COTE\OC Unpolished Diamond Ye...

By Ryuzu__

After his first year at the Advanced Nurturing High School, Fukazawa Yato is about to start his second year a... More

Bio
OC's Recap
Prologue
Volume 1: New Stage
Bio
Volume 1: New Journey
Volume 1: Meeting
Volume 1: Delinquents
Volume 1: Suspicion
Volume 1: All in
Volume 1: Shopping
Volume 1: The worst future?
Volume 1: The Sound of Expulsion
Volume 1: Behind the scenes
Volume 1 SS
Volume 2: Similarity
Volume 2: Student Council
Volume 2: Summer's almost here
Volume 2: Strategy
Volume 2: Preparation begins
Volume 2: First-Year Preparation
Volume 2: Question
Volume 2: Brothers
Volume 2: End of the first semester
Volume 2 SS
Volume 3: Last day before the Special Exam
Volume 3: Uninhabited Island Exam begins
Volume 3: Sense of danger
Volume 3: Beach Volley
Volume 3: The Invisible Enemy
Volume 3: Day 4
Volume 3: Imminent confrontation?
Volume 3: Panic
Volume 3: The Seeds of Unrest
Volume 3 SS
Volume 4: Doubts
Volume 4: New Group
Volume 4: Uninhabited Island Exam begins Part.2
Special Short Story # 2
Volume 4: Run
Volume 4: Experience
Volume 4: Desir to fight
Volume 4: Beginning of the hunt
Volume 4: All-out battle
Volume 4: Surprise
Volume 4: Different worlds
Volume 4 SS
Volume 4.5: Long-awaited vacations
Volume 4.5: Expectations
Volume 4.5: Ugliness
Volume 4.5: Breakfast
Volume 4.5: Justice
Volume 4.5: The winner is...
Volume 4.5: Date

Volume 4.5: Birthday Party Stratagem

1.5K 48 58
By Ryuzu__

Chapter 3

5th August \ Second day of the vacation.

Touma Pov:

Touma: Is that so?

Miyazaki: Yeah! Am I right Hayashi?

Hayashi: Yeah, seeing you at the head of the ranking just motivated us to do our best and not fall behind Fukazawa! Many people think like us.

I just smiled and nodded.

Touma: I see. I'm glad to hear that. I won't bother you any longer. Enjoy your vacation!

Miyazaki: Thanks! Let's find some time to go hang out Fukazawa!

I nodded once again as I looked at these two walking away. They are classmates who had participated in a duo in the previous exam on the desert island. 

Since yesterday, I have taken some time to discuss and make sure everything went fine for everyone during these two weeks. Thanking them for their effort was just a way to show their effort were noticed. After all, no one in our class ended up in danger. That's why making sure the morale was high in the class was something I had to do as the representative of my class.

Touma: Now that I talked with these two, I officially had a talk with all my classmates...

The only one I hadn't seen yet was Takuya. I called him, but we hadn't met since the exam ended. Yesterday, he preferred to stay in his room to regain some strength after these long two weeks.

He also apologized over the phone for having worked with Tsubaki. I said it was fine, but he insisted that he wanted to apologize correctly to have hidden things from me.

After all, a few first-years worked together with the goal of expelling Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. The majority didn't understand what happened even though they were involved despite not knowing about the bounty of Ayanokoji's head.

Anyway, I'm supposed to meet Takuya later today as he invited me to have lunch with me.

The meeting time was 13h00 at one of the cruise ship's cafes, but it was just 12h00. I still have time before the meeting time.

I was on the largest deck of the cruise ship, where the biggest pool and the majority of people gathered today. The mood was really different from the previous two weeks or even what I have seen so far in this school. For the first time, it seemed like a normal school, where students were enjoying their summer break with their friends.

Even if I came to this school for a few precise reasons...enjoying my time and creating memories is not something I should forget.

With that in mind, I started walking around the deck, hoping to encounter someone I know. I had some time to waste before my meeting with Takuya after all.

After a moment of walking around, I saw two girls I recognized. Both of them were hiding around a corner as they seemed to spy on something or someone further away...

Even without their weird behavior, I would have approached them, but now I was even more puzzled and curious about their attitude. That's how I started to approach them from behind until I started hearing what they were saying.

???: What this idiot's doing?!

???: I was pretty sure there was something between him and her...

???: Yeah right?!

???: Who's this girl anyway?!

While they seemed annoyed and curious at the same time...they were side by side trying to stay hidden while they were looking further away...

I stood behind them, and they were so much focused that they never noticed me approaching...

Touma: Can I ask what both of you doing?

Kei\Gou: KYAAAAAA!!!!!

Karuizawa-senpai and Gou, the two girls I approached, turned around, terrified as I called them out.

Even if I surprised them, they quickly calmed themself after realizing it was only me...

Gou: Gosh...don't scare us like that...

Kei: Seriously...you really scared us Fukazawa-kun.

Karuizawa Kei is Yato's ex-girlfriend, but she seems to still have a sort of relationship with him, like a friendship one, despite the "harsh" break-up that I heard rumors about. I had the chance to talk with her a few times, and she seemed to care about Yato. Even if I didn't hear the real story between these two, I get a glimpse of their relationship...

Touma: Well I was only passing by...it's more you who's acting strangely. What are you looking at?

As I was about to take a step forward to look around the corner, Karuizawa-senpai and Gou pulled on my arm to prevent me from doing so.

Gou: What are you doing?! You're crazy?!

Kei: He'll find us out if you reveal yourself!!!

Touma: He?

They both started looking at me, stressed and almost annoyed as if I had almost ruined their plan...

Touma: Seriously... what's the deal? What's going on?

Kei\Gou: ...

