Take A Risk, Peyton. (GxG)

By qquinkoffee

Reese Peyton embodies the ideal high-achiever, between being captain of her Badminton team and running for sc... More

1. The 'Elite' Part.
3. Tour

2. Hot

8 3 2
By qquinkoffee

REESE

At 5:30, my eyes are wide open even when my alarm does not go off for another thirty minutes. I have a fixed time for waking up but I'm not surprised I'm up early. 

My calendar is marked; Monday, back to school, and it's the first day after spring break. Every bone inside me is just as excited and more so because I will get to finally play with my newest and favorite birthday present. 

Finally, I'm allowed to drive, and thanks to Daddy for helping me get my license. I can't always be a passenger princess and I'm old enough to run my errands without asking people to drive me around.

I spring out of bed to meet the yellow glow of the sunrise bouncing over my floor-to-ceiling glass walls. 

“Alexa, play Shake it off by Taylor Swift,” I mumble as I step out of bed. 

As music booms around my room, I walk over to a corner for some wall pilates. Mom is probably already in the gym and thanks to her fitness instructor I'm also pulled into her routine. But today I am going simple. 

When my ten minutes elapse, I tuck my braids into a bonnet and slip into the shower. I have enough time to spend some good hours reading Think And Grow Rich, my new book recommendation from Daddy. But the amount of rush in my head right now will make me read a full page and understand nothing, so I decide against it.

I'm still singing along to Taylor when I'm out of the bathroom. I do my skincare routine and pluck my uniform from the closet. It's still tucked away in a laundry bag and I love that I had it re-steamed just yesterday. There is nothing that beats the feeling of looking perfect on the first day of school.

A few seconds later, I'm standing in front of the mirror admiring how the dark green, v-necked dress uniform fits me. The white short-sleeved shirt hugs my body perfectly under the dress and the corresponding green jacket hangs perfectly over my shoulders.

I style my braids neatly and apply some light makeup to give myself that nude but popping look. Once satisfied, I make my way downstairs where Pablo the Mexican chef Daddy hired just last month lingers in the kitchen. 

“You look sharp,” he comments, sprinkling some green chopped onions into a sizzling pan.

I smile, taking a seat on one of the chairs at the dining table. “It smells amazing here, what are you making?”

“Ham and Cheese pie,” Pablo says. “Do you have time?”

I nod, glancing at the new Rolex Curtis got for my birthday. It's not my favorite but I think the green goes perfectly with the uniform. 

“Very well then, breakfast will be ready in five.”

I nod and lose myself on my iPad, making sure to make my to-do list for the day. I like being organized, I like knowing where to be and at what time. 

I only peek up when Mom joins the table sporting a sleek black suit and red bottoms. Hair straight and pulled neatly into a ponytail. Not long after, Daddy joins too, placing a gentle kiss on my Mom's lips and one on my forehead. 

“Is my princess excited for the day?” He mutters, taking a seat next to Mom. If I ever find love, I want what my parents have. 

“Can you tell?” I laugh.

“Absolutely.” Daddy smiles and reaches into his pocket, my breath catches in my throat.

Finally!

He pulls out the dark, sapphire blue keys with a leather tag that has R, imprinted on it in gold. He places them on the table and I can't help how my heart flutters. I'm putting in all the work to keep calm.

 Daddy fixes me with a serious gaze. 

Here comes the lecture.

“I know I promised you freedom when you turned sixteen but that doesn't mean I'm allowing you to be reckless. Your mother and I have all the rights to withdraw if this might endanger you in any way,” he says, hand on Mom's shoulder, squeezing. 

I nod. Fighting a smile.

“I promise I will drive safely.”

Daddy gives me a nod of approval and once the keys are in my hands, I leap out of my chair to hug him. Suddenly I'm not so hungry anymore. I just want to go.

“Okay, it's ready!” Pablo announces from the other inside of the room, hands holding a steaming bowl. He brings it to the table and the aroma is just mouth-watering. On any other day I'd take my time to devour this because of the last five chefs we've had, Pablo makes the best breakfast meals but damn I really want to leave.

I manage to eat a quarter of my food while we make small talk at the table. Breakfast is mandatory around here because that's where we get to sit as a complete family and like Mummy says, family time is the best time. So I calm my tits and sit still until everyone is done and ready to leave the house.

The excitement on my parents' faces is like I'm taking my first step or saying my first word, pure, unbeatable happiness as I slide into my Bentley, seats fresh and well-scented. The engine roars to life and they clap for me, my heart drops to my stomach as I back out of the driveway. 

I wave on my way out and watch from the mirror as they disappear from my view.

“Connect my Bluetooth,” I order and wait patiently while keeping my eyes on the road. 

“Bluetooth connected successfully,” the female voice robotically echoes.

“Amazing, play Good Morning, Kanye.”

“Playing Good Morning by Kanye West.”

“Hell yes!” 

It's going to be a good day, in fact, it's going to be a terrific week.

                                ***

“Who is that?” Steve asks, in the middle of gushing over my car and the fact that I can finally drive. 

I look up at the sound of Steve’s hushed voice and see a girl I somewhat recognize, stop in the doorway and glance around. 

“No clue,” I whisper, scanning the solidly built newcomer from head to toe. Her dark brown hair still wet from a shower, is pulled back into a tight knot on top of her head, and she’s wearing a sleeveless hooded shirt layered over a tank top that shows off ridiculous arms— I can't breathe. 

Who the hell shows up like that at school —on the first day?

She walks up to me and Steve, taking up so much room even when she is a few feet from us. 

 She pulls out a notebook from a cross-shoulder bag and stands still, facing me with full focus. Her grey eyes linger on my face for a second before she smacks her pink lips. 

I swallow.

 I'm not one to goof up in the face of intimidation but this is so much pressure.

I clear my throat.

“Hi, My name is Reese Peyton, you must be Kristine Jones, I will be your tour guide this morning,” I speak, eyes scanning the faded jeans and dirty Vans on her feet.

She shrugs, her biceps flexing lightly that I probably wouldn’t notice if I weren’t staring like a creep.

“Cool.” That is all she says and starts walking.

A low huff leaves my lips as I turn to Steve. 

“See you in class?”

He nods and fans himself, mouthing a “Hot.”

Well, he is not wrong, this girl is on fire. The kind that's wild and violent, destructive even. 

But I don't have to worry about anything, because after this tour, I don't have to speak to her again, like ever.

______________________________________
ITS BEEN A WHILE I KNOW AND YOU GUYS HAVE GIVEN UP ON THIS BABY BUT I HAVEN'T  I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER TOO. THANKS. DROP AN EMOJI OF YOUR CHOICE AS A REACTION TO THE CHAPTER.

BYEEE

SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTERRRRRR.

_______________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 86.6K 62
โ€ข[COMPLETED]โ€ข Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
9.6K 376 19
Chelsea is only seventeen, but she's already gotten into her fair share of trouble -- breaking and entering and truancy, mostly. In a last-ditch effo...
565K 50.6K 34
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
17.3K 1K 19
June is an introspective hero, and Willow is a flirty villain. It could never work. Thanks to @peachspit for the cover! #1 in mindreading (for some r...