Bound by Destiny | COUNTRYHUM...

By Eli_Jah_Watt

Germany never asked to be an heir to the throne and he most certainly didn't ask to be the son of one of the... More

WAIT! BEFORE YOU START!
Worries
A free bird
Reminders of his past
Arrival to the air-field
Return to hell
Horror
Oh Germany...what have you done?
Dilemma
Forgive
Explanations
Curiosity killed* me
Questioning
Awake and alive
The start of the aftermath
Confrontation
Late night talks
Sickness
Obudzony
I trust you
Ice breaker
Jealousy, Jealously
Repairing a fractured mind
Healed
Taking the first step
A Singaporean's Diary
Meltdown
Back after a break
Combat Class

1K READS Q&A SPECIAL

175 5 30
By Eli_Jah_Watt

Since Bound By Destiny has finally crossed it's 1K milestone, I thought of opening up a Q&A session! Without further ado, let's get into it :D

Person_Meh

Q: Why is Russia so unpredictable? Is he planning something?

A: Russia...he's not really unpredictable. He just seems that way because we are seeing him from Poland and Germany's perspective. If I were to write the book--and also not focus on the characters but rather the storyline--in 3rd person, I would think Russia's actions wouldn't seem so unpredictable.
As for the second question, I answered this to 1234germankitty in the chapter: Confrontation. Russia isn't really planning anything in particular but he is trying to get closer to Germany with the hope that if he "protects" Germany, he can become Ger's friend again.

There are another two reasons:

One being that this has been a longstanding order from Tsar USSR to regain the Prince of Darkness's trust--so that sanctions can be lifted from that kingdom and more trade can be done. Tsar USSR thinks Germany is quite weak (mentally) and he hopes that if his son (or minion) can regain Ger's trust, when Ger takes the throne, the sanctions can be lifted. Currently, they can't because Prussia is on the throne and is trying not to anger the other kingdoms since she can't risk having even more sanctions on their kingdom's products. (As it was, since the 1st Great War, lots of products were sanctioned and to get them into Brittiana for example was very difficult. The 2nd Great War made things worse.)

The other is that Russia wants more allies at school. He doesn't have that many aside from his siblings, China and NK. I mean he has a few more but they are a bit iffy with him--between balancing certain aspects and stuff (eg. Kingdom regulations) so he isn't too close to them. Of course, he doesn't say it out loud but he hopes that the two can truly be friends again. (Although in real life this is complete bs. I'm taking some creativity here.)

Side note:
While I'm at it, I'd like to take some time to explain which of the USSR's kids are at the Academy cause not everyone is there. To put things simply, USSR only allows his real children: Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan (the last three countries were once called Transcaucasia) and the exception, Kazakhstan, to go to the Academy since they are the ones who will be ruling the kingdom (Aside from Kaz. Bela wanted him with her). Ukraine obviously has no wish to do so but is going anyways because the Tsar is forcing her.
Meanwhile what about, Estonia, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan? The Tsar killed their parents (cause they tried to rebel but failed) but was "kind" enough to spare the babies. But he doesn't really like them too much (except maybe for Kaz because of Belarus) but still provides education for them. They are taught by royal tutors in different subjects. Other than that, they are mainly what the Tsar calls his "trophies" and are only allowed outside the castle during special occasions (eg. The Tsar's birthday). They are always forced to be kept clean and pristine and in perfect health or shape--specially--and must always have a smile. Essentially, they have a good life but it's very restrictive. Tsar USSR does this so that the locals won't rise and rebel against him ever again. Evil? Yes, very evil.

Q: GerPol?

A: As stated in the front of the book, this book contains only 1 ship which is Britain x France. There are no other ships and I do not intend to ever write romance in the book. It's not an enemy to lover trope.

What I can confirm however is that eventually, the two do become friends (yay, trauma bonding!).

I'm not interested in shipping countries even though you may see me in some RusAme/other CH ships books. (although I'll admit some of the ships are pretty cute [CanUkr is one of them]) Most of the time I read the books for plot. (But heyyyyy RR and WWMS make pretty compelling ships)

Q: What is UN's ability?

