𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄...

By -lunaetiic

❝I don't care if I fall in love with the devil, as long the devil will love me the way he loves h... More

sweet creature
playlist
graphics & aesthetics
act one
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three

chapter four

519 39 1
By -lunaetiic

✧.•°*𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄,
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑, 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

"WHERE ARE YOU LOVE?" A voice spoke, mysterious and laced with an undertone of devotion that seemed to linger every time Evelyn heard it in her dreams. It made her tremble, her hands shaking with either fear or excitement, she didn't know.

She turned around, eyes wide open as she took in the cliff she was facing, noticing the waves crashing down below, the wind against her face, and the rustles of trees behind her. It seemed so real, so similar that she thought she had been there a thousand times and yet, she knew it was not.

"Who are you?" She asked, a voice so soft it almost seemed as if she never spoke at all. But the wind carried her voice, carried it to him.  Suddenly, a gust of wind behind her made her freeze, and a cold hand on her bare shoulder made her turn around quickly just to come face to face with him.

He analysed her face, eyes greedily taking her in as if she was going to disappear without notice, never to return.

"Are you safe?" He asked instead of answering her question, his hand taking hold of her own and gently tracing each line on it before the tip of his fingers moved to trace the veins of her arms as if he was caressing her skin. He glanced around them with suspicious eyes that softened the moment he looked at her confused face.

"What?" Evelyn asked, her voice filled with surprise and disbelief. "I have yet to find who's looking for you, but I promise I won't let them touch you." He said, the hold on her arm tightening until he slowly let go, letting it drop.

"Have you tried to find me yet?" He asked, voice hopeful while he gazed into her eyes.

"What are you talking about?! I'm not- why would I have to find you?! Who even are you?!" Evelyn took a step back, eyes wide while she rubbed the arm that mere seconds ago was in his hold.

"Do you not feel it? Do you not feel our bond yet?" He asked gently, voice soft yet hurt as he tried to read her expression and body language with his attentive and hopeful blue eyes.

"I don't even know who you are! What are you talking about?! Who is looking for me?" She snapped, furrowing her eyebrows as she stared at him, taking a step back, her feet almost going over the edge of the cliff.

"They must be blocking the bond then, that must be why I can't feel you," he deduced, his eyes shifting nervously from her figure and the water below her.

"I have no idea what you're saying!" She said, throwing her hands in the air as she huffed out a breath.

"I will find you, and then, I promise I will answer all your questions," He said, taking a step towards her. The two stared at each other, both chest heaving up and down quickly, too quickly, eyes taking in each other's faces and limbs tingling with their proximity.

"My love, my sweet Evelyn..." He mumbled, moving a strand of her hair behind her ear, still keeping eye contact. He moved even closer and let his voice be even lower as he spoke again,
"I promise we will reunite again, and I'll fix everything. I didn't...understand before, but I do now. You just wait for me."

And with that, he softly kissed her forehead, his lips lingering on her skin for a few more moments than normal before he stepped away, his chest rising and falling quickly as he breathed her in.

"Wait for me, love, you don't have to hide anymore." Just as he spoke those words, a loud, raspy laugh came from the trees, and Evelyn was fast enough to catch the rapid form that quietly emerged from there, in her hands a white wooded stake.

Just as she opened her mouth to ask who she was, the woman launched the stake towards them, and it hit him directly in his heart. She gasped, watching how he immediately tried to grip her hands while his skin started to become gray before his body caught on fire.

She took a step back, hands shaking while panting, fighting to blink back the tears in her eyes while also ignoring the pain that was spreading from her chest.

"Are you ready to join him, dear?" She asked, head cooked to the side while she wore a confident smirk on her face.

"Who are you? What did you do to him, to me?!" Evelyn asked, clenching her hands as she subtly looked around to find something to use to defend herself.

"You will soon learn of my identity, I'm sure." The woman announced before she pronounced some words in what seemed to be Latin, Evelyn felt the ground become loose from underneath her, and with a scream, she fell right into the icy water.

With a cry, Evelyn immediately sat up from her bed, tears streaming down her face and hair sticking to her foreheads due to her sweat. Gentle hands grabbed her own,  making her flinch and look up at her uncle Zach, with Stefan right beside him while Damon stood at the entrance of her room, eyebrows furrowed as he stared at her.

