A Dark Legacy (Percy Jackson...

By Jenny6445

Yup. Me, Percy Jackson, a monster? Ha. Could never be me. ... Funny story, actually- A/N Hi!! Tanks for chec... More

The dam Author's Note
Zeus loses his brain cell in Tartarus
Villains should get better lines than 'join us.'
The hunters hunt me for no apparent reason
What the Hades just happened
Camp Half-Hell
The heart of a monster is something you wouldn't want to see
'Sup, my dude?
✨Son of da sea ✨
Ambush!
The storm is awakened. The storm wants a nap
WE'RE GOING ON A KILLER QUEST-
'I heart New York City' shirts are dam expensive
Say hello to the sun and stars for me.
Return of the kronosome
Cannonball!
The demon ladies come back
WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT SERIOUS?!
Stranger Danger
For once? Really?
I'd better earn an Oscar for this, Kronos...
The hunt tries to hunt me down (again)
I DIDN'T AGREE ON THIS, KRONOS! Also, you still owe me that Oscar.
This is making my head hurt. Thanks a lot, Kronos. -author
Another quest. Yippee.
Don't mind me, just filling in some plot holes...
Tartarsauce? Oh, that bi-
I almost kill the characters, but Kronos did it first!
Neeks, Death Breath, Emo boy-what am I doing? oh, just listing Nico's nicknames
Oh, COME ON! I am not in the mood to kill something, you know.
i tHiNk hE's ✨ pOsSeSsEd ✨
Oh, Luke, you have such a bad memory, don't you?
Oof!
Took you long enough.
Yep, motherbleepers. I'm back.
It's ✨PERSASSY✨
Yeah, I'm sorry. Sorry that you're a bitch, that is.
The amount of ✨sass✨
Care about me? Pffffffft, yeah right.
Uh...hi?
Mercy rhymes with Percy 💀💀💀 how ironic
Kronos is stupid. Change my mind.
Let's hope he doesn't do anything stupid in his sleep...
CURSES!
WHAT?! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD YOU IDIOT-
Hades is literally the best husband and dad ever
It's a ✨seashell✨
Well, this was unexpected
Oh, I don't do threats. I do promises.
wait...WHAT?!
Too bad, cuz I don't give a fu-
Oh, I just yeeted him into the Sea of Chaos, nothing much
Ok then, list three reasons why I shouldn't have killed her.
At this point I'm just making random chapter names and calling it relevant
Nice of you to visit. Miss me?
NAURRR HE JUST STOPPED BREATHING 💀
wElL tHaT wAs lOw oF yOu
Epilogue
The dam acknowledgements

Family, Luke. You promised.

503 18 155
By Jenny6445

400+ votes guys!!! omgs this feels unreal tysm <333

dis thing at the top are the demographics of da readers that read this shit and dam y'all are from all around the world

and then I've discovered countries i did not even know existed so that was interesting

AND NOW I'M #1 IN TARTARUS

:O

anyways back to da dam story :D

In other words, he was doomed.

"I can help you, Perseus." Percy heard a strange feminine voice. Strangely, Kronos didn't react. "I can show you the way to my brother's downfall."

Who the heck are you? I don't mean to be rude, but I'm about to be killed in my own mind. Percy was used to talking in his consciousness with Kronos, but this was oddly different. Like the presence was radiating Athena vibes. The voice sighed.

"I suppose that is reasonable." She decided. "Come with me." 

Uhm...I can't? He frowned, or tried to, anyway. He was still frozen in place.

"Of course you can." A misty figure appeared from the dark. "Take my hand." He hesitantly reached out, and surprisingly, he was able to move. Kronos didn't suspect a thing, he himself being rooted to the ground. He glanced back and still saw himself standing there, an expression of terror on his face. He was free. Finally

"What did you do?" He asked curiously. 

"This is my realm, Perseus. I can do what I please." She responded shortly.

He looked down at his hand, which looked ghostly. A pang of bitterness pricked his heart as he remembered the Death Mist Akhlys once used to conceal him and... her, to pass the monsters.

"Well? What are you waiting for?" The figure tapped her foot impatiently. Her dark, curly hair fell softly around her face and her jade green eyes sparkled with annoyance. She wore a white dress with letters all over it like she came from the pages of a book and a memory faintly ticked the back of his mind.