They both exchanged glances and nodded at the same time...which was kinda surprising as they seemed to have such a complicity between these two.

With a sign with her hand, Gou instructed me to take a peek around the corner while staying hidden. I did the same as Karuizawa and Gou and started looking further for all the pools.

After looking around a moment, I think I finally saw what caught their attention for a moment...

Touma: Is that Yato with...Kiryuin-senpai?

Further way, close to one of the pools, there was Yato sitting on a beach chair with a girl with long silver hair. From my memory of the OAA she's Kiryuin Fuka from the 3-B. She also got into the top 10 during the Desert Island exam.

Gou: Ah?! Kiryuin-senpai?!

Kei: You know her Fukazawa-kun?

Touma: Well...not really. I just remembered from the OAA.

Gou: But seriously...what she's doing with Yato?!

Kei: Don't you think they look kinda close?

Touma: Well...

I was kinda hesitant to answer their question. Also, why did they seem that concerned about that?

Touma: Why not ask him directly?

Gou: No No No...we can't approach him or he will understand that we were observing him for a moment already...

Kei: That's right...He's going to notice us if we're not careful...

Touma: I'm pretty sure he might already know you're looking at him but anyway...I should keep that to myself...

I just took a step behind having done looking at Yato, and they did the same. It seemed they were here for a moment, looking at Yato, who was currently spending time with Kiryuin-senpai.

Gou: Seriously, they seem really close, right?

Kei: That's weird...I don't recall seeing Yato with her before. I was pretty sure these two would be a thing...

Touma: These two?

Gou: Right Kei-chan?! I hope this idiot is not playing around with many girls, or he'll hear about me!

Touma: ...

I just felt that I stepped into something I would have preferred to avoid...That's why I just stayed silent looking at them talking to each other with more complicity than I thought. I knew Gou paired up with Karuizawa-senpai during the first special exam, but it seems they stayed in touch even after that.

As I listened to them, I could not fully understand what they were saying or why they were acting this way.

Touma: I'm not sure to understand...why is that a problem to see Yato with Kiryuin-senpai?

They almost seemed scared that Yato and Kiyruin-senpai could be in a relationship. Was Karuizawa-senpai in love with Yato, and Gou wanted to help her, so they're annoyed to see him with another girl? 

No, it doesn't seem to be the case... I don't think Karuizawa-senpai has that sort of feeling for Yato.

Then what's the reason for their attitude? Why does Yato and Kiryuin being together seem to disappoint them?

Kei\Gou: Ehhhhh...

They both exchanged a glance before looking at me.

Gou: You wouldn't be able to understand...

Kei: That's right...Let's call this a girl thing.

Touma: I-I see...

I still couldn't understand their behavior and also realized it was better not to try to look more...

Touma: Anyway...

I immediately took the lead to change the topic of our conversation.

Touma: Have the two of you have some plans together today?

I was rather curious to hear if they met by chance or if they planned to meet today.

Kei: Ah I asked Gou-chan if she wanted to go eat with me later! I also asked if she wanted to go to do some shopping later...

Gou: That's right...we couldn't bring a lot of things here but with all the stores available it might be a good thing to take a look around.

As they said, the cruise ships had many shops or other faculty...taking a look at all of them, even if you end up using private points, is not a bad idea. After all enjoying our vacations was something important.

Gou: Ah but I almost forgot!

As if she realized something she started looking at me.

Gou: Kei-chan and I went to book a reservation for one of the private pools. We'll be able to celebrate your birthday we couldn't last week!

As she said, my birthday was last week...in the middle of the desert island on the 30th of July.

Kei: Sorry for being late, but happy birthday, Fukazawa-kun!

Touma: Thanks Karuizawa-senpai!

I just smiled and started looking at Gou as what she said caught my attention.

Touma: But why did you reserve one of the pools? 

Gou: Since we were in the middle of the special exam last week, we couldn't celebrate your birthday correctly. That's why I thought about having a party for your birthday! I already started inviting some people!

Touma: What?

As I was still a bit hesitant about this matter of a party for my birthday...before I could speak up again.

???: Oh? What's going on here, Fukazawa?

The three of us started looking at our left even though I immediately recognized this voice. The guy who called out my name started walking toward us with a girl on his side.

Touma: Not that much to say Nagumo-senpai.

The guy who just called me out was Nagumo and there was Asahina Nazuna walking next to him.

Asahina: Hoya Fukazawa-kun!

She greeted me with a cheerful smile and waved her hand at me. I answered back with a smile, and the two of them finally arrived where we were standing.

Nagumo: ...

With a quick glance he started looking at Karuizawa before looking at me with a smile.

Nagumo: Ahh don't mess with me Fukazawa! I heard the word party! You won't get away before I hear more details about it!

Touma: ...

He was acting as usual with his confidence...but I don't know. There was something wrong that I couldn't explain.

Asahina: ...

I also felt Asahina's gaze on me while Nagumo started looking at Gou who was standing next to me.

Nagumo: You're Yato and Touma's friend, right?

It was the first time Nagumo and Gou had encountered each other. Gou nodded with a smile and acted more seriously.

Gou: That's right Nagumo-senpai. I am Baji Gou from the 1-A. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Nagumo: Haha no need to be that serious with me...

Having done the introduction with Gou, he started looking at the whole group and not a person in particular...

Nagumo: Then? What's this matter of party? Would it be for Fukazawa's birthday?

Touma: Oh? You remember my birthday huh?

Nagumo: Well, usually we do something between members of the student council when it's someone's birthday, but for you, we were in the middle of the special exam, so we couldn't this time...

I recently joined the student council, and there's been no one birthday so far...but it seems Nagumo really takes care of the people in the council.

