Vows Of Serenity

By roopdiaries

°• Book 1 in the unexpected marriage series •° *:゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "They tried to hide their feelings with silence... More

copyright ©️
Dedication
*:゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
Author
100k~✨
IMP
chapter 25,26,27.

12.

4.6K 606 241
By roopdiaries

- Everyone's asking for a double update, sorry but it's kinda not possible to update twice in a single day. I agree I've pre-written updates, but all of them are unedited, and I am always caught up with studies. My studies need my attention too.

- But I will try my best to update frequently, every time after the target is completed!😌 Thanks for all the response the story is receiving so far.
Y'all can follow me on Instagram too.♡

- T A R G E T
400 votes and 200 comments
(The more you vote and comment, the more updates you get)
*I know ki mai laalchi hu,but hehe*🤭
........

M O K S H

Rays of sunlight peeked through the sheer curtains and fell on my face, disturbing my sleep. I buried my face in the pillow and groaned as a strong headache hit me. The hangover from last night was kicking in and that's when relaxation dawned upon me.

With a jolt I sat on the bed, clutching at the roots of my hair to get rid of the pain as last night's incidents flashed in front of me. Everything was blurred and I couldn't remember properly. The reception party, conference, slow dancing, fight with Lasya, leaving the venue, rash driving and then passing out of intoxication in the bar-, shit, shit, shit!

I cursed myself and tightly closed my eyes. I was foolish, too foolish to act on my impulse and touch the venomous liquor once again. Since that horrible night, I'd sworn on Mom, to never consume and quit but I being a complete moron chugged down two bottles of vodka like a madman.
Hell, I couldn't even recall the ruckus I created last night.

And the hangover was a cherry on top. A foul taste hit my tongue and I wiped the droll from the corner of my lips. The saliva dirtied my fingers and I smelled it, almost gagging at the disgusting smell. Chii bhai!
[Translation: yuck]

My eyelids felt heavy and everything around me spun. With wobbly legs and with the support of the wall.

Once I successfully stepped inside the washroom, I leaned against the doorframe as I felt dizzy all of a sudden. A strong gush of nausea hit me and I ran towards the sink, emptying all the content from yesterday.

The repugnant smell filled my nostrils and I turned on the tap immediately, standing with its support. My head felt heavy but still, I completed my morning chores, brushed my teeth thoroughly, took a refreshing hot shower and did my skincare before hopping into my gym clothes for the day. Only the gym can fix me now.

All I know is, I was in deep trouble. pure ghar neh class lagani hai meri, especially Mom. Because I had practically broken the promise I made to her years back. I had to make it up to her now because I messed up badly.

[Translation: the whole family will give me an earful, especially Mom.]

Per abhi thode dole-shole bana leta hu, biwi aa gyi hai abhi, impress karna toh banta hai na.

[Translation: But for now, I should grow some muscles, biceps and triceps, I have a wife now, it's natural to impress her, isn't it.]

Stepping out of the closet I walked towards the door when I noticed a small figure sleeping on the sofa. My eyes widened in realisation and I walked towards the couch. Lasya slept, completely cuddled up with the duvet in a foetus position.

She looked really uncomfortable but I refrained myself from carrying her to the bed. The last time I remembered her getting nervous and flinching was when someone tried touching her. She would turn completely awkward and jumpscare in with the slightest unintentional skin contact. And respecting her privacy I didn't do anything.

A small smile grazed my lips seeing her soundly sleeping and my fingers itched to remove the duvet that covered her face, hindering me from catching a glimpse of her beauty. My thoughts got the best of me and I slowly got rid of the duvet.

The smile fell from my face and my eyes hardened when I saw fingerprints on her cheek. Her left cheek was bruised red, and she winched when my fingers caressed the skin. My jaw clenched and anger got the best of me.

Kiski majal hai joh Moksh Mehrotra ki biwi per haath uthaya?

[Translation: who dared to raise their hand on my wife?]

All I could see was red, I so badly wanted to pent up all this rage and there was nothing other than sweating off in the gym. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't recall last night, clicking my tongue I softly removed the hairs that covered Lasya's face, disturbing her sleep.

There were bags underneath her eyes, I softly feathered the red skin, on her eyes, properly covered her with the duvet, and corrected her pillow.

