Family above all (Mentaverse)...

Par Menta2009

It's been a year since Menta joined the Paw Patrol. One morning, the pups wake up to discover that their supe... Plus

The meteor activates Part 1
Encounter of Menta and Harold Part 2
Life dangerPart 3
Between life and death Part 4
A new pup Part 5
Jealousy Part 6
Two boy, one girl Part 7
You love me? Part 8
Agreement and Revelation Part 9
The Wind of the Past Part 10
Who is he and where is he? Part 11
Evershall Part 13
Christmas pups Part 14
Integration Part 15
Skase Part 16
Zucky Part 17
Jager's past (addition)
Epilog

Famili + love Part 12

16 0 0
Par Menta2009

Menta pondered what this feeling might be like.

Menta: I'm sorry. Is there anything I can help with? Maybe I know something.

Colonel looked at Menta with sad eyes.

Colonel: Well, I remember his eyes were brown, and I named him Chase. He had a mark on his neck that distinguished him from all the other pups, although this mark might not be visible anymore due to his fur.

Menta recalled what it was like when she was looking for her sibling. Then she realized she also had a peculiar mark on her neck.

Menta: Was he the only one with a mark on his neck?

Colonel pondered.

Colonel: I think so. Well, he's the only one who survived, so I suppose it's not that important.

Menta: Alright then. But I must be going now. Goodbye and good night.

Colonel: Goodbye to you too.

Menta headed back to the tower. Ryder told Jager and Skye not to watch the newcomers by nightfall. Jager said he would stay a little longer. He wanted to wait until everyone was asleep. He watched from a small hill, though he would have preferred to be asleep. He began to stroll as his legs had gone numb from standing too long. He reached the edge of the hill, slipped, and tumbled down. Colonel happened to be passing by, and they nearly collided.

Colonel: Who are you, and where did you come from?

Jager quickly got to his feet.

Jager: I'm Jager, and I was just walking around here, but I'm leaving now.

He began to climb the not-so-steep hill to get to his car and leave as soon as possible.

Colonel: I see. And where are you heading now?

Jager reached the top, glanced back, and replied.

Jager: Home.

With that, he turned around, jumped into his car, and headed towards the lookout tower. Colonel didn't quite understand, but he wasn't too concerned about it.

After dinner, Menta and Chase went out to talk. Chase noticed that something was bothering Menta. They sat down at their usual spot.

Chase: Everything alright?

Menta looked at Chase and then noticed something on his neck.

Menta: Of course. What's that mark on your neck?

Chase placed his paw on the mark.

Chase: I don't know. It's been there for as long as I can remember. Why?

Menta smiled and realized a few things. She hugged her brother.

Menta: Nothing, I was just curious.

She smiled kindly and then suddenly pulled away and rubbed her head, something Chase hated.

Chase: Hey!

He pushed Menta away, causing her to stumble and fall. They started laughing, and then Menta teased Chase.

Chase: Okay, I deserved that.

The two pups got up, and Chase hugged Menta, who was surprised but hugged him back.

Chase: I'm glad you're here. At least you are.

It hurt Menta to hear this from her brother because she knew it shouldn't just be her here with him; she needed someone who understood and listened to her too.

Menta: I'll always be here for you. I promise.

At that moment, tears began to run down Menta's cheeks. She was close to crying herself but wanted to show her brother that she couldn't break down.

Chase: I couldn't ask for a better sibling than you. If you weren't here, I don't know what would become of me. Promise me you'll always be by my side and never leave me.

A tear rolled down Menta's cheek, which she wiped away before releasing Chase and looking into his eyes.

Menta: Chase. It's not that simple. Listen, everything comes to an end. We grow up and then we die, but that's okay. The Paw Patrol will also come to an end someday. When everyone grows up and lives their own life. It might even be that we'll live in different cities and only meet once or twice a year, but that's okay. That's life—sometimes hard, sometimes painful, sometimes easy and sometimes joyful, but nothing lasts forever, whether we want it to or not.

Chase's tears started to flow more heavily, and Menta hugged him tightly.

Chase: But what will happen to me if you're not here? You never break down, and you always stand tall even when everyone else is lying down. I can't do that.

Chase cried harder. Menta was also close to tears.

Menta: Chase, it's not exactly like that.

The boy was surprised.

Chase: What do you mean?

Menta: I've also learned to break down; it's just that life has broken me too many times, so I can't cry in front of others. But you don't know how many nights I've cried alone. But it's normal because there's no living being that doesn't cry.

The boy calmed down a bit, and they let go of each other.

Chase: But what about Ryder? Do you think he's ever broken down? Because he always puts himself out there and never worries.

Menta: Yes, he has. He just doesn't show it to the world, just like I don't. That's why we believe some people are incapable of breaking down.

