The Beta's Fairy Mate

By Poppy_olive

Mates were supposed to be together and protect each other. But werewolves didn't seem to be believing in that... More

Prologue
Chapter-1
Chapter-3
Chapter -4

Chapter-2

5 0 0
By Poppy_olive

The next day, I couldn't find Kyle anywhere at the school.

I was expecting him there since it had been a few days since he came to school, but I was wrong.

The bell was going to ring in a few minutes, so it was safe to assume that he had skipped school again.

Was everything okay with him? Was he doing drugs again?

Maybe I should visit him at his home.

I groaned internally at the thought of it. I didn't want to go there alone with no one around. If Layla was right, it might be dangerous to visit him now, considering the fact that he was a hurt wolf who happened to be doing drugs.

If he was here, in school, I would be much safer, as the management would take care of my safety. Fairies were given permission to roam around the school, whenever they wanted, except the inside of the classroom, as most of the wolves find their mates in teenage and happened to be in school.

If only they made it easy by accepting each other.

Sighing, I quickly braided my hair into loose braid preparing to fly to Kyle's house despite of not feeling like it. I was wearing a knee length blue dress to match my baby blue eyes and sliver sandals. I did get a lots of stares for wearing dresses in a day to day basis but I had learnt to ignore them. We fairies, wear dresses all the time in fairyland. It was very normal for us. There, weather was always warm, so we never had to worry about the winter clothes.

In the earth though, I wouldn't be able to keep wearing dresses as the weather and seasons changed a lot. I had lot of things to adjust.

As I began to fly invisibly, I looked down at the city where people were hurrying around like tiny ants, the stress they were emulating was unbelievably high even though it was a fresh morning. I shook my head at that.

Humans were always in stress.

For what? I had no idea.

The humans I had imagined and the humans I was witnessing were completely opposite and disappointing. To think these were the same earthly beings I was dying to serve all my life left me dejected.

Nonetheless, I still wanted to bring joy to them by my musical ideas. Once all of this convincing werewolves part over, leaping into human's world should not be as hard as dealing with the stubborn wolves anyway.

After flying back around a little bit, I finally reached my destination, that was Blue leaf pack. Kyle lived here, I knew his address, yet I wasn't allowed to go to his room until I got the alpha's permission. So, I landed a few feet away from the border of the pack before beginning to walk towards the guards after I retrieved my wings.

Fairies didn't let their wings to be seen by other creatures so easily since it was so precious to us. We flew invisibly most of the time on earth and rarely showed our wings whether they knew about us or not.

As I was getting nearer to the border, one of the guards who was wearing a green t-shirt and shorts noticed me and started walking towards me with a suspicious look plastered on all over his face.

He wasn't very tall yet muscular and looked really strong. There was no surprise in him being an attractive guy with his light brown short hair and brown eyes, just like a typical werewolf.

"Why are you here?" The guard asked me once we were a few away from each other.

His voice was firm and strict matching his face making me want to roll my eyes but suppressing it I replied anyway.

"I'm here to see Kyle. I need your alpha's permission to enter into your pack" My voice was low at the same time hearable enough as the guard already looked annoyed at my presence, I didn't want to add any more fuel to it.

His face immediately changed at my words, his eyebrows rising in surprise.

"Kyle?"

I nodded.

The surprised expression didn't go away for another few moments, when it did, he was already mind linking with someone, probably his alpha. I wasn't sure why the guard seemed surprised as it wasn't uncommon for fairies to visit a pack if the situation demanded for it. But it was the first time for me to be here, at Blossom's pack. I just hoped the alpha gave his approval, otherwise I wouldn't be able to go in.

I was running out of time.

"Alpha isn't here, but our beta has granted his permission. You can enter, but you have to wait at the border until the beta gets here"

Thank god...

I sighed loudly on hearing those beautiful words, and started walking towards the border along with the guard smiling visibly not even trying to hide it. It felt like I was progressing at last after a very long time and I was one step closer to convincing Kyle. It was my first project, the fairies who got assigned along with me were already moved on to their second one successfully while I was here without even having met with one of the pair.
Anyway, now I was going to, that was all matter.

"Don't get too excited, Kyle isn't
exactly easy to deal with"

The guard told me once we reached the border where more wolves hung around.

"Do you know Kyle?", I asked curiously as Layla had warned me about the same thing. I knew abouthis parents and a little bit of Kyle'spast from the file that godmother team sent me. But, I wasn't aware of anything about Kyle's present condition and the guard's words were not exactly helping.

Now, I was worried.

"Yes"

That was all his answer making me purse my lips. He was being too much of a guard. Couldn't he loosen up a little bit?

Deciding to shut my mouth in the hope of not wanting to get anymore worried than I already was, I tried to focus on the surroundings of the pack, instead.

Just like in human world, it was a busy day here as well. While some People seemed to be in a hurry in the process of starting their days, some people were just chilling in their huge wolf form running around not caring about anything. Guards were scattered all over the place to protect their pack whom eyes were now on me.