Nagumo: Then? What have you planned?

Gou: Ah, well, I booked one of the private pools to celebrate his birthday, Nagumo-senpai.

Nagumo: Oh? When?

Gou: Ah, for the 8th of August.

Nagumo: Perfect! We'll be there!

He didn't hesitate or even ask if it was fine—he claimed he would be there. Even if Gou seemed a bit shocked at first, I wasn't because I expected it to happen when I saw Nagumo approaching.

Asahina: Hehe sorry for imposing us! I hope it won't bother you!

Gou: Not at all senpai! I'd be happy if there were more people for Touma's birthday!

Touma: I can't even choose the people who'll be there?

It seems there was no turning back. On the 8th of August, we'll be holding a party for my birthday, and Nagumo and I will be there. I just hope there won't be too many problematic people.

As Asahina-senpai was talking with Gou...Nagumo approached me, and as he passed next to me, he stopped and put his hand on my shoulder.

Nagumo: You're probably the sole regret I didn't have Fukazawa...I had fun playing with you, thanks.

He said that with a smile, but he didn't even look at me in the eyes...he was looking in front of him.

Touma: It's been interesting Nagumo-senpai. You're definitely an exceptional senpai.

What I said was my honest feeling. Even if there were many things in his attitude and way of doing things that I wouldn't support or agree with, he was still an exceptional person who stood to the top.

He just smiled again at my answer and removed his hand from my shoulder before looking me in the eyes.

Nagumo: If you ever need something, just ask me. I'll help you...no matter what will happen in the future.

Touma: No matter what will happen in the future?

Without wasting time or waiting for my answer, he started walking away with no intention of looking back.

Asahina: You noticed as well don't you?

Asahina, who walked next to me, said that as we both looked at Nagumo walking away. Gou and Karuziawa were standing further behind, unable to hear our conversation.

Touma: He seems to act as usual, but...there seems to be something else going on.

This weird feeling I had earlier...it wasn't my imagination. Asahina just confirmed it to me as she noticed the same thing as me about Nagumo.

Asahina: I've been around Miyabi for a while now, but I've never seen him like that...

She said that while looking at Nagumo back slowly walking away...

Asahina: Your brother is really special...

Feeling Asahina's eyes on me, I naturally started looking at her.

Asahina: When I proposed to Miyabi to go see your brother yesterday at the infirmary, he immediately refused...I thought he was angry at him because of their stupid game, but he just looked at me with a smile I never saw before, saying...I've been too greedy.

Touma: Greedy huh?

Even if she probably didn't understand what Nagumo meant by that, I did. It seems my brother managed to impact Nagumo even if this last one was taken out on the last day and was unable to fully his original plan until the end.

Asahina: I didn't understand what he meant, but... your brother is definitely someone who has an influence on Miyabi. I never thought about it before, but...maybe your brother is the only one who can help Nagumo with what no one has ever been able to help him with...

Touma: Which is?

Asahina: Boredom...

Touma: Boredom huh?

I started looking in the direction that Nagumo had left a moment ago, even though I couldn't see him anymore. He had already left for a moment...

Asahina: That's right...I think your brother noticed Miyabi's boredom while we were all unable to. After all he's even been the first one to hint it to me...Sighs...

She just sighed and took a deep breath before starting to smile.

Asahina: If only Yato-kun had been in the same years as us, he could have done what I couldn't for Miyabi. In fact...I think he would have made our time better in this school. Myself, Kiriyama-kun, Fuka-chan and more important...for Miyabi.

As she said that I sensed some regret in her words...

Touma: You seem to care for Nagumo-senpai's well-being. Are you perhaps...going out with Nagumo-senpai?

She seemed surprised when I asked this question...but I was rather curious to understand the relationship between these two. 

Asahina: Ah? Dating this idiot? Haha as if!

Touma: ...

I was still unsure about the veracity of her words or the core of Nagumo Miyabi's and Asahina Nazuna's relationship. 

While I thought about it, she just started to walk away and turned around before looking at me one last time.

Asahina: Bye Bye Fukazawa-kun! We'll be there for your birthday! I'll try to buy you something!

Touma: Ah, that's right....I almost forget that birthday party with all that...

I just smiled at her, and she also walked away, probably to join Nagumo wherever they were heading before encountering us.

As Asahina walked away Gou and Karuizawa approached me.

Kei: Was there a problem with Asahina-senpai?

Gou: She seemed kinda serious...

They probably didn't approach sooner because they noticed Asahina's worried attitude.

Touma: She just seemed worried about a few things and asked me a few things...

Just when I thought I gave a good answer to avoid talking more about that...Gou started looking at me more surprised than ever

Gou: Ahhhh!!! Don't tell me you play around with many girls just like Yato?!

Touma: ...

Before I could answer...

???: Like who?

Gou\Kei: KYAAAAAA!!!

Touma: ...

Just behind the two girls stood someone who scared both of them, as they didn't feel him approaching. I only noticed him because I was standing in front of the two girls, but it seemed I was right with my earlier assumption.

Gou: Y-Y-Yato?! What are you doing here?!

Yato was standing there with his usual nonchalant expression on his face.

Yato: Me? You've been watching me for a moment already. What's the matter?

Touma: I see...so I was right. He knew they were watching him from here...

Kei: I-I-I don't see what you're talking about...

Gou: T-That's right. You're weird thinking we were watching you...

Yato: Sighs...how can this turn against me? Well, whatever...

He just scratched the back of his head before looking at the three of us...

Yato: Aside from stalking me... what's you been up to, the three of you?

Gou: Ah! That's right. I was waiting for the moment you'd be alone to talk about something with you...

Yato: ...

