Vows Of Serenity

By roopdiaries

°• Book 1 in the unexpected marriage series •° *:゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "They tried to hide their feelings with silence... More

copyright ©️
Dedication
*:゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
Author
100k~✨
IMP
chapter 25,26,27.

16.

3.9K 536 186
By roopdiaries

- I'm back! After a long break, ig:)
I was away for too long, but it helped me clear my mind from a few things. So yeah, here I am!!🦋

- I am happy with all the responses this story is receiving so far, and I hope it'll continue in the future too!
No hate or comparison towards the characters will be appreciated and I won't entertain anyone.

- Also it takes only a few seconds to like, comment and even, to block the user who decides to disrupt the peaceful atmosphere here!😌✨

- T A R G E T
450 likes and 250 comments!
(*even though complete toh hona nhi hai, I'll have my fingers crossed*)🙈🎯
.........

L A S Y A

I gazed at the twinkling night sky with my lips stretched in a forlorn smile. I was on the big open lawn, surrounded by lush greenery all around. The sound of cricket added a soothing effect, as the night turned chilly.

I tightened my grip on the cardigan I wore when I felt rustling behind me.

"You okay?", it was Sam, he sat beside me on the grass. "I guess I am", I passed him a small smile before focusing on the night sky again.

"You have changed", his tone carried a certain amusement and I turned my head towards him, my eyebrows raised. "Changed, as in? In a good way or bad?", I questioned

"Obviously in a good way, pagal", he laughed, flicking my forehead. "Like?", I asked rubbing the area where he hit. [Translation: fool]

"Like, you don't run away from conveying your feelings, anymore. You openly express your affection towards others. You are more into hugs and all smiley everything. And you don't turn nervous or awkward when someone initiates a physical touch", he explained, as if explaining a toddler and I nodded tucking a strand of hair which escaped my messy bun.

"This is unlike me, isn't it?", I spoke doubtfully. "You are turning into that version of yourself when Nani was around us. You have learnt to live again, you aren't a breathing corpse anymore. You got emotional seeing Ashwini Kaku, and you hugged Prit, just like the good old times. The Mehrotras have brought the old Vini back, who's scared but not afraid to fight against the world", he answered wrapping a hand around my shoulder and smiling at me.

I just shook my head and focused on stargazing again. I love the time when Sam and I aren't being sassy and witty towards each other. We are just being us and providing each other with the much-needed comfort.

"You still love her, don't you?", my question seemed to catch him off guard. "Love is something you won't forget about in just a month, Vini", he blinked nervously, avoiding looking at me.

"But it can be forgotten if it's not meant to be or unrequited, no?", I asked. "That's the beauty of unreciprocated love, my darling. It doesn't end, it just gets stronger and stronger with passing time", he answered, a distant look in his eyes and I nodded my mind still in dilemma.

"You are afraid of falling in love, aren't you?", it was more of a statement than a question. "Hn?", my voice caught in my throat as I felt a loss of words. "Maybe it's the feeling of being the only one to fall, which scares me", I honestly answered moving close in his warm embrace.

"You like him, don't you?", he questioned, his eyes laced with mirth when he gazed down at me. "Honestly, I don't want to, but-," I rubbed my eyebrow with my index finger blinking nervously

"You do", he stated. "Just a bit, I guess", I motioned with my thumb touching the tip of my index finger and he chuckled.
I avoided eye contact with him, sheepishly rubbing the back of my neck.
The thought of Moksh left me giddy all of a sudden.

We fell into comfortable silence and Sam decided it was enough and not to tease me further. It was the beauty of the bond I shared with Sam, we had each other's back every time. Even though he was annoying and irritating at times, he very well knew how to comfort me and crack me up, lifting my mood whenever I had a bad day.

I focused on the stars which twinkled in the night sky.

"Even though I don't believe in God, but still. Hey, God Can you tell Nani and Ish that I miss them both.", my voice was low, almost inaudible. A tear cascaded down my eye and I sniffed. Sam sat beside me and rubbed my shoulder soothingly.

I sometimes don't understand, why the heavens needed the only person whom I needed the most. Everyone left me slowly, leaving me alone. Even though I find other people the one who left can't be replaced with anyone.

I sniffed as a tear escaped my eyes.

