The Heart of Batman | Bruce W...

octoberbabyj tarafından

"You are Master Bruce's sun and Batman's moon. He can't quite figure you out." - Alfred Pennyworth, the loyal... Daha Fazla

Gotham City
Past romance
Every mask has a face
The Crowns
Sun (doesn't) shine in Gotham
Memories of the past
Fortune-telling and superstitions
The Cat and the Bat
Like mother like daughter
The Heart of the Penquin
Green is the Bat
Queen lost his crown
Fever
Harley Quinn
First Date
Sad is the Bat
A new vigilante(s) in town
Rogue
Red is the color of blood
Coffee kisses
Not his lover, not his sidekick
Rogue is Ro
Storm
The Bat in love
Kissing Batman
Love in heart of town
Training and kisses
Matters of the heart
Batman is my boyfriend
Bruce's nightmare
Coward

The fall from grace

179 15 0
octoberbabyj tarafından

"Master Bruce", Alfred cleared his throat to gain my attention. "You have a certain gala to attend tonight", Alfred reminded.

It's not Friday yet. Or is it?

"Is that tonight?" I asked as I heard tire tracks. Nightwing arrived on his motorcycle.

"I left a tuxedo on your bed, sir. It would be advisable to change before your guests start arriving", Alfred suggested reminding me it's my gala and I'm the host. I have to show up even if I don't like this type of events.

I knew what worried him. "I just need some evidence then I'll stop." Emma was there for me when I lost my parents. Crowns were close to my family. We have history. This isn't easy for me.

"That's what afraids me Master Bruce", Alfred expressed his concern. I know I sometimes get carried with work, finding out the truth. People get hurt.

"I won't see her again", I continued.

"I don't think that would be possible sir." We'll still see each other at social events.

"I made a decision Alfred. You know what I mean." I need to stay close enough to find out the truth. How much they are involved with the Court.

"I do sir but I also know you, Master Bruce, better then you know yourself. You won't be able to stay away from the young lady once you admit your true feelings to yourself."

My true feelings...

"She isn't part of this world. You know how it ended it in the past", I reminded.

"You were different back then. And Miss Crown isn't Ms. St Cloud." I lost Silver. I'm responsible for her death. I'll never forgive myself. "It wasn't your fault Master Bruce. It was an accident."

*Flashback

At the beginning I spent my nights and days focusing on work, taking care of Wayne Enterprises, my family company, doing daily tasks, meetings and the promise I made to my parents, dressing up every night as a vigilante, fighting criminals.

It helped me make it through.

I tried to keep myself busy all the time and I became more guarded with new people, women I let into my life. And there weren't many... Just a few... One.

I met her at one of my galas.

I threw them once a week to keep up my cover. The most important people of Gotham are invited. The elite.

Truth is: I hate this events. People talking, laughing and drinking my wine. Pretending they are something they are not but I know all of their secrets. They don't care what's happening outside this walls, town they live in. Only thing they care about is their wallets. I would rather be anywhere else but here.

A silver-haired woman accidentally bumped into me, the wine landing on my white shirt.

"I'm so sorry", she deeply apologized. "I can be clumsy sometimes." She looked a few years younger than me. The last thing I wanted was to get my my heart broken again but I couldn't resist. There was something about her different.

"I'm sorry about your shirt", she apologized again.

Blue eyes.

Another pair of blue eyes... They seem to follow me everywhere I go. I can't get away from blue.

"It's alright... I have a closet full of them", I said.

She chuckled.

The words I said weren't meant to sound funny. I do have a closet full of clothes.

"Have we met?" I asked, intrigued. I've never met a silver-haired woman before but yet there was something about her familiar...

"I'm Silver St. Cloud", she introduced.

Silver.

Of course...

We talked all evening. She was like me - rich. And she was easy to talk with. I let my guard down.

I never met anyone like her. She made me believe I can be happy again. I can love again. And I did.

I loved her.

She became my friend. My lover. I thought she was the one. She was the one.

I don't know when I made a mistake. The night I told her her my secret, but she already knew, or letting her become a part of my life I hid from everyone.

I remember the night we announced our engagement. It was all gone in one second.

One second is all it takes to lose someone you love, someone you care for. To lose it all. And I lost my all with her. She was my all. My better half.

The night she died in my arms a part of me died with her.

She was murdered.

Only if I... I should have protected her. Never again, I swore. I'll let myself fell in love with someone like her, not from my world. And tell her my secret.

Never again.

*End of flashback

They hurt Silver to get through me, Batman. They knew she knows how I am, who is Batman. I don't want to make the same mistake ever again.

"Miss Crown challenges you to be a better, different person. The person you should have become if it wasn't for the tragedy and it terrifies you, Master Bruce."

"I can't be that person. Gotham needs me."

"But what do you need sir? It's not selfish one in a while to put yourself first. It won't make any difference."

"I'm not sure about it."

"If it does, it would be for the better. You'll have a reason to fight even stronger."

"I'm not sure if I see that way."
Resides... "I have you, Alfred."

"Yes, you have me Master Bruce. It's something it will never change. But I won't be here forever. You'll need someone else. Miss Crown could be that person. She might be the right one if you give her a chance."

"I'll think about it." I'm not sure if that's a choice. We both knew it but Alfred didn't tell. I would probably deny it. I still do.