Chase's eyes were already swollen from crying.

Menta: Come on, let's go to sleep.

Chase nodded and walked into his house. Menta sat down and thought until Jager walked over to her.

Jager: Is everything alright? 

Jager suppressed a yawn. 

Menta: Of course, I was just talking with Chase. 

Jager sat down next to Menta and put his arm around her. At that, she leaned in and rested her head against his chest, where his fur was soft and warm. He licked the base of her ear, sending a pleasant shiver down Menta's spine. 

Jager: Aren't you tired? 

Menta lifted her head, and they looked into each other's eyes. 

Menta: A little. 

Jager got lost in Menta's green eyes. Neither of them wanted to break this moment. After all, all the pups were in their house by now, probably asleep. Then the usual lamp switch-off interrupted the moment. 

Ryder: Goodnight, pups. 

Pups: Goodnight.

Menta and Jager went into Menta's doghouse. Jager lay down, and Menta snuggled up next to him. Jager rested his head on Menta. 

Menta: I love you. 

Jager lifted his head, and so did Menta. The boy was surprised because Menta was the first one to say "I love you" so explicitly. 

Jager: I love you too. 

Jager licked Menta's forehead. He wanted to kiss her, but he wasn't sure how she would react. Menta blushed. Now she waited to see if Jager would kiss her or not. Once again, they got lost in each other's eyes. 

Jager: Now or never. Maybe... 

Jager leaned in gently and kissed Menta. The girl returned the kiss and enjoyed it. Although this moment didn't last long, Menta gently pressed her head against Jager's neck, and he rested his head on hers. That's how they fell asleep, and that's how they woke up in the morning.

This was the first night when Menta didn't have nightmares. Jager woke up earlier than Menta but didn't move to avoid waking her. 

Jager: Good morning. 

The first thing Menta saw was Jager's smiling face, which made her smile too. 

Menta: Good morning. Wasn't it just a dream? Did it really happen? 

These thoughts filled Menta with happiness. Both pups blushed, and Menta rested her head on Jager's chest again. Jager remembered how Menta felt a pleasant shiver when he licked behind her ear, so he did it again, slower this time. Once again, Menta felt that delightful chill. 

Jager: How did you sleep? 

He asked, smiling. 

Menta: Well. 

Her voice was barely audible as she didn't lift her head. Both pups' faces started to redden, and Menta lifted her head, looking into Jager's eyes. Once again, the boy kissed the girl.

A sudden and loud noise interrupted them. Each dog woke up and was already outside their house. Ryder also woke up, and now everyone was looking at each other. No one could tell where the sound came from. Then they heard it again and realized it was coming from their radio. 

Rocky: Something must be malfunctioning. I can check it if needed. 

Ryder: Alright Rocky, that would be good. 

Rocky asked for everyone's badges and Ryder's phone. He went into his house and started fixing things. 

Ryder: Pups, stay nearby in case there's anything within hearing distance. 

Pups: Okay.

After breakfast, they started playing tag. They played until Colonel saw Menta. He walked up to her. 

Menta: Can we help with something? 

Colonel looked at the seven dogs. 

Colonel: I just wanted to say we're leaving soon. 

Chase walked up to Menta. Colonel noticed the small mark on his neck, and his breath almost caught. 

Chase: Is something wrong? 

Menta: Nothing's wrong. 

Menta looked at Colonel and saw her father in him, which she couldn't believe. 

Colonel: Chase, how long have you had that mark on your neck? 

Chase: It's always been there. 

Colonel muttered something so quietly that it couldn't be heard. 

Chase: But why? 

Colonel sat down. 

Colonel: My son also had a similar mark on his neck. It was only found on him and his sister. Something terrible happened at the shelter where they lived. 

Then Menta interjected. 

Menta: A flood. No one survived... except me. 

The three German Shepherds pieced the puzzle together, and then Ryder appeared. 

Ryder: Good morning, Colonel. What brings you here? 

Colonel stood up. 

Colonel: I just came to say goodbye because I found who... I mean, whom I was looking for. Then he looked at the sibling pair. 

Menta and Chase looked at Ryder. 

Menta: Ryder, it seems that Colonel is our father. 

The man's child smiled and then squatted down and petted the two German Shepherds. 

Ryder: Really? That's wonderful because then the family is reunited.

Three hours later. 

Colonel: Well then, goodbye. I'm glad to have found both of you. 

Jager was chatting and playing with the other dogs. When it came time to say goodbye, it was hardest for Chase and Menta. They went back to the lookout tower. Rocky was done with the transceivers and the phone. Zuma helped him all along.

Chase and Menta sat down under the big tree, watching the others play. 

Chase: Menta. Do you think we'll see them again someday? 

Chase looked at Menta, who took a deep breath. 

Menta: I think so. 

