Hide and Seek (A Dark Mafia N...

Por mevalilies

Nikolaus Hiero Cassano, a notorious mafia boss known for his heartless and merciless ways, finds himself in a... Mais

Note
Malia Fey Acosta
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Briggs Revamonte
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 - Briggs Revamonte POV
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Nikolaus Hiero Cassano
Chapter 30 - Nikolaus POV
Wynnona Snow Fierro
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Note

Chapter 36 - Briggs Revamonte

111 4 2
Por mevalilies

Chapter 36

"Nikolaus is looking for a wife, and I was planning to suggest Boris. She must apply today before he finds someone else. Here's the script on what her life will be. Where is she?" Just last night, she asked me to write down what she would say about Boris's life if there's a chance Nikolaus picks her as his wife. Kagabi pa naka ready itong script.

"Madam, Boris is injured. She can't go there today. She's currently resting now." Saad ni Blaze. Iyon din ang rason kung bakit wala ngayon dito sa pagpupulong si Boris. "The underground transaction last night didn't go well, which is why we got into a fight and also the reason why Boris got injured." Dugtong pa nito. Blaze is the head of all our underground transactions.

"Why is she there? And why did you let her get injured?"

"Calm down. I'll just find someone else to do it." Singit ko bago pa siya sumabog dyan.

"Who? I don't trust anyone except you all, and now you're going to disappoint me?" Napatungo nalang sila. "I will not allow my plan to be ruined... I'll apply as his wife."

"What? Are you fucking serious, Snow?" React ko.

"If Boris can't do it, then I'll do it." I don't know if she's just joking, but her expression says she's not because she looks so serious.

"Huwag kang magpadalos-dalos, Snow."

"I've already decided, Briggs." She looked at me, seriously. Napasapo nalang ako sa batok ko.

Wynnona Snow started to prepare herself to become Malia Fey Acosta. She cut her hair a little shorter than her usual long hair, cut her long nails and removed the nail polish, put on ordinary contact lenses, and didn't wear makeup, just to look like a simple and poor girl who needs a job. She wears contact lenses because her eyes are too dark and scary. Iyong mukhang kaawa-awa dapat ang kailangan. She also covered up the butterfly tattoo near her chest. Hindi naman halata iyon kapag naka t-shirt siya, huwag nga lang s'yang magsasando. But just to be careful, she covered it.

The 'tatay' she's referring to became her driver when I wasn't around, and he got hospitalized due to his real sickness in Malia's story. Totoo iyong sakit niya at matagal na talagang naka confine sa hospital. Meanwhile, Manang Lina is one of her maids na in-assign niya na bantayan ito. This maid is also aware of the character she's going to portray once chosen by Nikolaus to be his wife.

"You need to learn how to cook, Snow." Sabi ko dahil may isang gabi na lang siya para magprepare at magpractice. Pupunta na siya bukas sa bar na pag mamay-ari ni Nikolaus para mag-apply ng trabaho.

"Cook? No way." Tanggi niya kaagad. Napabuntong-hininga naman ako at lumapit sa kanya.

"You have to learn to cook. You must cook for your husband." Giit ko. Matalim niya tuloy akong tingnan dahil sa pamimilit ko. I just stopped myself from laughing because I'm not used to seeing her with those eyes that look kind, unlike when she doesn't have contact lenses and makeup on, her eyes are really scary. Pipiliin mo nalang talaga na huwang s'yang titigan.

"He's rich. He has maids to do it for him. So, I don't need to learn those things or any household chores, Briggs."

"But you're portraying as Malia. Malia na laki sa hirap na sanay sa lahat ng bagay, so you must learn those basic things, Snow." Seryosong sabi ko. She closed her eyes and sighed for a moment. It looks like she regretted her decision. Hindi pa siya nakukuha n'yang bilang asawa ni Nikolaus pero naii-stress na agad siya. Paano pa kaya kung siya nga ang mapili?

She has no choice but to do what I have said. I teach her how to cook adobong manok and other fried dishes na madali lang lutuin. Also, how to chop ingredients and do some household chores, and a lot of things. Madali naman s'yang turuan, maliban nga lang sa paghihiwa.

Before I leave the mansion, I asked her again about her decision to apply as Nikolaus' wife. I couldn't accompany her to the bar because Nikolaus would surely look for me since we were also heading there. Tsaka may mga pinapagawa rin sa akin si Nikolaus sa kumpanya na kailangan kong matapos kaagad.

