Crimson

By WhatAmIDoing0_0

Marinette didn't resent her family. she knew that she would never be a priority. She was the only Kent siblin... More

Growing up
New
Comfortable
To heal hurts first.
Bittersweet
conversations with substance... mostly
Feuds with Family.
Accidents with nice consequences
Undeserved
A bit of madness with a few mistakes.
It's complicated... very complicated
Well that's a bit awkward
Things take time
It's a process
Running
Plan
Cries

Survive

603 29 8
By WhatAmIDoing0_0

Clark had headed to the fortress of solitude as soon as he had heard Jon's cries as he flew, contacting Bruce to come with Alfred for medical help as well as taking Lois with him.

Once Marinette was placed down, and Kitsune was satisfied with her position, Clark immediately went to her, wrapping her in his cape too. Her porcelain pale skin made him feel sick to his stomach. He brushed some hair from her face and kissed her forehead with shaking hands.

Lois immediately sat the other side of her, holding onto her hand tightly, whispering rushed reassurances in her ear.

Marinette's eyes cracked open a little, "I did it..." A ghost of a smile crossed her face as she could barely move. "He's gone. Did I make you proud?" She said in such a fragile voice... Clark's heart broke at her asking him for approval like a kid while she's on her deathbed.

"We knew you could do it starlight. Of course we're proud. Save your strength, we'll make sure you live sweetheart, I promise." Lois said quietly, her grip on Marinette's hand impossibly tight for a human.

"We need you two to move so we can assess this." Bruce said gently. Reluctantly, both of her parents inched away, holding tightly to eachother.

Kitsune kept a practiced still face. He'd seen Marinette bad before... He's definitely seen Crimson on her deathbed. But this was the last time. Hawkmoth was gone, there's no telling what could actually happen to her. A part of him hated that he was chosen to join the Superboys and Mari.

"I'm going to get Damien." Jon said abruptly before leaving quickly.

"We can operate. We have to act fast but she'll live." Bruce nodded, digging into a small bag of kryptonite tipped surgical instruments.

"Where is she?! What's happening?" Kara said in a rush as she landed next to her cousin. 

"Sh sh, they're operating. She's going to live but barely..." Clark explained softly.

Jon had returned with Damien. He obviously wasn't happy... "Who's fault was this?!"

Kitsune glanced at the Superboy's, it was so quick normally a person wouldn't notice. Damien did.

"I can't believe you idiots!"

"We wanted to help-"

"And look what that did!"

"Robin! Now is not the time for this. Be quiet until we are done. Please." Bruce said sternly.

Damien grumbled but stopped shouting.

They were there for what felt like hours but was really 30 minutes before Bruce and Alfred stepped back to reveal her fully stitched up.

She still suffered a lot of blood loss. "We need some blood. But... As she's half Kryptonian, I can't just be one of you. Too much Kryptonian blood will overwhelm her, only human won't be enough."

"What about me or Kon?" Jon asked.

"Jon you have a fear of needles. We cannot deal with you feinting." Bruce sighed. He still didn't understand why someone with impenetrable skin was scared of needles. "And Konner's blood type doesn't match due to his DNA from Lex."

Konner grumbled

Lois and Clark stepped forward, sleeves rolled up.

"I'm going to link it so the blood extracted will go directly into her bloodstream." Alfred explained dutifully as he found a vein in each of them and inserted the needle.

The couple nodded.

By the end of it, Marinette was gaining some colour, but she was deathly still.

"It's a miracle she survived." Bruce hummed.

"She didn't..." Kitsune frowned and everyone's eyes turned to him. (Which he and his socially anxious ass hated)

"What I mean is, she died... But Tikki, her kwami, brought her back enough to heal her through human means as it is all she can do for a Kryptonian. Tikki would never let her die.... Magic am I right?" he raised an eyebrow.

Clark felt sick all over again.

She had died... Multiple times by the sound of it.

He'd completely failed her.

"The operation is done. She'll be asleep for a while." Bruce said softly, stepping away.

The Kents moved towards her but Damien barged past them. "Move!" He demanded.

Kitsune sighed and called the communal line for their miraculous team.

One by one they all picked up.

"What's up Nat?" Chloe sighed, obviously tired from the aftermath.

Everyone seemed exhausted, Adrien in particular.

"She'll live... Something tells me that she'll fall into hibernation for a bit again. It's worse than usual. And it's cold in the fortress. I'll stay here... The miracle box is with Chat Noir right?" He answered.

Chat nodded and there were sighs of relief and murmers of agreement.

Their exhaustion was taking over so they all hung up so they could rest enough to join him.

Clark and Lois paused when Damien reached Marinette, holding her hand, giving her a tender kiss on the forehead.

Jon and Konner stopped when Damien glared at them.

"Damien they're her family too." Bruce said sternly to him.

"No they aren't! They treated her like trash! They don't deserve to be near her!" Damien yelled, burning rage in his eyes.

Clark staggered back, unsure of what to say.

Lois knew that a part of Damiens reaction was because he was terrified of losing Marinette... In a way she was thankful for what he is for her. Thankful that he loves her that much... But she couldn't tell Damien that he was wrong...

Did they have a right to sit by her during this?

"Damien stop it-"

"No! When that overgrown boyscout first saw her again, he didn't even recognise her!" Damien stood in front of Marinette protectively.

"I know... But please... Damien we need to be with her through this... We cannot leave her again... Please... We have to make things right." Clark begged.

Damien stared at him for a moment and moved to the other side, not letting go of Marinette's hand.

Konner and Jon shuffled back awkwardly as Clark and Lois quickly went over to her.

"Dove..." Marinette croaked.

"Hey, I'm here. I'm right here." Damien kissed her forehead.

She glanced to the other side, "Mom...? Dad...? You're here...?"

"We wouldn't be anywhere else." Lois said barely above a whisper, her hand finding Marinette's and holding it securely.

Jon sat down next to Lois and smiled at Marinette nervously.

Konner rocked on his heals for a bit before eventually also joining them around her.

Kitsune smiled softly as he watched the pure look of amazement at having her family there by their choice. It shouldn't make someone that happy just for their family to be there for them but he was happy that she was.

Marinette murmered. "Mm... Sleepy... Need to hibernate for a little... Bit..." She instinctively curled into Lois as she was closest.

"H-her heartbeats slowing down!" Konner yelled to Bruce in panic.

As Bruce was about to move towards them, Kitsune stopped him. "It's okay. She's going into hibernation so that her body can focus on healing so she's healed quicker. She'll be fine. She'll just be asleep for a week or two." He smiled softly and a weight left everyone's shoulders.

Clark watched as his daughter curled up into her wife like she used to when she was a little girl...

Right there he broke down into tears.

Sup guys

Again not proofread lol

Hope you enjoyed
Have a good day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 146 7
Marinette is adopted by Bruce Wayne after her parents died in a car crash. She figures out her new family are the Bats, but she also has a secret. Me...
4.4K 127 9
Big brother Jason and little sister Marinette Todd are not normal people, but have a dangerous secret: they are werewolves. Separated at a young age...
119K 4K 58
Despite the fact that many things had changed in her class, Marinette was content-she wasn't happy, but she was not sad or negative towards what had...
104K 2.8K 23
Marinette is Damian's twin sister. She is younger than him by 20 minutes. When Deathstroke attacked the league, her and Damian were sent to Bruce Way...