Wolf and a Fox.

By Skyarcher07

Takes place during the events of the IDW series. More

Betrayal
Part 2
Angel Island
Miniseries part 1
Miniseries part 3
Miniseries Finale
Metal Virus part 1
Metal Virus part 2
All or Nothing
Out of the Blue.
Silver
Mini Dubs
Thunderstorm
Urban Warefare
Reinforcements Arrive
Tower Tumbles
Plan B? Oh NO!
Duo the Cat
A hunt for Mimic
Surges turning point?

Miniseries part 2

86 3 0
By Skyarcher07

Y/N- A member of the diamond cutters for 2 weeks now until they were betrayed and killed, they are an anthropomorphic fox with unspecified fur, eyes, tail and hair color leaving it up to the reader. Unlike traditional Diamond cutter gear they wear ankle high azure black boots, fingerless green gloves allowing them to use Wispons better, black shorts with a wisp canister beside them, a black long-sleeved shirt with a black hoodie over it, they wear a mask that looks like a fox with cream, dark gray and light gray in color, they have a scope in the single red eye helping them aim and hiding their face. They use a modified Burst Wispon (Modeled after the Red wisp, the Burst Wispon is a red-colored that has a fireball-shaped frame that is held together by several black nozzles. These nozzles are attached to a white barrel. It also has three holes on its front, keeping with the Red Wisp-motif. It also has a black handle on the back that allows the wielder to hold it in a comfortable grip.) This one is unique because it has blue stripes along the grip and can switch from flame thrower or all the three holes can come together to pull off a precision shot. Y/N uses a red wisp named Redster. Y/N is usually quiet and has not been heard to even mutter a single word since their time during the Eggman-Resistance war, they are a complex thinker and prefer to stay out of the spotlight, staying back and scouting with Whisper, but has a very big temper, often lashing out and staying angry for a while when angered. Since the betrayal has made Y/N even more independent, refusing to show their whole face and refusing to speak, they only trust Whisper and people who are her allies as they look up to her as a higher up since she was in the Diamond Cutters for longer.

Whisper- Whisper is an anthropomorphic wolf with biscotti fur that covers most of her body, and brown skin that covers her muzzle, inside of her ears, arms, upper torso, and front torso. She has thick black eyelashes and cloudy white fur around her eyes that resemble a mask. Her eyes are cadet blue, although they are often closed to the point of squinting. She wears light gray eyeshadow and has a long, bushy tail which ends in several tufts of fur sticking out in various directions. She also has a black nose, long-pointed ears and quite long hair that she keeps tied at the back in a ponytail with a black hair tie, save for a long, thick hair bang that covers her right eye. Her pointed cheeks are a little fluffy. Her fangs protrude from her mouth which is often in a natural frown. For attire, Whisper wears a cream-colored tube top, light gray leggings, and a dark gray cloak, in which she keeps six canisters. The cloak also has black and dark gray pockets seen on the shoulders. Whisper wears an outfit geared towards combat. This includes dark gray arm sleeves with black elbow pads, dark gray and light gray gloves with visible dark brown claws, and dark gray knee sleeves and black knee pads. She sports military-fashioned black, dark gray, and light gray boots. She can sometimes be seen wearing her cat-like ornate mask scope, which is cream, dark gray and light gray in color. Three holes are seen at the right side of the mask and a blue "eye" on the left side. Since the betrayal, Whisper has become more quiet to the point of it being a whisper, she has also become more reserved and bottles up her emotions when put in stressful situations rather than talking. They have a deep bond with Y/N due to them both sharing trauma from the betrayal causing Whisper to be wary in making relationships with friends.

Tangle- Described as pretty, Tangle is an anthropomorphic ring-tailed lemur (with the fur colors for the Coquerel's sifaka) with primarily light gray fur and orchid purple eyes. She possesses one eyelash on each eye, a small black nose and a long bushy tail with gray stripes. She also has gray fur around her muzzle and between her eyes, and dark gray fur around the sides of her eyes and on her eyelids and round ears. She also has extra fur on top of her head and chest, and small cheek tufts. Tangle is loud, extroverted, and easily excitable, but also friendly, polite, helpful, and open. While having seen and overcome her own fair share of challenges in the form of badniks, she is a novice heroine and the world still continues to amaze her. As such, she has seen little of the more outlandish subjects that exist out in the world While such concepts tend to leave her speechless, she is nonetheless quick to be amazed by them. Whenever she sees or reflects on something exciting, she tends to get starry-eyed. When reacting to a sudden sound or event, the hairs on her tail stand up. Tangle's main draw is a highly prehensile tail that she can use and manipulate in various ways as if it was a third arm for a variety of situations. In practice, her tail can whip, snap, grip, curl, and even make a hand to form a fist with. In addition, her tail can extend and contract at will like a rubber band, thus allowing her to wield it as a rope, a bungee cord, a slingshot, or even a pully for herself. By curling it up like a coil, Tangle can also use her tail like a spring to bounce around and can even use this same method of wrapping her tail around someone or something to subdue them. It also has enough strength to dent Badnik armor with a single strike. For attire, Tangle wears a short-sleeved black bodysuit with dark orange stripes down the sides, an amber sleeveless top, and detailed amber hi-tops with white laces and soles, black details, and dark orange cuffs. She also wears amber sports tape around her forearms and fingerless black gloves made of black sports tape with dark orange backings.

