Honkai Impact 3rd - The Ruine...

By KisaragiYuuta

An alternative bubble universe contained and hidden in the Sea of Quanta. Something not anyone would notice... More

The Lackey and The Captain
The Honkai in Nagazora
The Mark of The Void Part I
The Mark of The Void Part II
A Dragon, A Warrior, A Vessel
Bonus Chapter : Ren the Bait!
Ouroboros
Kiana? Not Kiana!
A New World and The Hunter
The Silver Butterfly

New Schicksal

280 12 2
By KisaragiYuuta

Athena woke up in the infirmary of Helios. She quickly sat up, to see Susannah sleeping by her side.

And Ren who was cutting up apples.

"Oh you're already awake. That's good. I'm glad you're okay"

Ren said and smiled with tears in his eyes. He then placed the plateful of apple on her lap.

"....Ren..."

Athena felt guilty for some reason, she saw how worried Ren was. It was apparently heartbreaking to see.

"Eat some apples and rest up. I'm gonna go back to work"

"Ren wait!"

Ren looked back at her with a smile.

"You....I...if you want to become strong, just say it. I'll....I'll do what I can"

Ren looked at her with the realization of what she meant.

"It's okay. Don't worry about it"

Ren left and went back to work.

"No point in wallowing in guilt"

"Ahhh!! Fuck! You scared me!"

Bronya was dumbfounded by her reaction. Thinking that Athena knew she was there.

"Sorry-"

Bronya who always kept to herself sat by her side. Looking at the window outside of Helios. When Athena was unconscious the whole time. They managed to leave the place with the back up oil they had. Reaching Helios was the first hard part.

The second one, was to eliminate the honkai beasts roaming around Helios. After managing to escape Nagazora. Jessica began to treat Athena's wounds.

"One more use of that vial will burn that arm of yours, is what the doctor said"

Bronya said.

"I see...thank you."

Athena sighed, but she didn't regret the idea of using it for their survival. Without it, they might have died there.

"Right, you're Bronya Zaychik, a former valkyrie and Herrscher right? What happened to you? Rather why were you in Nagazora?"

Bronya averted her eyes, thinking of how to explain it in simple terms to her.

"Firstly, I lost my Herrscher core. Second, I was looking for a friend"

The words that came out of Bronya's mouth just made it even more unbelievable. Herrscher cores are extremely important for a person like Bronya. If they don't have it, they'd return back to who they were before they had it.

"How???"

"During the third war, our....comrade was successfully corrupted by the honkai corruption and....by the Queen."

"That's..."

"Even with our Herrscher cores, my friend and I....we couldn't kill her. She was...very important to us. But because of our mistake. Countless died and we were truly monsters as herrschers set out to be"

Bronya's words had lingering anger, regret, and sadness. Without her help now, they wouldn't manage to escape Nagazora.

"Would you like to head back home?"

Bronya looked Athena as she suggested to come back with her.

"Possibly."

"Then stay with us. Besides we have to report what had happened in New Schicksal about the happenings in Nagazora."

"What? New Schicksal?"

"Yes, since the first branch was destroyed in the third war, our overseer managed to bring it back up"

"Is the overseer still him?"

Athena tilted her head in confusion.

"Him? No it's a her, Miss Theresa Apocalypse is our overseer"

"What?"

Bronya was shocked by the new information. A new branch? A new overseer? And Theresa is the head? That sounded absurd in its own way for her. Thinking about their past, she didn't expect Theresa to be head.

"Well, I'll head off. Rest well"

Bronya stood up and left the infirmary. Leaving Athena to her thoughts and rest for the whole day.

There were a lot of happenings as of now. First there was a Herrscher hidden in Nagazora. Second, the former Herrscher of Reason is with them, and third the vials that was made by Jessica worked but had serious side effects.

"Will the world really be okay after everything that has happened?"

Athena couldn't stop feeling the uneasiness she felt when they arrived at Nagazora. It felt like something was missing, something crucial.

-----------------------------

"Ren, how's Athena doing?"

Jessica was still working on those prototypes. While Ren was helping with the cleaning that Jessica neglected.

"She seems to be okay, she's resting now"

"That's good. No visual side effects? What about her arm?"

"Nope, nothing unusual"

Jessica sighed in relief, to think that her creation would be useful at times like these. Though the big problem was the after affects. Was the honkai energy too strong that it penetrated Athena's honkai resistance? She doesn't have a stigmata nor did she let herself get an artificial one. So what was the problem, that it had a big effect on her?

Jessica was troubled. If Athena uses one more dose of those serums, lucky enough she'll only lose her damaged arm.

"Ren, can I have some of your blood again?"

"Why?!"

"Something bothered me when I took your blood, I tried testing your honkai adaptability rate and as expected, you suck"

"Ack-"

Jessica then went silent.

"But, for some reason when I left it alone for a while, your blood stared to feed on the honkai energy. Which is definitely unusual. Do you have a weird family background?"

"Huh?"

"Nevermind"

Ren was just dumbfounded with every information he was given. His blood attacking honkai energy as if it was a virus? That's weird!

"So can I have some? I want to know more about this"

"Fine but you better stop moving around and messing things up here! I keep cleaning and cleaning everyday!"