"Hey hey, it's ok Eve, it was just a dream. You're safe here, come on, breathe," Zach said, sitting beside her while she tried to stop her crying.

She shook her head, her hands gripping Zach's as she tried desperately to catch her breath and stop sobbing.

"There was this-this man and he-" She sobbed, head shaking as she tried to take a deep breath.

"Evelyn come on, I need you to breathe for me, ok? Can you do that?" Stefan asked, his face taking the place of Zach as he made her look at him, his hand gripping the back of her neck while he placed one of her hands on his chest.

"Come on, copy me." He instructed as he took an exaggerated deep breath before exhaling. She nodded, lips trembling as she did what he told her to.

"Does she usually wake up the whole house screaming?" Damon asked in a low voice for Zach, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked at his brother and his...other blood relative.

"Can you try not to be a dick for five minutes?!" Zach snapped, standing up from the bed to glare at Damon, who only raised his hands and walked out of the room, mumbling words only Stefan could hear.

"Good job, you're doing great Eve, don't stop come on," Stefan said, scanning with attentive eyes her flushed face as she calmed down. "Zach, can you give us a minute?" He requested, looking at the man who let out a deep sigh before nodding and going to do so.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Stefan asked gently, sitting next to her while Evelyn stared at the blanket on her bed for a few seconds before shaking her head yes. "There was...this man and he, he kept saying that he couldn't find who was looking for me," Evelyn started to say, her voice raspy and hoarse from all the screaming she was, "He said that...they, someone, was blocking our...our bond or whatever that means."

Stefan breathed deeply at her words, his hands gripping her own a little bit tighter as he kept listening.

"Then, he told me that he was going to explain everything to me as soon as he found me." She said before moving her gaze to meet his.

"Stefan I have no idea who he was, I've never- I've never seen him and he kept talking to me like he knew me, like I was his girlfriend or something, and then- then this lady came out of the woods, and," She shook her head, her blonde hair whipping side to side while a bitter laugh left her lips.

"She..she killed him with a...wooden stake, or spear or something like that, and he just... burst into flames while she laughed. He died in front of me," She said, sniffling, "And I'm crying over his death as if I knew him, as if any of this nightmare was real." She said, wiping the tears that were already starting to fall.

"She even asked me if I was ready to be reunited with him, and then I fell into the water, and just when I felt like I was starting to drown, I woke up." She finished, looking at Stefan who just stared back at her, a frown on his face.

"I'm sorry," Stefan simply said, moving his arm to rest on her shoulders before he brought her closer to him, basically hugging her with one arm. Evelyn laid her head against his shoulder.

"Don't apologise, it's not your fault. I'm sorry that I woke you up, I didn't mean to." She said, closing her eyes when she felt him kiss her forehead right where he did, that thought made her shiver and Stefan, probably thinking it was because of the cold, brought the blanket up to cover her bare legs.

"You don't have to apologise for that, it's not like you wanted to have a nightmare." He simply said, slowly moving, and also her, backward until their back hit her pillows.

"Do you need anything? Some water? Food? Anything." He asked, scanning her face while she shook her head.

"I'm good, thank you." She said softly, her eyes already closing from how tired she was.

"Do you want me to go and let you sleep?" He asked in a low tone, trying not to disturb her.

"Could you...stay here? Please," There was an undertone of urgency in her voice and the way her eyes were already wet with tears made Stefan's dead heart clench.

"Of course." He said, watching as she nodded before relaxing against his side.

He'll interrogate Damon tomorrow morning, Stefan thought, just to know if it was his doing, or if he had to start worrying about someone else too.

⋆·˚ ༘ *

"COME ON STEFFY, ARE WE SERIOUSLY DOING THIS? AGAIN?" Damon asked, throwing his head back with a groan while his brother just rolled his eyes at his words.

"Yes Damon, we're doing this again." The younger brother said, standing up from the table he was leaning on and walking towards his brother.

"Did you cause Evelyn's nightmare?" He asked bluntly, crossing his arms over his chest while he stared at him.
Damon scoffed, shaking his head, "would you believe me when I say that I didn't have anything to do with it?" He asked, a smirk on his lips. He was answered by his brother's silence.  "Exactly. No matter what I tell you will change your mind, but I'm telling the truth, whatever she was dreaming about, was all from her own crazy, empty head. I did nothing. " He shrugged.

Stefan sighed and shook his head. "Then this is bad," he said, his low tone of voice made Damon study his face more closely, trying to understand what he meant.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"The man of her dream told her they had a bond, Damon, do you realize what we're talking about?" Stefan said, his voice getting slightly louder as his anger also rose.

Damon shook his head, closing his eyes for a second before opening them again, "That doesn't concern me, even if it did mean something and it's not just something she made up, it's their bond. It's not like we can interfere." Damon said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Evelyn said that...that this man told her that he hadn't found out yet who was looking for her, and...," Stefan drifted off, eyes shut as he spoke the next words.

"She said that a woman compared from the woods and killed him, with a wooden stake to the heart." He explained, watching as Damon took a deep breath.

"What are you trying to say Stefan?" He spoke harshly, glaring at his brother.

"I'm saying that whoever Evelyn has a bond with, it's a vampire, and a powerful one if he can interact with her through dreams, or he has powerful witches by his side. And he's searching for her, he's going to come here and find her." Stefan stressed his words out.

"And what? You think he's gonna kill us all?"

"Yes."

⋆·˚ ༘ *

"ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO COME?" Stefan asked Evelyn for the hundredth time, his eyes scanning her whole body as if she was going to drop down dead any minute now.

"Stefan, I love you and I appreciate how concerned you are, but please, I'm fine ok? You don't have to worry about anything." She reassured, tying the strings of her heels around her legs. She was wearing a simple green dress that brought out her eyes, with green heels and a white bag, with natural-looking make-up. Even if she was going there without a date, Evelyn was determined to make the most of it.

"I could stay here with you if you want, I'm sure Elena would understand." He said, helping her stand up while Evelyn just shook her head. "Yes she would, but this is your lucky day since I'm coming to this party and she doesn't need to know about anything, now please, can we go before we're late?" She asked, motioning with her head to the door while Stefan signed and nodded.

"Let's go." He said.

The two got out together, Stefan hoping the front door of his car for her but she just shook her head,

"Nope, I'll be in the back. The front seat is for Elena," She said, grinning while Stefan only shook his head at her words.

The whole ride to Gilbert's house and then to the Lockwood's Evelyn spent scrolling through her phone, trying her hardest to ignore how one of her best friends and her cousin were hardcore flirting and seemed ready to stop in the middle of the road and release some of that sexual tension. As soon as they pulled up to the Lockwood's residence, Evelyn jumped out of the car, quickly fixing her dress before walking confidently to the house.

She did not even have the time to touch the door that it opened, revealing Mrs Lockwood who seemed just as surprised to see her. The Salvatores weren't exactly invited, something to do with an old feud, but Mrs Lockwood was always there with open arms when she needed any type of support, especially after her parents died.

"Evelyn dear! Oh, you look beautiful! Come here, come inside!" The woman gushed, wrapping her arms around her body to give her a quick hug and bringing her into the house that was already filled with people.

"Hello Mrs Lockwood, everything looks amazing as usual, as do you of course" Evelyn praised, a smile plastered on her face while the older woman lightly shook her head. "You flatter me too much dear," she said, leading her to where Mr Lockwood, the mayor and her husband, stood chatting with some men.

"Richard! Look who joined us!" The woman said, and said man quickly excused himself and walked over to them.

"Evelyn, it's great to see you." He said, kissing both of her cheeks just like she did, "Same goes for you sir," she said, smiling at the couple.

"Do you not have a date with you tonight?" Mr Lockwood asked, looking around for anyone who could be looking at Evelyn, who just shook her head and chuckled.

"Not this time, no. I decided to just come here with my friends." She explained, chuckling as Mrs Lockwood just gave her a look. "I'll never understand why you of all people have not found a boyfriend, you'd be the perfect daughter-in-law, let me tell you that." The woman said, hitting Evelyn's shoulder with her own as Richard laughed at his wife's words.

"Come on Carol, you know she and Tyler are only friends." The man said, giving her a look as Carol only rolled her eyes "I know that, I'm just saying that...anyone would be lucky to be with this amazing girl." She defended herself, her stare hardening as she looked at the silent threat in her husband's eyes.

