Dangerous Romance

By HumbleSmith123

Tyler, the Lycan prince, was rejected and hurt multiple times by his fated mate, the woman he so much loved... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 8

31 3 0
By HumbleSmith123

"So what were you about to say earlier?" I asked my father, as I was already ashamed to have displayed that interest in Nana.

A huge smile curled up his lips as he faced the audience, sitting with anticipation in their eyes.

"The good news is that it has been confirmed that my son's second chance mate is in this kingdom. We met the most powerful sorcerer on our way back, and he told us that she was here!"

I couldn't hold back as I hissed loudly and looked away in sheer disappointment at the nonsense my father just spilled out.

The sound of having a mate really annoys and pisses me off. I can't believe this is the good news my father has to say.

Cheers of jubilation filled the room, with laughter and big smiles on their faces, including Jace, whom I called a friend.

Sometimes I wonder if this guy is my friend. How could he be happy to hear this? Do I need to write it on my face before they get to know I don't need any god-forsaking, mate? The wound and hollow created by Nana are yet to heal.

"Can I leave now? I feel sleepy!" My voice broke in through the stupid cheers and shrieks of happiness in the room. Even my father had started instructing for drinks and food to be shared as a celebration because of the nonsense the so-called sorcery told him.

"Won't you be here to join us in the celebration, son?" My mother held my hand.

"No. There is no need because you are all excited for nothing. That sorcerer only needed your money, so he told you what you wanted to hear."

"No, he is famous for predicting the future accurately. Trust me... all you have to do is open your heart, and love will find you." Her voice was gentle, and her smile made me wish my life was still normal. I missed those moments when I could smile with actual happiness.

I envy her and my father. They are two fated mates who met each other in school, became friends, turned 18, and realized they were mates. Smoothly, they fell in love, and now they are growing old together. My father was a prince, and she was a princess in another kingdom-two Lycans who completed each other.

It was how I thought mine would be when I met Nana; she was the woman I wanted to grow old with. She was the perfect woman my heart desired, but in the end, she crushed me.

"Son, I know you can't forget your first mate, but you should know she has moved on. She broke up with you and will be laughing at you because you couldn't move on. Don't make her a winner over your emotions. I bet she still feels like a queen over your life, seeing that you couldn't find another woman to love."

My mother's words brought nothing but sadness to me as I looked up at her and nodded. "You are right..."

She is absolutely correct because I am still wrapped around her fingers, and sadly, I don't know how to free myself.

"You see, get a beautiful woman; you are attracted to anything about her, even if it's the slightest. Gradually, you will learn to love her." She pecked my cheek, and I forced out a smile to make her happy.

I thought of finding a fake girlfriend to make Nana jealous. Maybe she will regret it and get back to me.

"Do you remember she is pregnant?" My subconscious whispered to me, and a loud hiss slipped my lips as I rose from the chair immediately, my face etched with a deep frown.

There is no way she will be jealous. She must have forgotten me either.

"Are you leaving?" Jace asked, but I ignored him and began to head to the exit. Even my mother called my name, trying to stop me, but I gave them no listening ears.

Nana is pregnant!

This was hitting blows of pain in my heart. It has been a year, and I thought I could forget her and move on, but deep in my heart, I still believed it would work out one day, but that hope was washed away with her pregnancy.

My head was hazed for a moment, and I couldn't clearly see the path where I was walking. I didn't see that there was a girl coming in with a tray of wine to serve at the little party that had begun in the palace.

Before I could see her, we collided, bumping into each other and the wine splattering on both of us. Luckily, the glass cup didn't fall and shatter on the floor. She caught it earlier.

"What the fuck! Are you blind?!" I roared at her, even when I knew I was the one who should avoid this since she was already at the doorpost.

" I am sorry... I.." She bowed her head, but I could recognize her voice.

"What the hell are you doing?" I seethed. It was the wolf girl Jace brought here. Lena is her name, which I can remember. What is she still doing here? I thought her pack members were on their way to pick her away from this place.

"Are you now one of the maids serving drinks? Are you mad?! Why did you leave that room?" I shouted, infuriated.

Before she could say anything, my mother's voice came in from behind.

"Wow, who is this beautiful girl with my son?"

"Nobody!" I snapped and grabbed her hand, taking her away. I can't believe my mother likes her, and even had that satisfying smile on her face.