I planted a chaste kiss on her forehead and stepped back. She must have been in deep sleep, if not she would have pouched onto me like a tigress, my tigress.

Grabbing my phone and the keys to Gulabo, I walked out of the door and closed it behind me. I checked the time on my smartwatch strapped on my wrist. It was still early for everyone to wake up this early judging from the back-to-back tiresome functions.

I took my protein shake which was placed on the dining table and made my way outside. Walking towards the garage I jogged towards Gulabo. Nearing her I kissed the front and then inserting the keys, I mounted the bike.

"Haye meri gulabo, ek tu hi toh hai meri, baaki sab toh moh-maya hai", I whispered, strapping my gym bag near my chest and kick-started the engine not before strapping my helmet.

[Translation: My gulabo, you are the only one of mine, everything else is an illusion]

I drove outside the gates of the mansion and accelerated the speed. The air pushed past my face and helped me clear my mind from all the events. In no time I reached the gym and parked Gulabo.

If I wanted I could easily have a home gym, but I wanted some time off everything to be me, just me. Nevan and I had a certain bro code to hit the gym at least thrice a week if not regularly, with our work commitments.

Entering inside, I dumped my bag on the nearby floor and started my workout. I had strictly warned the incharge of the place into reserving the whole gym for Nevan and me for four hours straight. I liked my place to myself when I worked out. I started with my warmup and was soon joined by Nevan.

Two hours into the gym my mind was still conflicted. I just couldn't remove the image of Lasya and her mother, the way her mother behaved with her was so disturbing and depressing to me. I was sweating profusely like a dog as my chest heaved up and down, I wiped the sweat with my towel and sat on the floor throwing my head back.

"Sad life bro, you got a sad life", Nevan tsked, showing me his fake sympathy just to get on my nerves. "Yeah! Because you are in it", I replied with my eyes still closed and heard him cursing under his breath.

"How's your hangover?", he questioned after a pause as he sat down beside me. "Bearable, I guess", I whispered and rested my head on his shoulder sideways. Both of us heaved a deep sigh, tired of our lives as we grieved about everything that went downhill.

"Mom naraz hogi bohot", I added huffing a deep breath. "Gussa nhi hogi toh teri aarti utaregi?", he sniggered and I slapped his biceps since he wore a sleeveless gym tee. "Ouch, haramkhor. Bade haath chalte hai tere aaj kal", he hissed rubbing the area where I hit him

[Translation: Mom must be so disappointed.

:If she does not get angry then she will perform your aarti

: ouch, bastard. These days you are using your hands a lot.]

"saale macchar, mara hi toh hai, tu toh Aisa behave kar raha hai jaise tujhe spank kiya ho maine", I  scowled at his ugly expression and he passed me a nasty look probably because of the insult. Both of us got into comfortable silence with my head still on his shoulder while we zoned out, staring into space.

[Translation: You bastard, I have only slapped your shoulder, but you are behaving as if I have spanked you.]

"Bhabhi kaisi hai?", he questioned after some time, breaking the silence. "Pata nhi, kuch batati hi nhi hai", I answered as a defeated sigh left my lips.

[Translation: how's sister-in-law?

: I don't know, she doesn't say anything]

"I don't know how to put this out in front of you, but there's something fishy in Bhabhi's past", his tone turned serious out of a sudden and I straightened my back urging him to continue, all the fatigue flying out of my body.

"When I was searching for her history, I found certain data missing. There's a certain gap of two years during her middle school, with no data about her admission from 7th-9th grade in any schools in Delhi or Mumbai. And then suddenly there are dots of her enrolling into Mumbai's topmost high school. The gap itself is sus, why would she drop out of school so suddenly? I mean, she had good grades, she was in the extra curriculum yet still", he provided me with the piece of information and a seed of doubt was planted in my mind. My brain was fogged with apprehensive thoughts.

"What do you think might have happened?", I questioned.

"Not sure, since there are no traces of her leaving the country or shifting to some other state. She was still in Delhi at that time but it seems like she was grounded", his statement added more to the mystery.

Since day one I was suspicious related to the Agarwals, their aloofness towards Lasya had left me wary and dubious. But all I know is I wanted to resolve this riddle as soon as possible before it's too late.