"Are you sure you're going to do this? Like, you? You'll pretend? I doubt that, Snow. How can you support someone you hate?" I know her very well. Baka makita niya lang si Nikolaus, baka kung ano na ang gawin niya. "You and Nikolaus... you have the same attitude and temper. Baka hindi ka magtagal kasama siya."

"This will be fun, Briggs. This is just the beginning of the game: Hide and Seek." I sighed. Mukhang desidido na talaga siya kaya wala na akong magagawa pa para pigilan siya.

"Hindi basta-bastang tao si Nikolaus, Snow. Theron is also there. Sa tingin mo ba, hindi ka niya ilalaglag?"

"I know his loyalty is not to us. I can't trust him, but Theron knows me well. I hate those people na pakielamero." Pinagkrus niya ang mga braso niya. "His Dad doesn't know that we're divorced and annulled because he knows how his Dad will react once he finds out. So, I will use it against him. If it doesn't work, you know I take care of those people who get in my way." She looked at me, and even though she's Malia right now, I could see how her real eyes reacted.

"Goodluck. Boris will accompany you there. If anything happens, just call me. If you get accepted, remember what I've said about Nikolaus."

"Don't worry, Briggs. I can handle myself. If he easily finds out who I am, then I have no choice but to take him down."

"But as much as possible, be careful. He's a great advantage to your plan." Dagdag ko pa bago tuluyang umalis.

Snow, I mean Malia, got accepted after the other one backed out. I just found out later that Snow handled the first one who got accepted before her. Hindi ko alam kung binayaran niya ba ito o kung ano man.
Right now, she's currently inside the car with us, heading to Nikolaus' hideout mansion. It's not his real mansion, it's just where the new recruits are trained.

Nandito lang kami pansamantala dahil may mga mahahalaga kaming inaasikaso rito. And Malia was just new, it was expected that she would be brought here to know more about her. But it looks like Nikolaus doesn't care about her presence.

I saw how Theron reacted when he saw Snow here as Malia. Ibang iba man ang itsura ngayon ni Snow pero kilalang-kilala niya ang itsura ng taong ito lalo na't lumaki sila ng magkasama, naging magkaibigan, hanggang sa naging magkaaway, at kinasal pa pero ngayon ay magkahiwalay na. I waited for him to immediately tell Nikolaus who Malia is, but he didn't did. He waited for everyone else to leave before he talked to her about it.

"I know you're surprised that I'm here." Pinangunahan agad siya ni Snow na magsalita nang sila na lamang dalawa ang natira. Habang ako ay nakatago lang sa may gilid ng pader pero alam ni Snow na nakikinig ako. Hindi kasi alam ni Theron na isa ako sa tauhan ni Snow.

"What are you doing here?" Mariing sabi ni Theron at mahigpit pang hinawakan si Snow sa braso. Hindi man lang pumiglas si Snow at bagkus ay tiningnan lang ito ng matalim na may kasama pang ngisi.

"You don't need to know why I'm here. But I'm warning you, Theron, don't do anything that will make me mad, or else-"

"Or else, what?" Mas lalong lumawak ang ngisi sa labi ni Snow.

"Or else your Dad will find out about the divorce and annulment." Patuloy ni Snow, which made Theron chuckle.

"Go tell him. I don't care at all." Theron didn't even seem worried about his Dad finding out. What will Snow do? Mukhang may balak sabihin ni Theron kay Nikolaus ang totoo.

"I know you're protecting someone we all know is gone. If you don't want that person to officially be considered gone, don't do anything stupid." Napakunot ang noo ni Theron katulad ko.

What does she mean by that?

"Cheating?" Snow chuckled. "I know you're doing that so the issue will be focused on you and not for your Dad to find out the truth. So, think about what you'll do, or else you'll know what will happen, Theron."

"You won't scare me with that."

"I'm not trying to scare you. I'm just advising you to be careful with your decisions." Humakbang si Snow papalapit lalo kay Theron habang diretsong nakatitig sa mga mata nito. "But let me remind you, the person you're serving is the son who killed Mom, our Mom."

"It was his parents, not him."

"He's still a Cassano."

Days passed, and Nikolaus doesn't seem to suspect Malia. I'm not sure if Theron said anything to him, but as of now, I haven't heard anything. Mukhang gumana naman ang mga sinabi sa kanya ni Snow which is good. Walang magiging problema.

