A Song of Weiss and Fire (RWB...

By KriegSchnee

The song has been sung, after her fall into the void during the battle against Cinder, Weiss finds herself in... More

Prologue
1-2
1-3
1-4
1-4

1-1

209 9 1
By KriegSchnee

Weiss had seen five name days when her memories started to return. As a little girl, it had been scary, seeing images of monsters and colorful warriors with outlandish weapons doing their best to protect humanity. Yet, sometimes one’s best was not enough, Weiss had fallen in her past life against mankind's enemies, separating her from her friends, lost to her. Gone was Remnant, and its four kingdoms that sat on the brink of extinction, barely able to defend themselves against Salem and her hordes of Grimm. 

That had caused her more than a few nightmares, and more trips to the maester than Weiss would’ve liked. It had caused her Mother in this life, Ceria Lannister formerly of House Velaryon, countless headaches, and as she had joked, some white hair. Two years had already passed since her memories had started returning, which was more than enough time for Weiss to adjust to life in this new world. Still, it was strange, being stuck in the body of a little girl. She was already dreading going through puberty, again. 

“Are you okay, Weiss?” Mother asked, munching on a piece of wild game as ladylike as possible. She looked a lot like Willow, her original Mother from Remnant, with hair so light that it looked like snow, and blue eyes so pure that it looked like they held the waters of the Sunset Sea in them. It was a bit weird, being given the same name as in her original life. “You still haven’t broken your fast.” 

“I’m fine, Mother.” Weiss said politely. She was seated at the high table of the Gold Keep’s dining hall beside her new Mother and Father. Dozens of her Father’s retainers, House Lantell, Houde Lannett, and House Lanny, just to name a few, sat at the lower tables, engrossed in whatever discussions occupied their thoughts as they broke their fast on fattened geese and blackened sausages with bread. Weiss’ new family, House Lannister of Lannisport, was insanely rich. It was a familiar feeling. Maintaining her aura, even at a young age, required plenty of food, and while the Lannisters could certainly afford it, Weiss also didn’t want to look like a glutton in front of their vassals. “I was simply waiting for you to finish.” 

Mother gave her a small smile, calling for a nearby servant to bring more bread, softened with water and flavored with cow fat. 

“You need to eat well, you’re a Lannister not a silent sister.” Father spoke up after a long gulp from his watered down wine. Lord Dramen of House Lannister by birth, his hair was as blonde as Yang’s, with a pointer nose and brick-like chin that was hidden by a neatly trimmed beard, and was nicer than Jacques, caring even at times. Admittedly, calling that a low bar was an insult to the concept of low bars, but it wasn’t wrong. He did care for her and her mother, and listened to them on occasion.

He was related to their overlord, Lord Tywin Lannister of Casterly Rock, the enormous castle that hung a shadow over Lannisport. They were the main branch of the family, with the Lannisters of Lannisport being a cadet branch that answered only to those of the Rock, and King Robert of course. Tywin Lannister was a king in all but name, having complete control over the Westerlands as Lord Paramount. 

“Of course Father.” Weiss bowed her head slightly. Westerosi culture was weird, foreign and misogynistic on a level even Atlas would find disturbing at times. Daughters and wives didn’t have the same rights and protections as their male counterparts. Still, being the daughter of a noble family afforded Weiss more privileges than a simple commoner. She grabbed a nearby knife, its handle gold and decorated with the head of a lion, and started cutting into a nearby loaf of softened bread. 

Scores of Lannister knights stood at attention along the walls, their shining armor complimented by their bright red cloaks. Father enjoyed showing off his household knights and sworn swords to any visitors that decided to attend court. With Lannisport being so close to Casterly Rock, many preferred to try and get the attention of Lord Tywin. Weiss never had the chance to speak to him directly, being the daughter of the Lannister cadet branch, but had the chance to see him occasionally. She’d heard quite a few family tales about the fearsome man’s reputation, and silently thanked the Gods she was not born under that man. She was unsure if she preferred fa-Jacques, or being under Tywin, if half the rumors were true about him.

She silently ate the slice of bread, topped with a roasted duck with herbs from Essos. Life was mundane and boring, gone was the excitement she had whenever Weiss went on missions with the rest of Team RWBY. Still, she could admit to herself, it was a bit calming. A life of excitement and chaos, well, could drain anyone. Spending some time to calm down wasn’t too bad. 

“How are your lessons progressing?” Father asked. He spoke slowly, finishing the meat that sat on his plate. 

“Septa Loria says my needlework is adequate.” Weiss answered, her voice even and neutral. “Maester Harmune says my studies are progressing well, we are studying the Free Cities.” 

Father nodded slowly. “Good.” 