"Thanks, man", I thanked him and got on my feet, dusting my shorts. "Ja na saale, tere liye thodi na kiya hai, bhabhi ke liye hai sab", he smirked winking at me. We shared a good laugh and parted ways.

[Translation: Go away you bastard, I haven't done anything for you, everything is for my sister-in-law.]

Once inside the mansion premises, I parked Gulabo in the garage and kissed her one last time before walking inside. The maids were setting the table for brunch, I walked past them and ascended the stairs.

When I stepped inside the bedroom I found it empty, my eyebrows thinned and I searched for my wife. Ab kaha gyi yeh maharani?

[Translation: where is this queen bee?]

Shrugging my shoulders I got freshened up once again and stepped out of the room dressed for the day. I wasn't supposed to join the office, at least not for now. On the pretext of the wedding, my schedule was all freed up.

Descending the stairs I noticed all the members sitting and having breakfast. I closed my eyes and with a long intake of breath walked towards the table. It was high time I faced my family now.

"Itani Shakti Hamen Dena Daata
Man Ka Vishvaas Kamazor Ho Na
Ham Chalen Nek Raste Pe Hamase
Bhoolakar Bhi Koi Bhool Ho Na", I chanted under my breath.

[Translation:
give us so much strength, O Lord,
that the faith in our hearts never wavers.
may we walk the path of goodness
and we don’t make a mistake even accidentally.]

Nearly the table I sat on my seat and everyone ignored me as if I didn't exist. Even Dadaji who sat just beside me acted as if I was invisible to his presence. Seriously it hurts but I was aware it was my fault. I shouldn't have been so reckless. I clicked my tongue when I saw that the breakfast wasn't according to my preference. It was basically to punish me.

Vihaan who saw me sniggered silently passing me a side-eye. That sly fox was having fun at my expense. Because he was given the same cold shoulder and treatment when he was grounded for rash driving the last time.

Vihaan, even though the elder twin was rebellious as compared to Vivaan. He had that rebel teen aura around him, his eyes always sparkled with mirth and he was always up for new pranks.

The moron was even interested in cars and bike races, and he would always contact me when getting in trouble. He had numerous times been caught but would always get out without harm, the Mehrotra surname sticking to him.

I pouted sadly looking at the boring breakfast when I heard the culinary placed beside my plate.

I forced my lashes up and saw my wife looking down at me. She had placed a bowl of oatmeal, hangover soup and a plate of pancakes beside me, one of my favourite classic breakfasts.
Achanak se yeh kya ho raha hai? Bukhar vagera toh nhi ho gaya?

[Translation: What is happening all of a sudden? Is there any fever etc?]

I stared at her confused while she continued filling my plate and the other acted obscured to us, obviously avoiding me especially.

"Well, people compliment that I'm a marvellous cook, so yeah you can have this", I was still in a daze when she spoke. I first looked down at the breakfast and then at her, it felt as if my brain was suddenly glitching with her newly founded civility towards me. Completely unlike Lasya's behaviour.

"Because I'm not going to poison you-"

"Yet", she added after a pause making me chuckle. I chuckled faintly and picked up the spoon, tasting the soup. The spices burst in my mouth and a warm feeling settled inside me. She was indeed good at cooking, and the soup even though it was supposed to be for a hangover, tasted delicious.

But her sassy reply and witty response added more to her charms. This was more Lasya's behaviour!

"Thank you", I shook my head and thanked her with a faint smile. I continued my breakfast and soon everyone started leaving the table one by one.

Lasya and I were the last ones to leave the area. "You know, you should apologise to her. I know it's not my place to tell you anything, but she's severely hurt", Lasya said as we both walked side by side. I agreed with her words. I could see mom's state today, her eyes didn't hold that special spark and she didn't even prepare my protein shake.

Nodding I walked towards the backyard, it was mom's daily ritual to visit the sitting area in the backyard and do her daily riyaaz with her sitar.
I followed behind her and as said she sat on the velvet cushions, praying her sitar as she had her eyes closed.

I sat patiently on the chairs while she was busy practising. She was purposely avoiding me, per mai bhi toh inhika khoon hu!
[Translation: I am also her blood]

Today during her practice session it didn't feel calm, the melody was rather sad and upset as if she was pouring her heart out. She was sad, I had upset her, hurt her, and made her angry but mostly I had disappointed her by breaking the promise.

