A Vandy Story

By savannah349955

Complications arise from her personal life affecting her professional life. She discovers things about herse... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 2

335 11 10
By savannah349955

After Andy had left Vic in the barn by her self she had been looking for Andy. She reached the beanery and everyone had told her that Andy had gone towards the locker room. As she was about to open Andy's bunk door, Andy had opened it. Before Vic could say anything to her she walked past her and went to the station gym. Herrera started hitting the punching board at full force until Maya walked in.

Maya- "Woah Herrera. Whose face are you imagining on that punching back right now?"

Andy- "No one"

Maya- "You are hitting that punching bag harder than I would."

Andy- "Did you come in here to talk or workout because if you are here to talk, just leave."

Maya- "Alright. I'll just get on the treadmill."

Just like that they worked out in a comfortable silence, or at least Andy did. Maya was worried about slipping up and saying the wrong thing. By the way Andy was throwing punches for all she knew, her face would be the next target. After Bishop finished running she left the gym and entered the beanery, where her team was sat.

Maya- "Have you noticed Herrera acting weird?"

Warren- "Other than ignoring us and going to her bunk earlier... No."

Maya- "She told me to leave the gym if I wasn't going to work out. She was hitting that punching back like it was her worst enemy. I don't think she's okay."

Montgomery- "I can talk to her"

Vic- "You can try but she pushed past me twice."

As everyone was talking about her, she walked into the beanery. Instead of saying hi, she walked straight to the fridge to get a bottle of water. After she downed the water, she went to take a shower.

Andy needed time to herself. She needed to figure out the confusion she was feeling instead of having her team prying at her for answers herself didn't even know. She lied in her bunk for an hour before the station was called in.

The speakers roared "Aid car 19-ladder 19-Engine 19"

Everyone went rushing down to the barn. Warren and Bishop were on aid car. Ruiz, Montgomery, and Gibson were on the ladder. Herrera, Hughes, and Sullivan were in the engine.

Of course of all people she has to be on the engine with Vic, Andy thought. The ride was silent, Andy made sure of it. They arrived at the structure fire of the apartment. Ruiz started handing out orders.

Ruiz- "Bishop. Warren, you're on triage."

Maya- "Yes sir" she said as they started setting up.

Ruiz- "Montgomery. Sullivan and Gibson, you're on fire attack. Herrera and Hughes your on evac. GO GO GO"

Now not only did they have to ride together, but also had to evacuate civilians together. Vic tried to talk to her, but Andy didn't respond unless it was work related.

Andy- "Seattle Fire. I need you to evacuate!" she said as she banged on each door.

Ruiz- "Herrera. Status Update?"

Andy- "Knocking on the last door now."

Ruiz- "Copy"

Andy- "Seattle Fire. I need you to evacuate the building immediately."

"HELP"

Andy- "We're coming in"

Andy kicked through the door with acid following behind. The fire was starting to creep into the room. It was a kid. Maybe 9. Home alone.

Andy- "What's your name?"

"Hope"

Andy- "That's a nice name. We need to get you out of here."

Hope- "I want my bear"

Andy- "Go with my partner here. Her name is Vic. I'll get you your best and I'll be right behind you."

Just like that, the girl took Vic's hand and made it outside. Vic had realised that Andy hadn't came out yet. Ruiz seen Vic come out but not her partner.

Ruiz- "Where's Herrera"

Vic- "This girl wanted her bear. She was alone. Andy was getting it and said she'd be right behind us."

Ruiz- "Herrera what's your status?" he said through the com.

Andy- "Ive got the child's bear. I'm heading-" before she could finish her sentence there was an explosion and the ceiling collapsed on top of her.

Ruiz- "Herrera do you copy?"

Ruiz- "HERRERA"

Vic could feel her chest tighten. She felt the glances, hand brushes, and compliments with Andy. She knew it was wrong that she was in a relationship. The thought about possibly being into woman as well weren't anything new to her. She felt them before, but she pushed them aside, but when the explosion happened the only thing she could think about was getting Andy out.

Vic- "We need to get her out!"

Ruiz- "We can't send anyone in"

Vic- "Screw it" she said as she started running toward the door.

Hughes ran in and was stopped by piles of rubble lying all over the place. She started to call out her friend by her first name. She made her way towards the apartment room that they had came before the explosion. She found Andy with her leg clipped under the rubble, lying there unconscious and barely breathing. After a couple minutes she was able to unclip her friend's leg. It was horrific. The rubbish went all the way to her femur. Exposing her bone. Vic quickly picked her up and ran out towards an aid car. Warren hopped into the drivers seat as Hughes hooked Andy up to machines.