"He hurt me, Nani"
"I tried trusting him, but he proved it otherwise"
"Come back to me please, everyone is hurting me. No one loves me as you do"
"Come back, Ish. No one loves me, they all treat me badly, really badly"
"I miss you both, come back, please"

On days when I'm deprived of sleep and emotions, completely exhausted, and filled with anxiety, I sit by myself and wonder, what if heavens had visiting hours?
So that whenever I wanted, I could just go there, sleep in Nani's lap, where she would cocoon me in her warm embrace and never come back.

And just like that, the night passed in a blur. The next morning I woke up early and went for my morning jog. Everyone in the Mehrotra mansion was a health freak, they all did their daily workout, cardio or yoga, whatever they preferred.

No doubt the entire family was in shape and fit. And they rubbed it on me for a month and a half, I had to exercise daily with the younger Mehrotras.

Moksh was a gym rat too, the man wouldn't miss his gym schedule at any cost. This drool-worthy physique and veiny arms were the proof of his countless hours in the gym.
Kuch bhi bolo, pati maal toh hai mera!

[Translation: my husband is hot]

With my headphones plugged in and my favourite music blasting I jogged in the park alone. It was the early hour of the morning and there was barely anyone around much to my relief since I dislike people around, minus my in-laws even though the mansion was always bustling with people.

After my warm-up, I rushed back to Chauhan Nivas, got ready for the day and walked downstairs.

"You're going somewhere?", it was Avni, who had just woken up from her beauty sleep. "Yup, gonna go grab breakfast at Joshi's residence", I replied strapping my watch.

"Wait, I'm also joining you, can't miss Amrita Kaku's special chai parathas", the sleep flew away from her eyes and she ran back to her room to get ready. "Be fast, Avni. Me tujhya sathi thambanar nahi jasth ved, mala bhuk lagali aahe kasun", I shouted to which she just replied a loud yes.

[Translation: I won't wait for you for too long, I am famished]

And just like she said she was down in no time and we left for Joshi's residence, the big lavish bungalow which Sam has built with his blood, sweat and tears.

Unlike us, Sam wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Sam's family was a middle-class one, but still happier than us. He had worked to his bones, paving his way through the sea of manipulative corporate witches and making a name of his own.

While we were served on a golden platter, he enjoyed his normal life content with whatever he had, even though Prit and I were rich with all the lavish lifestyle, Sam still enjoyed his small two-BHK apartment with his family in the past.

And now, he has fame, and money, owns a big bungalow, various showrooms, a successful company and his name on everyone's tongue.

"Kaku, me aali", I shouted announcing my presence as soon as I stepped foot inside, Avni beside me. "You don't have to shout, tufan ke aane se phele hi uska andaza ho gaya tha", Sam descended the stairs stifling a yawn. I ignored him and walked towards the dining area.

[Translation: Aunty, I am here.

:The storm was predicted before it arrived]

"Good morning, Kaku," I wished, smiling brightly at Amruta Kaku who reciprocated my energy. "Good morning my child, and Avni you are having breakfast right?", she wished back and questioned Avni who nodded meekly, a crimson hue on her face

"Come, I'll set the table", she smiled and walked out while we helped her with other containers. The thing I loved the most about all the females I admired, may it be my mother-in-law, Chachi, Amruta and Ashwini kaku, all the ladies loved to cook for their families.

No matter how much house help they have around. It was their way to keep the family together and make everyone feel homely.

"Wow! Chai paratha", I exclaimed like an over-excited child. I was always a fan of Kaku's chai parathas, she would feed us this for breakfast whenever we visited her back then. No matter how simple this dish was, it was still a delicacy for us which we would relish.

The paratha's taste erupted in my mouth and I felt myself melting with the heavenly taste. "You're the best cook Kaku", Kaku chuckled at my remark and soon Anil uncle too joined us.

"Hey stupid", it was Sam who decided to let his presence known. He was freshly showered and in his work clothes. "You call me stupid? And what exactly have you achieved in your life that makes you a gyanchand?", I questioned pointing my paratha at him which I had rolled to dip in the tea.

"I-", he was ready with a nasty comeback but Anil uncle stopped him with his glare. "No fights while eating kids", he warned and we resumed our breakfast.

After breakfast, we walked out towards the main door bidding bye to Kaku and Uncle. Sam drove me to my office while Avni took the car to her college.

I was in my main Mumbai headquarters, going through the monthly reports. My eyes zeroed on the particular minor mistake they attempted to hide under the stalk of paper.