"Mom", I softly called out, as I walked towards her and lay on the floor keeping my head in her lap. I closed my eyes and after some time I felt her brushing her fingers through my hair. It calmed my senses and my eyelids became heavy.

Honestly, I wasn't feeling anything. I felt numb, too deprived of emotions, it felt as if I had turned emotionless. The wedding fiasco, Lasya's indifferent behaviour, her not protesting against her family and most probably me acting on my impulse.

"Aisi harkatein kyu karta hai tu Mukku? Tujhe pata hai na teri Maa kitni dar jati hai", she said and I could hear the stiffness in her voice. "I'm sorry Mom, maaf kardo", I apologized as a lump formed in my throat.

[Translation: Why do you do such things Mukku? you know right, how much did your mother go through?

: I am sorry, Mom. Please forgive me]

"Tujhe pata hai na beta, this intoxication led us to something so brutal and horrifying, we almost lost you both", she sobbed and a tear drop fell on my face. Fuck!

[Translation: you know right]

I sat up from her embrace and wiped her tears, the last thing I wanted was my mother shedding those precious pearls, that were also because of me. "Pushpa, I hate tears", I teased taking her in a side hug. She chuckled and snuggled into my embrace as I passed her a tear-eyed smile, my eyes rimming with tears.

I was foolish to cause such a ruckus. Alcohol or any type of intoxication was banned inside the Mehrotra mansion since that night. We were even forbidden to speak about that night under the Mehrotra mansion's roof. Even though I could not remember anything related to it, just a vague memory and everyone refrained from even telling me anything.

"I am so sorry, Mom. I don't know what got into me that I behaved so recklessly. I am ashamed of my wrongdoings, please forgive me", I blinked back tears and tightened my grip around her.

"Jaa abhi, apni biwi ke pass jaa. Tere hisse ka thappad khaya hai bichari neh", my eyes furrowed in confusion at her words. And then she continued filling me with the last night's chaos. My eyes widened and I stared at my mother shocked.

[Translation: Go now, go to your wife. Poor her, she took the slap instead of you]

I quickly got on my feet and dashed towards our room not before peeking at my mother's cheek. Once near our room, I stepped inside with knocked.

Lasya sat on the bed, the ring box in her hand as she stared at the ring. The sunlight peeking through the big French window illuminated her face with the glow from the diamond in the ring as well, making her hazel eyes stand out. I cleared my throat to catch her attention and she jumped on her place.

She looked at me bewildered and I laughed at her reaction. I neared the bed and sat on the bed with a safe distance between us.

"Mera ring ka size tumhein kaise pata?", she questioned out of the blue and my cheek heated up as I avoided eye contact, looking at anything but her. "Vho-vho...", I bit my tongue as I wasn't able to form sentences. I could feel the tip of my ears turning crimson and I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly.

[Translation: how did you know my ring size?

: that]

"Vho actually maine, I mean jab tum soo hui thi....tab I-, I mean maine, when you were sleeping... I wrapped this thread around your ring finger to get your measurements, but I swear I did not touch you, mummy kasam maine haat tak nhi lagaya..", I blabbered feeling flustered and bit onto my inner cheek while Lasya looked at me amused, her hazel eyes sparkling.

[Translation: that, actually, I, I mean when you were sleeping.... I]

*:゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Blurb~~

"Look Moksh, I know you are sorry and all, but I need some time, I need some space. I hope you are understanding", I huffed, biting my lower lip to control a sob. With each passing second it was getting hard as the lump was unbearable in my throat.
.........

I hope you all are enjoying the plot so far....🫶🏻✨🎀

Follow me on Instagram for spoilers and updates, remember to like, comment, share and drop your reviews.🌷

Author🦋
Roop♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43K 1.6K 12
#𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤-𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ✧ 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 ✧ It's story of Anshumaan ♡ Krisha 𝗞𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗮 𝗚𝗼𝗲𝗻𝗸𝗮 Krisha...
8.5M 530K 61
𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑴𝒆 •...
129K 8.4K 33
" Do..n't... come.. to..me..mee ...." --- with closed eyes She said with her horrified trembling voice . " Blossom , listen to me Blossom , it's ju...
10.6M 584K 64
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 They never thought of being each other's but destiny had another plans. 𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗬𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗬𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜...