COLLIDE,𝕄𝕒𝕥𝕥 𝕤𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟𝕚...

By Elambz

☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 is perfect. actually, her whole life is perfect except from her mom. she... More

𝓬𝓪𝓼𝓽
●1
●2
●3
●4
●5
●6
●7
●8
●9
●10
●11
●12
●13
●14
●15
●16
●17
●18
●19
●20
●21
●22
●23
●24
●25
●26
●28
●29
●30
●31
𝓮𝓹𝓲𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

●27

1.5K 53 109
By Elambz

●・○・●・○・●

''i'm going out, mom.'' florence said, grabbing her coat from the hook and putting it on.

''who with?'' 

''gabriella.'' she lied easily. ''we're gonna get dinner so don't worry about cooking.''

''okay, darling. what time will you be back?''

''i'm not sure yet, but i'll make sure to text.''

''okay.'' her mom came to the hall, looking at her for a moment. ''remember we have your dress fitting at 10am.'' 

''i know.'' florence replied, trying not to show how miserable that made her. ''i have to go now so-''

''are you asking gabriella to be your maid of honour?'' 

''i haven't thought about it.''

''well, think about it.'' her mom said. ''we need to know.''

''okay. i have to go now.''

her mom nodded, muttering a goodbye before turning back towards the living room. florence waited for a few moments before leaving, pulling the door shut behind her. she walked down the street until she saw a familiar headlight and then she stopped at the motorcycle. 

she hadn't saw matt in almost two weeks and now, she felt like her heart was going to explode. his hair was messy from wearing his helmet, he was wearing a black sweater with grey sweats and he was looking at florence like she was the only thing he could see.

she felt like she could cry just by looking at him.

''hey.'' he said softly.

his voice. 

just adding to the reasons florence could burst into tears right now. 

''hi.'' she replied in an even softer tone. 

he held out her bike helmet. ''here.''

she took it gently, putting it on before climbing onto the back of his bike. she usually wrapped her arms around his waist, but she thought that might've been awkward. instead, she rested her hands gently on his shoulders.

''what are you doing?'' matt asked.

''i'm holding on.''

he frowned, not liking how her hands felt on his shoulders. actually, he was slowly dying at her touch, but it wasn't how he wanted it. 

''move closer.''

she did so, moving further up the bike. matt brought his arms up, gently grabbing her arms and wrapping them around his own waist. she tensed for a moment, but it wasn't long before she was tightening her grip around him. 

matt sighed in relief as he began driving, instantly feeling calmer at the touch of her arms on his waist. 

--

the two arrived at the hill, matt stopping his bike and trying desperately not to remember that the last time he was here with florence, he had asked her to be his girlfriend. 

the two walked in silence until they were at the edge of the hill, sitting and dangling their legs over the drop as they looked out at the view. 

''thanks for coming.'' matt said.

''that's okay.''

''what did you tell your mom?''

''that i was seeing gabriella.''

''oh.'' he replied before a pause. ''and she believed you?''

she looked at him. ''she knows you broke my heart. why would she think i would meet you?''

matt winced at her harsh words, not really expecting her to be so honest with him. he guessed he deserved to hear it, but that didn't mean he wanted to. truthfully, he didn't know what he wanted to hear - he just knew he wanted to be near her.

''right.'' he muttered.

''don't like to hear the truth?''

''it's not like that, flo.''

''whatever.'' she replied. ''did you bring the weed?''

''obviously.'' he said. ''but you're not having any if you don't start being nicer to me.''

''you don't deserve me being nice to you.''

''true, but i'm the one with the weed, so shut up.''

florence rolled her eyes. ''i hope you know you're the only person i would let talk to me like that and not be mad at.''

''i do.'' matt replied, holding out a blunt he had already rolled. ''i rolled for you.''

''i get my own one?'' she asked in surprise.

''yeah...but you don't have to smoke all of it. you just smoke whatever you want.''

''okay.'' 

she put the blunt in between her lips, and matt flicked his lighter on. she lent forward, looking into his eyes as he brought the lighter to her lips. he was concentrating on lighting the blunt but, as soon as it was, he looked at florence's face.

the two of them were just looking at each other for a moment, the tension practically suffocating them both. matt had the urge to move forward and kiss her, but she still had the blunt in her mouth and he suddenly wished he hadn't given it to her yet.

florence looked away first, inhaling before holding it between her two fingers, exhaling into the dark. matt copied her, and the two sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes as they smoked.

''i'm sorry i broke up with you.'' matt finally said in a small voice.

she looked at him. ''so am i.''

''i didn't mean to hurt you.''

''did you really think i wouldn't be hurt, matt?''

''i don't know what i thought.'' he said truthfully. ''but i definitely didn't think this.''

she nodded thoughtfully as she exhaled the smoke. ''i'm getting married, matt.''

''i know. gabi told me.''

''i asked her not too.''

''shit.'' he muttered. ''sorry.''

