Imisha

By rixamelia

Imisha is a free spirit, no not your average golden retriever but sometimes her happy side comes out. She is... More

imisha
CHARACTERS
ii. here we go again
iii. bad day
iv. she's back
v. rags to riches
vi. happy times
vii. a day out

i. good morning

49 3 0
By rixamelia

~imisha's pov~

"IMISHAAAA", screams my mom. "Calm down Mom, please! Just stay put- hey! Hear me out, sit on the sofa okay? Just a minute I will be back okay?"

After making sure she sat on the sofa while still screaming my name I went in the kitchen to get her injections.

You must wonder how I got in this position so let me start from the start. I was peacefully sleeping in my sleeping bag and snoozing my alarm when suddenly my mom started thumping my room's door and started screaming my name as usual.

Well, it's been usual for me because she does this every morning. You see, she has a mental illness which is treated by giving her injection doses, I don't know how many doses they keep increasing on every check-up that I lost the count.

So yeah- that's how I wake up every day, she is passed out the whole day because the doses take a toll on her. When she wakes up I feed her some food to last till the next morning and then give her doses.

I open the fridge to check if there are any leftovers- there are not. Well, I guess I have to make some cereal then.

After finishing everything in the kitchen and feeding my mom, I go to my room to get ready for school. Yes school, even though my mom can't work I have to get an education because I'm not that dumb to skip school. I got a part-time job the day my mom was diagnosed.

After brushing my teeth, showering, and finishing my business I dress up in a green sweater and baggy jeans, tie up my hair in a high ponytail, and head towards the school by the local bus.

(IMISHA'S OUTFIT)

⋆ ˚。 ⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。 ⋆

It's still 7:45, and school doesn't start till 8:00 so I sit near the bench under a tree and wait for the bell to ring.

I don't usually go to lockers 2 minutes before the bell rings because you know the girls who think they own the school and think that everyone who does not dress in short clothes is below them. Yeah, they bully me a lot.

I can obviously beat all of them badly, hell I will kill them someday but I don't because I don't want to get in trouble or more likely if I go to the principal's office they will call my mom and somehow they will find out she needs to go to a mental hospital and put me in the foster system since I don't have any relatives and my step-dad is in jail. Now that's a story for another time.

Anyway back to what I was saying, I've heard about foster systems and I know living alone with my passed-out mom is way better.

The bell ringing pulls me out of my thoughts and I head towards my locker, I take my stuff out and as I'm about to close the locker I'm slammed into my own locker. Ugh.

"Someone's getting braver huh?" Camilla speaks. I smelled her perfume a mile away and I thought she wouldn't bother me but who was I kidding? It's been like this for 2 years. I growled because the shoulder hurt like a bitch and she did this again. "What? I just came to school." I spoke. "Oh we both know that's not the truth, the bell might have rung but you know I have a free period." She sickly smiled at me. Shit, I was screwed if I don't attend the first lesson again they are definitely calling my house.

"Let me go right now, do whatever the hell you want later but just let me go." I pleaded. "Oh? We should let you go, sure you can go." She spoke but only if it was that easy. She slammed my head in the locker 2 times and I'm sure blood was dripping now and left.

I sighed, I didn't have a choice I had to go to the class with a bleeding head. As I made my way to the class I tried to keep the wound at bay and ended up doing the same thing the whole class.

The bell rang and I slipped out of my seat as fast as I could and went to the nurse.

"Hi, Nurse Susieeeee!" I exclaimed. She sighed, "What is it this time Imisha?" "Oh, I-" I turned back and showed her my bloody hands. She was used to this but I never let her know about me, she just knew my mom wasn't well and my step-dad was in jail. "Imisha I know you don't want to trouble your mom but this is getting serious." She said.

I waved her off and she started treating my wound, it's been like this since she found me passed out in the bathroom 4 months ago.

After I was cleaned up and she bandaged the wound I made my way to the next class and saw Camilla and her clowns standing near my locker, oh boy, this was going to be a long day.

⋆ ˚。 ⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。 ⋆

I was sitting in my last class scribbling in my notebook. I couldn't wait to go home and sleep.

I was so done with Camilla but I couldn't do anything. After the first period, she didn't do anything, when I went to my locker she just walked away giving me a dirty look and then nothing happened until lunch break.

When I entered the cafeteria and found a seat in a closed-off area. I felt something sticky and wet under my jeans and when I stood up there was pink paint on my seat which meant it was also all over my jeans. I didn't scream because I knew it would start a drama and I would once again end up on the unofficial school page.

This kept getting ridiculous, I grabbed some tissues and started rubbing the paint away trying to be as calm as possible,

I guess that was a bad idea because before I knew someone kicked me behind my knees and I dropped to the floor, then I saw Stephanie, Camilla's best friend, grab my lunch box and she threw it at me. I was pretty sure everyone was watching and recording. At this point I'm not even surprised, I stood up quickly went to my locker, and grabbed my extra pair of trousers. I kept an extra pair of clothes because almost every day I was covered in some sort of food or drink, so much waste of food.

"sha, IMISHA!" Oh, I was so engrossed in my thoughts I didn't notice Mr. Marvin calling me. "Yes sir?" I asked. "Finally you are back, I said you've been called to the principal's office." Principal's office? I didn't do anything, I was sure, but I couldn't say anything, I nodded and followed the lady who came to call me.

I pushed the glass door of the principal's cabin and when I walked in I felt my nightmare come true.

There they were, Camilla and her mom standing near the principal. I knew Camilla's mom because sometimes she dropped Camilla at school.

"Ms. Mehta, I saw what happened at lunch today, I called your mom but she didn't answer. Could you bring her to school tomorrow?" Asked Principal Myers. "Uh um- sir it's quite alright, my mom uh is quite busy this week so she probably can't make it," I said. I was done for if they found out my mom needed to go to a mental hospital.

"No, honey I'm sorry about Camilla, no one deserves this." Said Camilla's mom. "It's alright miss, it's high school, stuff happens right Camilla?" I said in hopes that Camilla would agree with me. "Yes, mom! I told you it's not that big of a deal." Screeched Camilla. "Alright ladies it's settled then, but if this happens next time, you are getting suspended, Camilla." Said principal Myers.

Camilla nodded and went out of the cabin, of course, very dramatically. What a brat.

Camilla's mom came to me and put her hand on my shoulder, "I'm sorry honey." She gave me a tight smile and left and I followed quickly behind her.
That was close.

A/N: this is my first book so some chapters may be kinda bad and I'm sorry about it but suggestions are always welcome! Also one of my really close friends helped me with the opening so creds to him<3.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 78.5K 44
"𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝'𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐮𝐧." ▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪...
Resilience By Swati

Teen Fiction

4.6M 133K 88
[COMPLETED] "Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient." ― Steve Maraboli She has experienced more pain in her 15...
986K 31.4K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
95.1K 1.4K 10
Idalia has been abused ever since she was 3 years old. When she thought things couldn't get any worse and nothing was going to change, she ran. She r...