Vic- "You need to stay alive, so you can tell me why you're icing me out. Come on Andy"

She started to code. Box had to start compressions, which took 3 minutes to get he back into sinus rhythm. They made it to Grey-Sloan within 5 minutes.

Link- "What do we got?"

Vic- "34 year old female. Ceiling collapsed at a structure fire. Her femur is exposed and she coded on the way here. It took 3 minutes to get her back. She has been unconscious since I found her." she said as they were wheeling her into a trauma room.

Vic was ordered to wait in the waiting room.

••In trauma 2••

Link- "Get me an ultrasound for her belly and a portable chest x-ray."

Link- "She has a pneumothorax and she's bleeding internally. Put chest tube in and rush her for a head CT NOW. Page Grey. She's needed in surgery."

They had her upstairs quickly and got her into surgery after a head CT. Dr Shepard was still keeping an eye on her during the surgery. Meredith started talking.

Meredith- "She had her hand inside a boy the first time we met. She was holding the hepatic artery"

Link- "You know this woman?"

Meredith- "Yes. She's Lieutenant Andrea Herrera. We met a few times after that when her dad was seeing doctor Bailey about his cancer before he passed."

Amelia- "The first time I met her was when her husband had a nerve surgery."

Link- "I don't think they're married anymore. The firefighter that brought her in was about it as worried as I would be if something happened to Jo."

Amelia- "Her husband was a firefighter"

Link- "I don't think her husband was a woman."

••In the waiting room••

Ruiz- "Your suspended for disobeying a direct order"

Vic- "Whatever."

Ruiz- "Is that all you have to say."

Vic- "SHE WOULD HAVE DIED IF I DIDN'T RUN BACK INTO THAT BUILDING AND YOU KNOW IT. SHES ONE OF US. SHE'S APART OF 19!" she said as she was crying which she never really did. when she finished she realized a few doctors had been standing in front of her waiting to finish.

Ruiz- "How is she"

Link- "We can only talk to her emergency contact."

Ruiz- "Who's her emergency contact?"

Amelia- "Victoria Hughes"

Vic- "Yeah that's me."

Meredith- "Let's go talk somewhere private."

As Vic was following the doctors into a private room, her chest started to tighten and she bang to worry more and more with each step she took. Would if Andy didn't make it through surgery? Would if she lost Andy? They finally made it into a room after what felt an eternity and sat down.

Vic- "Is she okay?"

Meredith- "She suffered a severe trauma, but she pulled through" Vic let out a long sigh.

Link- "Her femur was exposed to the bone and that does take a long time to heal."

Meredith- "She also had internal bleeding in her belly. I was able to stop it. We had to put a chest tube in because she had a pneumothorax."

Amelia- "Her brain seemed to be fine. Just a. minor concussion, but when she sends up getting discharged she will need to stay with someone for a while."

Vic- "Of course I would, but I'm not sure she would agree."

Link- "Why"

Vic- "She's been started icing me out. She's been ignoring everyone. Not only that but she is a very independent and stubborn woman"

Amelia- "Could her ignoring everyone be why she was in the building when it exploded?"

Vic- "No matter how she feels about any one on the team, she knows how to act during a call. She stayed back to get a 9 year old teddy bear. I'm the one who disobeyed an order by running in to save her, but I could just stand there and do nothing while she died."

Meredith- "How long have you known eachother? "

Vic- "8 years"

Amelia- "I have to ask, but are you and Herrera a couple?"

Vic- "What? No. We are both straight... I think?

Amelia- "Sorry if I overstepped"

Vic- "No. I actually think you helped figure out why she's been distant today."

Meredith- "Would you like to share? You won't be able to go to the ICU for another hour."

Vic- "Andy and I have been sharing glances, light bushes on the hand, and compliments for weeks now. I've questioned my sexuality before, but brushed it aside. I think that might be what's wrong. She's confused."

Amelia- "You might want to talk to her about it."

Vic- "I will. I do t want to be iced out for longer than today."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 68 10
Andy's life is crumbling all around her. Will things get better, or will she sink?
46.9K 927 13
Maya Bishop remembers being iced out by her team, she remembers being on the verge of breaking down every shift as the new captain of 19, and she mos...
62.4K 1.6K 23
Everything has been going perfect for the Bishop-Delucas. They have two amazing daughters, work is going great, and they are ready to have another ba...
41.8K 1.7K 78
Sequel of "Her Secret"