Evelyn, sensing the tension, just chuckled. "Thank you, Mrs Lockwood, but I think I see some of my friends searching for me. We can talk later," She said, squeezing the woman's arm before sending a quick smile to the man and walking away quickly, her eyes trying to spot anyone who looked even remotely familiar.

"Look who showed up!" A teasing voice said from behind her and Evelyn turned around just to smile softly at them.

"Bonnie, thank God. I was about to go crazy," the girl joked as they brought each other into a light hug.

"I'm glad I saved you then," She joked, poking the blonde's side; said girl just playfully glared at her and swatted her hand away when she tried to do it again.

"Come on, let's get a drink," Bonnie said the smirk on her face mirrored the one of Evelyn's.

After drinking one or two drinks, the girls found their friends, and Evelyn clenched her jaw so hard she thought her teeth were going to break when she saw Caroline's date, Damon.

Silently, she grabbed her friend's arm and dragged her to a more secluded area and then turned to glare at her best friend.

"Are you serious right now?" She asked, her green eyes hard and unforgiving as she stared at Caroline. "What?!" The girl asked, actually confused.

"I was fine with you having a one night stand with him Care, I really was. But bringing him as your date? That's crazy." She said, scoffing. Caroline rolled her eyes, "why does it bother you so much, huh?! If you didn't notice, Elena also brought your cousin as her date, but I don't see you complaining to her about it!"

"Yeah that's because Stefan actually likes her and want something serious. Oh and yeah, he's also not an asshole who brings home a different girl every night." Evelyn said, throwing her hands up as Caroline looked down at her feet, head down in shame.

After a beat of silence, Evelyn realized what she just said and sighed, taking Caroline's hands on her own and squeezing them.

"Listen, I know that you like him, that he has that dangerous bad boy look and attitude, but he's not worth it. He's a child trapped in a man's body, and you don't deserve to be treated and played like a toy." Evelyn said gently, watching as Caroline nodded her head, sniffles could be heard as Caroline kept looking down.

"I'm sorry Care, I didn't know you were seeing him, or I would've yelled at him the moment I saw him with another girl, I swear."

"I know," Caroline said, but a small smile tugged at her lips while she blinked rapidly, trying not to let any tears fall down her cheeks.

"Come here Care," Evelyn mumbled, hugging the girl close to her while her arms immediately wrapped around her body.

"I'm so stupid," Caroline said lamely, placing her head against the shoulder of Evelyn.

"You're not," Evelyn reassured her. After a moment, the two girls separated and Evelyn squeezed her hand.

"I think...I think I'm going to get some fresh air." Caroline said, nodding at her own words. "Do you want me to come with you?" Evelyn asked, not wanting to leave her friend alone but still, as Caroline shook her head, she respected her wish and just nodded, giving her a small smile.

"I'll be fine, don't worry." Caroline said, giving her one last smile before walking away.

She would later come to regret her decision to let her go out alone, and she felt the sense of guilt as soon as she spotted Caroline crying in Elena's arms, Stefan near them.

✧.•°*

IM BACK!!!

I promise you all, I will try to update as much as I can, and I plan to post the next chapter next week (hopefully).

I ran out of motivation as soon as I started to write canon events but i swear I tried lmfao.

season 1 is especially going to be like this, but ill try to add some things to spice it up for Evelyn

at the same time, maybe ill skip a few episode where evelyn would pretty much be on the sidelines only, but we'll see.

ANYWAY, hope you enjoyed this 3400+ words of a chapter, and please comment and vote, it helps to keep me motivated and gives me a feedback about the story, which is always helpful <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.9K 1.9K 11
▐ π–œπ–Žπ–‘π–‰π–Šπ–˜π–™ π–‰π–—π–Šπ–†π–’π–˜, you're my heaven on earth, darling βͺ season 3-4 ❫ ...
2M 59K 42
divine violence 𓍒ִ໋ the vampire diaries 𓍒ִ໋ klaus mikaelson x fem!oc 𓍒ִ໋ season two - four 𓍒ִ໋ april, 2021
1.7M 63.7K 41
Ophelia Armstrong never intended for her life to be anything out of the ordinary. All she ever wanted to do was finish school, meet a nice person, se...
44.2K 1.4K 11
*Soulmate AU* "I know this isn't the most ideal situation and that none of you expected to have to share me..." Taylor starts hesitantly. "...and I k...