𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭

By luxidrose

❝Get away from me Enzo .❞ I said with pure annoyance from this man. I stumbled outside in the rain to get my... More

introduction
Chapter 1 • Quiet
Chapter 2 • Discovered
Chapter 3 • Dead Heart
Chapter 4 • Ouch
Chapter 5 • Unusual
Chapter 6 • Secrets
Chapter 7 • Should I?
Chapter 8 • Reached
Chapter 9 • Fuck this
Chapter 11 • Footage & More Fear
Chapter 12 • Silent
Chapter 13 • Beautiful Wreck
Chapter 14 • The News

Chapter 10 • Something Different

399 12 0
By luxidrose

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

BAKING is what has been keeping me busy these past few hours.
It's been about a day or two since the fundraiser.

I walk out with another tray of cookies placing them on for display. The calm music played throughout the big open bakery.
I hum walking around the counter serving people's delight on a plate, putting a smile on her face.

"Did you get that families order in the booth?" My mom asks me and I said yes to her going back behind the counters, minding my own business. I took out a book from the hidden stack under the shelves.

I lean over the counter while reading the pages of another world. As the time went by people came and people left making the ringing of the door become extremely annoying.
It disrupted my reading, but I continued to read it anyway.

Everest and the rest of the friend group settled in and sat down in a booth near the windows getting the best view up front. I didn't say hi to any of them since I was in my own world.
Suddenly my book was covered by a big pale hand placing my book down. "Peekaboo sunshine." His voice was in a sarcastic playful tone.

"Hi Lorenzo" I roll my eyes putting the book down. "Whoa what's got you in your gloom and doom." He sat in the stool in front of me once more.
"You just ruined a perfectly good book moment for me." I explain to him setting out his coffee for today.

"How are you." He said with a peak of curiosity "I'm fine.. what about you?" I hand him his mug while his hand grazed against mine.
"Dead as a nail. But at least I'm what they call Mr. Tall, dark, mysterious and handsome" I gave him a weird look once he said that.

"Girls behind me just said that." He clicks his tongue moving his head behind him to the girls. "Yea they're not wrong." I sigh putting the coffee pitcher back where it needed to go.
"What is it." He groaned knowing I was in a mood.

"Nothing you just seem different than usual or you're drunk." I said honestly and he rolls his eyes in response. "For the record I'm surprisingly not drunk or high today, so maybe it's me being sober."
The exasperating laugh popped out of me. "Where's Kraven and your brother?" I change the topic before he got too cocky. "Don't know don't care.." His lips take the mug on his mouth "Surprised not to see you with Kraven." I tried to make conversation with him, but I could tell he wanted to stay quiet for a moment.

"Why'd you stop talking." He looks at me, I felt like my heart jumped when I saw his eyes look— "Can you take off for the night" The mug slides back to me across the counters.

"Why do you need me to"—  he put his finger up shaking it clicking his tongue. "Don't ask questions, just come for me Bells" I turn my back toward him. "So if I go, you won't do anything...stupid" I went back to his covered face by his black hair.

"Stupid is my motto beautiful." Lorenzo gave a quick wink. I just didn't want to look like a clueless little girl, so hopefully he doesn't. I told Emilia about it and she says to do it by either watching it, which no way in hell am I watching that.

Or experiment with it maybe even with him if I wasn't so awkward about the situation.
"Earth to Arabellaa" I felt him blow on my face with his cool mint breath. "Sorry, just don't do anything please,"

"Wait for me." I said finally before walking away in the back kitchens to grab my things. "Now where are you headed?" My dad said "Um- I'm going with Lorenzo back to his place." I clutched on my bag.

He didn't reply quickly enough and it made me nervous. "Why're you hanging out with him so much all of a sudden?" He didn't look over at me as he kneaded the dough.
"We're friends? I honestly kind of enjoy his company even though he's a rude, stubborn, annoyingly smart, etc,etc." I shut my mouth before it sounded like something else.

"Mm. Have you seen Everest?" He didn't comment on Lorenzo whatsoever. "Yeah he's outside now, see you later?" I was hesitant on leaving through the doors.
"Be careful with him and I'll see you later."

Overheard the conversation with her father and honestly? It pissed me off.

Let your daughter have her own damn decisions.
Also earlier when she said don't do anything weird. I had no promises to that because my mind goes blank when I see her. Well besides being a good looking guy who knows how to make people laugh, she cant even get that out of me sometimes.

I just feel protective.

It is not a good feeling when you are quite literally one of the strongest immortals. You want to kill so you can protect, or maybe that's just me. I tend to spiral when things don't go my way.
I do something "stupid" is what I call it.

I look over the counter to see Arabella touching up her makeup. She wore a more basic outfit, but grey sweatpants never looked better on someone with her white off shoulder sweatshirt.
Could also definitely tell she wasn't wearing a bra nor a shirt underneath— "okay I'm ready." She walks around the counter going up to me.

I stood up "lead the way." and she went while I followed behind her. I felt the eyes of Everest and his group as they see us walk out the bakery together.
"God they cant help but stare." She scoffs as she gets inside my car and my vision got set on seeing her dad through the window.
I give a quick smile as I hop inside.

"Are you gonna tell me what we're doing?" I shook my head to her. I just wanted to take her to my house, but I would have people eavesdropping. I honestly don't think I cared. They all know.
"Lorenzo?" Her voice rings through my head.
"You don't mind going to my house, do you. Besides last time you were there I forcefully took you there." She shook her head "No as long as you're not paranoid and freaking me out."

"Okay then" I definitely was paranoid about her all the time just being out in the open. I didn't worry as much knowing she was with me. Being in a house full of bloodsuckers can be a good or bad thing.

We pulled around back of my house next to my black convertible. I heard loud music in my house and a lot of chatter letting me groan out loud hitting my head against the seat.
"Apparently we have a get together I had no idea was going to happen." I look over at her.
"It's okay I wanna see your friends and brother anyway" She always sounded like a do-gooder.

Arabella gets out the car waiting for me, so I follow behind her seeing Dracov. "Good afternoon sir, Ms. Cohen" Never seen him smile much, but I knew it was for her. "Good afternoon to you too Dracov" she walks past him going up the stairs to the first floor.

"Your highness, she can't be here with all of these vampires." Dracov said. "I know. Also no one told me, so how is this my fault?" I rose my brow at him and he didn't say anything. "You're right, forgive me your highness." I pat his shoulder seeing her hug Kraven and Makel.

Everyone else was quiet, probably noticing what she was. "Arabella come here." I looked around the living room and bar area, no one made eye contact with me. All I heard was her footsteps and the music while she came to me "Meet me upstairs please" I grab her arm before she walked past me.

I softly peck her pierced earlobe letting her go. I stood until I heard she was at a good distance from the stairs. "Okay so what the hell is this for?" I go over to the bar and they stepped back letting me pour my drink.

"Kraven? Makel? Mya? Chris? Or maybe Katrina knows." I point to all of them. "It was Stefano"— I bang my hand against the counter.
"Why in the hell are you listening to Stefano?" I turn to her "Because obviously I don't want him to kill us!" She shouts at me.

"You're in a better position, you can compel vampires, you're a hybrid, he looks up to you Enzo." She starts listing things I didn't care about. "You really want him to rule over the supernatural? You are the pure-blood, not your bastard brother."

"He is alongside your mother which is why I am listening to him whether you like it or not. I don't want us to get hurt." Everyone listens to her as the music still plays.

"The fact that you would think not making a party would upset my brother, then just shows how much of a pussy King he can be, I'm not turning into one of them." I chug my glass of bourbon exiting myself out of the room.

"Oh and if you see my little brother, tell him to stay the hell away from me tonight or I will rip his arteries and heart out." I dash up the stairs to my door that was closed.
I open my door slowly not seeing her on my bed, then I see my bathroom light on.

I peek my head over seeing she was in the mirror looking at herself. I accidentally knocked something over making me dash back to my door closing it again. "Lorenzo?" She leaves the bathroom "what did you figure out with everyone down there?" I watch her sit onto my bed.

"My brother that's what" I said in annoyance. I heard her phone kept buzzing but she never picked it up. "You gonna get that?" I point at her and she said no "It's just Everest no one important." She stood up leaving her things on my bed.

"You okay? You don't look very happy" she got closer and I didn't budge. "I'm fine." I answered her calmly, her giving me that damn look in her eye was about to make me break again.
"Earlier when you said I shouldn't do anything stupid.." I mumble quietly to her "What if I always did something stupid even when I don't mean to."

"What are you talking about?" "People aren't perfect, so it's natural." I roll my eyes to her reasoning, people. "You really do try to make people feel good about themselves, hm?" I grabbed the remote for the TV propped up on a shelf near the bathroom door.

It immediately channeled to the local news of this town. The lady in the most unappealing clothes started to talk about the deaths occurring randomly here.
I knew they were my brother and me.

I didn't care if she saw it. She's bound to finding out regardless and we'll see how she looks at me. At everyone she's ever met from me —
"I don't believe that it's an animal." She sighed moving her head up watching the TV.

"I don't know, things can be pretty pesky out here in the wild." I hissed at her statement "Yeah sure" We were at a far distance but she decided to break it. I felt like my chest was about to lock up when she had a curious look on her face.
It scared me honestly. "Have you.." Her hands went to my hair moving one side to the back of my pierced ears. "Have I what?" I let her touch me, but I couldn't touch her or this would go a completely different direction.

"No it's stupid"— "Then I'm stupid." I cut her off. She laughed making me smile slightly at her "Have you ever been in love Lorenzo?" I didn't want her to regret asking me it so I shook my head slowly.
"I've never even had love from my own family" I shrugged because it didn't matter to me.

"Well I hope you know that you already have experienced it. From those people downstairs" Her nails traced the shape of my silver eyebrow piercing.
"Yeah maybe, but I don't feel like it." I said with all honesty.

Arabella's hand falls down once she heard footsteps and her phone started to ring. I cleared my throat running my hand on my face.
"Arabella. You need to come back here um— Everest has something to show you." I heard Emilia's voice.

I had a bad feeling about it, but I clearly couldn't ask her about it.

"I'm sorry but I have to go." She said in a disappointed tone. Yeah me too, beautiful.
"Alright I'll drive you"

♛ ♛

I didn't have a good fucking feeling anymore the second I drove up to her house.
Everests blue car was parked along the wide street of her sweet, friendly neighborhood.

I wasn't going to leave her, well at least I'm not going to go out of the area until I was sure. I slowly pressed down on the break petal putting the gears into park shifting my stick.

My hand stayed on the stick and one on the wheel then moved to the bottom of my chin.
I look at her grab her bag and whatever else she needed.

"Thank you for tonight Lorenzo." Her brown eyes glance at me one more before getting out the car. "Call me if you need anything." I said to her through the window and she nods going up to her front door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

407K 10.1K 44
"He's just a friend." I whispered my heart beating wildly in my chest,"You call yourself my fiancé when you whøre behind my back!" He shouted a vein...
2M 53.2K 69
"It's funny that you are saying this because if one of us is jealous, then it's you. Or did you forget that you just pushed the man I was dancing wit...
876K 26.8K 35
"And how does that make you feel?" "You want to know how I feel when she refuses to suck my cock?" Red blotches donned on Isabella's cheeks. He had n...
1.1M 22K 60
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 DARK ROMANCE "Fuck. You." I watched as the brown in his eyes darkened and he clenched his jaw. He...