The Alaskan Prince | Azur Lane

By ShawnCoolFnia

Azur Lane, the name of the strongest naval alliance in the world! An alliance who's sole existence prevents t... More

The History Lesson
Chapter 1 | Introduction
Chapter 3 | The Summer Breeze!!!
Chapter 4 | I'm Going Home
Chapter 5 | Respect Goes Far
Chapter 6 | Do You Like Bunny's?
I'll Let You Decide
Chapter 7 | Too Many Bunnies!
Chapter 8 | Let Him Cook

Chapter 2 | Meeting New People

376 13 38
By ShawnCoolFnia

---The Next Morning---

Woken by the blaring alarm! I turn over, pulling the covers high above my head. Pretending not to hear the screaming bell of the alarm clock. Seconds tick by, it doesn't go quiet. I don't get out of bed. I grab my pillow pressing it over top an ear, the other pressed against the bed. The sounds muffled, but not gone. Finally, I cave in, turning over, slamming a hand atop the alarm clock at an odd angle which knocked it off the nightstand. Outside the window! Trumpets play the Azur Lane Naval anthem as the Flag is raised on its pole! Rolling out of the bed, I fall onto the ground face first. Staring down into the floor. I grown out tiredly and without motivation. Knocking on the door as she passed, hearing the thud, knowing all too well what it was. "You probably shouldn't lay on the floor to long! You'll fall back to sleep!" USS Michigan (BB-27) spoke with this tone of cheer.

Muffled by the ground, I respond, moving off the ground. "Yes ma'am" Last night's sail, combined with such a long tour... Can't complain too much. I got to hang out with the flagship for a few hours! That's more than most time newer ships can say they've had with her. But DAMN am I still tired... I should have gone to bed earlier. I stand unto my feet, going about getting showered, dressed, teeth brushed, and making my hair. Looking in the mirror, as I fixed it. I took notice to just how out of hand, long, and thick my hair was beginning to get. I'd describe the literal volume of hair. Or well. Thickness! That of a wolves' winter coat! Yet to be shed. As for length, it looks like I was going for some wild man look. Hell, even had beard hair showing up! Now as much as I find beards to be cool! I simply feel that I look sharper without one! Maybe when I'm older I'll grow one out. I fix my hair as best I could. Shave, an decide then and there as I fitted into my heavy brown Bomber Jacket, covered with my markings as a CB, Eagle, warship "It's time for a haircut."

---Not Long Later---

Jogging across the cross walk. Waving with a face of thanks at the car who'd let me run across. I slow my pace back to a walk. Past the spinning barber pole! Walking into the shop, a bell attached to the entrance. It jingles with this soft and familiar sound. "Shoo. Business is booming this morning, isn't it?" Dunkerque comments pleasantly as she had her hair braided by Jean Bart. "That's a good thing, isn't it?" Richelieu cheers in a rather casual tone. Walking around a barber's chair. With a barber's gown over her shoulder. "I'll get you over here Hun" She announces as she stood behind the seat awaiting me. I approach, speaking as I took a seat, and she began raising the seat via a foot level pump, and wrapped the barber's gown around me so that hair wouldn't get all over my clothes. "I apologize for my hair; I've not had a chance to get it cut since I got out of commissioning school." I embarrassedly admit. Jean Bart and Dunkerque taking interest. Jean Bart spoke, whilst continuing to focus on braiding. "Really? Is it safe to assume you're a new ship?" "Sure am! Was azured a few months back. I want to say...  5 or 6 months ago" Finished pumping the seat up. Richelieu takes a barber's comb and scissors.

