Love With No Filter - Book 1

By DumbShortBrunette

Inez Charleen is a 24 year old photographer in the making who, until recently, had only been working for smal... More

A/N + Characters
Playlist 🎵
Prolougue - INEZ
1. INEZ
2. NICK
3: INEZ
4. INEZ
5. NICK
6. INEZ
7. INEZ
8: NICK
9: INEZ
10: NICK
11. NICK
12: INEZ
13: NICK
14: INEZ
15: NICK
16: NICK
17: INEZ
18: INEZ
19: NICK
20: NICK
22: INEZ
23: NICK
24: NICK
25: INEZ
26: NICK
27: INEZ
28: INEZ
29: NICK
30: INEZ
31: NICK

21: INEZ

152 6 2
By DumbShortBrunette

My thoughts have been scrambled since the day of the gala. Not a moment goes by when I don't think about Nick's hands on me, gliding up and down my waist and imagining the unholy things he could do with them.

"If you ask me to take you somewhere private, I'll let my fingers do a lot more than wonder"

His words plague my thoughts. He's left me questioning myself and why I find this attractive.
I don't like him. But that doesn't mean I don't like the idea of his hands roaming my body.

My thighs clench together underneath the conference table. Fuck. I'm getting horny at work in the middle of an important meeting. This is so embarrassing.

I try to avoid looking at Nick to prevent myself from getting even more flushed than I already am. I keep my eyes on the projector as Lance explains the photoshoot we'll be orchestrating for the model, Danielle Mongumory. However, no matter how hard I try to pay attention, I feel as if my conscious is stuck in my fantasies.

I spare a glance at Nick momentarily. He's leaning back in his chair, twirling a pen around in his fingers. His blonde hair is messy in a natural way, and his white shirt is rolled up to his elbows.

How is it that the man I despise so much, happens to be the man I desire most. I hate myself for enjoying the attention I pull out of him when I talk with another guy. I like it when he follows me out of the ball, trapping me against a wall and whispering filthy promises in my ear.

"That's alright Charleen, I like a good challenge."

Yeah right. I'm not giving in to his games. But his words make me melt. And from the way he willingly leans in to kiss me at my slightest movements, I can tell I've got him right where I want him: desperate for me.

I then notice I'm still staring at him. I'm trapped in time, soaking in Nick's masculine features. The veins on his forearms, the light stubble on his face, the chain around his neck, his thick fingers balancing a pen between them.

I feel my lips involuntarily part, a soft sigh escaping. My breathing becomes heavy. He handles the pen with skill, twirling and threading it in between each digit. I picture his fingers on my skin, imagining what they'd feel like if they were inside-

Suddenly there's a buzz against my leg. Shit I forgot to put my phone on do not disturb. I pull it out of my pocket, frustrated yet relieved that the vibration snapped me out of my dirty fantasy. However, my cheeks glow red as I read the message on screen.

Nick: Enjoying the view, Sweetheart?

I nearly chock on my own saliva, covering it with a cough. Jazzy looks concerned as she looks in my direction from the chair beside me. I smile, hoping to diffuse her concern. Then, my eyes flick in the direction of a smirking Nick. My teeth clench. Cocky bastard.

Inez: Just imagining what your head would look like on a stick, pretty boy.

A small smile appears on Nicks lips, as if he's trying to contain a laugh.

Nick: You think I'm pretty? ;)

I roll my eyes, trying to suffice a groan.

Inez: Yeah. Pretty annoying.
Nick: Nice save.

I stare at Nick from across the table and he winks. My stomach turns and I suddenly feel hot. I check the clock on the wall and sigh. We have thirty three minutes remaining and I'm convinced I'll doze off any second now. Amelia has been staying with Nick and I the past week and I can't say either of us had gotten much sleep. It had been a while since we'd lived together and what can I say, I miss the girl.

She told me she was staying here to sort out some business but she hasn't specified what it is that she's doing. She goes home tomorrow, so tonight, Stacey, Ami and I are going out for dinner.

I look back at Nick briefly to see his eyes fixed onto me. He's smirking. God that smirk.

Inez: Can you stop staring?
Nick: No.
Inez: Oh, my bad, let me rephrase. Stop. Staring.
Nick: That's cute.
Inez: What's cute?
Nick: You thinking you have control over what I do.

I lift my eyes up off the screen and glare at him. I mouth the words "fuck you" in his direction. There's a glint of amusement in his eyes before he very openly and non discreetly mouths infront of anyone watching, "fuck me yourself."

Shit. My thighs clench even more as I take in what he just said. We're in a meeting! Anyone could've seen that.

As if on cue, my eyes dart to every member of the team, making sure there was no one to witness this encounter. Thankfully, everyone was either fully invested in what Lance was saying, or half asleep.

I decide that the rest of the meeting, I would keep my eyes on the projector, avoiding eye contact with Nick at all cost. However, it's difficult to concentrate when I feel blue eyes glued to my face.