Mimic- Mimic- Mimic is a blueish violet anthropomorphic mimic octopus. He has a large, sagging head with six small protrusions at the top and four long tentacles with dark blueish violet tips that extend from his head down to nearly his ankles. Suction cups can be seen on both his hands and feet. Mimic has white eyes with black sclera and possesses a white chocolate muzzle with wrinkles at his beak and a black marking just above it, making his face look like a skull (this was done on purpose by using his shapeshifting abilities as an attempt to look scarier). For attire, he wears a small, tattered gray cloak with sleeves and tattered gray leg warmers of the same slim fabric, all of which are tattered. Known to have always sought prestige and riches, Mimic-in keeping with his shapeshifting abilities-is an ominous, sinister, manipulative, remorseless, cunning and violent sociopath with scant regard for anyone other than himself; an example of his sociopathic tendencies is seen when he shape-shifts. He is not above murder and is willing to kill but is a coward toward people stronger than him.

Part 5.

Outside forgotten Eggman empire bunker...

The bunker was shaped like Eggman's face, Y/N and Whisper were up on a hill, observing the base, trying to find any other way in other than the front door.

Tangle: Sneak Sneak SNEAKK.

Whisper falls to the ground clearly stressed with Tangle. She takes off her mask looking at Tangle.

Whisper: Stop it.

Tangle: Sorry.

Y/N pulls out a pair of binoculars observing the bunker.

Whisper: No activity outside, can't scan inside.

Tangle: So... that's good right, we're clear to go in then.

Y/N shakes their head.

Whisper: We're walking into Mimic's trap blind, that's dangerous.

Tangle: Pffttt! He invited us here! Yeah, he knows were coming, but we got him backed up into a corner.

Y/N stares at her before returning to the binoculars.

Tangle: A corner he has control over. I get it. Would it be better to back off then? Try to find him another time.

Y/N's hands grip the binoculars tightly.

Whisper: No. Now or never have to risk it.

Tangle: So, we'll just have to risk it.

Whisper and Y/N groan.

Tangle: Relax. You guys are gonna get an ulcer. And besides, you two seem to know how this guy operates, and he seemed to think you guys were something called a diamond cutter? I'm assuming you guys have history with him.

Y/N's gloved hands clench around the binoculars so tightly that the lenses crack under the pressure. Their masked face betrays a mix of frustration and determination as they struggle to contain their emotions. They see the damage realizing the binoculars are useless and throw them to the side.

Whisper places her mask over her face.

Whisper: yes.

Tangle stares at the two concern in her eyes.

Tangle: Touchy subject, got it, anything I need to know going in?

Whisper: He's dangerous, manipulative, be on guard.

Y/N stands up.

Tangle: Alrighty?

The perspective changes to Mimic watching the three carefully making their way to the front entrance.

Mimic: You've scouted every angel and found no other way in, so here you two come, walking in the front door, this must be torture for you two. And you brought that delightful rube from Spiral Hill, it seems you two didn't learn your lesson? Then again that was always your weaknesses, you couldn't do much outside the old gang. Now you two are using our wisps as a crutch, an effective crutch. Credit where its due but you two put me on the run, but then you took a timeout, took a little break with your little friends. Tsk Tsk.

His form begins changing.

Mimic: Part of me just wishes that we could settle this just between the three of us... but since you two insist on bringing the yokel along...

He transforms into Jewel's form.

Mimic: I'll just have to let you two handicap yourselves.

Tangle uses her tail to lift the door open revealing a bunch of high shelves filled with junk and rusted electronics., the three walk through, Y/N behind them, watching their backs with their wispon drawn.

Tangle: This is a pretty boring nefarious trap.

Whisper: Shh.

Tangle's tail grabs a high shelf.

Tangle: Let's make him play at our pace, I'll go high, you two go low.

