Legacies of Tremont

By Ghostwriter0411

25 years ago, a terrible tragedy struck the Tremont Hotel and lives were never the same. But Sulphur Springs... More

Meet The Main Characters (Concept Designs)
The Family Trees
Act 1: Old Town, New Beginnings

Chapter 1: A Fresh Start

21 1 24
By Ghostwriter0411

Welcome to the Act 1 Chapter 1 of 'Legacies of Tremont'. I may divide certain scenes into different chapters/segments depending how I think would fit the flow. But anyways, welcome to the first chapter of LoT AU.

Disclaimer: I don't own Secrets of Sulphur Springs or High School Musical The Musical The Series. My friend @zealous_light owns some of the mentioned OCs from her HSMTMTMS story "Weightless". I only own my Original Characters.

— — — — — — — — — — —

Sulphur Springs, Louisiana

Summer 2047

If you asked Elyon how she intended her summer to go, she'd rather still be in Salt Lake City hanging out with her two best friends Vikram and Phoebe. She'd be staying with her Uncles and Aunts, but noooope.

Elyon is now seated between her mother (Famed and Glamorous actress Gina Porter) and her Uncle Phyrros (a family friend, also a famous movie star)

Why are they en route to a rinky-dink town in the middle of Louisiana? No freaking clue! Her mom decided that shipping her off to her dad is the best way to start her upcoming school year.

"I don't get it, why couldn't mom just let me stay put in SLC with Tio Carlos and Uncle Seb?" Elyon huffed, pushing her braids behind her shoulder. "Vik, Phoebes and I were already discussing our auditioning songs for the Fall Musical. Madam Jenn was gonna do 'Hamilton' next semester."

Vikram 'Vik' Rodriguez-Matthew-Smith (yes, that's his legal last name) was her closest friend, and he was immensely disappointed when her mom thought shipping her back to dad's custody was the best way to spend the rest of her high school years.

Meanwhile Gina Porter (and Uncle Phy who's casted as Hermes) will be off filming the 3rd season (The Circe Saga) of 'Epic: The Musical' live action sitcom adaptation as 'Circe' somewhere in Europe for the next few months.

"Aunt Ash always agreed that I could stay with her and Aunt Mads. I was gonna room with Phoebes!" Elyon pointed out. I mean her parents had appointed Tio Carlos and Aunt Ash to be her legal guardians for those reasons.

"Now Elyon, that's not the right attitude. Besides, your dad's been looking forward to spending time with you." Her mother chided.

Elyon folded her arms in front of her chest and rolled her teal eyes. She silently held back a grumble of the circumstances. She had a plan: spending the rest of her high school with her two best friends in Salt Lake City...not shipped off here!

●・○・○・●・○・○・●

Sulphur Springs Bus Terminal

●・○・●・○・●

Phyrros was the first to bolt out of the luxury bus to reunite with his loved ones.

"MOONBEAM!!" Phyrros exclaimed happily as he made his way to his spouse.

"Hey Sunray," Indigo smiled softly at their husband.

"PHY!" A short dark-skinned woman with a significant amount of burnt marks over her skin greeted the tall actor.

"Cress, I missed you too!" Phyrros chuckled, hugging his sister. He looked over at his brother-in-law and smiled politely.

Elyon slowly walks out where she is greeted by her father: EJ Caswell.

"Hey Elyon." Her father greeted her.

"Dad." She greeted him with a thin smile.

Elyon has always been told that she looked like her parents, she had most of her mom's looks. The most striking parts she shared with her dad are her teal eyes and canine teeth.

Elyon silently scoffed at her parents. In her viewpoint, her dad is simply a shell of the man he used to be. He was once one of the best film producers and directors in Hollywood, and he just gave it all up to be a teacher!

"Eej," Gina breathed out.

"Gi, you look wonderful as always." EJ greeted his ex-wife with a smile.

"Elyon, you're getting more and more stunning each time I see you." Cress smiled fondly at the teenager, walking over to give the teen a hug.

"Hey Aunt Cress." Elyon's smile is small, but still more genuine than the ones she's giving her parents.

Elyon excused herself, immediately walking past her parents to put her luggage into his car. Besides, usually it's painful watching her parents make awkward small talk. Or their attempt at a friendly yet lingering hug.

— — — — — — — — — — —

"Indigo, the love of my love, the moonbeam to my sunray." Phyrros immediately got down onto one knee to kiss his spouse's hand. It was as sappy as Gomez and Morticia Addams.

"Keep it in your pants, Phy!" Cress yelled at her brother, casually smacking her younger brother on the arm.

"I only get to see my beloved spouse every once in a few months, let me enjoy this." Phyrros rolled his eyes at his sister's theatrics.

