Hold My Hand

Galing kay RussellDevil2

Lady Elizabeth Fox, daughter of the Governor of Port Victory, was a keen spirit, a character of sorts. She l... Higit pa

Hold my Hand
Cast
Playlist
Not A Part- Schedule
Epigraph
Graphics
Prologue
The Human Bowel
A Common Thief
Cleanliness
Hold His Hand
Carbolic Acid
A Saved Boy
Slashed Throats
The Worst Dinner Ever
QUESTIONS FOR YA'LL: PLEASE ANSWER! SEASON 2 DEPENDS ON IT!
Redemption
Bullet Wounds
Peggy
Completely Unsuited
Unnerving
Oliver Twist
Jack
SEASON 2
Season 2 Cast
Season 2 Playlist
Recap
Recovery
Letters
Pardon
10k READS???
Free at Last
Mrs. Artful Dodger

Young Love

646 19 3
Galing kay RussellDevil2

Episode Eight: Untapped Potential

When she opened her eyes, she noticed her peculiar sleeping position. She never laid on her back.

Elizabeth gently sat up in bed as memories flooded into her brain from the night before. She looked to the side to see Jack's fingers on her wrist.

Her heart melted and she smiled softly. She rolled over so she was lying right in front of his sleeping face.

His eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning, love." His husky morning voice sounded softly. He caressed her cheek gently.

"Morning."

He sighed. "You were right. It's an aortic aneurysm. When it bursts...."

A tear leaked from the hazel eyes of Elizabeth.

"Why didn't you tell me, Ellie?" He questioned softly, their noses brushing because of their close proximity.

"Telling you would mean it was real. I was in denial. Jack, I don't want to die. I don't wanna leave this world without knowing love fully." She whispered.

Jack cupped her cheeks. "You are loved fully, Darling. I love you."

She smiled and closed the gap between them, their lips meeting in a gentle kiss. He pulled away, kissing her nose.

The strawberry blonde bit her lip. "That's not what I mean..."

The surgeon caught on quickly. "Are you sure? I thought you said-"

"Jack, I love you. I know you're it for me." Elizabeth murmured. She grabbed his hand and lifted it up to her breast. "Put your hands on me Jack."

The blonde took this as a yes and leaned in again to kiss her passionately. Her hands flew to the buttons of his shirt to undo them. As soon as she got the last one, he flipped over so he was on top. His lips kissed down her neck as he took off her undershirt.

Together, they confirmed their undying love for each other.

————

(A/N): Sorryyyy! Don't feel comfortable writing smut yet. So take that as you will. Keep reading!

————

"You know, Astley Cooper did a surgery 40 years ago. The aortic ligation.  You could-"

"He killed the patient." Jack interrupted her. 

"I know. I know, but medicine's changed. We changed it." She rolled over to look at him.

"Ellie, there is a reason why the best surgeon in the century failed. You would die on the table." The surgeon sighed, looking at the love of his life.

"I believe you can." She whispered.

"Please do not ask this of me." His voice cracked as he cradled her face.  She sighed and leaned into his hand.

"So, what, you'll just hold my hand and see me into the next life? That's not good enough, Jack. I have too much to do.  I can't go yet."

The door opened and Jane came through with a a tray.  "Here, darling, I've brought you some..."

She screamed when she discovered her daughter, naked in bed with Dr. Dawkins.  Elizabeth rolled off of him and covered herself with the sheet.

Shit.

————

The strawberry blonde had gotten into a silky dress that she wore when sick. She was sitting in the back of the study, being yelled at by her mother. Jack had his back turned to her, covering up that he was listening to every single cruel word that came out of Jane's mouth.

"Seriously! Elizabeth, we have a bloodline dating back to the Conqueror! Sneed proposed to you! He is getting a salary! Dr. Dawkins isn't! He can't support you. Have you thought about the family's reputation?"

Elizabeth pursed her lips, looking at the back of Jack's head. "No. I haven't. I shouldn't have to. I'm in love with him. Something you clearly don't understand. This is why Father loves Rotty." She sassed.

Slap.

Elizabeth had grown used to it. She didn't flinch, but Jack whipped around in his chair.

Jane just sighed. "Look what you made me do." The woman turned to a scowling Jack. "You're not to see my daughter again. You pack your things, hand over your current patients to Dr. Sneed, and leave town by the end of the week."

"Mother-"

The older redhead held up a hand to silence her daughter.

The blonde unclenched his jaw and spoke up.

"Elizabeth is dying."

Jane scoffed.  "So, you tell her she's dying to trick her into becoming your whοre."