Whisper: Don't!'

But it's too late as Tangle pulls herself up before looking at the two with a thumbs up and disappearing from view.

Whisper and Y/N both sigh before getting back-to-back and continue walking through.

Meanwhile with Tangle...

Tangle is jumping across the shelves using her tail to catch herself.

Tangle (Mind): Check every shadow. Second guess every movement. Whisper and Y/N counting on you so don't screw this up. They haven't said much, Not like they says much but this Mimic guy clearly hurt her and the one thing you don't do is hurt my friends.

Jewel: Tangle help!

Tangle: Jewel?! How?!

Y/N and Whisper hear this stopping in place.

Whisper: Oh no!

Tangle runs along the shelf before dropping down seeing Whisper.

Tangle: I heard Jewel! But we left her back at Spiral Hill!

Whisper: Mimic must have kidnapped her when we left! This way!

Tangle: If she's hurt, I'll never forgive myself!

Whisper: Shh, she's being used as bait.

The two stops near an open safe, Whisper puts her hand up.

Whisper: Hold it!... Looks clear, check inside the safe I'll cover you.

Tangle: Right.

Tangle walks up to the safe opening it.

Tangle: Heh... Whisper must be worried too; I've never seen her speak so plainly. Wait... Did she not have her Wispon?

Suddenly Tangle is kicked into the safe before it closes behind her.

Tangle gets up and begins banging on the door furiously.

Tangle NO NO NO! Let me out! F-Fight m-me in th-the o-open! HELLO! YOU JERK OPEN UP RIGHT NOW!

Tangle puts her hands over her mouth scared.

Tangle: Don't can't use up all the air, can't pass out again, its dark, just forget your enclosed... um...

With Whisper and Y/N...

Y/N quickly peeks around a corner before jumping out checking the place out, they signal to Whisper that the coast is clear.

Suddenly Tangle comes running from around the corner.

Whisper and Y/N aim their Wispons at her.

Tangle (Fake): Whoa Whoa Whoa! It's me!

Whisper: Prove it.

Tangle (Fake): What do you want? My diploma? Mimic turned into Jewel and lured me out.

She points toward her slightly ripped top.

Tangle (Fake): He took a swipe at me, and I ran to find you guys.

Y/N and Whisper glance at each other before lowering their wispons.

Tangle begins to run.

Tangle (Fake): He wasn't far behind c'mon let's get him.

Whisper reaches out to Tangle while running after her. Y/N following closely behind.

Whisper: Wait!

They both turn the corner to see Mimic in Tangles form on top of a giant Badnik swinging a wrecking ball around.

Mimic: You know I can shapeshift! DID YOU NOT THINK I COULD make it look damaged!?

The Badnik swing the wrecking ball over at them, but they dodge it, Whisper gets up and puts her mask on her face before firing a pink spike at the chain destroying the wrecking ball. She then shoots orange missiles which destroys the Badnik. Mimic quickly jumps off of it. A small Eggman bomb lands in front of Whisper and Y/N. Whisper grabs Y/N and uses Hover mode to fly over the bomb. Mimic pulls out a blaster and begins shooting at Whisper.

Y/N fires at blast at Mimic's hand making him drop the blaster and kicking him into a box wall.

Mimic sit there in Tangles form still.

A pissed off Whisper and Y/N in front of him.

Mimic grunts

Mimic: Nice shot...

Whisper puts her Wispon in Hammer mode her eyes open and filled with rage.

Mimic: And it looks like you've learned to appreciate the personal touch.

Y/N growls before putting the Wispon up to the side of his head.

Mimic: Well, well, well, the quiet little fox has changed, huh? No longer content to sit in the shadows, hm?

Y/N pushes their wispon more to his head.

Whisper: Where is she!

Mimic: Oh, you mean this pretty face? Lets just say, she's in a SAFE place.

Mimic then turns into a teal-furred ocelot, anthropomorphic with pink eyes and a dark pink nose. He had triangular ears with tan canals and had white fur on his muzzle, chest and tail tip. He also had turquoise markings on top of his head, above his eyes and his tail.

Mimic: But I can't say the same for the others. And whose fault is that hmm?

Whisper and Y/N step back in guilt, Whispers face in horror.

Whisper: Dont you dare-!

He then turns into a short, green-furred, anthropomorphic howler monkey with light green skin. She possessed light yellow eyeshadow and lipstick. She had longer fur on the top and the sides of her head and a long, curly tail. For attire, they wore a cream dress with four black buttons on the top level, gray leggings and a gold earring on each ear.