"Who's the one handling the new music festival happening the next month?", I questioned my secretary, Isha, she went through the details and then spoke, "Neha Kulkarni". "Call her", I ordered my finger stopping on the particular mistake.

"Good morning ma'am", it was the said employee. She wished me to which I did not reply and just stared at her dead in the eyes. She squirmed on her place and bit her lips.

I could easily intimidate people but I never used this mechanism until and unless needed and these people seemed to enjoy bringing on the worst in me.

"I gave you one work, one single work and you people can't do that without my presence huh? Is this how incapable you are?", my voice pitched at the end making both my secretary and Neha flinch. "Ma'am, I-", she shuttered, visibly shivering under my hard gaze.

"Is this why I am paying you all for? To get your lazy ass slagging like a sloth around in my absence?", I shouted passing her the black file. Her eyes widened when she read the lines I had underlined on the printed paper and she gulped looking scared towards me.

"Haat per mehndi lagi hai kya? Office mein colour coded dress maintain rakhna yaad hai, per project ki minor details yaad nhi! Kal kaunsa outfit pehna hai vho ek raat phele soch kar rakhte ho, per ek raat pehle project ki details team ko inform karne ka khayal nhi aaya?", I demanded an answer while she had tears threatening to spill from her eyes but I refuse to back away. These people were in need to be taught a lesson for their carelessness.

[Translation: Is there still mehndi on the hand? You remember to maintain a colour-coded dress in the office, but not the minor details of every project! You spend a whole night thinking about what outfit to wear tomorrow, but don't think of informing the team about the details of the project the night before.]

"This mistake of yours would have cost thousands of lives for god's sake!", I clenched my jaw trying to control my bubbling anger. My eyes hardened and I felt super pissed at her stupidity.

"Because the low-quality douchebag you decided to hand over the project is known for supplying cheap and duplicate materials which had previously resulted in many accidents. Just to save some thousands and get your ugly ass out of the project you caused a big blunder.", I typed something on my laptop and turned the laptop in her direction

"Have you run a background check on him, did you? In the last project he took, his stage almost collapsed, thank the stars that no one was injured. And imagine what would have happened if I hadn't checked this scammer, huh? We would have been under fire for this, the company would have been closed off with a lawsuit against us.", she looked shocked when she read the news flashing on the screen.

"I didn't know about this ma'am, trust me. He was highly recommended and he claimed that he was being falsely accused-", she took a step back when I banged the glass table cutting her sentence in the middle.

"Do you think your irrelevant excuses could change the fact that you might have landed us in deep trouble? Falsely accused or not, the man is a big cheat. Now stop shedding those tears and rectify this mistake of yours, and I bloody want the reports on my desk by dusk before your work hours end, am I clear?", I said to which she nodded and quickly squired away from my cabin.

I may look normal, but deep down I surely need a gun license to blow off these morons skull, no matter if they work for me or not.

I dispersed Isha, who followed behind Neha swiftly while I sat there massaging my head. Seriously this nuisance of people was a headache for me. Dealing with them was becoming unbearable, I guess I need new more professional staff who were more invested and dedicated towards their work. Phew!

It was early evening when I was joined by Sam and Prit. I was immersed in heaps of paperwork with everything piled up when my best friends showed up with lunch and refreshments.

"Since we knew that our vini dearest might have skipped her meals as usual, we brought her food", Sam exclaimed and set up the table. Prit sat on the visitor's chair and started filling my plate with the homemade food his mother had sent.

"There's something wrong? Isn't it?", he questioned when we were in the middle of our meals. Sam looked between us confused.

"It's -It's just complicated", I blinked nervously, Prit could read me like an open book which I feared a lot. No matter how much I try to hide my emotions he could easily read through the facade and won't let go until I spill the beans.

"There's nothing so complicated in your life which I can't uncomplicate, sunrise. So put on your good girl pants and vomit everything", he said and folded his arms around his chest. His eyes stared deeply into me, and they held a challenge within them, which clearly said that I better not lie on his face.

"So on the reception night, Moksh got back home drunk and I nearly had a panic attack-", I tiredly huffed and informed them about everything that happened that night, without leaving anything. Both of them heard me patiently without interrupting.

"That bastard, I had warned him not to do anything which brings you to tears, but he got damn dug his own grave", I flinched and that's when I notice how furious Prit has gotten.