Touma: So you just admit you were stalking him...

Not realizing her mistake, I made quick eye contact with Yato before he started looking at Gou again.

Gou: I booked one of the private for Touma's birthday! Don't plan anything for the 8th because you need to come.

Yato: But...

Gou: No but! I also don't want to see Yato the grumpy that day! Is that clear?

Yato: Argh. Why are we going to the pool and not go eat somewhere the three of us instead?

Gou: What did I just say? No Yato the grumpy this week is that clear? That's a birthday and we need to celebrate it! I already booked it and asked people to come...Kei-chan plans to come, right?

Kei: That's right...don't tell me you seriously thought about dodging your brother's party?

Touma: Well...with Nagumo who's already coming...I'm scared of how it will turn out if Yato and other problematic people end up coming...so it might be a good idea if he stays out of this...

Yato: Nah I'll be there...

Touma: Why?! Why did you decide to play the good brother today of all days?!

Gou: Great...Oh! 

Suddenly, Gou's eyes widened. It caught all our attention as she seemed to have thought about something...

Yato: What's wrong?

Gou: Since the private pool can host up to 40 people, it would be great if you ask someone to tag along with you...

Yato: To help pay the fees, huh? Fine...I'll ask Ryuji to tag along...

Gou: A-A-Ah well no you can't!

Yato: Huh?

Touma: ...

I just stayed silent as Yato and I started looking at Gou, puzzled...

Yato: What do you mean I can't? You just asked me to invite someone to that birthday party. Ryuji will be happy to come to Touma's birthday party.

Gou: W-Well the thing is...well there's already too many guys who's coming!

Kei: !!!!!!

Yato: And? I still don't understand what's the problem...

While Yato started to show some doubts, Karuziawa stepped forward to support Gou.

Kei: That's right. If only guys comes to the party, it would end up quite boring, don't you think? That's why we want you to bring a girl to the party!

Yato: Well...

As he seemed to hesitate about the answer...

Gou: Anyway, that's Touma's birthday, not yours! That's what he said! So do as he said and bring a girl! 

Touma: I never said that though...

I suddenly felt two deadly glances coming from Gou and Karuziawa...that's why I decided the wisest choice was to nod.

Touma: Bring a girl and stop complaining Nii-san.

Yato: Sighs...whatever...send me the details via message and I'll be there.

Gou: Great!

Yato: Anyway see you later guys...

He then walked away as he probably approached us just to verify the reason why they were watching over him.

Kei: You're a genius, Gou-chan!!!

As I looked at Yato walking away, these two seemed on the same page, as they both had a grin on their faces.

Gou: Hehe right? This idiot fell for my super plan~~

Kei: Now we just have to wait and see who's going to accompany him to the party!

Gou: That's right! Is he going to come with Kiyruin-senpai or her? 

Touma: ...

I couldn't help but stay silent looking at these two talking...

???: Ahh Gou-chan~~

Touma: This voice...some other problems...

Karuziawa and Gou stopped talking and started looking in the direction that Yato left a moment ago. A single girl in a swimsuit started approaching us.

Gou: Ah Ichika-chan! Oh you're wearing a swimsuit huh? You just got out of the pool?

Kei: ...

I don't know the reason, but Karuizawa's gaze was stern when she saw Amasawa approaching us. What I was even less expecting was the sudden change of attitude for Amasawa...she seemed depressed...

Amasawa: No...it's Yato who pushed me into the water even if I tried to be kind to him...

She was almost tearing up as if she lived a traumatic event...

Gou: This idiot...I'm sorry I'll force him to apologize later...

Just as I was looking at Amasawa's acting skills, for a brief moment, I saw her look at me with a devilish smirk and wink at me.

Touma: I swear...

Amasawa: If he apologizes, I might forgive him huph!

She crossed her arms as if her feelings had been hurt, which wasn't the case at all.

Amasawa: Anyway what were you talking about the three of you~~

Gou: Oh we were justly talking about Touma's birthday party!

Touma: Oh crap...

As I suddenly got a bad feeling about this...I sensed Amasawa's gaze switching on me...

Amasawa: A birthday party huh...I have never been to one before...

As she says that in a sadder voice tone...

Gou: What? You never been to a birthday party before? I can let that pass! You should come for Touma's birthday!

Amasawa: Seriously? Hehe~~ Thank you Fukazawa-kun~~

She said that as she took a step closer to me as she was only wearing her swimsuits. Her hair was still wet as she didn't seem to have dried at all before coming here...

Touma: You're welcome...I guess?

Seriously...the more we talk about that birthday party, the worse it becomes.

Touma: I think I will get going...

Staying here will just cause me more problems...that's why I immediately decided to walk away without wasting more time.

It seems I will have a birthday party pretty soon...

What I didn't expect was that MY birthday party would turn out to be a stratagem set up by these two.

.

.

.

Around the same time

Third Person Pov:

Just like the majority of people, a single teenager was walking in the hallways of the cruise ship in the direction where all the places to have lunch were.

There were restaurants, cafes or small shops selling lunch sandwiches to bring to your room or eat outside. Many options were available for students. If some wanted to keep their private points, the lunch sold by the school like a sandwich was probably the best option for them. But those who want to enjoy the cruise ship to the fullest won't hesitate to visit the cafes and restaurants available.

While the teenager was walking in the direction of a specific cafe...

???: You're good, Takuya...walking normally despite the pain in your ankle...

Someone said that to Yagami Takuya from the 1-B. The one who spoke up was leaning against the wall as if he was waiting for Yagami...but this last one didn't seem surprised at all.

Yagami: It's not that light injury that will restrain me and force me to stay at the infirmary...Kuze.

