Vows Of Serenity

By roopdiaries

°• Book 1 in the unexpected marriage series •° *:゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "They tried to hide their feelings with silence... More

copyright ©️
Dedication
*:゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
Author
100k~✨
IMP
chapter 25,26,27.

17.

3.8K 582 264
By roopdiaries

- Finally, Moksh's POV!!
Abhi votes aur comments toh aayenge na? 👀

- mujhe toh bas ek andar ki baat batani thi,
Ab se no more zhagda laga-ing, only pyaar karing between them~😌👍🏻

- T A R G E T
450 likes, 250 comments
* target pura kar diya karo Bhai, kuch nhi jayega*✋🏻🙂
...

M O K S H

I squinted my eyes when I felt the sun rays hitting my face, disturbing my sleep. I scrunched my face trying to get rid of the disturbance, I shifted on my side and ducked my head inside the pillow when I felt a presence beside me. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and I slowly opened my eyes lazily.

The unique smell of vanilla and chocolate filled my senses and my eyes widened when realisation dawned upon me. My wife

Sleep flew away from my eyes when I saw her sleeping beside me on the bed. Her hairs were scattered on the pillow, her long lashes fanned her cheekbones, her lips were drawn into a small pout and she looked calm yet disturbed.

I was seeing her nearly after a complete week and a half, but it felt like a lifetime had passed without her. We didn't contact or talk for the entire time she was in Mumbai, I decided to give her the much-needed space she deserved and wait for her until she was ready to let me crawl into the walls she had built around her heart.

"Lasya?", my voice was throaty since I'd just woken up, and it carried a certain doubt as if she was an illusion I was gazing at. "Hm?", she replied, her lashes still closed, trying to sleep.

"You? I mean, how?", I stumbled upon my words, trying to form sensible statements, too afraid to offend her in any way. "I'm tired moksh, I returned late. Can we talk later? let me catch some sleep, hm?", she said, her voice drowsy as she covered herself more with the duvet.

I fell mum, admiring her sleeping form.
I don't know what love was, what it was like to be in love, or what it felt like. But from what I've known till now, it's like a fatal feeling, a mere delusion that sinks so deep in your head that it clouds your thought process.

But I still want to drown in those thoughts, get stuck in the clouded storm and never come back if it's Lasya whom I was falling in love with.

I didn't just simply want to fall in love with her, I wanted to walk in love with her, grow in love with her, and spend our life together being madly in love with each other.

I know my perspectives might sound foolish, but this is what I've seen around growing up. My grandparents, my parents, and chacha-chachi, everyone has different definitions for love, and I want my definition of love to be Lasya.

There's this Japanese phrase that I read once, 'koi no yokan'. It doesn't mean love at first sight. It's closer to love at second sight. And I understood it when my eyes met the hazel orbs of Lasya.

I realised the feeling while meeting Lasya, I knew that I was eventually going to fall in love with her. Maybe I didn't love her right away and not even, but it's inevitable that I will someday, and I've felt the flower blooming slowly.

"Moksh?", her voice was heavy and she felt exhausted. I could feel her eyeballs rolling through her closed eyes and the ultimate urge to caress them burned in my bones but I controlled it. "Hn?", I answered, blinking my lashes.

"Can you please massage my head? it's like hurting terribly", she sounded tired and her forehead wrinkled with lines. I scooted closer to her, still maintaining enough space between us to not give her the slightest discomfort with our proximity. I gently combed my fingers through her hair and applied pressure, massaging her head.

A few seconds later I saw her facial features releasing and her breathing changed to soft rhythms.
Jadu toh hai mere haathon mein, aur vaise bhi dabane ko toh mai sab kuch daba dunga, yeh toh fir bhi ser hi hai!

[Translation: there's magic in my hands]

Half an hour later when she was in deep slumber, I slowly tried slipping off the bed, ensuring not to disturb her peaceful sleep since she was a light sleeper. She frowned at the withdrawal of my touch and I patted her head like a baby to calm her and adjusted the comforter on her body. Aw! Mera baccha!

[Translation: aww! My baby]

I stepped out of the bed and walked towards the washroom. Getting ready for the day, I stood in front of the mirror admiring myself.
Handsome toh mai bohot hu, hamare bacche agar sunder hue toh apni maa se jyada mujhpe jayenge!

