You make me feel special

By TheCat_Paige

For Nova there are too many questions that need to be answered. She tries to find the truth about who she is... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7.5
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14

Chapter 13

0 0 0
By TheCat_Paige

My eyes still felt wet as I woke up. It was still dark outside. Aiden's arms were still wrapped tightly around my waist. Azrael hadn't come back yet. My mind replaying what I saw when I said her name. His reaction concerned me. If he didn't trust her I won't. If he didn't like her I won't. Something made me feel on edge. She wanted to be my mother. Yet she wasn't. My mother's name was Meira. My actual mother. She died when the past me was five. And my father's name was Neir. My half-sister is Luna. My father was an Angel. So was my mother. My father was dark angel whilst my mother was a light angel. I felt a strong connection to my father. One I've never felt. He knew who I was. Like Luna. They both knew I was different. Maybe my parents in this life weren't my actual parents. But Abelia is not my mother. She did not create me. I created myself. My actual parents created me. They are here in this life, and I must find them. My father is calling out to me. I hear it. It deafens me how loud I hear his voice. How loud this connection is. I look up at Aiden to see that he was still asleep. I didn't want to leave his arms. I couldn't bring myself to do it. I also couldn't wake him up. Abelia could be a light angel. Those wings.

"Abelia, I will not give you what you want." I said angrily.

"Your mother would be very disappointed in you." She shouted.

"You killed her! How do you expect me to trust you. To trust your angel law." I raised my voice at her.

I was so angry. So furious. I left the light. I needed to go back to my darkness. Abelia is an evil woman. She tried everything to ruin Aiden and I. I'm part light. I'm part dark. But the dark accepts me for who I am. I must kill Abelia in my next life. Nova, do you hear me. You will resurrect yourself. You must act like you hate me. Like we aren't the same. We may not be. But Abelia hurt Azrael. We will not stand for that. Sometimes I hear your voice. Telling me what to do. Guiding me. But I never listen. I can't. I numbed myself to get through the pain. I watched my mother die. I cared for her deeply. Our connection was so strong. But I lost her. But you. I know you have a deep connection to our father. He knew it too. We are bonded. I wish I could listen to you I do. But I can't. I need an army to destroy Abelia. Her soldiers. Her unequal way. She doesn't believe that all angels deserve a shared paradise. She'll kill those who don't agree with her. She tortured Azrael. She used his light against him. Made sure she'd drain him of all remaining light. We all have it in us. This is my mission. But I fear I'll die before I can complete it. If I do, please complete it for me. General Zagen will be reborn. But he should take priority. If he doesn't, she'll use him against us. Make her army bigger and stronger. She is no mother earth. She is a liar. She is no fate. Fate has already been made. Sila and Asra will guide you. I know they will. You'll do better than I could. I feel it. I'll listen to you when the time comes. You are better than me. Know that. We are stronger when we are connected. Don't be afraid of my voice. Don't be afraid of my anger. Use it. Let my anger be released when you kill her. We are stronger together I know it.

We are not alone. Don't fear. Death is coming to bring you to me. We'll fight as one. When our time is right. We'll reline. As one. You are not alone. Our love, our family, our friends are by our side. Don't fight a battle alone. When you don't have to. Remember me my dark. Remember my words. For I am your light. Together we are balanced as one. Don't be like her. You don't need an army. Train them. But don't forget they are our friends. Not our possessions. Maybe that's where I better. But you better in dealing with death and murder. I'll call on you when the time is right. Our anger. Our love. Our dark. Our light. Will best Abelia. She cannot win a battle in which she is destined to lose. She'll try to control us, but we won't budge. Hear my words for we have already won.

I suddenly snap back into my reality. I realised I was sitting up. I couldn't see Aiden. But I couldn't see anything.

"Aiden." I whispered.

I tried to reach for him, but he couldn't be found. But I felt him telling me he was here. He was by my side.

"Answer me please." I plead. "I can't see anything Aiden."

"I'm here." Aiden said soothingly.

I felt his arms wrap around me and my body melted into his. I needed him. My mind, body and soul called to his. I wanted to be one with him. Hear his voice in my head. But I didn't know if I could. I didn't know if I was ready.

"I'm scared Aiden." I whisper.