"Wow, you both hold hands too. Is she the one?" She squealed from behind.

"Fuck!" I cursed and withdrew my hand from Lena, and she stopped walking with me and paused.

"Let us go!" I snarled as I sighted my mother stepping forward towards us.

"Allow me to meet your mother, please."

"As what? Are you stupid?" I fumed, but she shook her head and turned to my mother with a smile.

"What is your name, my dear? And you are a werewolf with your scent. You just got to this kingdom, right?" My mother asked, smiling sweetly with a glance at me.

"She will be leaving today, so there is no need to know her name!" I cut in.

"My name is Lena...and..."

I grabbed her hand again and dragged her away, not wanting her to say anything else to my mother, who already seemed to like her a lot at first sight.

I can't just believe the kind of gut this girl has to leave the room and get a maid uniform to join others in serving drinks when I told her clearly that she would be leaving. Does she think I have changed my mind or what?

"If I wanted to let you stay here, I would never do that anymore! How dare you meet my mother! You heard of their arrival, and you decided to show your face, huh?!"

She said nothing, allowing me to do all the talking while I pulled her up the stairs. Not like she was struggling with my grip, but I just made sure to walk faster so I could pull her roughly.

We got to her room, and I pushed her forward.

"Get your bags!" I yelled and remembered that she came here with nothing, so there was no bag to go with.

"You have no property. Now I have to call your Alpha and know where they are and what's keeping them from coming to pick you." I growled, bringing out my phone.

"Your mother reminds me of mine. Talking with her brought back a lot of memories." She said under her breath. Her voice was breaking in and out, each word exuding deep sadness as she fought the urge to cry, faking out a smile with tears falling freely.

My hands became weak, and I couldn't dial out the Alpha contact anymore. What she said overwhelmed me with guilt.

"Tomorrow is a year's memorial. Did your parents die in the night? What else do you know about it?" I asked, dipping the phone back into my pocket.

"An onlooker who was a hunter reported that it was a hit-and-run. My parents were abandoned to die because whoever it was had grudges with them, but my parents always do everything it takes to be on good terms with everyone. I don't know who this person is." She broke down, crashing back on the bed, her face buried in her palm as she sat and sobbed endlessly.

My heart twisted, my breathing came in shallow at that moment, and I felt what I had never felt before. That care and deep sympathy.

Guilt overwhelmed me as it dawned on me that this was the daughter of those innocent beings I left to die.

So I would have done the same to their daughter by handing her to the Alpha of her pack. Just as I caused the deaths of her parents, I was almost about to cause her own death too.

I squatted in front of her, offering my handkerchief to her. " I am sorry you lost your parents in such a way."

She flinched and raised her head. Those blue eyes shimmering with tears fell on mine, and I could swear for some minutes that I felt like my soul was exposed, and she could see in my eyes that I was the man who knocked her parents down.

"I won't allow anybody to take you away from here. You can stay. Wipe your tears with this." My voice was wavering a bit as I felt so bad for ruining her life. Every suffering she had gone through in her life was because her parents died. I caused it.

She was stunned and hesitated a bit before taking the napkin. She wiped her tears.

"Can I blow on it?" She asked innocently, knowing it was royal material, and I nodded, making her stunned again, her eyes dilating and her mouth agape slightly.

"Did you mean it when you said I could stay? You won't allow anybody to take me out of here? Did you say that, or was I having hallucinations?" She asked, blinking those pretty eyes and pushing her stray hair behind her ears. I could see uncertainty in her eyes.

I straightened up, swallowing the lump of guilt in my throat. " You weren't hallucinating. I said it. You can stay, and you can have that napkin. It's yours now. Also, you can go talk with my mother if you want." I shrugged and headed out immediately.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 530 4
*WARNING!!!!!! EXCERPT ONLY!!! Full version available only on Dreame and Amazon.* "Soon, Ellie." He takes a whiff from my neck before whispering se...
86.4K 2.4K 54
The third and final installment of the Alpha Eyes series. Donovan, son of Karina and Lucas, has dedicated his life to the military. As leader of the...
266K 15.7K 47
Sometimes, the line between enemy and lover is even thinner than it appears... Monsters exist. But so do Hunters. Evelyn Del Val comes from a long li...