Secrets

By atc_5h

When two worlds, punk-rock and dance-pop, collide, what will the result be? Will Against the Current and Fift... More

Who?!
Who!? Pt. 2
Schedules and Sass
TMI
M&G is free?
Reunited

The meeting

48 0 0
By atc_5h

This day came faster than I thought. We had picked up our luggage and were currently on our way to Fifth Harmony's hotel. It felt like it it was 2 seconds ago when I was explaining myself to Chrissy and Will and what my intentions were for the band being with the girls. But in reality it was just yesterday and now we were silently riding towards the real deal.

"I'm so nervous I feel like puking.." I said, my head falling in my hands.

"I still can't believe you're our manager and Nick is assistant manager. Like, shouldn't it be the other way?" Dan said strumming a few chords.

"Is it because I'm a girl?" I looked up annoyed, throwing my pillow at him.

He caught it before it reached his face.

"No. It's because you're the youngest out of all of us, and have absolutely no experience in touring." he said placing the pillow next to him.

"I've gone touring with you guys before, so shove that lame excuse up where the sun don't shine." I scoffed.

I felt the bus come to a halt. My stomach dropped again. I suddenly ran to the bathroom and closed the door.

"Are you okay, babe?" I heard Will say on the other side of the door.

"Move to the side boys, I got this." I heard Chrissy say.

It went really quiet on the other side.

"Open the door." Chrissy finally said.

I stayed seated on toilet, holding my head, which was spinning around now.

"Open or I'll tell everyone here the story behind Baby J." I could hear her holding back a laugh.

I instinctively jumped up, opened the door, pulled her in, and shut the door.

"Traitor." I mumbled, sighing in the process.

"I wasn't really gonna tell." she smirked deviously.

I rolled my eyes and looked up at the mirror showing my reflection now. My face looked a bit pale.

"I know you're really nervous to meet your girls, but you're their manager now, not their fan. They're-We're looking up to you to keep us in check now. You can't freak out like this." she said soothingly rubbing circles on my back.

"I know, but meeting your idols and staying controlled and care-free is starting to sound impossible. Have you tried meeting your idol and being nonchalant as if it was no big deal?" I responded in search of empathy.

She smiled understandingly. I took a deep breath and looked at my reflection; the color of my face had returned. I unlocked the door and was immediately reunited with familiar faces. 

"Let's do this." I smiled as confidently as I could.

As soon as the bus's door flew open we were met with high-pitched screams and hands. Nick quickly closed the door to avoid the crowd forcing itself in.

"You're going to have to call for security. Seems like the fans already found out." Nick said pointing at the door referring to the screaming outside.

"What? I only have Simon's number." said lost at words at the crowd that had quickly formed outside.

Nick cocked his eyebrow up in a what-are-you-waiting-for way. I hesitantly pulled out my phone and scrolled through until I found his name and pressed talk.

"This better be important." he said in an annoyed tone.

"Uh-Well kinda." I stammered at his way of speech.

"What is it?" he said sounding more profound.

"We're kinda stuck on the bus because fans gathered around. Anyway you could call for security?" I quickly said trying to take up little time from his.

"It'll be there in a minute. I'll call now. Call me and report back on how the meeting went." he quickly answered and ended the call.

I put my phone in my pocket while rolling my eyes. Guess this is what I had to deal with from now on in this business.

"They'll be here in a sec. Be patient." I said looking at Chrissy tapping on the table impatiently.

She huffed but then lightened up when she heard the knock on the door. Will opened up this time, and we all followed him since he was following the security guard. We finally made it in and were led to the elevator.

"That was crazy." Dan was first to break the silence was stood in.

"I hope we have fans like that one day." Chrissy said with a sparkle in her eyes.

I simply smiled at how amazed they were at the fans. The elevator finally came to a stop and I felt my stomach drop. I felt a knot in my throat, could I really do this?

"Are you going to walk or what?" Dan smirked slyly from behind me.

He knew how nervous I was, and was enjoying how I was at lost of words. I took the first step and the others followed behind me.  710, 709, 708, 707. I stopped in front of the door. This is where the information Simon sent me said the girls were staying. I lifted my arm up, balled up in a fist, so I could knock.

I felt my heart beating in my ears, my hands were getting sweaty, and I could not control my breathing at all now. I was now paralyzed in an awkward knocking position. I found it hard to even swallow now.

I turned back to run for the elevator but Will and Chrissy grabbed each of my arms in one swift movement.

"I knew it. You also ran when we went to a meet and greet last year to see that one singer." Chrissy said pulling me back to my position, only now I was facing the opposite way of the door.

"Breathe in. Breathe out. Stop over-analyzing. Just knock." she said looking deep into my eyes.

She spun me around and the door swung open at the same time. I was met with chocolate brown eyes. 

"Are you the new guys?" Dinah said eyeing everyone around and behind me.

"We are." I said clearing my throat catching her attention again.

"Come on in. Simon called just in case you newbies got lost." she said as she stepped aside.