Yagami stopped walking seeing Masachika Kuze leaning against a wall a bit further in front of him. 

Both of them knew they were alone around and that they wouldn't be heard or surprised by anyone.

Masachika: Are you perhaps referring to Fukazawa Yato about being forced to stay in the infirmary?

With a sly smile, Masachika stepped forward and approached closer of Yagami with the same smile.

Masachika: For your information, he's already out free of his movement despite the injury he received.

Yagami: Is that so? You seem to have fun monitoring his movement.

With no surprise or impression that Fukazawa Yato was already out of the infirmary, Yagami preferred to provoke Masachika's actions. Masachika reacted by only keeping his sly smile while staring at Yagami in front of him.

Masachika: Fun? Sadly, I'm probably the only one of us who's taking things seriously...You and Ichika... You can't complain as much as you want about her but you are as bad as each other about the current situation.

Yagami: ...

While keeping eye contact with Masachika, Yagami made another step to get closer to Masachika, who stopped smiling for a moment.

Yagami: This attitude...why are you suddenly acting like the boss? Do you think you'll win against me now that I'm somehow injured?

Masachika: ...

Masachika stayed silent this time until his sly smile came back.

Masachika: You always claim violence is the last resort for you but look at you right now...

Masachika then put his two hands into his pocket which clearly showed his intention to Yagami.

Masachika: I don't and never intended to fight against you Takuya...You might have difficulty admitting it, but I'm doing all this for you and Ichika.

Even though there has been some provocation between these two so far, Yagami was annoyed for the first time as he tightened his fist.

The reason?

"I don't and never intended to fight"

These words triggered Yagami this time. Yagami wants to obtain total control over the situation for his future match against Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, his whole reason for being in that school...

But still...

He would have preferred to hear Masachika say that he was ready to fight instead of running away, as he had always done in the Whiteroom since his childhood. While Yagami always did everything to push his limits to reach Ayanokoji Kiyotaka and give a meaning to his existence, Masachika abandoned and turned his back on all this.

They were literally two sides of the same coin. Two completely different mentally despite being from the same "world."

That's why no matter what they would say to each other...Yagami won't ever be able to understand or even accept Masachika's way of doing as it goes against all that he believes and fights for.

Yagami: Whatever...where's Ichika and what she's doing?

Even if they can't understand each other, they're not stupid. If Masachika says that Yagami and Amasawa were as bad as each other, it means he recently obtained some information about Ichika's activities.

Masachika: She's still carelessly approaching Fukazawa Yato and trying to play around with him...

Yagami: Seriously...anyway it's not our problem anymore.

Masachika: Hm?

Rather surprised by his reaction, Masachika showed some doubts. Since the beginning of the year, Yagami has been the one making sure Ichika won't overdo it. He's always been there to remind her to stay calm and not create any more problems.

But now he claimed that her behavior wasn't a problem, which is why Masachika showed some doubts.

Yagami: What's wrong with that face Kuze? She's not part of the WhiteRoom anymore...she betrayed us and the organization by revealing herself to Ayanokoji. I'll handle her to make sure she won't interfere for good...after all, there's no bond between us anymore. You should be happy...I value you more than her from now on.

Harsh and cold words were said by Yagami. Masachika didn't seem surprised but more disappointed...and Yagami immediately noticed it.

Masachika: So all the years we've been together in the WhiteRoom suddenly disappeared?

Yagami: I'm here to take out Ayanokoji Kiyotaka...even if one of you is in my way, I'll both take you out.

Masachika: ...

Masachika didn't answer Yagami this time, and he wasn't smiling anymore.

Before one of them could say anything...they both noticed something.

Two distinct footsteps coming from behind Masachika.

Tsukishiro: My My...what a nice little gathering we have here!

With his usual grin, he said that while approaching the two teenagers with Shiba-sensei walking behind him.

Yagami and Masachika immediately became their guards without showing anything in their body language.

Masachika: Is there any problem Acting Director Tsukishiro? Well, I don't think that title would be the proper way to call you now. Shall I call you simply Tsukishiro-san?

Tsukishiro: That's right my role as Acting Director ended. I'm still your superior, though, so I would impose respect for failed products as both of you.

With his grin, he provoked these two while having his arm on his back, which showed absolute confidence in himself.

Yagami: We didn't receive any instruction as we couldn't interact. Was it a mistake for us to assume we could?

Both teenagers aligned their attitudes and interests at this precise moment. Even though they have totally opposite views of their "world" and their "role," they still grow up together.

Tsukishiro: You can do as much as you want. This isn't the matter. The real problem is your pathetic failure to expel Ayanokoji Kiyotaka during the first semester. I guess asking trash such a task was a waste a time since the very beginning...

After another provocation, he turned his attention to Masachika.

Tsukishiro: I thought you were the one I could rely on, Masachika Kuze, but you profoundly disappointed me. You're not better and maybe worse than the two others...not able to handle any task I gave you...and worse...

After he said that, he stopped talking, and he and Shiba-sensei walked around Masachika and Yagami to surround them.

Tsukishiro: What was the simple task again? Do not harm in any way Fukazawa Yato...

TAP

With a quick jab sent at Masachika, this last one raised his forearm to block Tsukishiro's punch. 

The problem was that Shiba-sensei rushed at Masachika, who was busy blocking Tsukishiro's jab. He pushed him against the wall before pressing his forearm on his throat to hold on hold on him.

Masachika: Arg...

Yagami: ...

Yagami immediately noticed that Shiba-sensei wasn't joking around with the force he applied, and Masachika could not breathe at all.

Despite all that Yagami stayed silent and immobile. He knew it was better not to try anything against their instructor, Shiba-sensei, and their superior, Tsukishiro, or it would create more problems.