Mimic: Why not? They were my friends just as much as they were yours.

Mimic then turned into a large, brown-furred, anthropomorphic lion with bright brown eyes, a black nose, rounded ears and white hair on his light brown muzzle. He had a large, dark brown mane with the lower part of it held by a black beard tie. He had light brown fur on his chest and long tail with a black hair tie near the paintbrush-shaped side of his tail tuft.

He goes up to Whisper who has a guilty face on her, towering over her.

Mimic: You two HAD ONE JOB! AND WHERE WERE YOU IN THE END CERTAINLY NOT WITH US.

Y/N kicks Mimic away sending him flying back into the boxes as Whisper regains her composure ,raising the Wispon hammer above her head.

Whisper: YOU SOLD US OUT. WE Will MAKE YOU PAY FOR ALL OF THEM!

Mimic: So, you've already given up on your new friend? If you hurry you might open the safe in time before she run out of air. I doubt you'll will get out of here before the bombs go off though.

He looks up at the two.

Mimic: But I'm counting on you trying.

Y/N and Whisper look at each other torn, they both then deactivate their wispons and begin running to find the safe.

Mimic makes his way outside, shutting the door and trapping them in.

He begins shifting into his true form.

Mimic: Rest in peace Whisper and Y/N it was fun while it lasted.

The two reaches the safe Y/N immediately tries to burn their way through but the metal stays.

Whisper: MOVE!

Y/N moves out of the way as she fires 3 pink spike out of her Wispon into the safe opening the door.

Tangle stumbles out but Y/N catches her.

Tangle: No more... let me out...

Y/N hoists her too her feet.

Whisper: Get Up! There are bombs!

Tangle: Thats not good

Suddenly the bombs begin to go off.

As the bombs detonate, the abandoned bunker starts to crumble around them. Whisper's eyes widen in panic as she realizes the gravity of the situation, Y/N looks around in desperation.

Tangle: Welp I'm gonna hate this but...

Tangle pushes Whisper, Y/N and herself into the safe, using her tail to nudge them inside before quickly shutting the heavy metal door. The bombs continue to explode outside, causing the bunker to shake and rumble as debris falls around them.

Inside the safe, the three of them huddle together, the sound of the explosions muffled but still loud. Tangle looks around, her expression a mix of fear and determination as she braces herself for the impact.

Whisper grips Y/N's hand tightly, their eyes meeting in silent communication as they prepare for what comes next. Y/N's masked face betrays none of their emotions, but their steady presence and strong grip offer a sense of assurance to the group.

As the explosions subside, the three of them sit in the safe, the air filled with dust and debris. Tangle uses her tail to punch the door open, she throws herself out.

Tangle: AIR! Don't care if it smells like burning.

She pulls herself up before dusting herself off.

Tangle: Man, he wasn't kidding there's nothing left.

Y/N walks to the side of the safe before yelling, catching Tangle off guard. Whisper just walks a little way away before stopping.

Whisper: Tangle... go home...

Tangle looks at Whisper, confusion evident in her eyes.

Tangle: Wait, I know I screwed up! I knew Mimic's game and he still tricked me! But it won't happen again!

Y/N: NO!

Y/N rips off their mask before getting in Tangles face, tears falling down their face.

Tangle is shocked by this, its the first time they've ever heard Y/N speak and seen their face.

Y/N: go home...

Y/N sits down.

Tangle looks between the two.

Tangle: Please don't do this! Let me prove I'm not a failure.

Whisper: Your not...

Tangle: Then why-

Whisper takes her mask off.

Whisper: We won't lose another friend! We can't!

Whisper sits down in front of the safe, beginning to break down as Y/N begins breaking down too.

Tangle looks between her two friends wiping away a few tears before sitting between the two.

Tangle: Ok you've got a hurt, it runs deep. I'm thinking you two are long overdue for a talk. So let it out, I'll shut up, I'll listen.

Y/N and Whisper look at each other before nodding to each other.

Whisper: Ok, we'll tell you everything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 647 42
The traumatized Whisper the Wolf sees how Dr. Eggman's grasp has destroyed the world, she tries to help where she can, and meets someone very special...
8.3K 249 9
๐™ฌ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™ข๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ค๐™› ๐™˜๐™ก๐™ค๐™ช๐™™ ๐™œ๐™š๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™– ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™š๐™ก๐™š๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™จ, ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๏ฟฝ...
13.1K 280 41
N x reader A series of coincidences at some point becomes fate.
234 11 9
Three years ago, Mobians and Demons fought side by side to save their worlds from a threat unlike any other. An old enemy of Sonic's returns however...