***

"Cheers to a great week in New York with my girls!" Amelia says joyfully as we clink our champagne glasses together.

"Cheers!" Stacey and I say in unison.

I'm pleased that Amelia and Stacey got on so well. It's like my two worlds colliding. My only wish is that Ami could stay in New York and didn't have to leave for DC first thing tomorrow morning. New York was made for her.

Amelia has always been a party girl. In college, I was the more responsible one out of the two of us. I had my fun, but I was always the one to help her into a cab at the end of the night. Unfortunately, her being a lightweight wasn't something we could do anything about.

She has this amazing aura around her and a bright smile that's contagious. It's hard to not feel joyful when in her presence. Much like Stacey.

However Stacey has a much more calm persona. Whilst Amelia relates to the party side of me, Stacey relates to the relaxed clean girl side of me who likes walks in the park and sharing a glass of rosé whilst we talk about books.

All in all, I'm very lucky to have both girls in my life. It's just a shame Ami couldn't stay longer. I should convince her to move out here, buy a small apartment and live her life on the edge, but it would be hard to drag her away from her reasturant and her current "seeing where things go" relationship.

However, the more I think about it, the more I think I'm trying to convince myself not to leave New York. I have just under four months left of the internship and in the short amount of time I've been here, I've grown to really like the busy city atmosphere.

It's a nice change from DC. Whilst I loved it there, I was never truly able to escape my haunting past until I left the state. DC held great memories, but it also reminded me of my childhood.

Walking past my old elementary school reminded me of the times my mother never left the house to pick me up.

The post office and bars reminded me of the many part time jobs I had to work longs shifts for once I turned sixteen so I could supply for me and my mother.

Shopping in the mall reminded me of when I used to spend my weekends in the diner, waiting for people to leave their half finished burger after eating so I could salvage the left overs to fill my hungry belly when my mother couldn't be bothered to get out of bed to buy me food. Not like she could afford it anyway. She didn't have a job.

DC reminded me of her.

My mother. Lauren Charleen. The women who made me believe I was impossible to love. After all, if your own mother couldn't love you, who would?

"What's wrong Inez, you look upset?"

I shake away my thoughts as Stacey's words register in my mind. Taking a sip of champagne, I smile at her, "all good. Just thinking about how much I'm gonna miss this, hanging out the three of us."

"Tell me about it! I'm gonna miss you bitches so much." Amelia squeals, throwing her arms around Stacey and I so fast I nearly drop my glass. We then share a knowing glance and we both knew I'd be hauling her into a cab tonight.

"Maybe you should slow down on the drinks Ami." I say and Stacey nods in agreement.

"No! This is the last time I'm going to see you girls until after thanksgiving. You sure I can't convince you to come back to DC and spend thanksgiving with me Inez?" She sounds hopeful and I hate that I'm about to squash it like a fly under my shoe. I wasn't planning on going back to DC any time soon. Last week was a moment of weakness.

"I'm sorry A, flights are too complicated. I'll be fine, I'm spending the holiday with Stacey and her dad anyway." I smile at the other blonde. Stacey didn't know much about my past but after finding out I'd be home alone for thanksgiving, she quickly suggested that I spent it with her and her dad. And when I say "suggested" I mean forced.

"What about Nick? You gonna leave him all alone to make turkey for one? That's just sad Nez." Amelia groans, holding her stomach as if to indicate that the alcohol intake was catching up to her.

Stacey's quickly hands her a glass of water, forcing the liquid down her throat. I rub her back chuckling, "he's with his family. And even if he wasn't, there's no way I'd spend the holidays with him. I despise him."

Whilst the words leaving my mouth were true, they couldn't have sounded more of a lie than ever before. I truly did despise him, but the thought of Nick spending the holidays alone made my heart ache. I didn't like him, but I'm not cruel. And annoyingly enough, I find myself starting to care for him.

My stomach drops at the thought. No. I don't care for him. Taking a long swig of my champagne, I try to drown any feelings of care I may have towards my sworn enemy.

A/N
Word Count: 1779
Sorry this is kinda just a filler chapter but yeah I hope you enjoyed!!
Thank you so much for the support it is much appreciated! More updates coming soon!!
Lots of love
- E <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 568 18
"𝐂𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐮𝐦 𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢, 𝐦𝐢𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚." "𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭?" "𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧." "𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐢�...
81.3K 5.2K 37
AMBY AWARDS TOP PICK 2023 ❤️ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ "You think I can't act like I'm into you?" He asks in a whisper. He reaches out, and strokes a finger down...
24.3K 569 33
Soleil Dubois was the sweetest person you could ever meet. Her name meant 'sun' in French and that was exactly what she was. Sunshine. But don't let...
266K 5.4K 51
"Do I make you nervous,Carrington? Because you love to not look me in my eye when I'm talking to you". "Nervous? Baby this is me Turned on". "Well tu...