Nagulat ako nang mapagdesisyunan ni Nikolaus na i-sama si Malia sa Black Desperados. It would be dangerous knowing that different mafias was there. Baka biglang may mangyaring gulo at madamay si Malia. Snow can handle herself, but as Malia, no. No one can see her as capable of fighting especially Nikolaus. Kapag nangyari 'yun, malalaman ni Nikolaus ang pagpapanggap niya.

The party where it happened was inside the cruise. It was the Royal Cruise Ship owned by Snow herself. That's one of the legacies she inherited from her mother. I know everyone is expecting her here, but she never attends this kind of event. Hindi siya interesado.

Tonight, one girl will pretend to be Wynnona Snow because Boris can't. Those attendees will see Snow for the first time. Sa tagal-tagal ni Snow bilang isang mafia boss, she really ensures that her identity is hidden from everyone, and only a few know her real face. Even on the internet, you can't find her face. That's why a lot of people, especially in the mafia world, want to talk to her and partner with her. Snow's mysterious persona and her reputation in the underworld was indeed formidable. Kaya maswerte iyong pinauunlakan niya na makita at makausap siya.

Snow makes excuses so she can't attend the event. It's not because she's afraid someone will recognize her there, but because she really doesn't want to expose herself, even as Malia. She really hates attending events. Pero wala s'yang choice dahil gusto s'yang i-sama ni Nikolaus. Ginagamit lang naman siya ni Nikolaus para makalapit kay Wynnona Snow without knowing na nasa tabi niya lang ang tunay na Wynnona Snow.

I just recently found out that the real reason why Nikolaus wants to talk to Wynnona Snow is because of the Familia Fierro. May kasunduan sila ni Don Balderick Fierro, ang Dad ni Snow, na dapat makipagsundo rin si Nikolaus sa nag-iisa nitong babaeng anak na si Wynnona Snow na maging partners din sa business and underground world. Iyong kapalit ay hindi ko na alam. Ang tanging nakakaalam nalang no'n ay si Nikolaus.

Ano ang isang bagay na hiniling niya sa Familia Fierro kapalit ng kasunduan kay Wynnona Snow?

Snow is using him while Nikolaus also wants to use her for his plans.

Nikolaus instructed Malia to attend the party exclusively for women. He tasked Malia with something that should be given to Wynnona Snow, without knowing that the real Wynnona Snow is her wife. Pero pagkatapos ng halos isang oras, may biglang sumabog sa dulong bahagi ng cruise, dahilan para magkagulo ang mga tao.

"Find my wife," utos ni Nikolaus sa amin na agad naming ginawa. I also radioed Los Royales who are here and tell them to find Snow as well. It looks like the whole cruise is about to explode. It seems like Utopia Empire planned for this, which we already expected.

Utopia Empire are Japanese mafias that Snow declined to become allies with last year. Those organization became angry with us, Los Royales, for declining them. They're just small fry, but it looks like they came back for this to seek revenge. Mukhang mas lalong ng lumaki ang organization nila pero hindi pa rin iyon enough para pabagsakin kami.

The cruise was destroyed because of the explosion.

Agad kong nilapitan si Boris nang makita siya sa dulo ng hallway. She's also looking for Snow, but we already found her inside the cabin. She's currently unconscious

"Did you find her?" She asked. Tumango naman ako.

"Find the Snow who I got to pretend to be her, and all the members of Utopia Empire," utos ko na ikinanoot ng noo niya.

"She's a member of Utopia Empire, but you still chose her?" Ako kasi ang kumuha sa babaeng 'yon. I didn't asnwer her, so she sighed. "What will we do to them?"

"Kill them all." She looked at me but nodded.

Snow gave me the order that if she wasn't around or unconscious like this, I would decide what to do and give orders to the rest.

Habang ginagamot ni Ryker si Snow sa loob ng van na natamo siya, nandito kami sa labas kung saan tinatanaw namin ang apoy mula sa cruise ship ni Snow. She will be mad when she sees this. I already predicted her reaction.

"Did Utopia Empire do this?" Narinig kong nagtanong si Nikolaus kay Theron. Nasa likuran lang nila ako.

"Yes, they're one of Los Royales' enemies," he confirmed. Ibig sabihin, alam na nila kung sino ang may gawa nito. I expected that Theron knows this because, of course, they were once married. "What's your plan?" Dagdag pa ni Theron.

"Let Los Royales handle it. It's not our fight to deal with," sagot ni Nikolaus and I agreed. "Briggs," akala ko ay tapos na pero bigla niya akong tinawag.