He looked ragging like a bull, with red eyes. "He's my husband, Prit-", I was brutally cut in the middle when he glared down at me

"So what? Him being your husband doesn't make him some sort of God", he spat, pinning me with a furious look.
Never had I seen him so angry, I knew he had temper issues but he made sure to keep them in check whenever around us, especially me.

"He's sorry for his mistake", I tried to pacify him, not liking his outburst even a bit. Even though I understand his protectiveness towards me, he needs to calm down a bit.

"Oh really? Sorry? Do you think a mere apology can change the fact that you passed out in the middle of the night, in the freaking washroom, on the cold damn floor after a panic attack, tell me what would have happened if you wouldn't woken up, huh? Answer me", he yelled, a vein visible on his forehead. "I-", I stammered, trying to find words.

"Lose of words are we? Him feeling guilty doesn't change anything, he should be because that bastard committed a mistake", he jerked Sam's wrist away when he tried to calm him. And now it was my time to glare at him.

"Mind your tongue Prithvi Chauhan, not a word against my husband anymore", I threatened, clenching my fists. I saw a look of disbelief marking his face and his eyes hardening when I called him by his full name. "Prithvi, calm the fvck down, and Lasya you too", Sam, who appeared visibly tensed tried to ease down the situation.

"Oh, wow! You've changed Lasya, really changed. That petty husband of yours comes home drunk and you forgive him, tell me what if it happens again? What if he turns just like your father? What if he even hits you, raises hands on you, or abuses you badly? Will you still turn a blind eye and forgive him because he is your god-damn husband?", Prit's wounds haven't healed and have left deep scars behind. I did not blame him for his perspectives but I won't stand a word spoken negatively against my husband.

"He's nothing like my father, he's not like him-", he harshly stood up from his seat, resulting in the chair falling back because of the force.

"Blind trust huh? Badal gyi ho, Lasya, because the Lasya I knew won't even blindly trust her own friends, let alone her own shadow, she won't because she knows how things work. And you aren't that sensible girl anymore, you aren't my sunrise anymore", he said and I could feel something breaking in my chest. His words had managed to hurt me deeply. I bit onto the inside of my cheek when he used my name, he rarely did that.

[Translation: you have changed, Lasya]

I could tell that he was hurt, really hurt. I noticed his eyes softening when he saw tears glazing my eyes but he masked it as soon as it came.
His eyes turned into slits before he dashed out of the room banging the door on his way.

*:゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Blurb~~

"Vaise, sunne mein aaya hai, bhabhi vaapas aa gyi hai", he said and I nodded.

"Yes, and dude let me tell you she's changed. Dar toh mujhe iss baat ka hai, ki galati se kahi change toh nhi ho gyi, mujh se pareshan hoke apni duplicate copy toh nhi na bhej di. I swear, yeh Lasya Moksh Mehrotra hai, kuch bhi kar sakti hai", he straightened his back and listened intently at the tea I spilled. I continued narrating him the whole scenario and watched his expressions change with each sentence.

.....

- everyone wanted Lasya to take a stand for Moksh, lo, le liya stand!👌🏻🤷🏻

- but from a practical point of view, do you think Moksh did not wrong Lasya? Was his mistake not a mistake?👀
Jyda bolungi toh vivaad ho Jana hai~😌👍🏻

- I would suggest everyone to read the story from start, itna samay ho gaya hai last update ko, so if you read once again from the 1st chapter it'll help you get the sense of familiarity, baaki sab ki iccha~😗👌🏻

- vaise, we have all the Instagram accounts of the characters made, you can follow them and interact with them!🫶🏻📸🎀

- any IPL/ cricket fan here?🏏

Follow me on Instagram for spoilers and updates, remember to like, comment, share and drop your reviews.🌷

Author🦋
Roop♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.7K 4.1K 16
𝓘 𝓯𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓵. 𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓮𝓽𝓵𝔂. 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓹𝓵𝔂. 𝓑𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓵𝔂. _________★...
43K 1.6K 12
#𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤-𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ✧ 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 ✧ It's story of Anshumaan ♡ Krisha 𝗞𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗮 𝗚𝗼𝗲𝗻𝗸𝗮 Krisha...
1.8M 70K 79
'WIFE'...huh you call yourself my wife, He said very calmly. "A girl like u cannot afford to become maid at my house and u call yourself my wife." He...
10.6M 584K 64
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 They never thought of being each other's but destiny had another plans. 𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗬𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗬𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜...