Wolf and a Fox.

Por Skyarcher07

Takes place during the events of the IDW series. Más

Betrayal
Part 2
Angel Island
Miniseries part 1
Miniseries part 2
Miniseries Finale
Metal Virus part 1
Metal Virus part 2
All or Nothing
Out of the Blue.
Silver
Mini Dubs
Thunderstorm
Urban Warefare
Reinforcements Arrive
Tower Tumbles
Plan B? Oh NO!
Duo the Cat
A hunt for Mimic
Surges turning point?

Miniseries part 3

78 3 0
Por Skyarcher07

Y/N- A former member of the diamond cutters for 2 weeks now until they were betrayed and killed, they are an anthropomorphic fox with unspecified fur, eyes, tail and hair color leaving it up to the reader. Unlike traditional Diamond cutter gear they wear ankle high azure black boots, fingerless green gloves allowing them to use Wispons better, black shorts with a wisp canister beside them, a black long-sleeved shirt with a black hoodie over it, they wear a mask that looks like a fox with cream, dark gray and light gray in color, they have a scope in the single red eye helping them aim and hiding their face. They use a modified Burst Wispon (Modeled after the Red wisp, the Burst Wispon is a red-colored that has a fireball-shaped frame that is held together by several black nozzles. These nozzles are attached to a white barrel. It also has three holes on its front, keeping with the Red Wisp-motif. It also has a black handle on the back that allows the wielder to hold it in a comfortable grip.) This one is unique because it has blue stripes along the grip and can switch from flame thrower or all the three holes can come together to pull off a precision shot. Y/N uses a red wisp named Redster. Y/N is usually quiet and has not been heard to even mutter a single word since their time during the Eggman-Resistance war, they are a complex thinker and prefer to stay out of the spotlight, staying back and scouting with Whisper, but has a very big temper, often lashing out and staying angry for a while when angered. Since the betrayal has made Y/N even more independent, refusing to show their whole face and refusing to speak, they only trust Whisper and people who are her allies as they look up to her as a higher up since she was in the Diamond Cutters for longer.

Whisper- Whisper is an anthropomorphic wolf with biscotti fur that covers most of her body, and brown skin that covers her muzzle, inside of her ears, arms, upper torso, and front torso. She has thick black eyelashes and cloudy white fur around her eyes that resemble a mask. Her eyes are cadet blue, although they are often closed to the point of squinting. She wears light gray eyeshadow and has a long, bushy tail which ends in several tufts of fur sticking out in various directions. She also has a black nose, long-pointed ears and quite long hair that she keeps tied at the back in a ponytail with a black hair tie, save for a long, thick hair bang that covers her right eye. Her pointed cheeks are a little fluffy. Her fangs protrude from her mouth which is often in a natural frown. For attire, Whisper wears a cream-colored tube top, light gray leggings, and a dark gray cloak, in which she keeps six canisters. The cloak also has black and dark gray pockets seen on the shoulders. Whisper wears an outfit geared towards combat. This includes dark gray arm sleeves with black elbow pads, dark gray and light gray gloves with visible dark brown claws, and dark gray knee sleeves and black knee pads. She sports military-fashioned black, dark gray, and light gray boots. She can sometimes be seen wearing her cat-like ornate mask scope, which is cream, dark gray and light gray in color. Three holes are seen at the right side of the mask and a blue "eye" on the left side. Since the betrayal, Whisper has become more quiet to the point of it being a whisper, she has also become more reserved and bottles up her emotions when put in stressful situations rather than talking. They have a deep bond with Y/N due to them both sharing trauma from the betrayal causing Whisper to be wary in making relationships with friends.

Tangle- Described as pretty, Tangle is an anthropomorphic ring-tailed lemur (with the fur colors for the Coquerel's sifaka) with primarily light gray fur and orchid purple eyes. She possesses one eyelash on each eye, a small black nose and a long bushy tail with gray stripes. She also has gray fur around her muzzle and between her eyes, and dark gray fur around the sides of her eyes and on her eyelids and round ears. She also has extra fur on top of her head and chest, and small cheek tufts. Tangle is loud, extroverted, and easily excitable, but also friendly, polite, helpful, and open. While having seen and overcome her own fair share of challenges in the form of badniks, she is a novice heroine and the world still continues to amaze her. As such, she has seen little of the more outlandish subjects that exist out in the world While such concepts tend to leave her speechless, she is nonetheless quick to be amazed by them. Whenever she sees or reflects on something exciting, she tends to get starry-eyed. When reacting to a sudden sound or event, the hairs on her tail stand up. Tangle's main draw is a highly prehensile tail that she can use and manipulate in various ways as if it was a third arm for a variety of situations. In practice, her tail can whip, snap, grip, curl, and even make a hand to form a fist with. In addition, her tail can extend and contract at will like a rubber band, thus allowing her to wield it as a rope, a bungee cord, a slingshot, or even a pully for herself. By curling it up like a coil, Tangle can also use her tail like a spring to bounce around and can even use this same method of wrapping her tail around someone or something to subdue them. It also has enough strength to dent Badnik armor with a single strike. For attire, Tangle wears a short-sleeved black bodysuit with dark orange stripes down the sides, an amber sleeveless top, and detailed amber hi-tops with white laces and soles, black details, and dark orange cuffs. She also wears amber sports tape around her forearms and fingerless black gloves made of black sports tape with dark orange backings.

Mimic- Mimic- Mimic is a blueish violet anthropomorphic mimic octopus. He has a large, sagging head with six small protrusions at the top and four long tentacles with dark blueish violet tips that extend from his head down to nearly his ankles. Suction cups can be seen on both his hands and feet. Mimic has white eyes with black sclera and possesses a white chocolate muzzle with wrinkles at his beak and a black marking just above it, making his face look like a skull (this was done on purpose by using his shapeshifting abilities as an attempt to look scarier). For attire, he wears a small, tattered gray cloak with sleeves and tattered gray leg warmers of the same slim fabric, all of which are tattered. Known to have always sought prestige and riches, Mimic-in keeping with his shapeshifting abilities-is an ominous, sinister, manipulative, remorseless, cunning and violent sociopath with scant regard for anyone other than himself; an example of his sociopathic tendencies is seen when he shape-shifts. He is not above murder and is willing to kill but is a coward toward people stronger than him.

Part 6.

Ground zero of former Eggman bunker...

The three were sitting in front of the safe, Y/N and Whisper haven't said anything for a while, the wisps were floating around them while Redster was nuzzling up against Y/N trying to get them to feel better.

Tangle: You two have been carrying some serious baggage. I see that now. Let me help. What happened? What did Mimic do to you guys?

The two stay silent for a few seconds before Whisper speaks up.

Whisper: There were 6 of us...

She pulled out a photo of Y/N and herself with the other diamond cutters, Y/N's had their mask on their eyes and nose but their mouth was smiling.

Whisper: Smithy our crafter. Me and Y/N the scouts. Slinger our marksman. Claire Voyance, our Spy-Op. And-

Y/N: Mimic... the infiltrator.

She hands the photo to Tangle who looks at it with stars.

Whisper: We were the Diamond Cutters.

Tangle: You guys look so cool!

Whisper: Heh... thanks.

Y/N: We were an anti-Eggman mercenary team, took the most dangerous missions.

Whisper looks down.

Whisper: I thought we were all committed to the cause... Here let me show you.

She begins to press buttons in her mask. She then hands Tangle the mask.

Whisper: The Video of our masks was networked. Let us review the mission's study each other's perspectives.

Tangle: Oof this is a little rough after the safe. Ok ,Ok ,Ok, No problem.

She puts the mask on, and a video appears on it.

The video shows Whisper and her team infiltrating an Eggman base, taking out guards and destroying machinery. They move with precision and efficiency, their actions a testament to the trust and bond they had forged over the months. Tangle watches the video, her eyes widening as she sees the kind of combat skills Whisper, Y/N and her team possessed. She can't help but feel impressed.

Tangle: Yeah, get em! You all were amazing!

Lightning wisp: We worked well together.

Tangle: I'll say you all-

Tangle Gasps as she heard the wisp talk.

Tangle: Wait you can talk.

The wisp then talks in its native language.

Tangle puts the mask back on.

Tangle: Say again?

Lightning wisp: I said of course we can talk.

Tangle: The masks lets you talk to wisps!

Y/N chuckles

Y/N: Yep. Smithy was amazing.

Whisper: Designed our masks, Wispons, everything.

Y/N: Masks let us communicate. Coordinate. He wanted us to act as one.

Whisper pulls out her Wispon.

Whisper: This Variable Wispon was a prototype we were all supposed to have one. Everyone working as one. Everyone using all the Wisps.

She looks down sad.

Whisper: Everyone.

Y/N looks down as well.

Tangle: They all sound like awesome friends. Now you've gotta tell me what happened. I mean, I can figure it out, but you need to get it out there. Its eating you two up inside.

Y/N: no.

Whisper: We can't...

Tangle: Then show me do you still have the video on File?

Whisper: I... Yes... But...

Tangle: If you can't confront it right now. I understand. But the more you can share the more I can help you.

The wisps begin talking to Whisper.

Whisper: You think so?

Whisper looks at Y/N and nods, Y/N presses a few buttons inside their mask and hands it to her.

Y/N: If your sure...

Tangle puts on the mask and watches the video,

Whispers Playback...

It shows the diamond cutters going over a mission briefing.

Mimic: And taking it down will be a total blackout for his forces along the coastline! Eggman's been steam rolling the world with the Hedgehogs M.I.A we can't pass this up!

Claire turns to Whisper and Y/N.

Claire: Listen you two, hang back like you always do?

Whisper: Why? Mimic says were all needed on the ground for this one.

Claire: I'm not sure just got a bad feeling about this.

Whisper: You're the psychic should we scrub the op?

Claire: No Mimics right we can't pass up this opportunity. We'll just have to be extra careful. And I'll scry really hard.

Whisper laughs.

Smithy Playback...

Smithy: Its way too quiet, Claire where is the security?

Claire: I'm having trouble sensing anything, Eggman must be projecting Alpha-waves.

Whisper Playback...

Whisper and Y/N are outside on a cliff edge scouting.

Smithy: Whisper, Y/N? anyone inbound?

Whisper: All quite out here.

Smithy Playback...

Slinger: I don't like this Eggman's ready for us this time.

Mimic: After all we've done to him you would think he would adapt. Who else can take down this place? The resistance? Pfftt.

Mimic shapeshifts into a Badnik.

Smithy: You're both right. Mimic scout ahead for an ambush. Well push ahead.

Mimic: Good call I'll yell if I find anything.

Claire goes ahead before pointing toward a room.

Claire: The alpha waves are strongest here. Whatever Eggman's hiding its most likely in there.

Smithy: Lock and load Diamond Cutters. Let's cause some property damage.

Smithy looks at a charging pod to reveal a shadow android.

Smithy: What in the world. I've heard of a metal sonic is this?

Suddenly the Shadow Android turns on.

The door behind them shuts as more Shadow androids get out of their pods.

Claire: Were sealed in!

Smithy: Fire at will!

Slinger: Mimic! WHISPER! Y/N! We need Evac!

Claire: Mimic where are you!

Mimics Playback...

Eggman: Well, done Mimic. I wasn't sure that you'd deliver but I'm delighted that you did the right thing.

Mimic: By my estimates you'll have about 99 percent of the planet in a month, and I prefer to play by the winning team. I'm free to go, correct?

Eggman: Of course, you've more than earned your freedom.

Suddenly Mimics blue Wisp goes up to Eggman angrily before escaping through a vent.

Mimic: I guess I'll be moving on without my Wisp.

Eggman: Their more trouble than their worth believe me now let's see here. My shadow androids only say there are 3 targets down, there were 6 of you.

Mimic: Whisper and Y/N are just scouts no threat to-

Eggman: Finish the job or I'll finish you.

Whisper Playback...

Whisper and Y/N arw up in a tree hiding from Mimic, Whispers gear on the ground.

Mimic limps over as Slinger attempting to draw them out.

Mimic: Wh- Whisper? Y/N? H-Help. We were ambushed I barely got of their alive.

He then stops pretending and picks up her sniper Wispon.

Mimic: They abandoned us? I mean they would have heard everything.

Mimic shifts into his true self.

Mimic: If they ran the minute things went bad, they could be a click from here in any direction. Eggman's gonna fillet me alive.

Mimics Playback...

Mimic takes of his mask and hold it in front of him.

Mimic: Then again, I have Whispers Wispon and he wouldn't be able to tell my mask from hers and I could say I kicked Y/N down a really deep cliff. I could turn these in as proof that gets Eggman of my back. And there's nothing to fear from a couple of unarmed cowards. Ha it should be criminal to be this smooth.

Mimic whistles while walking away. Whisper holds the orange Wisp calming it down. Y/N staying silent.

The recording ends.

Tangle gasps at what she just watched, she hands the mask back to Y/N who puts it over their eyes and nose but keeping their mouth visible.