"I know you are." Aiden said calmly as he kissed my forehead. "But I'm here for you. I won't let anyone hurt you."

"What's happening to me?" I ask.

"I don't know my love." Aiden said sadly. "But whatever it is. We'll get through it together."

I closed my eyes knowing it wouldn't make a difference. Aiden laid me back down onto the bed. He kept his arms wrapped around me. It almost felt like I had envisioned it. It felt like a dream. Like a dream.

Darkness around me. Words fill my mind. Your pain and mine. Joined together. My solider. Mine. Why must you die? Why must you leave me here alone? Is it my fault? Did I fight too hard? Did I let him get to close? Why are you jealous? Why are you sad? You are mine. Yet here I lay dead. My body left to burn away. My fire killing my soul. Killing my body. I feel so far away. Why must I die? Why did I let myself burn? Why did my fire burn my body? It doesn't make sense. But I feel the dark consume me. This familiar feeling. Of death. It's consuming me. His light carrying on with me. Why didn't I appreciate all I had. I felt you do it. I wanted an army. An army to kill. But I fell away. Broke apart. The moment mine died. I lost myself. Thank you for reuniting me. For all is not lost. But I fear for the worse. Danger is coming. You'll handle just right. But death is dawning against us again. But this time we can't die.

My mind was slipping. Falling. I felt myself spiralling. Like nothing was real. Like nothing was right. But nothing was wrong. Hot flushes in my skin. My fire burns bright. Sliver speckles of my wings surround my every view. Flames consume my soul. But rebirth my soul. Made me the same. But I'm different all the same. I might not be her. But I am close. I might not enjoy death. But I still kill. I will still kill. I will fight until my last breath. They will live. Like a fiery inferno. I was born again. My life won't end in death this time. For I am meant to stay. I'm an Angel. I have a group. Not that it matters anyway. For I must wake. I must see. Danger is close. Close to me. Come get me general. I'm ready. I will burn your soul into millions of pieces. So that you could never harm anyone else. I'll do it for the right reasons. But I won't be the one killing you. Not this time. Someone else needs to do it more. And I'll let him. For you have tortured his soul. Tortured his mind. Let him release himself from your hold. His soul and mine are all but old. Bring back his soul to his rightful place. Next to mine.

"Azrael." I whispered under my breath still half asleep.

I felt someone pushing my body. I didn't think much of it. But it kept happening. I knew they wanted me awake. I thought it would be another dream. But the dreams are over. No more past for I must focus on this life. My life.

"What." I finally said sleepily.

"Get up." A stern voice said.

"Leave me alone." I said rolling over into Aiden's arms.

Aiden started stroking my hair. I felt my body calm. The white glow of light swept through my bones. I felt the mix of fire, dark and light. I felt at ease. Like my body has finally accepted what we are. Who we are.

"Wake up." The voice said as they touch my shoulder harshly.

"Let me sleep." I say as I tried to bury my head deeper into Aiden's chest.

I was trying to shield my body from my attacker, but I couldn't hide enough under the covers of my bed. Aiden's arms didn't seem to help.

"Azrael let me sleep." I said after a while.

My mind didn't seem to register my words. Yet my body knew all too well. Azrael didn't say anything I knew he was standing there. Waiting for me to fully realise what I said.

"Azrael?" I asked.

"Hmm." Azrael said not amused.

I turn over to face him. My eyes still drowsy.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Trying to get you out of bed. Do I have to pull you out?" Azrael asked.

Azrael was about to pull me out of bed. But he got distracted by more of my attackers.

"Why am I not allowed to sleep." I say as I place my arm over my eyes.

"Because you need to get up." Jason said as he walked up to me.

"Hurry up Nova." Nick said.

"Give me a minute." I said as I slowly got out of bed.

"We need to hurry Nova." Jason said.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"We're under attack." Jason finally answered.