"You're Mnemosyne...goddess of memory, right?" He did a silent punch in the air when she nodded, exasperated.

"Of course I am." She huffed. "What did you expect? Now, come. I have something important to show you."

"Aren't you a titan, though?" He stepped backward reluctantly. She pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration.

"I know you have been told not to trust anyone 98 times, but I am very well against my idiotic little brother who can't even remember what he had for breakfast 3841 years ago." She said it like it was something you would store in your long-term memory. "Idiots. I am surrounded by my family—which are morons. Of course, my sisters are quite the exception, and Koios would be if he were not so power-hungry." Percy shuffled uncomfortably as she muttered something about incompetent older brothers that want to rule the world.

"Ok, fine." He obliged. "How exactly are you going to get me out of that sticky situation?" He gestured to Kronos still hovering above his body, his scythe at his throat.

"I am the Titaness of the Mind, Perseus." She said curtly. "You already know how to defeat him. I am just assisting in the slaughter of this moron who does not even deserve to live and wants to marry my little sister. Bah! I'd rather strangle that fool with my books." She clenched her fists as if she was imagining Kronos' throat there. "Alas, I am not powerful enough. But you are the bane of Kronos." Percy groaned.

"Not another title." He looked bored. "If he's so powerful and can incinerate me with a thought, why didn't he do that now?"

"Because he is too proud. He wants you to feel pain, drawing out your death, making it as slow and torturous as possible." She replied curtly. "I must say, that is an idiotic choice to make—"

"Can we please get to the point?" Percy interrupted. "With all due respect, Mnemosyne, but this is taking a while." She pursed her lips.

"Very well. Although I must warn you, this may trigger some memories. They are a part of my realm, after all." She waved her hand, and a thick mist curled around his legs like a cat. 

"Can you remember what the Fates have told you, Perseus?" She whispered. He scratched the back of his neck, racking his brain as he tried to remember what exactly the old ladies said to him while he was in the River Styx. 

"I can't." He frowned. "Why?" 

"Of course you can't. I took that memory away until you were ready." She smiled, which somehow looked disturbing to him. 

"Then why did you ask?!"

"None of that matters." She said simply. "Now, are you ready?"

"Ready for what?" He asked nervously.

"A trip down memory lane. Quite literally, in fact." She snapped her fingers, and Percy's vision was met with black.

(~ ̄▽ ̄)~ Line break sponsored by everyone wanting to kill Leo after a game of Truth or Dare (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

(idea from Jaymoonjaybriar)

When he opened his eyes, he found himself in a large dark hallway filled with tapestries and paintings.

"Where are we?" He asked, his voice echoing throughout the walls.

"In someone's memories, dear Perseus." She traced a finger down one of designs. "How beautiful, heartbreaking, and quite humorous they are." He gazed at one, catching sight of a familiar blonde girl with intelligent gray eyes. His heart ached terribly, but he was well over that.

Stay strong, Percy. He told himself. You shouldn't be doing this. Mnemosyne glanced at him, a look of concern on her face.

"I can tell what you are thinking, Perseus." She reminded him. "Do not forget. Kronos had all of this as a trap, your true betrayal. Do not blame anyone who was manipulated by my brother. It is simply not right, which is why I am here." She folded her hands diligently. Percy raised an eyebrow.

"I still don't see how this can help me defeat Kronos. Whose memories are we in, anyway?"

"Luke Castellan." She replied, touching another carving. "His legacy is still not over, far from it, really. And yours...it is incredibly touching." He didn't know what to say at that.

"What do I need to know?" He asked. 

"This memory is not something I can express in words. That is the job of my descendant, Eros."

"Oh, hell nah." Percy muttered as he felt a presence behind him. "Not this guy." Eros snorted.

"You didn't tell me it was him, Mnemosyne." He crossed his arms, ruffling the feathers of his wings irritably. "He's very unromantic these days, I can't deal with it!" Percy sighed.

"Not my fault I've been heartbroken, unlike you." He mumbled. Eros was about to say a snarky retort when Mnemosyne interrupted.

"This is incredibly important, Eros, so kindly stop acting dense and help. Do you remember this memory?" She tapped on an image of a bronze knife Percy recalled all too well.

"Family, Luke. You promised."

