Only you- Rangi & Kyoshi

By remote_ghost

As they continue their travels and visit the Northern Water Tribe Rangi and Kyoshi finally start to have time... More

Rangshi Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 31

427 14 22
By remote_ghost

After all of the excitement Kyoshi had made the decision to flop on the grass, watching as the clouds above crossed the sky. She felt the weight of Rangi's head on her chest, her breath rising and falling.

If only we could pause the world and stay here.

The colors started to shift in the sky, Rangi took this as a cue that they should probably head home. The firebender sat up nudging Kyoshi beside her.

Offering Kyoshi her hand, Rangi helped her stand. Kyoshi didn't drop the firebender's hand as they both now stood in the forest. She held it carefully kissing the top of her hand.

"They're going think we're missing" Rangi commented as they began their walk back.

"Maybe" Kyoshi shrugged. "But I've done worse than disappear for an afternoon"

"That's not funny" Rangi exclaimed.

Kyoshi only laughed, "it kinda is, plus it true"

Rangi shook her head, "I really am marrying an idiot"

"You're the one who said yes, and then asked me for yourself so..." Kyoshi replied, smiling smugly.

"And I'd do again" Rangi laughed

The town was much more quiet as they walked through. There were no longer floods of children running through the streets. There were some merchants still at their stands lit by candles. Kyoshi had felt like there always was a somewhat warm feeling to the fire nation. But maybe that was just the company.

As Rangi pushed the doors open they could hear the sound of echoing voices from down the hall. Happy voices, maybe arguing actually.

They rounded a corner entering the kitchen to see the flying opera company in all their glory making a mess of the kitchen. Kirima had situated herself in a chair with a bag of fire flakes, with her legs propped up on the table. While Lao Ge was at the other end, watching Wong engulfed what food he had found happily.

"Your snacks suck" Wong said through a mouthful of food. Rangi's face twisted at the sight of Wong spitting food from his mouth like a child as he talked.

As Rangi went to grab the food from him, it was then that he saw the ring. Dropping the bag immediately he sprinted over to where Kyoshi stood grabbing her hand. "What the hell Wong!" Kyoshi yelled as she pulled her hand back.

"I knew it," He exclaimed. "What are you doing you're going to knock her over" Rangi yelled, going to defend Kyoshi.

"They got engaged you guys!" Wong yelled happily ignoring Rangi. Kyoshi felt her face heat up, sure she knew they were going to tell them. But like this? It was a little embarrassing being beaten to the punch.

"Ha you all owe me lunch for a week" Kirma almost cackled at her victory.

Rangi did not look impressed. "You were betting on us?"

"Well yeah of course, I bet that you would be engaged no longer than a week after Kyoshi returned." She explained.

"The others bet longer, but I knew it wouldn't be long after you got back," Kirima said, looking at Kyoshi.

Kyoshi only laughed, "So what are you all doing here anyways?"

"Why would we care about that now? We want the story" Kirima demanded, ignoring the question as resituated herself.

"You sound like a child," Rangi commented coldly.

"Really topknot you wanna go there? We have watched you two be all in love with each other for forever, and when something good finally happens we miss it. So yes we want the story. We're too invested now." Kirma said shortly.

Rangi looked like she had dropped her guard. "Well first she almost gave me a heart attack..." She began.

Kyoshi smiled as she walked over to a chair, slumping down listening to Rangi recall their afternoon. More so curious in how was going to spin the part where Kyoshi did ask first.

"Kyoshi" She was surprised to see Jinpa tapping her on the shoulder. She didn't even notice he was here.

"Can I talk to you a sec"

She nodded as she pushed herself up from chair and walked with him around the corner and back into the room with the maps. "First I'd like to say congratulations"

Kyoshi noticed how he didn't make eye contact. "Jinpa what is it?"

"I just felt like you should be the first to know" He said, reaching for a scroll. It was a report like any other that she had read, only when she looked at the location.