"I'd rather be his whore than Sneed's wife." Elizabeth mumbled.

Jack and Jane both missed it and the former stood from his chair.  "What?"

"Dr. Sneed examined her last night and found nothing wrong. Nervous strain. Eleven London doctors examined her supposed illness and found nothing." The latter stated proudly.

"They are fools." Elizabeth chimed in.

"Fools who can read." Her mother said smugly.

"She wants me to operate. But that will kill her. I don't know what to do."

"Operate." The strawberry blonde deadpanned.

"You stay silent. And you can thank God and my principles that the Governor will hear nothing of this. Otherwise, he'd certainly call for your head. Get out." 

Jack sighed, his body deflating.  Elizabeth only looked forward as he passed by her, purposely brushing his hand against her shoulder.

————

Elizabeth had been forced to get her waist measured.  Jane truly believed that she was eating too much.  "We'll need to watch your waist. If it thickens, I'll find an excuse for you to visit your uncle in India for nine months. As long as nobody knows, we might be able to salvage your reputation..."

"You don't understand." The former blurted.

Lady Jane snorted.  "You're not dying. But you are being ruined and taken for a fool."

"Mother. My aorta is swelling. Mmm? Unless I have this surgery, it will rupture and I will bleed to death-"

"Stop it! Just stop it! I won't let you hurt yourself with that man."

"Then you'll get me killed." Elizabeth murmured, although her argument seemed pointless as she watched her cruel mother exit the room without a word.

————

"This is a waste of my very limited time." Jane huffed from outside.  Somehow, she had been convinced to get Elizabeth a full examination.  Unfortunately, Sneed was giving it.

"Your mother asked for a full examination. So, here we are."

He examined her and came back with a diagnosis.  "Good news. You have a very treatable ulcer."

"Nonsense." Eliza shook her head.  "I have an expansive mass and a bruit. My aorta is whooshing. Listen. Please." She begged.

He gave in and put a stethoscope to her chest.  The strawberry blonde's hopes of the truth skyrocketed when she saw his concerned face, but he masked it.  "Inconclusive."

The girl almost screamed in frustration.  "You're an intelligent man. Why are you being a coward?"

Rainsford frowned.  "I am a qualified doctor with years of experience and a degree from Oxford. It's an ulcer."

Elizabeth continued.  "To be a man, to not have to beg a lesser mind, to, 'Please, sir, can you save my life?'"

"Try and get some rest. And I'll consider this outburst an emotional response to a trying day."  With that, the doctor walked out to talk to her mother, leaving Elizabeth with no hope for her future. 

Edmund walked in and sat beside her.

"So, are you feeling better? 'Cause I wouldn't want anything to happen. Because I couldn't live with that." He let out a sob.  "I just couldn't."

All the girl did was squeeze his hand.

————

She was trying to convince herself of a solution.  She relied on Jack now, and the strawberry blonde had a feeling that he would be able to perform the surgery.

She scanned all her drawings, every single paper she had written, every single word she wrote in her journal. 

Nothing.

The Fox girl sighed and got up.  She would go to the hospital.  She would beg Jack to save her life.  Maybe it would work.

She heard a click behind her door and her stomach dropped.  It was a lock. 

Elizabeth hurriedly ran to the door, despite her weakness, and wiggled the handle of the door.  Someone had locked her in her room.

Jane.

She ran to the door to her staircase, only to see a guard standing at the bottom that wasn't Edward. 

She backed up in disbelief and let out a strange sound, a mix between a scream and a sob.

I'm doomed.

————

(A/N):  ONLY ONE MORE CHAPTER!  That's crazy! Ok, I'll have it out later.

Question: Should Sneed get a redemption arc next season?

Don't be a silent reader!  Please comment! I wanna know ur thoughts and opinions about this!  I would love to see your replies above to lines and actions of the characters!  Remember! The more attention this fanfic and others get, the more likely it is that the show gets a second season!!

Okay, done with my rant.  Peace out, guys!

Date:  3/21/24

Word Count: 1466

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

270K 5.4K 31
𝘈𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘰𝘧 8 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥, 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥, 𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳... 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘳...
1.4M 22.3K 86
The Duke of Marlborough has signed betrothal contracts on behalf of his daughter, Lady Arianna Kent. But Arianna is not the type to blindly follow he...
78.3K 938 41
A collection of oneshots by Yasmin- Daughter of Athena Disclaimer I dont own the characters( Except for any OCs)...
8.6K 348 19
A girl suddenly starts to appear in the hospital, she never says a word but seems to enjoy Jack's company. It's soon revealed she is the Prof's grand...