"Yes?"

"Bring me the fake Wynnona Snow who hurt my wife." Kumunot ang noo ko.

"How did you know she's fake?" Hindi siya sumagot at tumingin lamang kay Theron. Did Theron already tell him who the real one is?... I doubt that.

I did bring the fake Snow, but she was already dead. Boris killed her and all the members of the Utopia Empire. I told Nikolaus that Los Royales already made a move and did it. Nang makakuha rin ng tyempo, pumasok ako sa kwarto ni Malia para kausapin siya. She's still recovering.

"What happened while I was unconscious?" Inunahan niya na kaagad ako magsalita pagkapasok ko sa kwarto niya. Itatanong ko palang sana kung kumusta na ang lagay niya.

"Utopia Empire was already gone." Naningkit ang mga mata niya.

"That member of Utopia Empire who pretended to be me. She's familiar, but I don't remember where I saw her."

"She's your elementary classmate who joined the organization just two years ago," saad ko. We did research on each member of the Utopia Empire.

"Did you catch her before Nikolaus did?"

"Only her dead body was what Nikolaus received," I clarified.

"Good, then."

"Did that girl do that to you?" Tukoy ko sa mga nakuha niyang sugat at mga pasa. "Why didn't you fight back? You were just inside a cabin," dugtong ko pa.

"Did you know how much I wanted to kill that woman that night? But there's a CCTV camera inside the room, and I know Nikolaus is watching me," mariin n'yang sabi. Napakunot naman ang noo ko.

"What do you mean?"

"I think Nikolaus is suspecting me, so he's watching my every move," she speculated.

"What's your plan, then?"

"She may be suspecting me now, but I know she still has no idea who I really am, so I'll do nothing unless he makes a move himself."

Nikolaus brought Malia to the underground transaction tonight. The big client was Don Yakuza. It was a smooth transaction kahit tuso iyong matandang iyon. Pagkauwi sa mansyon at pagkaakyat ni Malia sa taas, agad na sumingit si Theron.

"How did she know how to speak Spanish?" Dahil sa tanong niya, napatingin sa kanya si Nikolaus, mukhang curious din.

"Ang totoo n'yan, tinuruan namin si Malia kanina ng basic spanish," sagot ko.

"Oo, kasi naisip namin kanina na baka bigla s'yang kausapin ni Don Yakuza. Eh, magaling pa naman 'yon magspanish kahit laki sa Italy." Sumingit din si Nero.

Theron may not directly tell Nikolaus who his wife really is, but he's dropping hints to make Nikolaus doubt Malia's true identity. But, he's always failed to do so.

Malia sent her freshly baked banana loaf to Nikolaus's office. Hindi ko alam kung ano iyong nakita ko pero nakita kong nakangiti si Nikolaus habang nakatitig sa ginawang banana loaf ni Malia. I don't know what's with the smile, especially knowing that he doesn't like sweets.

Also, someone from the front office department gave him food, but he didn't eat it and just ignored it. Ang tangi niya lang kinain ay iyong ipinadala sa kanya ni Malia na banana loaf. Hindi ko rin alam kung ano ang pumasok kay Snow at nagpadala siya nito. Maybe she was really that bored to make a banana loaf.

"Bakit nagpapaturo ka kay Nikolaus gumamit ng baril?" Tinanong ko siya.

"Being Malia is so weak. I can't move and do what I want. At least, if I was trained as Malia, I could use guns and fight too." May point naman siya. Mabuti na rin iyon para hindi siya palaging nasasaktan.

"Good luck with your training, then," sabi ko.

For Malia's last training, Nikolaus called all of us to stand at the end with apples on our heads. Itong mga apple na nasa mga ulo namin ang dapat matamaan ni Malia. Kinakabahan lang ako dahil mukhang may iba pa siyang plano bukod doon. Besides sensing it, I know her very well.

I saw how she looked directly at Theron, smirked, and pulled the trigger against him. Tama nga ang hinala ko na may iba pa s'yang plano. Sinadya niyang patamaan si Theron sa may braso. Kunyari ay hindi niya ito sinasadya pero ang totoo, sinadya niya talagang patamain iyon kay Theron. In the end, Theron and I were shot by her. Yes, even me.

"Hindi ko sinasadya, Theron," rinid kong sabi ni Malia pero palihim na nakangisi.

"I'll kill you next time," mariin na sabi ni Theron habang nakahawak sa sugat nito. Snow just shrugged and sarcastically smiled.