The Sei'naka clan

The room suddenly felt colder as she looked from the scroll back to Jinpa. "When did this come in?"

"Not too long after you left" He replied shortly.

"I have no idea how she's going to react," Kyoshi said quietly as she re-rolled the scroll.

"I don't know either, but I figured it would be best if you told her." Jinpa said calmly.

Kyoshi looked at the map they had put up, the balanced nation had been taking over smaller fire nation towns around the location of the portal. But with the sudden take to the sea they were expanding much differently than they thought.

We have ally's everywhere, we can call them at a moment's notice. The leader's voice rang in her ears.

"Well fuck" She began to pace the room. This day had been so good, she had been able to make her so happy. All she ever wanted to do was make Rangi happy.

"I'll tell her tomorrow" She said, finally stopping in her tracks. "The letter could come tonight," she continued.

"Whatever you think is best" Jinpa sighed, not liking the situation any more than Kyoshi.

"She's so happy right now Jinpa..." Kyoshi trailed on. "Who am I to take that from her?"

They stood in silence for what felt like many minutes, although neither really knew how much time had actually passed by the time one of them spoke again.

"I'm sorry" Jinpa looked up to Kyoshi who seemed to have taken on a much different expression. Watching as she mumbled what he assumed was "they will pay" over and over again. That look, that's why people think she's crazy. It screams death, that spares no one. No one will be spared who hurts Rangi or anyone attached.

"Whenever you tell her it is up to you, just keep me updated. I'll help in any way I can." Jinpa offered once more as he made his way out of the room.

As he left Kyoshi reached for the table, for any sense of stability. She felt her breathing picking up as she clenched the fabric at her chest. The anger drained from her expression into one of sorrow. And then she cried.

Cried for the damage she'd done.

Cried for the towns that had been overrun.

Cried for the Sei'naka clan.

Cried for the fact that she had to break the news to Rangi.

Cried for the fact that even if they were engaged, even if they got married she was never going to be able to give Rangi a normal life. Never in this lifetime.

Sinking to the floor, she pulled at her hair. Hard enough to cause pieces to fall from the braid. The wooden floor buzzed with the sounds and vibrations of the people in the other room. There were happy people in the other room, who was Kyoshi to change that?

She thought no one would come as she wept, Kyoshi had hoped that Kirima and Rangi would get into an argument that would encapsulate the whole room for hours. Arguing about something stupid like a hole in Rangi's story or a new nickname given by the water bender.

It was then that one of her hands was pulled away, being held in front of her body, not too long after the other one was too. Kyoshi closed her eyes tightly, knowing who was there, she knew who had stopped her. But for a second she prayed that it wasn't her, and she was still in the other room. Because now she knew she had to tell her.

But still she refused to open her eyes, which didn't hope with the dizziness in her head, though she didn't care. Her breathing continued to stay fast and frantic as Rangi remained in the same spot.

"Can you open your eyes?" Her voice called.

But Kyoshi only shook her head. "Kyoshi please open your eyes, I promise it's safe."

Kyoshi shook her head once more. Rangi only sighed as she sat in front of her, still holding onto Kyoshi's hands. "Okay then, I'll be here when you're ready."

Hearing those words only made her want to cry harder, why did Rangi always have to know exactly what to say. It was almost annoying.

Finally Kyoshi looked up to see Rangi's eyes watching her. She looked worried, sure, but not mad. "I'm so sorry" Kyoshi whispered, it was just barely loud enough to hear.

Confused at the statement, Rangi just tilted her head, trying to encourage Kyoshi to talk more about what had clearly upset her. "The group..." She began slowly.

Rangi remained silent, only squeezing her hands gently. "I'm sorry" Kyoshi repeated, looking past Rangi and to the large map behind her. "The group, they- they reached the Sei'naka clan"

For a moment Rangi felt her chest tighten. She tried to give Kyoshi a reassuring smile. One that would tell her that it would all be okay, but she found she couldn't do it without letting at least one tear fall.

"I'm sorry" Kyoshi said once more, looking down at her lap.

Rangi found herself sniffling, "it will..." she suddenly found herself struggling to speak. "It will be okay" she said finally.

They sat there in silence. The faint sound of their friends from the other room in the background. They sat there looking at each other, like even with everything that they were the only ones that mattered. Like their only true concern was with one another.

Rangi was the first to break the silence, as they sat in the dimly lit room. "Can I..." she couldn't manage to say it in one go. "Can you, can you hold me... please" Her voice was quieter after each word, though Kyoshi understood nonetheless.

She opened her arms and allowed the fire bender to crawl between them as she situated herself. As she held Rangi tightly she found herself resting her chin on Rangi's head as she looked once again at the map. I think I may go kill him myself.

Kyoshi stilled at the sound of Rangi crying softly. But she didn't know what to say. She wasn't like Rangi who always had a perfectly calculated response. Rangi always knew what to say. So she just held her, like any other hard night before. Kyoshi would be the safe space as she cried because that's all she knew to do at this time, she just hoped it would be enough.

After the sun had set there they still sat on the ground in each other's arms. Rangi was the first to fall asleep, while Kyoshi found herself drifting in and out. A light enough sleep that she noticed as Kirima entered the room, followed by the others the sellouts of their body's lit by the lighting of the hallway.

"So you told her?" She whispered as she crossed her arms, though she didn't look mad, just sad. A polar opposite from before. Kyoshi nodded in response as she looked down at Rangi.

"That's why you guys were all here right? Jinpa told you and you probably thought we would make up a plan" Kyoshi whispered back.

"More less, but once we found out why you were gone..."Kirima took a breath. "It felt wrong to take that moment from you two"

"Thank you, but you don't have to worry, I already managed to do that myself." Kyoshi scoffed trying to keep her tone hushed.

"She would have found out one way of the other"

Kyoshi closed her eyes, she knew what Kirima was saying was the truth, but that didn't mean she had to like it.

"You guys should get to bed," Kirima said, speaking up once more. "Let's not go sleeping on the floor any more that we have to alright."

"Should I wake her?" Wong said, suddenly moving forward. But Kyoshi shook her head as she stood. "No, she should sleep." She whispered, as she went to pick Rangi up in a bridal fashion.

"Should you be doing that?" Kirima half scolded in a hushed tone. Kyoshi only looked back for a second. "Probably not, but it's the least I can do"

The truth was that it might have hurt for a second, she felt the skin pull as she lifted Rangi, but honestly in that moment it was the last thing on Kyoshi's mind.

After the group left Kyoshi finally made her way to the room, when she felt Rangi shift in her arms. She nudged the door open as they entered the room. "If you tore your stitches for this I'm gonna kill you" Rangi mumbled as Kyoshi set her onto the bed. "I know." She replied as she kissed the top of Rangi's forehead, before taking her topknot down. Although her eyes remained shut, Kyoshi knew that Rangi was now kinda listening.

"Just wait, before you know it everything will be fine. I promise." She went to hold Rangi's hand under the comforter. Although now she wasn't entirely sure she was still awake. "I promise"

So did I mean for the break to be this long no, absolutely not. My bad, in my defense my life kinda fell apart for a sec so I had to revive myself to write this. But we're back now, anyways hope you enjoyed!

Also side note who do we think should plan the wedding? Let me know what you think

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 3.5K 28
One night-stand. It's a familiar word. How about a two-night stand? Three maybe? Korra and Asami's drunken mistake led them to have the best night of...
36.2K 874 16
Avatar Korra has arrived back home. After three long years Asami is beyond excited to see her bestfriend again, she soon learns that alot has changed...
48.1K 1.6K 25
๏ฝก๏ฝฅ:*:๏ฝฅโœฐ ๐—ฎ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต, ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—น ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† . ๐—ธ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ถ ๐˜… ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—บ! ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ...
19.9K 768 17
Lin begins to explore her past and discovers what her future could hold... KyaLinLin