Beginning with combing my hair. "How do you want it cut? Trimmed? Thinned? Any styles in mind?" Richelieu asks, pleasantly curious of the plan here. "Uhhh, well... I'd say I've not been around enough to develop any particular taste. Tell you what! I've heard that the Iris Orthodoxy know their stuff when it comes to fashion trends. So, I'll leave it up to you. Just don't make me bald haha." I leave the decision up to her. She raises a hand to her mouth, giggling. "Right! Bald it is! Just kidding~ I'll see what I can do with it." She teases, getting to work on my messy hair. "So, stranger! What's your name?" Dunkerque asks, sitting in a barber chair beside the window, and beside me. Sounding healthily curious to learn about me. "OH! Where are my manners! Sorry should have introduced myself from the start! My names Alaska. Though command seems to call me the Alaskan Prince... But... I don't feel like I'd be fit of being a prince." That seemed to make everyone in the room somewhat entertained. Visually anyway.

"Not the royal type. Nothing wrong with that. It's not a lifestyle meant for everyone. So! What kind of ship are you?" She asks, Answering rather quickly, in a tone of pride. "Battlecruiser" "OOOO! You're that new battlecruiser everyone's so excited about. First one of the Eagle union, right?" Richelieu asks pleasantly surprised! "First to be completed yes! Lexington technically was the nation's first Battlecruiser. But was never completed as a Cruiser." "Riiiight Right! She was converted halfway through her construction to carrier! I forgot about that... But still! That's pretty cool! You're living history now! First of a ship type in your navy to actually be built and azured!" Jean Bart spoke. "True! True" "So! How's your experience so far with everyone! Anyone causing you trouble?" She adds, driving us into a new conversation. "No, I mean Iowa's giving me a hard time. But that's just how he shows affection to his buddies. I'd be worried if he didn't."

"That's good to hear. Hopefully it's not as an offense, but the eagle union though strong and professional. Does have a few bad eggs in its basket. So, it's good to hear they've not found trouble unto you!" She admits, I wave a hand beneath the barber's gown. "None taken. I'm well aware of it. Enterprise and Iowa keep telling me that it's only a matter of time until I experience or encounter them. I think the one they want me to watch for is Chester." "Oh yeah! He's caused ruckus around here many times in the past. In fact! He's banned from our shop." Richelieu explains. "Damn... That bad, is he?" "Yeah, guys nothing like his sisters. Just utterly disrespectful." Dunkerque assures, Jean Bart scoffing, and then correcting in a tone that told of annoyance just thinking of the guy. "She means a total prick by the way." "Oh, calm down! You don't have a leg to stand on. You dated the guy if you do recall." Richelieu teased. "Won't be making that mistake again either" Jean Bart assures.

"If you don't mind me asking... What did he do to get kicked out?" "Fucking cheated on me with that damn Soviet..." Interrupted by Richelieu whose eyes told of all embarrassment. "Umm... S-Sis... that's not what he asked..." Jean blushed! Then continued on, trying to skip over that fact. "R-Right! S-Sorry. Well, he came in here and tried to curse me out for dumping him after well... Yeah, played victim for a few minutes, then went ape shit on our stuff, broke windows, mirrors, that chair you're in was broke in two, but was later fixed." "So, it's safe to say he's not allowed within a mile of the place anymore." I comment. "Exactly. I don't even want to see the bastards face again." "Word choice Jean" Richelieu passively scolds her sister. "Right! Sorry... (Sigh) Shouldn't be cursing and getting so torn up around guests nor customers..." "Oh you're fine. I don't mind. Vent, let it out. It's better to vent out steam then let it build to exploding point." I assure her, with a friendly gesture in tone use. "Yeahhhh, but even still. Not' a good practice on my part." Bouncing off the topic, I travel into one that's hopefully more pleasant then the last. "Well, I hope you're love life since has been an improvement?" It's toned as a question. A question that offers chance to dive further into her.

"Ehhh... I've dated here and there since. But nothing long term or that intimate. Some of the male commanders and ships can be utter dick heads-" Richelieu coughing into a hand, reminding her sister of language use. She silently showed understanding. An continued. "I could look into an over sea's relationship again like I did with Chester. But I just don't feel that I could trust a man that I'm not able to keep some kind of tab on you know? Trust isn't so easily earned by me anymore like it once was! Ya know?" She explains, I smile in an odd fashion of understanding and pity. "Yeah... I can get where you're coming from. . . Well! I'm hopeful you'll find someone worth keeping! Someone you can trust I do hope! Just keep looking! You're bound to find someone sooner or later!" I announce. "Absolutely! That's the mindset you need to keep!" Richelieu agrees. "I hope so!" 