Weiss would’ve preferred practicing with a sword, now that Myrtenaster was lost to her, it felt like a part of her soul was missing. She wanted to try and forge a replacement, but all of her spending was managed by Mother and Septa Loria. Women with weapons were looked down upon in the south, unless they were from the North or Wildlings, or even Dorne. Still, at least she was able to practice with her glyphs in the safety of her room, only having to keep an eye out for her handmaidens and Septa Loria. Weiss’ glyphs and aura were the only reasons she hadn’t considered herself insane, proof that her memories were from another life, and not creations from the imagination of a young child. 

“A Lannister must be well educated.” Father continued. He stabbed another sausages with his expensive knife. “Casterly Rock may make its coin from its gold mines, but Lannisport is not as limited as our coz. Trade is our lifeblood.” 

And without a son, Weiss was the one that stood to inherit should something happen to Father, if her future lord husband didn’t try usurping her. Gods, was this how mother had felt back home? No wonder she was heartbroken when Jacques had betrayed her. Lannisport was one of the most important cities in Westeros, only behind Oldtown and Kings Landing in terms of prominence and wealth. She already had dozens of suitors lining up, with not a single soul worried that she hadn’t even reached her tenth nameday. Gods, she hated Westeros with a passion sometimes.

“Yes Father.” Weiss said, eyeing a nearby lemon cake. At least the food was decent here, if rather unhealthy and potentially dangerous considering everyone's lack of hygiene. Still, it was hot, delicious, and unique, unlike her last home’s food. She missed Mistralian noodles, full of sodium and other preservatives. 

“I will be visiting the docks, to check on the progress of Lord Tywin’s new ship.” Father turned to Mother, who was cleaning her lips by dotting it with her handkerchief. “Ser Larys will be joining me.” 

Ser Larys Lantell served as the Captain of Father’s Household knights, and was a distant relative from a minor cadet branch that didn’t hold any territories. Weiss wasn’t allowed near the training yard, so she wasn’t sure how his swordsmanship held up compared to hers. 

Mother smiled. “As you say, my lord husband.” 

She normally called him by name, but had to be more careful around Father’s bannermen, Lord Tywin was picky about maintaining the reputation of the Lannisters. Weiss could kind of understand it, after all, his daughter was married to King Robert, and his eldest son served as a member of the Kingsguard. His youngest was a dwarf who was always visiting the brothels and pubs of Lannisport when he wasn’t dealing with the sewers of Casterly Rock. Father’s knights always made japes about that when they thought she wasn’t listening. 

Admittedly, she had to admit, a drunken lecherous dwarf with mismatched eyes was not going to have a good time even in Remnant, let alone here. She just hoped this one wouldn’t turn out to be a recurring foe for her. Weiss hadn’t gotten the chance to meet the infamous Imp, but his reputation was known across the continent. 

Father drummed his fingers against the wooden table, until he finally tore his eyes away from his bannermen and turned his attention back towards Weiss. “Would you like to join me, Weiss? It’s about time you get to know more about Lannisport.” 

“Are you sure that’s a safe idea?” Mother spoke up. She looked worried, her pale skin looking whiter than usual. “She has only seen seven namedays.” That was a bit touching, feeling a parent actually caring for her, gods her life back home had issues.

“Ser Larys will bring several of my household guards.” Father was confident, this was his city after all. “Commander Tytos will be taking a score of guardsmen from the City Watch as well. Not even a Faceless Man could slip by that many of my finest swords.” And there was his classic Lannister confidence. 

“Very well.” Mother backed down and gave Weiss a smile. “You must be on your best behavior.” 

It took all of Weiss’ self control to not roll her eyes. She could handle herself if something happened, not that anyone would dare try to harm a Lannister, not with Casterly Rock and Lord Tywin so close. If nothing else, Tywin’s reputation was more dangerous than any number of knights or swords, and would deter all but the most mad attackers.

“I promise.” Weiss smiled back, curling her lips just enough to please her parents. 

Life was easier with Dust and technology.  

A/N

It was a close race, but in the end, A Song Of Weiss And Fire beat WOTOR. It was very close, with WOTOR tieing it on several sites, but in the end, ASOWAF pulled out the win. 

WOTOR will get updated after ASOWAF and Schnee Hero or Huntress get a series of updates. 

This chapter takes place before the second half of the prologue, before I have to explain it in the comments. 

Much thanks to Night_Stalker for helping out with this update. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 495 45
On the verge of death after the Second Gigantomachy, the gods are fading. The mythological world is no more. The last of his kind, Percy is sent on o...
282 0 18
The world of remnant is filled with twisted and dark Mysteries but nothing is more mysteriousy than the fate of Void Darkhart and the truth of his tr...
4.4K 57 51
My name is Silver Belladonna. My name is influenced by a movement after the Great War which made everything seem black and white, good or bad. Theref...
325 5 11
A world that was already in flames was about to turn to ashes. Part XII of A Song For Fantasies.