She smiled at her brother, and then they got up and went to play too. They played all morning as they didn't receive any distress calls. Lunchtime was approaching, signaled by Rubble's growling stomach. After lunch, they just lay in the shade of the big tree. The dogs were already half asleep or fully asleep. Chase was next to Skye, Rocky next to Zuma, Marshall was scanning the sky and thinking of Everest, while Rubble was already eating in his sleep.

Menta lay on her back, lost in thought. Jager interrupted her thoughts. 

Jager: What are you thinking about so intensely? 

As Menta turned onto her stomach, her nose touched Jager's. She pulled her head back a bit, which started to redden again. 

Menta: Well... uh many things. But mostly about last night. 

She smiled at the boy. The boy smiled back, and Marshall happened to look over at that moment. He smiled and then continued to scan the sky. Jager stretched out his front legs and turned onto his back. This way, he looked into Menta's two green eyes, shimmering in the sun. He gently took the girl's head and pulled her towards him, then kissed her. Suddenly, Menta didn't know what was happening, but eventually she kissed him back. After that, Menta pulled her head away. Jager turned back onto his stomach. 

Jager: What's wrong? 

The girl now looked at the grass. 

Menta: Nothing. It's just weird for me right now. 

Jager moved closer to Menta. 

Jager: Why? 

He asked, somewhat sadly. He didn't understand why Menta was feeling this way when she seemed to enjoy it the night before. 

Menta: Actually... uh... it's just... just you know... the others are here too... and they see this side of me that I don't really show. 

The boy got up and lay down next to the girl, then hugged her. Menta watched to see if anyone was watching them when she felt Jager lick the base of her ear again. This made her relax a bit, although there was still tension in her. Seeing this, Jager did it again, hoping it would be enough to make Menta completely relax. Menta leaned her head into Jager's chest again and waited for the boy to lick her again. But this time, the boy immersed himself in the sight of Menta. 

Menta: Aren't you going to do it again? 

She asked sadly. Jager licked Menta's ear again, then leaned over and whispered in her ear. 

Jager: I don't want to spoil you. Do you enjoy it otherwise? I

nstead of answering, Menta just pressed her head even further into Jager's chest. She didn't want to talk, just enjoy this moment.

A few minutes later, Menta was close to falling asleep when Jager nudged her with his nose. Menta lifted her head and looked at Jager with tired eyes. 

Menta: Is something wrong? 

She asked softly and sleepily. Jager smiled. 

Jager: Nothing's wrong. I just thought you were asleep. 

Menta pulled back her ears and smiled. 

Menta: I almost managed to fall asleep. 

She said, half laughing. They were both happy because they could feel each other's closeness. They looked into each other's eyes again. Then Jager stood up and started walking in one direction. Menta looked at him strangely but followed. Jager suddenly stopped and looked at Menta.

Jager was ready to seal their relationship, but he didn't know if Menta was ready for it. 

Jager: Can I ask you something? 

The two dogs were close to each other. 

Menta: Of course. 

The boy took a deep breath, glanced over Menta, then back into her eyes. He checked if they were already beyond the horizon. 

Jager: Are you ready to seal our relationship? 

After his question, he kissed Menta again, surprising her with this question as she didn't expect it. 

Menta: Uh... yeah, sure. 

Then Jager pushed Menta onto her back, carefully removed her collar, licked her neck, and gently bit her to cause as little pain as possible. Jager suddenly released Menta's neck. 

Jager: Are you okay? 

Menta smiled because it was Jager's idea. 

Menta: Of course. 

She smiled and then Jager let go of Menta. Now it was the girl's turn. She also carefully removed the collar and licked the boy's neck. 

Jager: Relax. 

He put his head as if nothing was hurting him. Menta just rolled her eyes. She also bit the boy's neck a bit, causing him to flinch, then she let go. 

Menta: Talking big, huh? 

They both smiled. Jager put Menta's collar back around her neck and vice versa. Both of their necks bled a little, but luckily their collars covered it up.

They lay back under the tree, and then Menta pressed her head back against Jager's chest, who licked the base of Menta's ear, then rested his head on hers, and they fell asleep like that.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

60.3K 673 22
It has been a while, since the PAW Patrol Pups have been on a Mighty Mission, and the Pups were used to doing their Normal Rescues, but what Happens...
14.4K 161 8
While on his birthday, the Paw Patrol decide to send Marshall away on a cruise with Everest for a vacation. However, things turn for the worst when t...
6.3K 243 22
The Wolf Dog (PAW Patrol fan-fiction) {COMPLETE} _______________________________ Ryder, Katie, Jake, Carlos and the pups were camping behind the Look...
5.3K 88 22
Skye has always been having feelings with Chase ever since they first met. That led her to liking Chase a lot, but she's too afraid to admit her crus...