"Um...Eww?" Jeonghan feigned a gross look.

"Not like that, you pervs!" Phyrros rolled his eyes at his older sister and brother-in-law's

"How do you expect us to judge? You two are the only couple here who are romantically involved with an actual sex life!" his older sister pointed out with a smirk.

"CRESSIDA!"

"No, no. She has a point." Jeonghan can't help but agree with his wife, before listing out his observation from his peers, "I mean think about it: 'Shua is a single parent by choice; Harper, EJ and Gina are all divorced; Cressie and I are in a Queer Platonic Relationship and had kids via IVF. Other than Vernon and Seongcheol's marriages with their spouses, you two are the only stable marriage."

Cress nodded along with her husband in agreement.

"You're always taking her side because she's your wife." Indigo deadpanned.

"Guilty." Jeonghan grinned cheekily at his sibling-in-law.

"This reunion took a very disturbing turn." EJ commented after listening to his friends' remark.

"Why do you gotta rub our relationships like that?" Gina frowned, feeling rather awkward when remembering how her marriage with EJ fell apart. They used to be close and loving the way Phyrros and Indigo were.

"I take that as Ivy's staying over at my place tonight." Cress gave an understanding smirk at Phyrros and his spouse. She knew that they had a lot of missed-out date nights to catch up on before Phyrros and Gina had to reroute to Italy for their upcoming shooting by tomorrow morning.

"Thanks, Cress, you're the best." Indigo smiled apologetically at their in-law.

"Wait, where is my daughter?" Phyrros realized his baby daughter was missing.

"She's with Chaewon and Jungwon right now. They're at the park." Jeonghan explained.

"My little angel is growing up so fast, she doesn't want to spend time with her dad anymore..." Phyrros started moping about him missing out on his daughter's life.

"Let's get in the car and head back then." EJ changed the subject with a plastered smile. They all came in 2 cars: EJ's car (carpooling with Gina and Elyon) and the Kormos-Yoon couple's car (with Indigo and Phyrros carpooling)

Since Gina and Harper are cousins (technically second cousins), it was agreed that Elyon would stay at her aunt Harper's place for the semester. Probably for the better, because Elyon was already pissed at her parents for uprooting her life all the way to the middle of Louisiana.

Unfortunately for both EJ and Gina, their daughter ended up inheriting their stubborn and competitive streaks as well. Throw in the rebellious teen years into the mix, and you have Elyon being more prone to snarking and snapping at people.

By the time her parents had gotten into the car, Elyon had her sound blocking headphones on to tune out them trying to talk to her. She was staring out the window and turning up the volume on the music to drown out their voices.

Ugh, this is gonna be a pain to survive the next whole year in this small town!

— — — — — — — — — — —

And that's all for chapter 1, the next chapter will introduce us to the Dunn family and the New Tremont gang: the Kormos-Yoon siblings, Ivory, and Nick Dunn. (the only one missing from the roundup is Sara)

Chapter Talk: -

(1.) Ashlyn and Carlos have been made Elyon's guardians/godparents. She becomes best friends with their kids: Phoebe (Madlyn's daughter) and Vikram (Seblos' adoptive son). Also yes, Miss Jenn is still teaching/nearly retiring at East High, but Plot demands Elyon to be in Sulphur Springs.

(2.) I'm a fan of Epic the Musical, and therefore I type-casted Gina as Circe and Phyrros as Hermes for the future TV adaptation of the musical (each Saga is the equivalent of a Season). Seriously, go check out the musical, it's amazing.

(3.) Gina and EJ are divorced in this story, they still love each other but know going their separate ways is best for themselves (not for Elyon though). I turned the stove's angst meter on the highest temperature. They have a complicated relationship with each other and with their daughter.

(4.) Phyrros is a very affectionate family man who adores his daughter Ivory (to be introduced) and his spouse Indigo. Phy/Indi are also the only functional/romantic happily married couple, as lampshaded by Jeonghan and Cress themselves.

(5.) Some of my friend @zealous_light's OCs are mentioned offhand in this chapter. Now since most of the Weightless OCs are based on IRL Kpop stars (NCT, Seventeen), I leave some of their spouses blank so readers could project themselves marrying their bias, their kids are also left racially ambiguous so you can imagine what they'd look like. (Except for Jeonghan who's with Cress here or Joshua who is single by choice)

(6.) Now I still have other character designs for the ensemble list that I haven't released yet, but there will be interludes of character designs/descriptions once in a while.

That's all for chapter 1, feel free to let me know what you thought of the first chapter, because there's a lot more to go. Thank you so much for reading, and have a great day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
28.9K 373 27
Hayden Summerall is not happy. He is being forced by his parents to stay with the Leblanc family for the entire summer while they are away on busines...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
250K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...