The same applied to Masachika. He blocked Tsukishiro on instinct, but he was trying his best not to fight back against Shiba-sensei. Not trying anything while being strangled went against every human's survival instinct, but he didn't have any choice, as he knew it would be worse if he tried something.

Tsukishiro: Now that I have all your attention...

With his free hand Tsukishiro showed a plastic bag with a bloody wooden stick in it.

Tsukishiro: Who did that?

Yagami: This is the wooden stick I gave to Kurachi to attack Ayanokoji-senpai.

Amused Tsuksihrio let out a short laugh.

Tsuksihrio: Indeed but it wasn't my question. I want to know who attacked Fukazawa Yato with the wooden stick I entrusted you with.

Yagami: I don't have any clue.

Tsukishiro: I see.

Tsukishiro then started looking at Masachika who was still pushed against the wall.

Tsukishiro: I won't ask the impossible for you to speak as it's inconceivable in your situation...but blink once if you know and two times if you don't know.

Masachika was the one who had been warned that a potential enemy was hiding in the school and would potentially attack Fukazawa Yato. Unfortunately, because of the lack of evidence and mistakes from the other party, he couldn't find any lead and didn't have any other choice but to blink twice.

Tsukishiro: I see what a shame...so there's nothing you can tell me? Any piece of information? Anything?

Yagami: ...

Masachika: ...

Tsukishiro: I see...then...

Tsukishiro started looking at Shiba-sensei disappointed.

Tsukishiro: Kill him.

Masachika\Yagami: !!!!

Shiba: Fine.

As soon as Tsukishiro ordered this to Shiba-sensei, this last one took a knife out of his pocket.

Without wasting a second, Shiba-sensei was about to stab Masachika in the stomach but just before the blade could touch the target.

Yagami: Wait!

Masachika: ...

Shiba immediately stopped his movement, but he kept the blade close to Masachika's stomach, ready to stab him anytime.

Yagami: During the last night on the island, I had a sort of exchange with Fukazawa Yato.

Tsukishiro: Oh?

With a quick glance and nod at Shiba-sensei, this last one moved away the knife from Masachika's stomach and put less pressure on his throat.

Tsukishiro: Wow, what a great sight of camaraderie it is! Saving your comrade in danger. Now speak up before I really order Shiba-sensei to go through the order I have him precedently.

Yagami, despite all the provocation, kept the same expression on his face before continuing.

Yagami: During my interaction with Fukazawa Yato, an unknown person showed up and used the wooden stick in that bag to hit him on the head.

Tsukishiro: Any information on that person?

Yagami: No. It was too dark outside. He also ran away immediately after injuring Fukazawa Yato. He probably waited for the occasion to act while being sure no one would find him out. It wasn't some chance. It was calculated to hurt Fukazawa Yato without being found out.

Tsukishiro: That's not much...what can make me believe you are saying the truth right now?

Yagami: Nothing.

Tsukishiro continued to stare at Yagami for a moment with the same grin on his face.

Tsukishiro: I see. 

With another glance at Shiba-sensei, this last one nodded and released his hold on Masachika.

Masachika: Koff...

Immediately taking a breath back, the two adults started walking away.

Tsukishiro: From now on, I won't be here to take an eye on you. Better be careful and fulfill your mission. After all, this is the whole reason for your existence and nothing else. With that in mind good luck.

Tsukishiro didn't waste any more time and walked away with Shiba-sensei on his side.

The two teenagers stayed silent, looking at the two adults walking away and when they assured themself they were alone once again.

Yagami: For once...You did well by not trying anything against Shiba-sensei.

Masachika: They were testing us, but you could have stayed silent. Why are you helping me out?

Yagami: I told you...you're now more worthy than this traitor of Ichika.

Masachika: Oh, and what if I were a traitor too? Would you help me since we're from the same place? Or would you have let Shiba-sensei stab me to death?

Yagami stayed silent a moment before starting to walk away.

Yagami: I wouldn't mind about your fate then. You still have some value; that is the sole reason I spoke up.

Masachika: I see...

Masachika just shook his head a few times. He knew Shiba-sensei wouldn't stab him to death right here and right now with the many risks that could occur...but still...he wanted to hear Yagami answer.

Masachika: Where are you going now Takuya?

Yagami: I'm already late for my meeting with Fukazawa Touma.

Masachika: Fukazawa Touma huh?

Disappointed, he shook his head a few times once again...

Masachika: No matter what I will say, you won't listen to me, right?

Yagami: That's right...

Without waiting more time, Yagami walked away, leaving Masachika alone there...

Masachika: Sighs...Now that Tsukishiro is gone...What should I do from now on?

.

.

.

Time skip

Yagami Pov:

After my unexpected encounter with Kuze, Tsukishiro, and Shiba-sensei, I headed toward the Cafe to meet Fukazawa Touma.

We agreed to meet at 13:00 p.m., but because of that encounter, I was now late. I have always been on time at every meeting in this school. I still have to maintain the image I want to have with the others. That's one of the reasons I joined the Student Council. Maintaining a good reputation by good actions was the perfect way to "build" my character.

Even if there have been some unexpected so far, I managed to build everything to way according to my mind with my match with Ayanokoji. It's been four months since I joined this school with the sole objective of destroying Ayanokoji and proving my existence.

All the people in this school are pawns or obstacles between me and Ayanokoji.

Horikita Suzune, Sakayanagi Arisu, Ryuuen Kakeru, Nanase Tsubasa, the others first-years. I oriented their attention to what I wanted. I continue to work while moving the pawns where I want them to be or getting rid of the obstacles.