Y/N: We waited until the coast was clear.

Whisper: Rescued the wisps, went back to base, took Smithy's prototype.

Tangle: I...

Tangle begins softly crying before composing herself and sighs.

Tangle: I know we said we asked for it but, why would you hold on to that footage.

Whisper: Never forget...

Y/N: Never forgive...

Tangle: So that's why you took the new Wispon and small army of little aliens. To keep fighting as the Guardian Angels of the battlefield.

Whisper: Their name for us. Not our idea.

Tangle: And then you guys joined us to defeat Neo Metal Sonic. I guess Shadow being their made things awkward.

Whisper: It wasn't his fault. It was hard seeing them... Him.

Tangle: Ok I've got a pretty good timeline of everything now. That only leaves one question. Why leave me behind? Mimic is dangerous not just cause of what he can do but because he's inside your heads.

Whisper: You are the first friend we have ever allowed ourselves to have since then, we just didn't want to feel that again.

Whisper begins to sniffle tears threatening to spill out.

Tangle: Well too bad, you're my friend too, and friends look after each other No matter what!

Y/N: HE NEARLY DESTROYED US TONIGHT!

Tangle: well yeah. Which means he gets double the payback. I know how he works firsthand now. He won't trick me again. He doesn't stand a chance next time.

Whisper: You can't be discouraged, can you?

Tangle: Not when my buddy's need some positive energy and especially not when they need help avenging their friends.

Whisper spreads her arms out before hugging Tangle.

Whisper: Thank you. she says while crying.

Y/N stays sitting down, masking their emotions but a few tears leak through.

Whisper and Tangle break the hug.

Tangle: Y/N?

Y/N's masked face showed a mix of emotions as they hesitated for a moment before throwing themselves into Tangle's comforting embrace. They held onto her tightly, the weight of their emotions finally breaking through as they allowed themselves to release their pent-up feelings. Tangle held them close, offering silent support and reassurance as they both found solace in each other's presence. The tears flowed freely as they leaned on each other, finding comfort in their shared vulnerability and friendship.

Whisper: The trail runs cold. it'll take a while to find him.

Y/N quickly breaks out of the hug.

Tangle: Maybe not. Mimic already "got you guys" once. Eggman will demand solid proof this time. That means Mimic will come back, and we'll give him a taste of his own medicine.

A few hours later...

Mimic speeds across the wasteland where the bunker used to be on a drill speeder before stopping and pulling out a hologram call with Eggman.

Mimic: I'm here and I can confirm that there gone, there's nothing but soot and slag.

Eggman: Then comb through every mote and lump! You screwed up once already and I don't trust you not to do it again!

Mimic: The three would have been atomized, what kind of proof do you expect me to find?

Eggman: Thats your problem not mine. You assured me your former comrades weren't a threat, let alone alive. Except not only are the last Diamond Cutters alive but they became a destructive beacon during the war! They cannot be allowed to run around!

Mimic get back on his Drill speeder.

Mimic: Don't you have better things to do than hunt down two mercenaries?

Eggman: Sonic gives me enough trouble! I don't need another distraction! Fail me again and I'll add you to that list of distractions. There's no form you can take that'll protect you from Metal Sonic.

Mimic: I-I'll see what I c-can find.

He notices the open safe.

Mimic: Impossible...

Eggman: What? Are they alive?! What kind of assassin are you!?

Mimic crouches down looking at the tracks coming out of the safe.

Mimic: The tracks are... perfect. No signs of limping, evenly spaced, not hurried, these are deliberate.

He begins following the tracks to a cliff.

Eggman: So?

Mimic: Shut up for one minute will you!

Eggman: HOW DARE YOU! YOUE LIFE IS IN MY HANDS! YOU'LL FINISH OFF THE LAST OF THE DIAMOND CUTTERS OR I'LL-

Mimic: Relax doctor... I know exactly where to find them.

He looks down at a message with each of the wisp's face in the dirt and multiple footsteps around it. "We end this where we started."

Mimic: I'm going to need backup, because who wants a fair fight?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

588 18 4
Whisper had lost everything, the Resistance was losing the war. After she saves the life of a grey-furred hedgehog multiple times, and after the Resi...
7.2K 151 4
Four-part series about how Soap accidentally discovers the relationship between the 141's medic and his Lieutenant.
13.1K 280 41
N x reader A series of coincidences at some point becomes fate.