[Translation: I am very handsome, if our children grow up to be beautiful then they will take after me more than their mother.]

When I stepped into the room, I saw Lasya awake sitting on the bed. She rubbed her eyes cutely and then searched for something. Her curious and sleepy hazel eyes finally settled on me standing near the closet door and they relaxed.

She gestured for me to come closer with her hand and with thinned eyebrows I followed her command like a puppy.

Isse ab kya ho gaya hai, aase toh kabhi mujhe khud se paas nhi bulayege, koi chudail toh nhi na chipat kyu hai? Kisine totka toh nhi kar diya ispar?

[Translation: What has happened to her now, she will never call me near herself, she is not bewitched, right, why is she clinging to me? Has anyone done some trick on her?]

Doubtfully I walked towards the bed and stood near the side table on the right side facing her. She looked up at me and blinked slightly, trying to get rid of the sleep.

"Do you have aspirin or something? My head, it's busting", her morning bed voice was huskier, turning me on in every fcking sense something I was going to crave listening to daily.

Honestly, she looked both immensely cute and dangerously fuckable at the same time with her dishevelled hair and sleepy eyes and I knew I wasn't going to have enough of it anymore.

"I do, get freshen up quickly and have your breakfast, then take the medicine", she nodded and attempted to get down from the bed. I helped her get down while holding her wrist and she didn't flinch or get nervous like always, rather she welcomed my help with a small thank you and disappeared in the washroom. Great improvement, I see.

Rummaging through the medicine drawer I finally found the headache medicine hiding under the heap of several other medicines. I read the expiry date and the content written behind the pill pack carefully. I didn't want my wife to get more sick.

After examining the details and keeping the medicine in my pocket I sat on the couch, going through my iPad and passed the time while waiting for her to get ready.

Half an hour later, Lasya walked out of the closet freshly showered. She wore an ivory-coloured Anarkali suit, her hair in a side braid and minimum makeup. Her nuptial chain and red partition of hair cast an angelic glow on her face and she looked no less than an apsara. She appeared fresh like a morning dew.

"Tum gye nhi breakfast ke liye?", she questioned looking at the time on the watch hung on the wall. "Tumhara wait kar raha tha, socha saat chalenge?", I replied and she formed her lips in an O, nodding her head.

[Translation: Didn't you go for breakfast?

"I was waiting for you, thought we would go together?"]

"Toh chale?", I kept my iPad in my work bag and shook my head in approval. She walked out of the room while I followed swiftly with my blazer hanging on my arm.

[Translation: let's go?]

No words were exchanged when we walked downstairs and I was too afraid to initiate a conversation. Meeting her after a week and talking to her normally after 2 months felt so surreal that I didn't want to burst the bubble I was currently living in.

"Good morning", Lasya greeted everyone with a smile, which they reciprocated. I walked towards my seat and was halfway through turning my plate when she shocked me by taking the seat beside me. I blinked my eyes surprised at her strange behaviour and everyone coughed teasing at my expressions.

"Lasya puttar, kab wapas aai tu?", dadi questioned easing the atmosphere. "Bas subah subah aai dadi, office mein kuch zaruri kaam aa gaya tha isliye hadbadahat mein aana pada", she replied making everyone nod in approval.

[Translation: Lasya dear, when did you come back?

Grandma just came early in the morning, there was some important work in the office so I had to come in a hurry.]

"So how did you feel going back to your family? You had a great time, did you?", it was Mom this time, who asked like a curious cat. No doubt Ziya has inherited the trait from her. "I did, aunty. I felt great going back and it seriously helped me clear my mind off certain things", Mom's expression turned a little sour when she referred to her as Aunty, but she masked it smiling at her nonetheless.

"I'm glad, you should plan this small trip to Mumbai more often, or ask your friends to come visit you here in Delhi", Dad said drinking his morning tea. Lasya nodded in his direction and the rest of the breakfast followed peacefully.

No! I wasn't letting my wife be away from my sight even for a second now, I was ready to beg on my knees for her forgiveness and I won't even revoke her if she decides to behead me.

Ek hafte ke liye hi gayi thi fir bhi meri jaan aadhi ho gyi thi, abhi aur Jane ke liye kahe rhe hai, pota-poti vagera nhi chahiye kya inhe?.
I frowned at everyone, the breakfast did not anymore tasted delicious to me.