My first major concern will be out of this school pretty soon which is Tsukishiro. This last one won't be able to get his hands on my matter and I'll be free to act as I want about the expulsion of Ayanokoji Kiyotaka.

Amasawa Ichika and Masachika Kuze are also troublesome elements that can be considered obstacles. I've spent my whole life with them, so handling them won't be as much of a problem as it was with Tsukishiro. Even if Ichika betrayed us, I'll make sure she stays out of my way from this day onwards. 

Kuze is still affiliated with the WhiteRoom. He's always been less troublesome than Ichika. I just have to keep an eye on him and it should be fine. After all, he always prefers not to take action and observe the situation. He always thought himself wiser than others by doing so...but for me, it's the biggest proof that he accepted being a loser.

Right now, my biggest obstacle is definitely that guy...Fukazawa Yato.

It hurts to admit, but he's far exceeded what I expected from him. After all, I always considered him a "normal" person...but that's not the case. He recognized Dazai-sensei's fighting style, and worse, he could counter it.

Is he from the WhiteRoom?

Why did Dazai-sensei suddenly disappear?

The interest of the higher-ups in Fukazawa Yato.

There are more mysteries surrounding this guy than I thought it would be.

Even if it piqued my interest as I would like to hear more about Dazai-sensei...he's still the biggest obstacle between me and Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. My whole life, I didn't fight to surpass Fukazawa Yato. No... I've been raised to surpass Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, who was supposedly better than me in everything.

Fukazawa Yato is one of the many obstacles I have faced my whole life. Like many others before, I had to overcome them to reach where I am today.

I already started thinking about how to handle his case. After all, this mysterious person is already targeting him.

Maybe the best choice is to let that guy do it. I won't have to get my hands dirty, and Fukazawa Yato will be busy taking care of that mysterious attacker. But...

Is expelling him the right decision?

After all, even if my priority is Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, there are still many things I can learn from Fukazawa Yato, such as information about Dazai-sensei.

But still...there's still one matter that concerns me considering Fukazawa Yato...

Yagami: Sorry Touma! I can't believe I'm late!

Touma: Don't worry Takuya. In fact, I just arrived as I have also been delayed!

I just smiled and sat at the same table as him.

Fukazawa Touma...the other matter concerning me. Fukazawa Yato's younger brother, probably adopted because of their birthdates, but still his younger brother.

If I objectively observe and analyze the current situation, Fukazawa Touma would be the biggest factor I could use against Fukazawa Yato.

I even first thought that I would genuinely despise him for being related to Fukazawa Yato. In fact, I approached him at the start of the year with the motive of using him against his brother in mind.

What I didn't expect was to gain a genuine curiosity in the person named Fukazawa Touma.

I've been leading the class with him and even joining the student council with him, and I've been surprised to gain a curiosity in him. 

Maybe...maybe it's because we might be more alike than it seems...

Fukazawa Yato and Ayanokoji Kiyotaka...

We're always been treated behind them our whole life...

Yagami: Sorry for yesterday...I really wanted to take some rest after these two weeks.

I received a call yesterday, and he wanted to talk with me, but I preferred to rest my ankle so that I could move freely and not raise any suspicions about me.

Touma: That's fine. Many people decide to rest, and I would have probably done the same, but I had to look at my brother.

Yagami: Then? What's his situation?

I already heard from Kuze about his situation, but still...

Touma: Ah well he's already out moving as if this incident never happened...

Yagami: Already huh? 

Touma: Yeah already...I swear he's really something else.

Hearing this I just smiled.

Yagami: Maybe but I already you didn't I? Don't overestimate yourself, Touma...

Touma: ...

He probably remembered the time I said it after he praised his brother's abilities. 

Touma: You're right...Thanks Takuya.

He nodded and smiled as he accepted my advice...

Yagami: I get it...I get it more than anyone what it feels like to be compared to someone else. That's why in that useless school...I found someone worth my interest and time.

I just started to smile as we both ordered a drink and lunch. The Cafe was quite crowded, but having a talk won't be a problem. I have already identified the people in the Cafe, and none of them are a problem.

Yagami: Then...I guess you have many questions to ask me Touma?

Touma: That's right...I don't think we should waste more time and let's jump straight up to it...

He knew I would expect the reason why he wanted to have a talk directly with me. It was because of what happened during the special exam.

Yagami: I'll start by apologizing...

I just bowed my head a bit to show I was serious, which seemed to surprise him.

Yagami: You probably already knew what was going on, but I agreed to work with Tsubaki-san and the others to expel Ayanokoji-senpai. As both representatives of our class, I hide things from you. I'm sorry.

Touma: Please stop...raise your head first.

I did as he said and started looking at him in the eyes. I already expected Touma to find out about the bounty but it's not how I expected it to turn out...I guess I can say thanks to his brother for this unwanted gift.

Touma: If we're talking about hiding things...I also had my own motive as you probably noticed during the special exam. I'm not in the right to hold any grudge for having your secret because...we have all ours, right?

With a smile he said that as if there were no problem at all.

As he said he ended up working with his brother...but what surprised me was how Fukazawa Touma handled Nagumo Miyabi, Sakayanagi Arisu and Tsubaki Sakurako. He perfectly managed to fight against them and even aligned everyone's interests for the good of our school year.

Yagami: Our own secrets huh? You're probably right...Well, at least I'm glad you intervened, Touma. You saved us from an echec...

I already knew Tsubaki would fail miserably as I wanted...what I wasn't expecting was how Touma would control everything to perfection. 

Touma: A boutny of 20 million huh? That's quite stupid...

More talking to himself he said those words as he glanced through the window next to us.

Yagami: ...

I stayed silent as I thought not saying anything was the best in that situation. Even with my silence, Touma started looking at me.

Touma: May I ask something?