---Some Time Later---

Walking past shops, peering into the glass reflection, looking unto my hair, finding the cut was rather stylish! I looked pretty sharp I'd have to say! They aren't kidding about the Iris Orthodoxy and their fashion taste!!! The sound of splashing, and popping water balloons, giggling and laughing children and teenagers across the street fill my ears. I glance into the reflection of teens and children having a water balloon fight as they ran around the parking lot that ran the length of a sidewalk. As if to be hit with a terrible stroke of unlucky fortunate. A woman was walking that nearby sidewalk, carrying filled shopping bags arm to arm. Hit by a stray! Water splashes and drenches her red leather and latex dress jacket! Her bags, their contents! Lay victim to the falling after math of water! Ruining the majority of things within! The woman stands there, drenched for a few seconds. The boys and girls! Deer in headlights! As they realize they'd just drenched a Royal Navy Battleship. Moments of silence fall.

Only passing cars, birds chirping, and wind of the air break the silence. Then she turns and shouts down the kids in anger! But never cursing! Dropping her shopping bags! Shaking her fist in anger! I slowly turn, looking unto the situation! No longer observing via the window reflection. That woman was rather heated! As the kids skiddadiled away with haste!! The woman calmed, and seemed rather defeated as she skewered through her drenched things and tried to ring out a small portion of her jacket, that had taken the brunt of the water! keeping her clothes that laid beneath mostly untouched. Out of the kindness of my heart I call over to the woman from my side of the street. "You alright over there? Want any help?" Damming myself into hours of what I'll call an UNSKIPPABLE side quest for the remainder of the day! The woman lifts her head, she looks towards me, and shouts with this look of anger and annoyance! "Does it look like I need helping!? I'm an independent woman who's capable of taking care of herself thank you!!!" Nelson shouts at me. That was that.

"Okay! Just checking!" I immediately respond, disengaging from that can of worms. She made it clear. I wasn't going to push or prod my way into her day! Continuing to walk down the street, bound for the beach front! Intent on relaxing there for a while to enjoy the nice summer sun! Shouting at me in a voice that I'd call different from the more dominate voice she used before! Meant to assert dominance and such! Now in a tone of helpless and submission! "HEY! W-WHERE ARE YOU GOING!!! Are you REALLY JUST GONNA LEAVE A LADY TO FEND FOR HERSELF LIKE THAT!? What kind of man are you!!!" Damn! Changing her mind like a fish changes direction in the ocean! An in the moment! I can't help but feel that she's a woman that's not possible to please.

---Minutes Later---

"Dammmmn... I just got this jacket too..." Nelson complains as I sifted through what was ruined by the water, like electronics and loosely packaged bakery goods... An put things that were salvageable! Like wet clothes and heels into a separate bag that she'd be keeping. All the while animated eyes comical of regret on me. Standing up as I finished sifting, whilst she took off her drenched jacket, complaining as she did.

Holding out her bags! I spoke, in a friendly tone, despite her lack of such. "Here you go! I separated the spoiled stuff from stuff you can likely salvage." Opening her eyes and pausing her complaining of the jacket, she huffed, this Tsundere look, and then the tone to boot followed! "Well, aren't you just a gentleman! Too tired to carry a poor woman's bags for her? I swear you eagle union boys are all the same!!" I was simply BAFFLED! The fuck YOU MEEEEEAN!!! I just took time out of my day!!! Calm down Alaska... Calm down... Respectful... Be respectful. Just... Help her carry her shit home! So, we can get to the beach DRAMA free... It won't take that long!