[Translation: she was gone only for a week, yet my life had halved, now they are asking her to go again, don't they want grandchildren etc.?]

After breakfast, I picked up my blazer and walked towards the entrance before pecking goodbye to Mom, Dadi, Chachi and Ziya on the cheeks. I passed the medicine from my packet to Ziya.

"Give it to your bhabhi, ok?", I said, pleading with my eyes. She passed me a suspicious look but nodded nonetheless, taking the pills from my hand.

Finally, I sauntered towards the entrance waiting for the chauffeur to bring my car. On normal days I enjoyed driving to work myself, but today I don't feel like it because my mind was too preoccupied and saturated.

From my peripheral vision, I saw Lasya, ready in her office clothes, descending the stairs and walking near the car which stopped behind mine.

"You are going somewhere?", I asked admiring her beauty as she was dressed for the day. No doubt whatever she wears, she serves in everything. "Tumse matlab?", ouch! That hurt. I felt my heart pricking at her blunt tone and I bit my lower lip.

[Translation: none of your business]

"I'm your husband Lasya, of course, I am responsible for knowing your whereabouts and vice versa", was I sounding like an absurd dominating jerk? Was I imposing the husband's claim too much on her? "Thanks for letting me know, mujhe toh pata hi nhi tha", she rolled her eyes and I almost missed the mirth in her voice if not her trying to hide her smile.

[Translation: thanks for letting me know, I did not know]

"You're messing around with me, aren't you Mrs Moksh?", I lifted my eyes and didn't miss the way her cheeks heated up with my endearment. "You're already messed up Mr Mehrotra, what's there to mess with you", she replied, looking everywhere but me, avoiding holding eye contact.

"Yeah, messed up because your magnificent hazel eyes have held me captive in the deep green forest they resemble", my voice came out huskier and I noticed her biting her lips, as she blinked nervously, too flustered.

"Loss of words, are we? Lasagna?", I pressed my lips to control my laughter when I saw her expressions changing and irritation filling her bones.

I had intentionally misspelt her name, from what I had known from Samkyut, Lasya hates it whenever someone messes around her name.

"Aye, not with my name, Mister", I was right, as she threatened me pining me with a glare and I stared at her amused.

She pointed her index finger furiously at me and I held onto her forefinger, stepping closer to her which resulted in her taking a step back. "Mujhe bhul kar bhi ungli mat karna biwi, agar mai ungli karne per aa jau toh... You know better", I whispered slowly only for us to hear. I added the last statement after a pause and winked playfully at her.

[Translation: Wife, don't finger me even by mistake if I start then... you know better.]

Her eyes widened at the double meaning of my words and her cheeks coated with the crimson hue. Red was going to be my favourite colour from now on, for sure.

I gazed deeply into her eyes holding her captive under the influence. My eyes were filled with wonders and blooming love, while her's were filled with questions and a forlorn sadness, which I swore I would take away soon and then whenever we would have eye contact, her eyes would always be filled with happiness and love.

"Bhai-bhabhi?", Ziya's voice brought us out of our daze and both of us took a step back. I mentally cursed my sister for her wrong timing. We husband and wife were just having a moment and I was planning to tease her further but this sister of mine decided to not let her brother breathe peacefully. Lasya was red, all heated up with the blood gushing to her face as she blinked nervously.

"Ha, meri shehzadi", I added sarcastically and watched her lips twisting because of the nickname. "Not that nickname bhai, I hate that", she whined, pouting.

[Translation: yes, my princess]

"Yeh pehle sochna chahiye tha na, kabab mein haddi banne se phele", I whispered under my breath and glared at her while Lasya stood in her place, looking between us clueless.

[Translation: you should have thought that before third wheeling]

"Moksh baba, we're getting late", it was the driver's uncle who honked. "Ji uncle", I replied looking at him through the window and then turning back to the ladies.

"You aren't going to college today?", I asked Ziya, raising my eyebrows. "I am, but Bhabhi is dropping me off today and later after classes she will pick me up after which we will go shopping", she informed and walked towards her car before smiling sweetly at Lasya.

I nodded my head in understanding, opened the car door and placed my bag along with the blazer onto the backseat.