My body jolted awake. I felt my fire in my bones. The white and dark glow. I hurried to get better clothes on. We ran out of my room and in the hall that's where we saw it. Pure human guards turning against us. My blood ran cold. For I knew this was Abelia's work. I must stop this. But how? We never fought like this. People were injured on both sides. But none of that mattered right now. My body was frozen For I felt the fear. Smelt the fear. It was lingering in the air. Dawning down on my soul. For a light angel she loved using fear. I hate people who use fear. I felt the red smoke pricking my skin. The tiny hairs on my arms sticking up. Almost as if I was about to be struck with lightning. I felt no fear. I felt nothing. I had a deep sense of anger. My mind was quiet. No thoughts flowing in and out of my mind. Suddenly I was surround with my red smoke. The sliver particles flowing in the air. They had a destination in mind. They were flowing towards my back. The red smoke with the silver particles flowed back into my skin. Leaving me with wings. They were silver. The purest silver I've ever seen. Then they set on fire. But it didn't burn. The fire bounced off from my wings. Like they were on fire. One of my wings was silver. My light side. Whilst my other was black. Just like Azrael's wings. My dark side. One with silver flame the other with a deep orange. Everyone stopped what they were doing. The pure human guards dropped their batons. What we like to call the attack sticks. Because whenever they are out, they are always hurting someone. The other prisoners stopped using their abilities. Everyone was staring. I hated it. But I preferred it over attacking the other. I felt the fear subside in them. I felt the uneasiness subside in me. I knew they didn't know what they were doing. But recovering from this will be hard. There are going to be more attacks. But general Zagen must come first. I won't give in to her demand. I must trust my instincts on this. I must trust myself. I knew my eyes would be glowing. I felt it. I felt all the power I had in my body. I felt it flowing through my veins. I felt my heart beat to my fire. They were in sync. I felt the darkness in my bones. I felt the light in my veins. I felt myself slipping. Slipping from the consciousness of this world. Knowing I will awake once the time is right. Now I must fall into the void. When I wake. I'll be fully embraced into myself.

As one we reunite. My fight is yours. In consciousness and unconsciousness. My heart beats as one with the fire that burns inside my veins. That burns inside my heart. I breathe when you breathe. As one is all I need. I need more. Always need more. But this connection. It runs through every fibre of my being. Every lifetime it's you and I. Something that can easily be reached. Your heartbeat in sync with mine. As one we'll win this war. As one we'll fight for our hearts desire. I need to feel you in my veins. In my heart. Your pulse and mine combined. For I am where I need to be. I'm one with all my lifetimes. All my versions. Our hearts are one. But there is a heartbeat missing. Yours.

I slowly start to stir. My body free of pain. No more suffering. Everything is so much more clearer. I know what I must do. I feel it in my bones. I feel it in my heart. I would be lying if I said that I haven't thought about it. Subconsciously it's been there. But it hasn't been in my main thoughts. He's my everything. I know we've been close. After everything we've been through it would be nice to have a little bit of normal. A calm day. But I need to accept that whilst Abelia and Zagen are alive it's impossible. I know there will be more after them. But at least we might get a little break. Maybe we'll get married in that time. Who knows what will happen. I've never once thought of marriage until I met Aiden. I never thought I could have someone love me quite as him. I would sacrifice everything for him. My life would be meaningless without him. If I could kill him someone else can. I need to remember that. There is only one me, but there are others like me. And there are people like Abelia and Zagen who want to cause harm. Kill everything that makes you, you. For once I woke up alone. Laying on my bed. I knew they were close. I felt it. I knew there would be death ahead. But I know it won't be anyone I care about. Because I won't let that happen. I will sacrifice my life for those who make it worth it. For those who make each day better. For those past and present versions of themselves. Whatever happens I know that I can rely on them. As I push myself out of my bed I hear a banging noise outside of my door. I cautiously walk towards it. Not knowing whether I was in danger. As I open the door I see Blaze crash into the wall. As you can imagine I was quite confused. He was laughing and that's when I saw Raine. I couldn't help but smile.

"Nova!" Blaze exclaimed as he wrapped his arms around me.

I didn't say anything. I was confused. Just as I was about to speak Raine joined in on our hug.

"I was feeling left out." Raine said as Blaze moved his arm to let her in.

I enjoyed this feeling. It made that hole that was growing close over ever so slightly. Everything was coming together. And everything will fall apart so that we can come back stronger. General Zagen is Aiden and I's path. Abelia is where we all join together.

"I'm hungry." I say after a while realising that I haven't eaten at all today.