"Deal"

-----------------------------

Bronya was at the captain bridge, looking out for possible honkai ambush. She was sure that the Herrscher lying deep down in Nagazora would never let them go.

Not to mention, she was anxious in returning back and seeing some old allies, friends.

Back in the past, during the honkai war. Bronya, successfully adapted to the Herrscher of Reason core had met with her two friends.

Though in the main storyline, they had something to gain first. The girl who wanted to be a strong valkyrie, had to accept who she really was. To accept the sacrifice her dear teacher had made for her. To see the reality in which she chose. To be strong enough to carry the world and protect those she loves.

The girl who became a sinner for the person cares most. The girl who met, befriended and understood the people of the past. To fight for what she loved, and to honor those who gave her strength.

The origin and the end that fought for peace, but in this world, they didn't accomplish that.

Bronya who witnessed the crack of their friendship in Nagazora. The crack that ruined humanity's survival rate.

The girl who became a sinner ended up fighting the person she loves. While the girl who fought for the beauty of the world became nothing more than the end of all things.

The worst part, even though they gained power. They couldn't do anything to their friend. Because in their heart, they love her. They wanted to save her. That's why they couldn't kill her. But that mistake led to countless of deaths. Meaningless deaths, and they carried that weight.

The sinner vanished, while Bronya herself punished herself by being stuck in Nagazora. Without even thinking about the people that cares about her.

That is why she's anxious. She is scared of what the people she abandoned would think of her, would say to her. She has given up hope.

This ruined reality is beyond saving.

After a day or two, reaching New Schicksal was close. Without any problems or ambushed, they managed to reach home safely.

[Captain on bridge!]

"Ah finally, I hate being stuck in bed. Fuck, Susannah was constantly nagging me to keep resting"

Athena complained.

"It's better that way, you almost lost your arm, right now you can barely function it. A few more days to heal before you can use it again"

Bronya said by her side.

"Nervous?"

"Maybe"

Bronya replied.

As Helios landed on the platform. Many of the engineers and suppliers had came to check on the damage of the ship, plus the supplies that were overused or lost.

"Welcome back Captain"

A maid bowed right before them. As the crew got down from the ship. Her honey blond hair and elegant feature. A battle maid, a valkyrie and an old comrade.

"Ms. Rita, is Overseer Theresa available?"

"Yes, she's waiting for your report"

Athena smiled and looked behind her.

"Ah and this is-"

"Yes, Ms Bronya has returned. I'm fully aware."

After a short greeting from Rita Rossweisse, Athena, Bronya, and Jessica went to meet with the overseer. Susannah and the rest of the valkyries had their break.

Athena and the rest entered the elevator, reaching the top floor. Entering the main office. Seeing tall figure, white hair and smile on her face.

"Good work, Captain."

"Overseer."

Theresa Apocalypse, a clone of the strongest valkyrie and the pride of Old Schicksal, Kallen Kaslana. From being a teacher to an overseer, some may say that she became so, because of her lineage with the old overseer but some saw her dedication and leadership.

"It's been a while"

Bronya stepped forward.

"...."

Theresa was silent but nevertheless, she was happy to see an old student. Theresa went close and hugged her firmly.

Right after the reunion of the two. Athena went straight with her report about Nagazora.

"There's a possibility that a Herrscher is hiding in Nagazora."

"So suddenly? There hasn't been any reports of herrschers awakening, not even our own"

Athena showed reports, results of honkai energy rate that spiked through the roof. Video feeds of unusual behaviors of honkai beasts.

"This isn't good. We have less S rank valkyries lately. If it is one of the 12 herrschers or worse, something new. We won't stand a chance if it attacks us."

"I agree, but I have feeling there's a big reason it's there."

Theresa looked at Jessica who spoke up after Athena's report.

"The Herrscher is probably hibernating, and stepping on its source was the trigger to waking it up. The only way to fight it back, is to have another Herrscher on board. Fire against fire"

Theresa looked at the reports closely. She knows the risk, and she knows what happens if things get tricky even if they plan appropriately.

Then her gaze looked at Bronya.

"It's impossible, I lost the core. I can't find it."

"Could it be in the Sea of Quanta again?"

"Could be, but if it was there. I'd know"

Theresa sighed and sat down on her chair, sipping some tea.

"Alright good work. Rest for now"

Athena and Bronya left the room but Jessica stayed behind. As the door closed, Jessica went forward and places the used vial that Athena used during her first battle.

"It worked but it had a big effect"

"Is that why her arm is like that?"

"Yes. But let me report something. I may have found a stabilizer"

Theresa placed down her cup of tea and looked at Jessica.

"What?"

"It's someone's blood. In fact, it's the blood of a failure"

To be continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 24 5
A human someday waking up inside of Imaginary Space, with no memories other than his name "Lux". I don't own Honkai Impact 3rd or any media used her...
7.6K 121 8
After the herrcher of the void is defeated by anti-entropy, Kiana is determined to fight back Schicksal after what they did to her. Kiana or K423 had...
119K 4.2K 96
The ominous specter of the Honkai, a clandestine force with the power to obliterate humanity at any moment, looms perilously over the unsuspecting wo...
2.8K 58 18
She want's to see them again That's what Kiana said, The Herrscher of Flamescion, and the one that sealed the Honkai in the moon It has been 8 years...