A: I explained this in the comments but "UN's power is to nullify other powers, basically he is able to make a country unable to use his or her power, while also taking some of their energy."

But this isn't his true ability. This ability was passed on from his adopted father, LON. His true ability is going to be kept a secret until much later.

Also, WHO is his sister and she has an equally strong ability and healing is a side effect of it. 

___________________________________________________________________________

1234germankitty

Q: How did Third Reich die?

A: *chuckles weakly* A lot of this story has historical references and TR's death is one of them. TR died in the same way Hitler did. Gunshot wound to the head. *pew pew*

(Still my fav drawing all time. I MEAN IT'S SO CUTE BRO!)

Q: Since there is used to be an East and West Germany, did Prince Germany have a brother? Or is that just portrayed by east and west, the angel and devil? And if not, does that mean that Germany's possible brother magically merged with him, or did he just die? If I'm honest, knowing that East was the one who saw Poland, and that Germany only knows it because of a shared memory, that would be an interesting thing to say in the least.

A: You must be a telepath because you read my mind! *confetti bursts out*

In the original plans of BbD, I had intended to make East and West Prince Germany's siblings. And Lithuania would have been Poland's sibling/ half sibling (since PLC is his father). The initial idea was that East and West would have tragically passed away when Germany was a young child after the war due to a mysterious illness. Or another idea was that East and West were alive but they were too old to go to Pangea so only Germany could go. Eventually I scraped the idea because I didn't really want to deal with so many extra characters because if that was the case...Lithuania would be Poland's sibling (currently, Lithuania is USSR's adopted daughter) and yea...so on and so forth. Thus, angel West and devil East were born. West became the angel because it was the democratic Germany and East was the devil because it was the Communist Germany. (side note: In BbD, West is female. I don't know why I made it that way but yea...)

Q: Does EU have a power? If so, what kind of power?

A: EU's ability is psychometry (the ability to discover facts about an event/person through touching inanimate objects which have a connection to them). His eyes glow when he uses his ability and they will remain open throughout the process. Prolonged use (more than an hour of continuous usage) will result in golden tears to be produced. No one, not even EU, knows why his tears are golden. It does sting quite a bit so EU refrains from using his ability for a long time. He's often asked to head to the Kingdom of Historia (more commonly called Historia) to scan the new artefacts brought to the Pangea History Building.

Q: Can Germany bend the shadows of people during the day? Meaning that he can bend darkness at any time?

A: Yes, Germany can bend the shadows of people during the day. Unlike Poland's ability which can only be used in the presence of sunlight, Germany's ability literally has almost 0 limits. As long as there are shadows (which is basically forever), he can use his ability. This is one reason why a lot of people fears the Kingdom of Darkness since out of all the kingdoms, those with the ability of shadows are the strongest ability users (in theory. Considering there's an unspoken rule that shadow users--if not of royal descent--should try to minimise their ability usage, not many users are very strong in their abilities. But they make great power bombs!) However, since Germany hates using his ability, he doesn't use much of his ability's potential (much to his instructor's and Prussia's exasperation). Bending the shadows of people to cloak himself is his only usage of his ability that he frequently uses.

Q: How old was Balint when Poland rescued him?

A: 5 years old.

Q: What is your opinion on cats?

A: I prefer cats to dogs. I'm not sure why but I have an irrational fear of dogs (even the cute ones) and when they bark, I get very scared. Cats are also way cuter and they are so chill. (well...maybe the older ones) I might be a bit bias since my friends really like cats and I also affectionately call them 'cats'.

Q: How do you feel about chocolate?

A: I fricking love chocolate. Milk chocolate is the best and Finnish chocolate is also so good! Of course that being said, eat it in moderation. Sometimes I eat a lot of chocolate (a lot is like one dairy milk choc. bar) and my throat begins to feel sore.

Q: Is Pangea a character in the story? If so, did she found the school? Or was it her castle?

A: Pangea is not a character in the story but the name of the world/land that the characters live in. Think of it as Earth but squished into the size of 1 and a half Asias.
Outside of Pangea, I haven't really thought of anything else--eg. Are there other worlds?