Yagami: Of course.

Touma: Can you tell me the reason you wanted to expel Ayanokoji-senpai? Did you want the 20 million for yourself or for the class?

Yagami: Well, I guess I've been tempted by the 20 million. Let's just say I made a mistake by wanting to expel Ayanokoji-senpai.

Even though Fukazawa Touma has intrigued me as a person, he's closer to his brother than I originally thought. I need to be careful what I say to avoid raising more suspicion, and I also need to verify how much these two work together.

Touma: That's fine...as I said, everyone has their own secrets, Takuya. 

I didn't sense or notice that he gained some doubts by my answer. He just accepted that I made a mistake and it was already some past for him.

Touma: Just know that I'm here if you need something, Takuya! If you want to talk or have a problem, I'll do my best to help you, since you are my friend!

Yagami: ...

I didn't answer immediately as I was quite surprised by this answer.

Finally, is he wary or has some doubts about me?

After all, on the night of the third day, I strangely encountered Touma after I pushed Komiya-senpai and the others...

Back then, I reacted by pushing the girl he was with, knowing he would rescue her at all costs. It was dark outside, so he couldn't have seen my face or deduced it was me.

No, it's not that my answer raised some doubts. It's just that he probably sensed that I wasn't honest. He only felt that there was more to my answer and my situation.

After all, he's already been quite perspective since the matter with Hanto from the 1-C, whom I expelled.

Yagami: Haha, thank you, Touma, it's appreciated!

I just answered him with a smile...

Right now, Fukazawa Touma was looking at a friend as he probably felt that I had some personal "problems."

He's not trying to confront me or trap me, but to force me to open myself to him about my matters.

But...

We're not from the same world...

Even if you gained my curiosity...even that we might be more alike than I originally thought...

You're just an ordinary person...I'll never be able to call someone like you a "friend"...

Yagami: Ah!

All of a sudden, something quite unnecessary crossed my thoughts...

Yagami: I forgot yesterday, but happy birthday. Even if I'm quite late!

Touma: Sighs...

I thought he would thank me or show some appreciation like the majority of people usually do on their birthday, but he seemed quite annoyed as if he was tired.

Touma: Thank you Takuya but...I think we should avoid talking about my birthday before something happens...

As I wasn't sure to understand, the waitress brought our lunch and we started eating while talking about some unnecessary things...The type of conversation we were forced to have in the WhiteRoom but that I never enjoyed...but I don't know why...these conversations were more entertaining than in the WhiteRoom.

In the end, I spent a moment with Touma at the Cafe and also ended up being invited to a birthday party—something I had never attended before and had only heard about a few times. I decided to accept the invitation out of curiosity.

But my goal remains the same...

.

.

.

.

.

.

A.N

That's it for this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it!

The chapter might be a bit shorter than usual, but I preferred to stop here instead of starting other scenes I couldn't finish in this chapter. Anyway, I'm not really in a hurry for this volume; I prefer taking my time. I'm still unsure what I will do concerning my story after I finish this Volume ( start immediately Vol 5 or wait for year 2 to officially end...), so I'm not in a hurry to end it.

I have some majors and scenes planned but I want to take my time and make more "slices of life" scenes for this volume.

Also...

I decided to do something I had been thinking about for a moment, even though I was hesitant about it...

I decided to make a tier list about strength and fighting skills. I made this to give you an idea of some OC characters' strengths and not to create a war about power scaling!!

We don't have any proper answer about which character is stronger than who...only some statements that can help us to make an assumption. Each characters in each tier are not ranked from the best to the worst. It's just a rough assumption of their strength.

Also, this is my story and my own view! If you think Akito beat the shit out of Tsukishiro, fine for you but not in my story. To write my story and the future, I had to make a sort of hierarchy in terms of strengts\Abilites. I don't have the choice to decide how strong my OC characters are.

That's why the purpose of that was to provide information about characters like Nagumo, Sakamoto, Rion, etc... But most importantly, it was to provide a sort of "hierarchy" and a global idea of a few character strengths to help you guys make better assumptions about which characters already introduced are in which tier.

Now that you have my view about and a rough assumption of each character's strengths in MY story, you can start thinking about the unknown character's tier. Let's say that the characters in the tier list are the reference to help you guys.

There's not only OC but characters like Koenji, and Riku, but we don't have enough information yet...

There's also Yagami, a character I didn't put on the list because his real strength is still unknown in the OG LN. That's why I'll treat him more like an OC character, in contrast to Ichika, for whom we had many statements to help us have a rough idea of her level.

Also, don't forget that it's not only about strength but the whole resources of each character to win a fight. I'll make a quick example: Hosen vs. Ichika. I saw many people saying Hosen is stronger than her, but even if I 100% agree that Hosen is physically stronger... with experience and skills for me, Ichika wins a proper match.

The other point I regularly mention in my story is that it's not always the strongest who wins. Even if I made a hierarchy, nothing assures their victory if they're a tier above another character...

With that in mind, this tier list will help you guys think and get a better idea of which characters are in which tiers or what their raw level in terms of fighting abilities is. I hope you liked it and that it will help you make assumptions for the future.

Anyway, thanks for the support as always!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 127 17
With the goal and thought of achieving a peaceful school life in mind far from the experience of the White Room experiment, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka will...
7K 390 4
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka finally achieved what he's wanted since the beginning of his life--freedom. However, freedom comes with it's own set of challenge...
15.3K 324 6
Disclaimer:- * English is not my native Language *Classroom of the Elite does not belong to me.. *Its just a fanfiction, and all the characters of...
294K 9.3K 93
Fukazawa Yato is forced to go to the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. Even if he had no motivation to go at the beginning, that wi...