

“What's wrong with her?”

“She misses you to begin with”

“I haven't gone anywhere, besides, she looks pretty good" she exclaimed, pointing at the scene with her eyes.

“There is a clear distancing on your part Addams and beyond appearances I know it's not right”

“I know why I walked away, and I have my reasons, but she has also decided to do so, I can't go against her will”

“If she made that decision, it's because she had no alternatives left... Make things right with her. She's a good person and I don't think she deserves whatever you're doing”

“I'm not doing anything”

“Well, that's precisely why, do something! Don't waste opportunities because others will take advantage of that" she commented while she turned her eyes to Ajax who was arranging the blonde hair of the lycanthrope.

“I don't know why you're telling me this" she muttered, averting her gaze nervously.

“You're smart, I think you do know" said the vampire smiling amused, seeing how Wednesday's reaction confirmed that her suspicions were right, the seer had feelings for the lycanthrope.

For her part the Goth could only think of the obvious failure of her attempts to hide what she felt for Enid, when she thought she could not feel more degraded Tanaka appeared to show her that she could still sink a little deeper in her humiliation; she had been discovered. It would be idiotic to try to cover it up now.

“Assuming I know what you're talking about" Wednesday commented after a long silence and with an almost imperceptible blush on her pale face "why are you helping me?”

“Because I guess you have no idea what to do with your... colorful taste”.

“Don't even think of opening your mouth" said the seer with a murderous look on her face.

“I just don't think you know how much she cares about you, and I think you should do something about that”

“I doubt your suggestion will come to fruition" she commented defeatedly.

“Why so pessimistic Addams, can't you see the future or something? Maybe it's not so disappointing”

“My visions are not something I can control, they are quite unpredictable”

“Then you should do like the rest of the world and take a chance; besides after her recent argument there's a chance she's planning to switch rooms and we all know neither of us wants that”

Wednesday raised an eyebrow questioningly “I guess that's the real reason you 'help' me”

“Don't get me wrong, I love Enid but being her personal psychologist when she's depressed is demanding" she clarified as she stood up to leave. “Just don't let her go Addams”

You don't let go of what you don't have. She commented internally.

POV ENID

-”Do you have the afternoon off?” asked the blonde at the end of class.

“I have to go to town to buy some things, but I wouldn't mind going with you" he replied.

“Great, we can get some ice cream or do something out there" replied the smiling she-wolf.

“Then I'll see you at the entrance at six o'clock" commented the boy as he kissed the lycanthrope's forehead.

Wednesday, who witnessed the scene, quickly left, but not before "accidentally" nudging Ajax with her shoulder.

“How long will you play the gorgon's girlfriend?” asked Bianca after the classroom was practically empty.

“What are you talking about? I'm not playing at anything, Ajax is my friend”

“But it's obvious he doesn't see you the same way Sinclair, it's not right to get his hopes up”

“I don't”

“No? Maybe I was wrong and you were just trying to make Addams jealous" the siren muttered as she left the place.

“How does she know about Wednesday?” she whispered to Yoko as she looked at her accusingly.

“I didn't say anything" replied the black-haired woman quickly.

“I don't want to hurt anyone" she said tiredly, "I'm just trying to keep busy, and get to my room without energy, it's the only way I can sleep; I hate to feel their indifference" she commented more to herself than to Yoko.

“I know how things are, my friend, you don't have to justify yourself to me”

“I know, it's just that I'm a little overwhelmed....”

“Yesterday I saw you talking to Wednesday" commented the blonde after a brief silence.

“Oh yes..." the vampire just answered with disinterest while she arranged her supplies.

“Aren't you going to tell me what they talked about?”

“Wow! I didn't know you were jealous and that I had to inform you of my interactions with Addams”

“No! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to…”

“Relax, I can't take her away from you, she told me she's crazy about you" she interrupted with a mocking smile.

“Don't talk nonsense Yoko”

“Didn't you want to know what we talked about?”

“I was just curious, it's obvious she wouldn't tell you something like that, you don't have to tell me what you talked about if you don't want to”

“I'm literally telling you that she confessed to me that she likes you," said the vampire seriously.

“Don't joke about that" she commented somewhat annoyed as she stuffed a book into her backpack.

“Are you still angry with her?”

“Yes, and I'll get mad at you if you continue with the unfunny jokes”

“But it's not a joke Enid! I basically told her that you missed her, that you were good people and not to miss the opportunity to be with you”

“ha ha" the blonde mumbled sarcastically, "and was that before or after she confessed her crush?”

“Before”

“Ok" she replied as she left the place.

“I don't understand why people always think I'm joking" added Tanaka as she caught up with her companion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 4.1K 22
Ever since the night of horror, Enid and Wednesday have grown closer. They've grown closer in a way Wednesday has never experienced before. Will the...
2.1K 63 6
Wednesday Addams, a 16 year old girl, attends Nevermore after being expelled at her old high school. As the school year goes on, Wednesday has develo...
4.5K 129 21
Wednesday returns to Nevermore after the events from...THAT night for the new semester. For Wednesday, this new means, new mysteries, new exploration...
15.3K 441 20
Wednesday finds herself feeling odd after getting to know a certain brightly colored werewolf. Her presence makes her heart race and her hands shake...