BUT! If Pangea were a character, I would say that they would probably be like Te Fiti from Moana and would be considered a goddess/god of worship rather than this historical figure. (And yea, probably show herself as a girl) But religion isn't a big thing--well not something I'm diving into--for the story so I don't really have to write about it.

__________________________________________________________________________

SPIthepro

Q: Is Lithuania going to show up in this story?

A: She will appear as she is one of Tsar's Soviet's "trophy" children. But her page time isn't a lot and may just appear in a small scene I have towards the middle when Ger and Pol head to the Kingdom of Winter. Other than that, not too much. She is actually a Light Kingdom citizen by birth buttttt her mom decided to revolt against the Tsar andddddd she got taken away to become the Tsar's "trophy". She's not a big fan of the Tsar's children and Kaz but loves Estonia and Lativa. 

Q: Is Austria, in some way, related to Germany?

A: Yes and no. If by blood, no. But if you mean by events, yes. Austria and Hungary (siblings) are the son and daughter of the Austrian--Hungary Empire (AHE) who fought alongside the German Empire in the first Great War. They are much older, in their 50s, so they don't really talk to Germany that much although Austria and Germany have had some in depth conversations about some of Austria's inventions whenever Austria and Hungary come over. They are closer to Prussia since she used to take care of them during the Great War.

Q: Who was the founder of the school?

A: The League of Nations. TR, USSR, Facist Italy, J.E, Britain, France and many others were the first few students who joined the school. After LON passed on, his adopted son, UN took up the mantle.

Q: What would have happened if TR didn't lose the war had dominance over the Kingdom of Light forever? How would Poland and Germany's lives turn out?

A: If this was the case, Poland may or may not be dead, the school wouldn't exist, Germany would probably be either severely mentally scarred (and may go insane) or adopt his father's attitude (and conquer more land when TR gave the throne to him).

The Kingdom of Light would also lose their characteristics (sunny days and warm weather) and would become run down. The citizens would also suffer many issues because 0 support will be given. Any people with light abilities may also be executed since they pose a danger to the Kingdom of Darkness. Overall, the KoL would be hell. 

__________________________________________________________________________

Random question my friend came up with. 

Annebelle_lle

Q: Does pineapple belong on pizza?

A: No. Whoever invented this is not someone I will love/like. Savoury with sweet? No. 

But honestly, I just don't like pineapple on pizza or fruits on savoury foods. I can eat the pineapple but I don't like it. 

Also, here's Italy's opinion on it :D

Italy: DISGRACE TO THE ITALIANS! 

America: *running away* I DIDN'T DO IT!!!

_______________________________________________________________________

Welp! That's all for today! Hopefully I answered all your questions properly. 

My next goal for my reads is 5k reads and I think we mightttt be getting there. Slow and steady wins the race (I wrote risk at first 😂) 

I'll be keeping this open for another week, if you still have any questions feel free to ask, but after that, the Q&A will officially be closed. Until then, see you! 

Unrelated but also, here's my new OC/persona.

I only coloured one because I wanted to test out the colouring. The slime's name is Eli (Ik, how, creative of me) and the pronouns are they/them (I mean...slime can't have gender can they?) But that being said, this isn't meant to offend anyone and it's a joke (cus I'm always melting into a puddle after writing an announcement--most of the time)

Okay, I've written too much. See you soon! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.2K 1.5K 29
Cuphead was the most popular person in school (keyword WAS). He used to be the team Captain in football, and every girl would swoon over him. ...
56.5K 891 29
Foxy Hook and his aunt decides to move so they can have a fresh start. Foxy has had a rough child hood and doesn't tell anyone untill he met her. Whe...
1.6K 95 13
Hello reader, ever thought to yourself 'hey, what if an extremely drunk America broke into Germany's house at 3am with his pants on his head?' I'm gu...
7.8K 314 27
James Potter and Regulus Black are hiding their relationship from Regulus's brother, and James's best friend, Sirius Black. Main ships: Jegulus (obvi...