"It's all I ask Master Bruce." With that, Alfred left the Batcave and headed upstairs to the manor to greet my guests.

I finished my work and went upstairs to get ready for tonight.

In a blink of an eye, the entire ballroom was full of people. They were talking, laughing and drinking my wine.

Alfred approached me with a tray of drinks. I was glancing around the room.

Where is Burton?

"They'll be here, sir. A Crown never misses this type of event", Alfred reminded.

I lifted my arm to grab a drink from the tray when I spotted Burton entering the ballroom, alone.

"Mr. Wayne", Burton greeted, approaching me. I nodded my head in greeting, feeling a bit disappointed. I thought she would come with him.

But she didn't.

Burton put his fingers on the cane and held it tight. "Roselyn couldn't come. She doesn't like this events. I tried my best but I afraid my best isn't enough."

She doesn't like these events?

"She does what she pleases. But she'll come around. Eventually. We all have our crosses to bear", Burton added.

She is a Crown. She has responsibilities. She'll have them. No one understands that better than me.

"My niece likes you." Burton word's suprised me. But that doesn't explain why she didn't come tonight. "She has a soft heart for those in needs." I was confused more than ever. He wasn't talking about me. About whom he was talking about?

"We need to talk about business if you're still interested." I nodded my head in acceptance. I wanted to expend my business in Europe. Of course it's just an excuse for me to get close to him. "Tomorrow Mr. Wayne?" Burton suggested.

I'll be there.

The loud voices echoed through the hall as I approached the study of The Crown Manor the next day.

They were arguing. And the door were open. I heard it all.

I accidentally made a sound and they turned in my direction.

Burton picked up the phone. She was dressed in her riding uniform.

"You", she started angryly. Burton asked, ordered, her to be in my company.

"I didn't mean to...", I tried to apologize for listening to their conversation.

She sighed.

She closed the door of the study, giving Burton some privacy, and suggested. "Follow me."

I followed her to the stable in silence.

"You ride?" She suddenly asked, putting the saddle on Black Beauty, her horse.

"I know how", I replied.

"I need to find you a horse. Wait here", she ordered, leaving me alone with Black Beauty. I thought came to my mind.

She returned a few minutes later with a horse for me. She looked much calmer now.

She reached out her hand to pet Black Beauty but she neighed rejecting her touch. "What's wrong girl?!"

"There there..." She tried again. Black Beauty calmed down.

We both climbed onto our horses.

"I need to apologize to you", she started. We were outside walking on our horses.

"It's alright", I said. Burton wants us to get close to each other. He asked me to and I accepted it not giving her a choice. "I deserved it."

"I'm not use to people tell me what to do. I just do the opposite. But this time is different. I actually like you, Bruce." She gently patted Black Beauty's head.

"It doesn't have anything to do with Burton", I lied then I said the truth. "I want to get to know you, Ro."

She didn't say anything. She looked straight up at the road. I finally spoke. "You're quiet."

"I'm still trying to figure out how much truth was in that sentence." My eyes widened.

"And now I'm bored", she added.

"Catch me if you can!" She suddenly exclaimed, kicking the horse side. Black Beauty started running in a thunderous speed.

I tried to catch up with her but she was riding fast. That was the moment I realized I made a terrible mistake. "Whoa!!!" She exclaimed.

She put her head on my shoulder, resting her head as I carried her in my arms inside. "I can't believe I fell off a horse. It never happened to me before."

I put her down on the couch. Burton left to take care of some business. He wasn't informed about her accident. "Are you alright?"

"I should be the one to ask you that. I'll bring you some ice", I offered. She hurt her leg. Nothing serious. It will heal with time.

"Bruce?" She whispered as I went to the kitchen to bring her some ice only to realize I don't know where the kitchen is.

I returned about ten minutes later.

"What happened to my ice?" She asked from the couch. It all melted it in my hands.

"You did what Master Bruce?!" Alfred scolded me in the Batcave later that day. She falling off Black Beauty. It was an accident. I cut the rope.

"She isn't injured", I informed. Her leg will be just fine.

"She could have been sir", Alfred crossed his arm to his chest, disapproving.

"Did you find what were you looking for?"

"No", I replied. First, I temporarily disabled their security cameras then I broke into Burton's study room and looked around.

I found nothing. Mostly some legal papers, business plans, some cash, jewelry. There was nothing there it could connect them with The Court of Owls.

"Are you proud od yourselves Master Bruce?" Alfred asked.

"No."

"You went too far...", Alfred continued to scold me.

I slammed the palms of my hands down onto the table surface. "I KNOW!"

"Sir?"

I sighed in admit. "I'm falling in love with her."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

15.4K 416 25
POST TDKR. Selina leaves Gotham under instructions and finds herself in an emotional rollercoaster she never saw coming. They both knew physically th...
214K 5.5K 40
You got fired from your job, assisted a bank robbery, and met the Joker all on the same day. Can you survive working for the Joker? Will having his t...
19.2K 393 25
The Dark Knights Moon Flower. (Still under serious edits) What if Bruce had never met Selina Kyle? What if Bruce Never fell in Love with Selina? ...
1K 23 5
This is a story based on the "Batman telltale series" (season 1 and 2) This story starts a little while after Alfred has left Bruce/Batman Note: In t...