---Hours Later---

It took that long... Damn ... "So? How does it look? To flashy?" HMS Glorious asked her boyfriend a few places down! As she stepped out of the dressing room wearing a beautiful dress! Her boyfriend, sitting atop the waiting bench just outside the dressing room. Giving his honest opinion as one should! Rather the opinion was heard and taken to heart. I'm unsure. Sitting on a similar bench, drowned in NEWLY shopped for, and NEWLY purchased clothes, baked goods! etc! Of which I've been dragged around to carry and give my opinion on which has been mostly ignored... It was obvious that I was regretting getting off the floorboards this morning! Stepping out of the dressing room... For the 28th TIME in this store alone! Nelson stared at me, whilst turning, and showing off her outfit. It was a Japanese style kimono! Looked honestly rather nice on her. If I wasn't so annoyed by her at the moment. I'd find it honestly hot. An maybe gawk a bit at it. But unfortunately, that's simply not the case! "What do you think? Does it make me look fat?" Once again! Hitting me with questions that the correct answer ISN'T the correct answer!!!

"No, it looks nice on you actually." "ACTUALLY? What's that supposed to mean?" If I could roll my eyes back far enough to see my brain I would be right now. "Means I didn't expect an odd outfit like that to look as good as it did on you." I try!!! To salvage this stupid situation!!! But it's not fix able. "Psh... I'm sure. . ." Putting her hands on her hips as she shook her head and sighed all sassy like. "Look I've got one more outfit to try on! An you'd better give me your honest opinion! You hear me!!!" She demands of me, giving that stern dominate tone again. "Haven't lied the entire time I've been here..." I comment rather sarcastically. She hears it, and chooses not to comment on it! Before walking into the dressing room! "How do I look? Not to revealing I hope?" Implacable asks her female friends as she stepped out of a dressing room, in a two-piece bikini. It was pink and white striped, with a hanging piece of fabric design at the top bit. I sighed, hanging my face in annoyance and shame.

"Worst day... Ever..." I complained beneath my breath. Likely unsalvageable now... Stepping out of the dressing room, speaking with a gentle blush! In a tone of both complaint and fluster. "Y-You'd better not stare either! I want a male's opinion! Is it too much? Or should I go for something less... YOU KNOW!" She seemed all over the place now. I raised my head, and wasn't to surprised, I'd yet to seen her try it on since she picked it out earlier. I took a swift glance over her swimsuit. Literally a second passed before I was pressed. "S-Stop staring and answer me damn it!" blushing more with this look of argumentative fluster. Whispering after wards. "P-Pervert" "Tell you what! Do you want my honest opinion? Or do you want me to say what you'd like to hear instead?" "Honest!" She demanded, messing with her hair so it was just right as I pressed on the fact.

I sigh and speak honestly. With myself, with her, and with the outfit. "It's honestly not too much. You're revealing a good amount of your body sure. But the... Well, you know special bits are well covered and it's not entirely that revealing. Leaves just enough to let the imagination run wild. Whilst revealing enough to be purely desirable. But hey! That's just from a male's perspective. Doesn't really matter what we feel as long as you like it! That's what matters! I personally! Think it looks hot! But that's just me." I take notice that she stared at me for a minute, to my shock not immediately complaining, or calling me a pervert. Just... growing a more solid blush. Playing with her hair with a hand she had already in her hair, and twisting and turning a leg, as she glanced away and muttered. "P-Pervert..." Very quietly in a submissive tone of... Thanks?

---Too Be Continued---

---End Of Chapter 2---

Chapter 3 forward will be either twice as long or triple. Just felt I should say that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.5K 1.3K 51
1919 June 21, Around 10:00 a.m. on 21 June 1919, Commander of the Surrendered Remains of the German Naval Power, Reuter sent a flag signal ordering t...
4.3K 69 7
After a long struggle to get his life started, Jacob makes his way to a Naval base known as Azur Lane, made up of the Eagle Union camp and Royal Navy...
55.2K 954 28
Remnant. A world where humanity fights against monsters whose sole purpose is to destroy and feed off negativity. To this end, they have employed sp...
7.2K 223 18
-Book two- The latest attack on Azur Lane had left all stationed there in a state of sorrow. With the fall of someone dear to them, the ships would b...