''not your fault.'' she answered before hesitating. ''well, it is your fault that i'm getting married but it's not your fault gab told you.''

matt took a deep drag on his blunt. ''how are you feeling about it?''

''i'm smoking weed in a field with my ex-boyfriend.'' she said, looking at him. ''how do you think i feel?''

he winced. ''don't call me that.''

''why not?''

''you know why.'' he said softly.

she shook her head, holding the blunt in between her fingers angrily. ''no, matt! don't do that to me!''

''do what?'' 

''you're just messing me around.'' she said painfully. ''just...stop messing with me.''

''i'm not messing with you, flo.'' 

''really? you broke up with me, matt, and now you're telling me not to call you my ex boyfriend!''

''i'm sorry.'' he said truthfully. ''i don't mean to mess you around.''

she looked at him, her anger instantly melting away. he looked so miserable as he raised the blunt to his lips, keeping his eyes firmly ahead. she wanted to look away, but she couldn't help herself, and she found herself putting her hand under his chin and forcing him to look at her.

''you didn't break up with me because you're over me, did you?''

he sighed, his voice barely a whisper. ''of course i didn't, flora.''

''then tell me the real reason. please.''

he exhaled slowly. he wanted to tell her the truth, but he wasn't sure how she would take it. he thought she might get angry, or maybe she'd get upset, or maybe she'd be so pissed off she never wanted to talk to matt ever again.

and so, he ignored her question.

instead, he wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her onto his lap. she went easily, leaning her head against his chest, and he kissed the top of her head before resting his chin on her.

''don't marry chase, flo.'' he whispered.

''i have to.'' she whispered miserably. ''it was the only way my mom was going to let me move back home.''

''your mom really won't let you marry somebody you love?''

she tensed slightly for a second. ''the person i love broke up with me.''

matt sighed. ''flora-''

''can we just stop talking?'' she asked. ''i just...want to smoke knowing i'm here with you.''

''of course.'' he said.

he pulled her closer to him and she moved down slightly so that she was sitting perfectly in his lap. the two didn't speak anymore, just finishing their blunts in the comfortably of each other's presence.

--

''you stink!'' florence blurted as they walked back to matt's bike.

he laughed slightly. ''so do you.''

she stopped. ''no, i don't!''

''you smell of weed.'' he said before pausing. ''shit, you smell of weed.''

''so what?''

''your mom.''

florence's slight buzz was suddenly harshened by that reality. if she walked into the house smelling of marijuana, her mom would know she wasn't out with gabriella, and it wouldn't take long to figure out she was with matt.

''what am i gonna do, matt?'' she asked. ''i can't go home like this! how long will it take for the smell to go?''

he shrugged helplessly. ''not until you wash your clothes.''

''oh no!'' she said anxiously. ''i can't go to my mom's like this!''

''you can stay at mine.'' 

''i don't know if that's a good idea.''

''please, flora.'' he pleaded. ''i don't want you to go home with your mom when you smell of weed.''

she hesitated. ''fine...but only because i don't want my mom to be mean to me.''

''obviously.'' he nodded, thankful that she was coming home with him. ''now come on.''

--

the two of them arrived back to matt's place, the house deathly silent because it was early hours of the morning. they went to matt's room, him barely closing the door before florence was tugging her shirt off. 

''you want to borrow pajamas?'' he asked.

''no.'' she answered, unbuttoning her jeans. ''i'll sleep in my underwear.''

''flora-''

''it's nothing you haven't saw before, matt.'' she said, rolling her eyes.

''you're stoned.''

''who cares?'' she groaned, pulling back his sheets and climbing in. ''now come sleep.''

matt hesitated for a moment before pulling his own shirt and jeans off. he joined florence in the bed, both of them sleeping in just their underwear. the brunette boy realised this was wrong - she was about to be somebody's wife - but he also didn't really give a fuck. 

florence was his girl, whether she knew it or not.

''matt?'' she whispered, moving closer to him.

''yeah?'' he whispered back.

''can i...can i kiss you?''

he didn't even bother answering. he moved across the bed, tilting her head up and pressing a kiss to her lips. the kiss was so soft and tender, and a salty teardrop rolled down florence's face as she realised.

after tonight, she was never going to kiss matt sturniolo again.

●・○・●・○・●

The end! 

JOKING LMAOOOOO😭😭😭 hope i made you chuckle (or made you wanna murder me idk) after this absolutely upsetting chapter :/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 79.2K 67
i'm only a 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗹 for you, and maybe you're too good for me. ━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛. . . for all of 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁's life, all he has ever known i...
645K 9.9K 44
-'𝜗𝜚'- 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 ⎯ chris sturniolo winds up messaging a stranger without realising his mistake and somehow...
147K 2.6K 32
✧❁✧✿✧❁✧ 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚 has been burnt by love for the last time. she's moved to boston for college, and she's decided that she's never getting a boyf...
104K 1.8K 31
-'𝜗𝜚'- 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 ⎯ ex lovers, matt sturniolo and hope dalton, who couldn't quite make it work the first time r...