When she saw me, she just raised both of her hands and looked at my wound, na siya naman mismo ang may gawa.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. I just got distracted earlier." Sabi niya at alam ko naman iyon.

"Your Dad is inviting you to his upcoming birthday." I changed the topic because this wound means nothing to me. Daplis lang naman ito at sanay na sanay na sa ganito.

"Why are you telling me that? Of course, you already know my answer, Briggs." Iritableng sabi niya.

"Snow may not come, but Malia is. Nikolaus is invited too, so of course, his wife will be there too." She looked away, galit ang reaksyon. "I know you don't want to see them, but be there as Nikolaus's wife, as Malia." Dagdag ko pa.

While Nikolaus is away, he entrusted his company to Malia and to attend his meetings. Nang kami nalang dalawa ang nasa loob ng conference room, kinausap ko siya.

"You approved the proposal to have a partnership with Wynnona Snow, knowing that it's impossible? I scheduled Nikolaus to talk to you many times, but you always declined. Then now you'll help to contact Wynnona Snow? Yourself? Anong plano mo, Snow?" Tanong ko sa kanya.

"I did it to divert Nikolaus's attention away from me. Boris, after all, is pretending to be Wynnona Snow. She can handle it. And maybe it's the right time for him to meet another fake Wynnona Snow," she explained.

Nikolaus chose Malia to be the head of the project, so she did her best to contact and meet personally with Wynnona Snow which is Boris. Until we met her and had the chance to play with her in Royal Casino. Nagulat pa nga ako nang dumating si Nikolaus para maglaro kasama namin.

In the first game, it was Boris who won the game. But for the second game, Snow wouldn't allow herself to lose, even under Malia's guise. She never loses to anyone because she won't let it happen. Kaya kahit kalaro niya si Boris na naglalaro bilang Wynnona Snow, hindi niya hahayaan na matalo. Her ego is very important to her.

When we were already in Italy, it seemed like Theron was planning to tell Nikolaus the truth about Snow. But Snow didn't allow it to happen, knowing that she's so close with Nikolaus's non-biological parents, who killed her Mom.

"I warned you, Theron!" Snow slapped him. Nasa loob kami ng isang kwarto. Theron already knows that I am a spy too. He can't believe it. Sobra s'yang nagulat nang malaman iyon. "I am so close to my plans, so don't meddle with me now. Just think that Nikolaus can gain an advantage from me, as Los Royales will help him with the war he's preparing against his non-biological parents, na kating kati na rin siya na mapatay."

His jaw clenched and he shook his head in disbelief. As he looked at me, my expression remained serious while holding a gun pointed at him.

"Just stick to the plan and do nothing. Let's bring this war to a successful end. After this, you won't see us again." Saad ko.

"Hate me all you want, Theron, but just do it for Mom." Snow spoke again.

Snow discussed the plan with Los Royales about entering the island. Papasok siya roon bilang Malia, pero tatapusin iyong war bilang Wynnona Snow. Isa siya sa magtatanim ng bomba sa loob ng Casa Cassano at palalabasin na hindi na makakalabas doon ng buhay si Malia.

With that plan, it became easier for her to leave Nikolaus' side without him knowing her true identity. Hindi ko lang alam kung ano ang magiging reaksyon ni Nikolaus. Mukhang... napamahal na ito kay Malia.

Snow has already decided to end things as Malia, as she also promised to Theron. I know her only goal is to get revenge for those who killed her Mom. But I also know she cares for Nikolaus. What I fear is when Nikolaus found out the truth. He may like Malia, but not as Wynnona Snow.

If that happens, another war will happen, but this time between them.

But...

I hope love still prevails.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

89K 3.5K 67
Araw na sinimulan: Ika-14 ng Nobyembre 2020 Araw na natapos: Ika-19 ng Setyembre 2021 Simple at mapayapa ang pamumuhay at paninirahan ni Bedegraine S...
15.1K 291 28
WRITE: 020724 COMPLETE: 051824 Caspian Morgan Conan is a charming but introverted man who finds himself unexpectedly in Starlla whose spirit shines l...
3K 1.5K 34
Did you experienced being hurt again and again to only one person? Wayve did, She always forgive him because of love. Wala eh marupok unting suyo lan...
2.5K 135 30
Bago pa masabi ni Senna na siya ay nagdadalang-tao sa kaniyang nobyo ay naunahan na siya nito sa pakikipaghiwalay. Tinanggap niya ang katotohanang hi...