In fact, not only the guards,the more I walked the more I got everyone's attention. Some glared at me, some looked at me curiously. I would never get used to either of those things.

It was really hurtful. I was an outsider, not an enemy.

"Oliver!"

I heard someone yell at us bringing me out of my thoughts. My name wasn't Oliver, so the guy who was standing next to me must be Oliver. Finally! I was thankful to know his name at last, tired of mentioning him as the 'guard'.

I saw a guy running towards us in plain white t shirt and a khaki pants.

My eyes widened at how handsome he was with his shortly cut black hair and eyes, he was taller than Oliver and lean but nicely built. Sure, male fairies were attractive as well, but they tended to have a hint of feminine look in them opposite to wolves whose appearance screamed masculinity whether it be a male or female. I admired it in them.

"Beta", Oliver bowed once the guy was in front of us who just rolled his eyes at him before poking Oliver's stomach playfully.

"Chase, just call me Chase, Oliver. Just because I got promoted as the beta, it doesn't mean you have to address me as one. When will you get it, my man? "

"Whatever you say, Beta Chase"

Oliver replied without missing a beat, smile creeping through his corner of his lips which made Chase just shook his head in response.

"Just forget it. Are you gonna accompany us to see Kyle?" Oliver stiffened at that.

"No, I have to be at the border when alpha arrives. He will be so mad once he knows we allowed a fairy into our pack"

"He won't know. I just called him, he is still in the meeting with alpha Joyce. We have few hours before he gets here"

"Your alpha doesn't know?"

They both looked at each other when I interrupted them unable to conceal my curiosity. I was really surprised that these guys were letting me in without their Alpha's permission.

Why would they do it?

"Our alpha Ryan isn't fond of fairies very much. We chose not to tell him. If he was here, he would have never granted you his approval"

It was Chase who spoke up, his words caused more confusion than
clarification.

"Why are you allowing me in then?"

"He will tell you on the way. I will keep you updated if anything happens"

Bowing to Beta Chase who nodded at him, Oliver immediately left. Hesitantly, I started following the beta when he began moving into the pack. None of us talked, even though I was wondering why they were risking just for a pack wolf unless Kyle was really important to them because as far as I knew, Kyle didn't held any rank. The more I thought about it, the more curious I got. So, I decided to break the silence unable to contain my curiosity anymore.

"Is Kyle your friend or something?"

Chase seemed to be swimming in his own thoughts until he heard my question. His dark hair was slightly moving in the wind when he glanced at me in sideways cocking an eyebrow..

"I mean you guys are taking a huge risk by not informing your alpha. There must be a reason."

Shrugging slightly, he looked ahead before answering.

"There is. He is Oliver's cousin"

What?

My eyes widened in surprise. I wasn't expecting that. It made sense though. Oliver was trying to help his cousin out by permitting me in. I could only hope their alpha wouldn't get angry.

"Besides Kyle may need your help. He is getting worse everyday" I frowned at that.

"What do you mean?"

"Kyle's mate is not accepting him, is
she?"

When I nodded, he continued to talk.

"His wolf is not taking that well. He
has been already struggling to come out of his drug issue for years, now that this happened, he has become worse. We failed to convince him to talk to his mate. Maybe you could do it"

"Oh"

I felt really bad for Kyle at the same time I felt scared to meet him now. As much as I wanted to help his hurt wolf I didn't want to get hurt either. Maybe I should come another day. Layla would definitely accept Kyle once I told her what her mate was going through because of her stubbornness. She would understand at least now, hopefully.

"We're here"

Uh oh.

Too late to go back. It was hard to control my legs from running away from the scenery on hearing the aggressive growls that coming out of the house which looks big and luxurious from the outside. Unsure, I looked up at Chase who was already looking down at me with serious face.

"Don't worry, I will come with you. I won't let anything happen"

You better not.

I mentally yelled but followed him anyway to the front porch. It wasn't the beta's fault, I was the one who volunteered to meet Kyle, yet I felt like he should have simply rejected
my request.

But Kyle needs your help.

My inner voice reminded me to my dismay. Not having any other option and gathering as much as courage I could, I finally murmured an 'okay' mostly to myself after taking a deep breath. The beta seemed powerful enough, he would surely protect me if something happened, right?

"You will be fine"

I barely heard Chase's voice before the door opened suddenly making me jump a little. Kyle was standing at the entrance breathing heavily and glaring at us, his once blue eyes were completely black now. I took a step back but the beta grabbed my hand preventing me from escaping. I never
saw an angry wolf like this, he looked so out of his mind. There was no way I could even say 'hi' to him, let alone persuade him.

Man, I hate this job.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

422K 9.2K 44
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
512K 11.2K 59
A girl who is terrified of the creatures who made themselves known and a possessive Alpha who has waited all his life for his mate.
11.5M 297K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
59.8K 1.2K 38
Born an omega into the strongest pack in the forest, Olwen Adams was fated to the Alpha's son and to become the Luna of the Silver Arrow Pack. But he...