Percy's breath hitched in his throat as he heard that one beautiful voice that used to sound like music to his ears. That one voice that was choked with sadness and youth. That one moment when they were facing Kronos and Luke. 

Eros must've seen the look of despair on his face, because he shook his head sadly.

"I've seen that same situation in so many people." He turned away for a brief moment. "Unlike my mother, my love is the fire that drives people insane and desperate. I've seen that in Nico di Angelo, as well." Percy opened his mouth to ask, but Eros held up a hand. 

"I suggest you not to question it further." Mnemosyne warned. "You would not like to perceive what it reveals about your cousin."

"I think I already know, but ok?" He shrugged. 

"What do you want me to do?" Eros asked, leaning against the wall boredly. 

"I want you to put that same memory of that feeling of love to Perseus. That is exceptionally important." If Percy was drinking something right there and then, he would've spit it out.

"Excuse me?" He spluttered. "I already know what that feels like!"

"But you do not know what it felt like for Luke Castellan. It was a heartbreaking type of love, something so unique that you must become the person to feel it. Or have Eros here." She said smoothly. "Eros, do it now before I smack you with one of my dictionaries." He cringed in fear, his bloodred eyes widening.

"Ok, ok, I'll do it. Jeez." He held out his hands. "Prepare for a rather powerful blast." Percy braced himself as a beam of golden light shot out of his hands. It hit him square in the chest, making him stagger. A vision flashed before his eyes.

"Family, Luke. You promised." A sixteen-year-old Annabeth was standing, teary-eyed with her knife in hand. He himself was standing in the corner, looking betrayed and torn between decisions. "Percy, give him my knife." She handed him that blade which held so many memories. 

And there, he felt a sensation that words indeed could not explain. It was bittersweet, empowering, motivating, like a flame through his soul. A burst of adrenaline coursed through his veins as he handed Luke the dagger and present-time Percy, who was looking through Luke's eyes, stabbed himself right below his left armpit. A burning sensation tingled slightly, but his line of sight was clouded before it was completely shut off.

He was thrown into another vision.

"Your Fate, Perseus Jackson." He heard a voice. "It will be the destruction of the world." Percy finally realized what the vision was.

"What do I do?" His past self cried.

"Your fate has been decided, Perseus." A pair of golden scissors appeared in the middle sister's hands and a golden ball of yarn appeared in their hands. A loud snip echoed throughout the vision, so loud that he thought the ends of the world would've heard it.

"Gods..." He gasped as his eyes snapped open. "That feels...terrible." His head ached, but it wasn't as bad as Kronos' temper tantrums.

"Own your mind, Perseus." Mnemosyne murmured. "As long as you have the will, you can control it. Do you understand?"

"Yes, I understand." He said gravely. "And I also want you to understand that you should call me Percy." She smiled in an almost playful sort of way before waving her hand.

"Farewell, Percy Jackson." Her voice sounded far away when he heard it, like she was miles and miles away. The same mist covered his body until it cleared, and he found himself staring straight into Kronos' eyes, his scythe inches away from his throat.

"Scared, Jackson?" Kronos cackled. "Say bye-bye to your pitiful little soul." 

"You're not going to get your plan in form, you imbecile." He stuck out his tongue. "You really thought I was stupid? Rethink your life choices if you can remember them, bitch." He spat. Kronos' golden eyes widened.

"W-What is this?!" He stammered. "No! What happened?"

"I happened, asshole." Percy smirked. "This is my mind, like I said. And now, you're going to pay." The corners of his mouth quirked upward into a wicked grin.

"Hope you enjoy this, motherfucker."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.3K 560 21
Percy Jackson is not a good person. At least, not anymore. Percy has been through a lot. Annabeth is dead and his few remaining friends are scatter...
38.6K 746 32
!! MY PARENTS *CANNOT* READ THIS !! <><><> 🚩TW: Blood, SA, swear words, suicidal thoughts, self harm, panic attacks, needles, death, natural disaste...
304K 5.8K 15
❝Uh, mom, why are Gandalf and company lounging in our living room?❞ Percy Jackson is about as normal as it gets. Or so he wishes. But instead, he's t...
101K 1K 20
So I got bored and decided I want a new fanfiction to write. I decided since Percy is good in my first fanfiction, why not make him bad? So I did it...