"Of course you are. You weren't at breakfast or lunch." Blaze said in disbelief.

"I've been unconscious for that long?" I ask.

"Yes, Nova there is something happening to us." Raine said worried.

"I know I can feel it." I answer.

"How about we talk about this together as a group." Blaze said. "Come on."

He grabs my arm and leads me to the hall. Everything was neat and in place. Like the events of this morning never happened. Like it was all a dream or a distant memory. The void of darkness swallows me up. But why would it feel familiar. The void of darkness has captured me again. But why would it feel like home? I saw Aiden and the others at the table waiting for us to arrive. When we sat down Jason handed me a plate of food.

"We need to stay on top of this." He said determined.

"We need to get rid of general Zagen." Aiden said. "He must come first."

"Abelia is causing more harm than he is at the moment. If we go after Abelia first, we have an advantage." Azrael commented.

"Zagen must come first." I said sternly.

Azrael looked at me confused. He knew both of them. But not like I did.

"Abelia will use Zagen if we keep him alive." I explain. "Going after Zagen first will give us an advantage. That's how we win."

'Hear my words for we have already won' I found myself saying in head again.

"We are destined to win this fight. But we have to do it right." I say determined.

"How are you so sure." Azrael said. "We need to rely on tactics and strategy. Not that voice in your head Nova. It can be misguiding you."

"The voice in my head is my own Azrael. If we go after Abelia first, she'll be stronger. General Zagen is already on his way to us now. We must not be distracted. Not for our hatred of Abelia. If we focus on her she'll win. She gets what she wants, and we do not want that." I resolved.

"I agree." Jason said. "General Zagen is a threat to us now. Our whole livelihood is based on what he is going to do. If we let emotion get the best of us, we are bound to lose."

"But that doesn't mean we can't focus on both." I comment.

"We can have some of us working on Abelia whilst the others work on Zagen." Stone said.

"I agree." I concluded. "But Zagen is personal. It must be kept that way."

"What do you suggest?" Aiden asked.

"Aiden, you, Jason, Nick and I will go after him." I answer. "We already have an advantage. But we need to keep the rest of the soldiers out of the loop. The less they know the better."

"That isn't right." Blaze said. "We all should go and be involved."

"The more involved the higher chance of failure. The less people we have the less chance of being caught out. He's smart. But we need to be smarter." Jason said.

"I agree with Jason." Nick said. "We already have a plan. We already know how and when. We have the element of surprise and careful decision making. If we have more than four people, it'll be easier to get caught."

"Aiden and I are the only ones Zagen needs to know about. Jason and Nick can easily go uncovered. We can take them out more that way. No one who is willingly going along with Zagen's plan can live. Who better than having two people take the fall." I said with a small smile.

"That isn't right." Raine argued. "They should be to blame. Why are you going to let the blame be on you?"

"It's the right thing to do. If Nova and I take the blame. Jason can take in the rest of the soldiers. If we take the blame everyone else will be innocent. It doesn't matter why we take blame; it matters that we do it to." Aiden said.

"Raine if we take blame, it won't change anything. If we don't take blame, it'll change everything for the worse. They already hate me; they already hate the soldiers. So let them hate us and not you. And not Jason or anyone else." I explain.

"It's not fair!" Raine exclaimed.

"No, it's not but it's the right thing to do." I answer.

"Raine why they focus on them we can focus on taking down Abelia." Brooke said with a small smile.

"That's what we need to focus on." Wolf said.

"And we'll do that to the best of our ability." Willow said. "I promise Nova."

I nod my head in acknowledge meant for the promise. We discuss our plans and tactics. We need to be ready, and we will be for when the time comes. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50 0 12
Everyone avoids chaos. Everyone runs from it. Me? I find peace. I shut off everything and everyone. Especially when its been years since the invas...
447 9 50
For nearly sixteen years, Naria has been counted as an "outcast", even though she has a loving family. But she has never really forgave nor forgotten...
1.3K 417 50
Some people wait their whole lives to find the perfect friend. But not Isabella Washington. She knew she'd be best friends with Aiden Cunningham the...
278 21 8
In the remnants of a world reshaped by cataclysm, survival is dictated by a harsh new rule - the survival of the fittest. Amidst the ruins, society h...