"Be safe and if you need anything call me, hm", I spoke and Lasya shook her head in approval. "See you later in the evening", she turned on her heels and I saw her retreating figure before she sat in the car and they drove out of the premises.

"You are still here? Haven't left yet?", I flinched when Dad kept a hand on my shoulder. "You scared me Dad", I sounded horrified while he arched his brow at me. I was caught off-guard by his sudden touch.

"I was seeing off Lasya and Ziya, they just left", I replied to his unasked question. "So caring for your wife?", he teased wiggling his brows.

"Stop teasing me, Dad", I sheepishly rubbed the back of my neck as my neck and ear tip turned red. He patted my shoulder laughing heartily before he walked towards the lawn.

I too sat in my car and the driver's uncle drove hitting the main road. In no time we reached Mehrotra and Co and I stepped out buttoning my blazer.

Inside the building, I was greeted by my secretary who briefed me about my schedule today while I took the private elevator to my floor.

Like the sensible man I was, I had hired a male secretary to avoid the irrelevant drama. I seriously didn't want to deal with a narcissistic secretary who would be a bitch to everyone for no fvcking reason.

I was halfway through my word in the afternoon when the door of my cabin was banged open and walked in a proboscis monkey-faced human whom I called my best friend. "I'm back!", he shouted, dramatically announcing his presence as if he was the first lady of a country

"Na tere aane ki khushi na tere jane ka gam", I clicked my tongue in annoyance and peeped at him through the file I was reading. "Ja na re, mujhe pata hai tu mere bina ek din bhi nhi rhe sakta", he winked, boosting himself as he plopped down before me on the visiting chair.

[Translation:Neither the joy of your arrival nor the sorrow of your departure.]

"Practically tu hamesha mere ird-gird hi rhta hai, kabhi mere office mein ya mere Ghar mein pada hi rhta hai", I rolled my eyes. "Well apparently, mere shaadi nhi Hui hai and I don't have a wife to whom I have to return after it hits dusk", he returned me the same look I passed him but with a hint of sarcasm.

[Translation: Practically you are always around me, sometimes you are in my office or at home.

Well apparently, I am not married yet  and I don't have a wife to whom I have to return after it hits dusk]

"Reminds me of, why aren't you married yet, huh? you bastard", I mocked, scoffing at him. "I guess, I'm just luckier than you since the almighty decided to spare me", he fanned himself flipping his hair

"Vaise, sunne mein aaya hai, bhabhi vaapas aa gyi hai", he said and I nodded.

[Translation: I heard, sister-in-law has returned]

"Yes, and dude let me tell you she's changed. Dar toh mujhe iss baat ka hai, ki galati se kahi change toh nhi ho gyi, mujh se pareshan hoke apni duplicate copy toh nhi na bhej di. I swear, yeh Lasya Moksh Mehrotra hai, kuch bhi kar sakti hai", he straightened his back and listened intently to the tea I spilled. I continued narrating to him the whole scenario and watched his expressions change with each sentence.

[Translation: I am afraid of the fact that what if she's replaced? After getting tired of me she decided to send her a duplicate copy. I swear she's Lasya Moksh Mehrotra and she can do anything]

*:゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Blurb~

........

- well, phir se khe rhi hu, book starting se padhlo. Publicity stunt nhi hai, na hi views ke liye kar rhi hu!🙂
Baad mein bolna mat ki book se familiarity ya voh phele jaisi vibe nhi aarhi!😌👍🏻

- toh sab badhiya? Kahani acchi lag rhi hai? 👀

- isse phele koi kuch kahe, mujhe bukhaar tha, 101° isliye~🙈✋🏻

- Follow me on Instagram for spoilers and updates, remember to like, comment, share and drop your reviews.🌷

Author🦋
Roop

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1M 197K 73
" HOW DARE YOU TRY TO HURT MY SON??" he shouted at her, his eyes bloodshot. "DON'T SHOW ME THAT FAKE TEARS OF YOURS. I KNOW YOU ARE JUST MASKING YOU...
4.6M 232K 149
❤️ Completed ❤️ She brings two coffee mugs in her hands and sees that he is busy with his work, she does not want to disturb him in any way, so she i...
317K 12.3K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...
144K 7.9K 49
BOOK 1 - YOUR SERIES . The one who was rude, arrogant, cold hearted used to melt when he was around the love of his life, vachi. Everyone knew about...