I looked back at Chrissy behind me and she gave me the go-ahead nod and I shakily walked in along with the gang.

"The rest of the girls are in the TV room. Come on." she said walking ahead, leading the way.

I promise I felt my vision go white for a second as I almost tripped on the carpeted floor but was caught by my arm by Will. He gave me an encouraging wink and I smiled weakly back at him. I stopped for a second to let someone else be in front. Nick got the hint and pulled Dan in front with him. I felt Chrissy snake her hand into mine and give it a gentle comforting squeeze.

"You're doing great, keep it up and I'll be impressed even more." she whispered releasing my hand as soon as we walked into room .

"I thought we had a lady manager." I immediately recognized Camila's voice.

"Me too." Dinah shrugged sitting where the group of girls were on the couch.

For a second I felt relaxed they thought Dan or Nick was the manager. I felt at ease and my breathing had steadied now.

"You do." I heard Dan speak up.

My stomach sank to my feet now and my lungs began to do back flips. Nick and Dan moved simultaneously to the side to reveal Chrissy and me.

"Which one?"  Normani spoke curiously now staring Chrissy and me down.

"Her." Chrissy said pointing at me with her thumb.

The girls exchanged looks that seemed analytical.

"She barely looks 18." Camila said furrowing her eyebrows.

"Because she isn't even 18 yet." Will said stepping in.

"Are you serious?" Ally said standing up now looking me up and down. "Simon gave us a child to take care of grown women?"

"Baby J." Chrissy said loud enough so I could hear her through a muffled giggle.

I shot her a look and she got the hint quickly and straightened up.

"Nevermind my age. I'm here to guide you girls through your upcoming tour. This is: Chrissy Costanza, the vocalist, Will Ferri, the drummer, and Dan Gow, the guitarist. They are Against the Current, your opening act as you may already know. I am-" I was on a roll but got cut off.

"Gow?  As in, your brother 'Gow'?" Normani said eyeing my brother and me.

"Yes?" I said looking at her strangely because she already knew my last name.

"You look nothing alike." Lauren finally spoke.

"Funny, we're fraternal twins." I said with a smirk now.

"Really?" Camila said with wide eyes.

"No, it was a joke. Anyway," I saw Camila roll her eyes and my stomach drop. I already fucked up. I mentally slapped myself. "This is Nick, the assistant manager."

"AKA your babysitter." Dinah shot back.

"No. Assistant manager." I said as sternly as my soul could be towards the girl.

She rolled her eyes now. Nice one Jenifer. You're trying to get the girls to like you, not want to shoot you.  

"I would like it if you introduced yourself to the band members." I said with a small smile.

"Not me. I already know you all." Dan said with his hands up looking down at me.

I shot him a say-something-about-my-obsessions-for-them-and-Ill-kill-you look and he mimicked zipping his mouth and throwing the key away. When I looked back to the girls they had confused looks on their faces.

"Ally."

"Dinah."

"Lauren."

"Normani."

"Camila."

They all said going down the line they were standing and sitting in. I smiled and nodded in respect.

"We'll go now and get situated in our room but I'll be back around 9 in the morning tomorrow to go over this week's schedule. That okay?" I said looking around the room.

"Can you come at like 1? I like my sleep boo." Dinah said suppressing a laugh.

The other girls broke out in a roar of laughter.

"I'll be here at 9, Dinah." I said clearing my throat to try and seem firm and as mature as I could get.

"Fiiine." she said backing down now.

I smiled and turned around, walking to the door, then fast-walking to our room next door. We had 2 rooms: One for the females, one for males.

"That went... Not how I expected." Dan said behind me. "Give me our key."

I shoved the card key in his hand and closed the door quickly, barely letting Chrissy walk in.

"You did great!" she said hugging me tightly.

I forced a small smile walking towards the couch to sit.

"Oh no. What's wrong?" she said following after me.

"They couldn't take me seriously because I was younger. Should I just call Simon and tell him to switch Nick and I's position?" I said running my hand through my hair.

"No! You sounded so professional and I bet you they didn't even suspect you were a major fan of theirs!" she said throwing her hands up to emphasize when she said 'major'.

"But can I do that everyday?" I said looking up at her in all seriousness.

"I'll help you through it. One step at a time." she said with a wink. "Now let's go unpack and order some pizza!"

She enthusiastically grabbed my arm and led me to the bedroom where our suitcases were now.

Am I really going to make it through this whole tour without exposing myself? 

I highly doubt it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 380 10
Camila and Fifth Harmony have long separated and things are going well in their respective careers. Camila's career has skyrocketed after the release...
39.2K 1.4K 37
(Book two of the "She's My Girl" series) Fifth Harmony and Four Minutes Left are going on tour together, and they couldn't be any happier about it. ...
135K 5.5K 39
Ally finally had her life figured out. She was living the dream with her band Fifth Harmony. What happens if plans change? A little accident makes su...
169K 7.7K 22
Camila Cabello has come to the peak of her career, along with her four band mates, Dinah Jane Hansen, Lauren Jauregui, Ally Brooke Hernandez, and Nor...